Start by marking “Britfield & The Lost Crown” as Want to Read:
Britfield & The Lost Crown

Britfield & The Lost Crown

Tom has spent most of his life locked behind the cruel walls of Weatherly Orphanage, but when he learns that his parents might be still alive, Tom knows he must do what he can to find them. He can't leave Weatherly without his best friend Sarah, so armed with a single clue to his past, BRITFIELD, the two make a daring escape.
Published August 15th 2019 by Devonfield Publishing (first published August 1st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Britfield & The Lost Crown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Britfield & The Lost Crown

Laura  Lane
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Britfield & The Lost Crown by C.R. Stewart

Britfield & The Lost Crown by C.R. Stewart
A book to get lost in with a good cup of tea...
the British answer to everything!

Britfield & The Lost Crown by C.R. Stewart is billed as a kids' book. Yes and no. Yes, it is an exciting read for kids, but no you don't want to miss it just because you're an older teen or adult!

Britfield sounded thrilling to me. I like juvenile fiction. It's usually clean (this is) and if it's good, has a great storyli
Emma Filbrun
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: school, review-copies
We enjoyed reading this book aloud together. The adventures and narrow escapes kept us wanting to keep going until we reached the end, although shortly before everything was resolved we figured out the truth of what was happening. My older children who were listening as I read thought the book was a bit over the top, and not realistic. I agree—but as far as an adventure story it was a lot of fun. There was a fair amount of questionable language which I didn't appreciate, and several instances of ...more
Erin
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Our Thoughts
We love this book! Obviously, you’ve already guessed that. We probably wouldn’t keep saying it’s a new recommended reading if we didn’t even like the book!

I have had seven children ages 8 through 14 who read this book on their own during our review period. They ALL loved it! That’s saying something given the age range and that these are both boys and girls with lots of varying interests. Now I can’t wait to start it as a read-aloud because I’m excited to read it too.

Some of the thin
Becca-Rae Weidel
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars*
Britfield was a fantastic adventure, jam-packed with the perfect amount of adventure and suspense to keep the pages turning. One of the markets in dire need of more content is fiction for advanced middle grade. The targeted audience is 9-12 year olds, but coming in at just shy of 400 pages (as book 1 in a series) and with quite the sprinkling of more advanced vocabulary--it's one that would a appeal to the more avid of young readers. As someone who highly values parents reading to the
Patti Pierce
While this book is geared for youth, as an adult I found myself caught up in the story. Imagine thinking you were an orphan all your life and then you find out your parents are possibly still alive. This scenario is exactly what happens to Tom. Growing up in a series of miserable orphanages with only one thought of eventually escaping, Tom finds himself forced to flee with his best friend Sarah.

Full of danger, mystery, intrigue, and adventure, this book was definitely worth reading. My one compl
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

I usually don’t read a lot of YA books, but this one sounded interesting and since I love beautiful and interesting book covers, this one drew me in. The first few chapters are not so appealing, as they talk about the orphanage Tom has lived in n most of his life. But when he finds out his parents may be alive, the exciting journey begins. And all Tom can remember is Britfield. But back at the orphanage, things are in an uproar and they must find the two runaways asap.

Thi
Janelle Cole
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, I can fall in love with a great young adult fiction book, or even a great children’s book! I simply love books!!

Britfield & The Lost Crown is a book that I fell in love with from the start! This is a very fast paced novel with many twist and turns and you really never know what will happen next!

The characters are amazing! I loved meeting Tom and Sarah and joining their adventures as they broke out of a terrible children’s home. Right before getting out they learn that Tom’s parents
J.E. Grace
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Britfield & The Lost Crown is an adventure with suspense and lots of action. Tom & Sarah rush through London with the police and bad guys trying to catch them.

The author's writing style is geared for the young, but held my interest as an adult reader. The characters are humorous, witty, and very creative in avoiding being caught. There are a lot of twists throughout that would keep a young reader thinking what will happen next.

The storyline is fresh; the characters are strong as young ch
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a pleasant story to listen to. The Narrator was just great, loved how he did the female Scottish accent. There was enough twists and turns to keep me highly entertained.

I always go into children’s books expecting to see a lot of stuff, where I just shake my head at. Just them moments where you go ‘really?’ I found with this story, I never did. It felt realistic enough, the children used their common sense. They did their best.

(Disclaimer: I received a free copy from the Publisher. Does
Britt Hanson
Jun 18, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
I was given this book to read in an exchange for a review, and honestly, it wasn't my fave. I marked is as did not finish, although I did skim through the majority of it and feel like I understand the plot fairly well. It is middle grade fiction, so I didn't expect too much of it, but even then it felt like very juvenile writing and didn't capture my interest at all. That said, I bet true middle grade readers will enjoy it.
Robin McCann
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this book and it is a perfect mystery for grades 3-6. It kept me interested as an adult as well. There was a lot of learning hidden in there. Although, at times I felt there was a bit too much about location descriptions and history for this age group. I think it is a fun way to learn. It was also not too scary.
Emily (emilyreadsbooks)
Jul 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
Two orphans escape from their awful orphanage and embark on an adventure across Great Britain trying to evade a cunning detective, a shady assassin, and people from the orphanage. Despite the writing not being 5 star level, I did want to know what happened next and loved the setting and historical/architectural details sprinkled throughout.
Wendy Ross
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story is captivating, exciting and suspenseful, and keeps you at the edge of your seat. The writing is descriptive, making it possible to visualize the English countryside as you sail overhead in a hot air balloon. Your preteens and teens will enjoy it, I'm sure.
Karen
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful, thrilling adventure with lots of action. Throughout the book, as Tom and Sarah try to avoid being captured after running away from a horrible orphanage, we learn a lot about different sites in England
Claudia Gerwin
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-general
Intrigue, escape, suspicion...juvenile/young adult fiction. A rollicking good time. Waiting patiently for the next instalment.
Dustin Eves
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put it down

The characters are endearing, the chase was exhilarating. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I can't wait until the next one comes out.
Monique Dupuis
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Action packed

Wow! Can’t wait for book two in the fall of 2020. Same class as Harry Potter. Read aloud to my 7 year old and be loved it.
Brenda
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Da Vinci Code for a new generation. C.R. Stewart weaves a tale with twists and turns using the English backdrop just as skillful as Dan Brown. Our entire family can't wait til the next book.
Melissa
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Great plot, wonderful writing, lots of twists and the main characters are superbly woven into the story. I was sad when I got to the last chapter, but happy again to find out the author will continue the story with another book next year!!! Can't wait to read the next adventure!
Homeschooling6
Kelly Hendrickson
Jul 16, 2019
Catherine Gillespie
Jun 10, 2019
Born in Newport Beach, California, C. R. Stewart has twenty years of experience writing fiction, nonfiction, and movie screenplays. His areas of expertise also includes film and media production, global strategy, and international marketing.

“Britfield & The Lost Crown was conceived as an idea over 10 years ago while enduring a boring finance seminar. It started as a sketch of a hot air balloo