Start by marking “His to Defend” as Want to Read:
His to Defend

His to Defend

(NOLA Knights #1)

Book one of NOLA Knights, the heart-stoppingly sexy spinoff series by Men of Haven author Rhenna Morgan

His world. His rules. Her love.

Though his methods may be rough, when it comes to protecting what’s his, Russian vor Sergei Petrovyh’s heart is always in the right place. That’s never been more true than when the gorgeous Evette Labadie asks him for a job. He knows enoug/>His
Expected publication: October 29th 2019 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about His to Defend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His to Defend

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
His To Defend is book one in the NOLA Knights series by Rhenna Morgan. This new series is a spin off of Rhenna’s Men of Haven series. But, you do not need to have read Men of Haven in order to enjoy this.

Sergei Petrovyh is the head of the mafia in New Orleans. Sergei was born in Russia but came to New Orleans to start his own family, meaning his mafia family. Sergei is a beautiful man. But one look into his eyes and you see the darkness within. He is both respected and feared. Revered and revil
Carvanz
I love the way this author writes heroes! The icing on her already delicious cake is a heroine that is just as wonderful. Sergei and Evette were awesome individually and together. Add a seven year old boy, and a Cinderella type feel to the story and this book was a winner!

description

Evette dealt with life’s harsher realities by losing herself in wild actions which resul
Coco.V
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
“She was his weakness. The delicate chink in his otherwise insurmountable wall. But she was also his redemption. His absolution, greater purpose and color in another otherwise drab and monochrome world.”

What a good surprise this book was!

This is my first book by Rhenna Morgan and I enjoyed every minute of it. I already knew it was right up my alley when I read the blurb, but we all know that a lot of things can go wrong from there. And I have to say that I was not disappointed. This book
Deborah
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.75*

I loved this book.

When I started reading I fully expected this to be a 3* read. I liked the blurb but I honestly never expected this to be so good. Plus I’m a bit stingy with my stars. A book has to be something special to get more than 3* from me.
This is also a new author to me and I’ll be checking out her other books as soon as I’ve finished this review.

I loved everything about this. Evette is a strong confident hardworking single mother. Her seven yea
Mindy Lou's Book Review
This was 100% my kind of mafia book. I like that dark, anti-hero who still behaves honorably and protects what is his at all costs. To me, that's the perfect bad boy persona, that right amount of balance between dark and light.

The minute Sergei was introduced in the Haven Brotherhood series I knew I wanted his story. He's one of those characters that captures you from the start and holds you captive. Despite his hard exterior, he never once treated Evette badly. Nothing will win me over faster
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC received for review

You might remember Sergei from Tempted & Taken, and now he's back for his own HEA. Evette has been drooling over Sergei for a while, and when she and her son need help she asks Sergei for help. He helps her and falls in love with her. Sergei doesn't do anything halfway, and getting his woman is no different. Evette is unsure about falling in love with him and being the wife of a Russian mobster, but in the end of course, Sergie wins her over.

I'm hopin
I knew as soon as we met Sergei Petrovyh In Tempted and Taken that I wanted his story. I knew this sexy protective Russian was going to be my favorite.When I found out it was based in New Orleans with all its atmosphere and flavor just made it even better. I’m gonna be honest most Mafia Romance is just not my cup of tea. There are a few good ones out there but most just no thank you! This is one of the best books I’ve read this year and I read a lot. I just love a Alpha Take charge hero and nobo ...more
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead

When Evie's parents died she had a breakdown where she started drinking heavily, she woke up once after blacking out realising she'd had sex but not knowing with whom. One month later Evie is pregnant , she doesn't let that hold her down. she's determined to do the best for her child, seven years later Evie's son is a gifted child and needs to go to a different school that'll challenge him more. Having just been fired Evie turns to new big man on the s
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"The angel is having second thoughts about dancing with the devil?"

I discovered the author's Men of Haven a while back and there's been no turning back, only a bit of fangirling and author stalking moving forward. I was very excited to get my hands on His to Defend and it was even better than I'd hoped...sigh. ♥

Evie is a single mom who is determined to do her best for her son. Nothing will stop her from giving him what he needs, even if it means making a deal with the devil, Sergei Petrovyh. She
Christina
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I received this book from the author in exchange for my honest opinion.

This has been a heavily anticipated book for me. After reading the "Men of Haven" series by this author, we all knew that the Russian needed his own book. AND WE GOT IT!!!!

Sergei Petrovyh is what you'd call a "Pakhan" in Russian. He's the leader of his Mafia and he's created his own family. No one messes with what's his and he makes sure that everyone knows it. After moving to New Orleans and settling in, he's s
Bookgasms Book Blog
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
That time I picked up a Netgalley book and preceded to be a slave to my kindle until the very last page!! YOU GUYS! Rhenna Morgan's His to Defend completely rocked my world. I legit DIED for Sergei and Evette and seriously could not stop reading! This story was sexy and emotional and SUCH an amazing read. I seriously was hooked on every word!!

Anyone who knows me know that Mafia stories are my jam! I am SO obsessed with Bratva stories it isn't even funny. Add to that a single mother w
Maggie Whitworth
❤❤❤
💋💋💋

I will first say that the book is an enjoyable read .
The characters are believable and intriguing.
The storyline was good to , Tense romantically and due to danger lurking.
The general overall book I enjoyed, it had a great feeling to it that was something that kept me reading , wanting to know the end result.

However in places it lost its rhythm , this put me off .
I like a book to hold my attention throughout to grip me and not let go.

Arlena

Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: Five
Review:

"His To Defend" by Rhenna Morgan

"His world. His rules. Her love" is what "His to Defend" was all about. I thought this was quite a beautifully well-written story that his author gives the reader that will keep you turning the pages to see what was coming next. What will happen when Evette Lab
Evie
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was pretty hot. Somewhat predictable but a good story nonetheless.
Deb
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults 18+ Fans of Fiction
Hold on tight for another phenomenal must read! “His To Defend” is the 1st in the new NOLA Knights series & deserves 6 stars, IMHO ;) Once again I was blown away by this brand new spin-off and with the appearances by the Haven Brothers from her other 5 stars series! ... It grabbed me from the start & kept me glued to, and on the edge of my seat as my emotions ran the gamut!
... Ms. Morgan is a master weaver of some of the best contemporary romantic suspense books I’ve ever read! Plus, th
Kahea
***5 ‘Inevitable’ Stars***

After meeting Sergei in Tempted and Taken I crossed my toes that we’d see more of him again and, as you can probably guess, I was all kinds of excited to hear that the toe crossing had paid off and couldn’t wait to get my hands on his book and it was everything I wanted and more. So. Much. More. It was all kinds of swoony, smexy and funny, add in a nice little mystery/suspense and a quite a few new characters I really want more of (as well as a getting a tinsy bit of time wit
Karen Roma
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Get ready readers! NOLA Nights is set to be an exhilarating, edge of your seat spin-off from the Men of Haven series if HIS TO DEFEND is anything to go by. Rhenna Morgan’s first book of this spin-off will draw readers into the seedy underworld of the Russian Mob and make you believe that under even the toughest and darkened exterior of a gangster, lies a soft heart reaching for the light.

Sergei Petrovyh is a man that no one should every willingly approach for a favour; born into a world where c
Donna
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I FREAKIN LOVE THIS BOOK!!! I sucked this one down in 24 hours! I just couldn’t put it down!!!

This is a Mafia Romance with some twist and turns and suspense thrown in. The love story between Evette and Sergei was so, so captivating!! The passion and intensity of their connection just pulled you in and left you sighing!

The way Sergei was so protective of Evette and her son, Emerson, was intense. No one hurts his family. Here he is a Russian Mafia Boss (or pakhan, in Russia
Lindsay
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimers: This review may contain spoilers. I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. This review is a bit of a stream of consciousness review.

Nola Knights is a spin-off to Rhenna Morgan's Men of Haven series. It is similar to MOH in that it is very character driven. I enjoyed this book. I liked Sergei and Evette. Although Sergei was a little different than how I expected him to be based on his brief appearance in Tempted and Taken. I thought he would be a colder, harsher man. The
Amanda
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sergei & Evette stoke my heart, and of course Emerson too :)

Like in Knox & Darya’s story where we first meet Sergei when he comes charging in, he charges into Evie’s life. (after she asks for help!) From there, our story really unfolds and the first book of the NOLA Knights was a huge success.

Rhenna’s writing and storytelling is simply unparalleled. I was sucked in from page one, and the suspense in this one kept me hooked.

It’s worth mentioning that I also already love Roma
Heather andrews
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sergei is quite a protective man, "he’d bet he could make her boss listen. And suffer. For a very long time." There are times I think Sergei enjoys driving his woman bananas, "he grinned. Actually freaking grinned. “I’m not circling anything, solnyshka. You are.” I liked this book, I loved Sergei.
Maria Rose
This one delivers pretty much what's promised in the blurb - a sexy mafia themed romance. It's definitely for fans of alpha male 'I protect my family at all costs' anti-hero types. Consent could have been stronger from the heroine, and I had an issue with the bad guy being slovenly and overweight as that's a form of subtle fat shaming. Otherwise the plot is interesting and I liked the strong heroine and her son. 3.5 stars and good odds I'll read the next in the series.

A copy of this story was p
Darcy
The more that this one went on the more that I liked it. I liked that Evie was pretty upbeat despite how crappy her life was, glad that when she hit a speed bump she took a chance and talked to Sergei. Sergei was interesting in that it seems like Evie was on his radar, but he was going to stay away, yet once he had an in he did what he could to keep Evie and Emerson safe, to give them their dreams. Even when Sergei was honest with Evie about what he was and his past Evie saw the good in him and ...more
Michaelene
Rhenna Morgan’s His to Defend is a spinoff series to the Haven Brotherhood. There was a lot that I loved about it, but there were also a few content warnings I would have liked. Nevertheless, new readers will fall in love with the overtone of brotherhood and the connection of family and previous readers can expect a protective mafia boss, a take-charge and take-no-prisoners single mother, and some action along the way.

Sergei is the big bad in the New Orleans neighborhood where Evette and h
Alina
Thanks to netgalley and Carina Press for the opportunity to read this book (ARC).

I love this kind of contemporary romance novel! You have a strong heroine and a genuinely good guy who likes the heroine and does not see her as an object.
The child of the heroine was quite advanced for his age, in terms of his level of maturity. I am pretty sure that was intentional but I prefer kids acting like actual children.
The story IS about Evie who is in dire circumstances financially and
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
Yes!! What a kick off to a new series! Although we met this hero in the Men of Haven series, you can read this on it's own. Sergei lives in a rough world but he tries to make things good for the down trodden. I loved his outlook on life, his willingness to defend his family and his secret soft spot he let show through to Evie. It made him swoon worthy.

Evie was such a strong character in her own right. Fiercely independent. She only wants what is best for her son. A Mama Bear ready to protect ag
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Can I say slam dunk! I thought I was in love with the men from the Haven series but once again Ms. Morgan has upped the ante with this new series. The men are just as rugged as my Haven characters and are proving to be just as alpha intense. The story grabs you and takes you along on a ride that will have you revisiting this story over again.
Latifa Morrisette
His To Defend is the first book in the NOLA Nights series. As soon as I read the blurb, I knew I had to read this book. Sergei is a for e to be reckoned with. So when single mom Evette comes to him asking for a job, he knows he can't turn her away. But when secrets of the past come out, Sergei will do anything to eliminate any threats. Rhenna knocked this book out of the park. I'm excited to see what's in store for this series.
Ruthie Taylor
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

4.5*s of dark and passionate romance

This is the first in a new series, but ties in beautifully with the Men of Haven. If you have read them, then you will enjoy catching up with some of the men and their loves as they support the events of this novel. You could read it fresh without any trouble at all - but when you meet the Haven men, I think you will be curious and go find out more!

Sergei is a man deep in a dark world, and making his a
Avid Reader
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
His to Defend (NOLA Knights #1) by Rhenna Morgan
4 stars
M/F Mafia romance
Triggers: Blackmail, rape, assault, murder
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Sergei is a Russian who has come to New Orleans to make his own way in the world. His "family" is loyal and fierce. When he wants something, he sets out to achieve it, no matter the cost. He likes doing business in the public eye, because it allows people of New Orleans to both fear and rev
« previous 1 3 next »
A native Oklahoman with two beautiful girls, Rhenna Morgan is a certified romance junkie and has a resume that reflects her passion for new experiences. Since graduating with a Bachelors in Radio, Television, and Film at Oklahoma State, she’s racked up positions ranging from on-air radio talent, skip tracer, and promotions director, to real estate agent, project manager, and business analyst.