Start by marking “The Third to Die (Quinn & Costa Thriller, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Third to Die (Quinn & Costa Thriller, #1)

The Third to Die

(Quinn & Costa aka Mobile Response Team #1)

An edgy female police detective... An ambitious FBI special agent. Together they are at the heart of the ticking-clock investigation for a psychopathic serial killer. The bond they forge in this crucible sets the stage for high-stakes suspense.

Detective Kara Quinn, on leave from the LAPD, is on an early morning jog in her hometown of Liberty Lake when she comes upon the bo
Published February 4th 2020 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about The Third to Die, please sign up.
Allison Brennan Yes! I think there will be one here soon ... but I will also be giving ARCs away on my website contest (starting Nov 1) and newsletter subscribers wil…moreYes! I think there will be one here soon ... but I will also be giving ARCs away on my website contest (starting Nov 1) and newsletter subscribers will have an extra chance to win an ARC! Visit my webpage Allison-Brennan.com (you can sign up for my newsletter there, and then on Nov 1 enter the contest -- which gives you two chances to win an ARC.) ... Sorry I just saw this question and am late in responding!(less)

Start your review of The Third to Die (Quinn & Costa Thriller, #1)
Luvtoread
Suspenseful Page Turner!

Kara Quinn is an undercover detective who is on a mandatory leave from her L.A.P.D. job so she is staying with her grandmother in Liberty Falls, Washington when she discovers a corpse while out for her morning run. Little does she know that the dead body will be the victim of a serial killer and a team of FBI agents will be arriving immediately and Kara will become involved with the team of agents against her better judgement and is now taking a working vacation and will
Kaceey
Jun 11, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
2.5*
This is book one of a new series. The Mobile Response Team is a newly developed division within the FBI. Before they can work out all the kinks, they’re rushed off to their first assignment. A suburb just outside Spokane, Washington where the infamous Triple Killer has struck again.

Though a new series, I felt all the characters were so fully developed that I was stepping into the middle of a series. Because this is my first read by this author, I’m not aware if any of these characters have
Mackey
That Ending!! It may not have been a cliffhanger but it definitely left me wanting more, now.... immediately. How soon can she write the next in this series!?!

Brennan is well known for her psychological thrillers so when I was offered an ARC for her newest book I jumped at the opportunity. The Third to Die is the first book in a new series by Brennan revolving around the FBI's Mobile Response Team. This newly formed segment of the FBI consists of highly specialized agents who are top in their fi
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

“Six months… Six months and the triplets start kindergarten.” She looked at her FitBit. “Five months, twenty-six days.”… Kara was still hung up on triplets. She’d definitely shoot herself. Or never have sex again.

Small town cop with a small town girlfriend and a small town life. Kara almost felt sorry for him. Like he still believed in Santa Claus and she was going to burst his bubble.

My Review:

This was quite a complicated and multifaceted tale with a full cast of compelling, int
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Intricate detail, loaded with action and suspense. Very long story!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are some books that just grip you right from the very beginning and never let up! This story is one of those.

This is the first time I have read this author and even though this is part of a series, I didn’t feel overly lost with the story. There were some references to other people, places, and things, however, it did not distract or detract from the story itself.

I just fell in love with Kara. She’s a bit
"Avonna
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

The Third to Die (Mobile Response Team Book #1) by Allison Brennan is the action packed first book of a new FBI thriller/romantic suspense series. This book grabs you from page one and does not let up.

LAPD Detective Kara Quinn is exceptional undercover, but there were some problems with her last case. She is put on leave for two weeks and returns to her hometown of Liberty Lake to spend time with her grandmother. While jogging, sh
♥Rachel♥
The Third to Die is the first in a new series by Allison Brennan, following the newly formed FBI Mobile Response Team, a team set up to help small towns with limited policing resources to solve complex crimes. Mathias Costa, the Special Agent in Charge lands the first case before he even has time to fully staff the team, but all that must be put on the back burner because this killer will murder two more people unless they catch him quickly.

Undercover Detective Kara Quinn is on a forced vacatio
Luvtoread
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Suspenseful Page Turner!

Kris - My Novelesque Life
RATING: 4.5 STARS
2020; Mira/Harlequin

The Third to Die is the first book in a new series by Allison Brennan. Even though I have not read all of Brennan's novels, I collect them as they come out to read when I need a guaranteed great read. I have fallen behind in the series so I was happy to see a new series come out that wasn't a spin-off from an already published book (or, at least I hope so). I am a fan of the romantic suspense genre as long the mystery is not secondary to the story. One thing
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
The Third to Die, the first book in The Mobile Response series, is a chilling tale about a smart, meticulous and twisted killer determined to get revenge against the people he believed wronged him. He would match wits with the members of the FBI’s newly formed Mobile Response Team and local law enforcement, who would find themselves in a race against time to capture him before he could execute his next target.

A riveting read which proved difficult to put down. The story started slow and took its
Robin Loves Reading
Forced to take at least a week's break from her job as a detective at the LAPD, Kara doesn't know how she can avoid complete boredom. She is itching to get back to work. Well, she has work, if not will full capacity however, when she happens upon a body of a woman while jogging.

At the same time, FBI special agent Mathias Costa is handpicking a new team called the Mobile Response Team. Called to the murder, Matt quickly realizes that the woman who found the body might end up being instrumental to
Lady Heather
4.5 ☆'s

As many of you know, I'm a huge suspense- thriller fan. It was initially one of the first genres I started reading adamantly when I started to read for pleasure and not for academic purposes.

I've recently discovered Allison Brennan's writing over the last couple of years, and I now look forward to her book releases because she usually delivers an interesting, engaging story.

"The Third to Die" is no exception.
This was an engaging, well written and wonderfully developed story.

The character
Laura Peden
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
A new procedural series with a mobile response team that feels a lot like Criminal Minds. I love that it’s not focused on one character in particular & we also get a killer POV. There’s nothing new or inventive about it but it just really worked for me. I want more & now I have to wait God knows how long for another installment. I listened via Scribd & thought the narration was perfect.
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Mystery / Thriller
*Rating* 3.5

*Thoughts*

The Third to Die is the first installment in author Allison Brennan's Mobile Response Team which is supposed to be a book a year series featuring recurring characters. The story takes place between March 3 & 14, in & around Liberty Lake, Washington. The main characters in this book are Los Angeles Detective Kara Quinn who has been an undercover cop for 12 years, and Special Agent in Charge Mathias Costa who leads the newly formed
Joelle Egan
Allison Brennan begins a new series on fairly strong footing with The Third to Die, a thriller with some interesting and complex characters that remain unique but occasionally dip into some tired tropes of the genre. The book begins from the point of view of a serial killer whose meticulous nature and disturbing psychology are immediately apparent as he is described cleaning up after his latest crime. Liberty Lake is a small Washington town, unused to such violence and the local law enforcement ...more
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Sometimes it's easy to say why a book didn't work for you and other times it's a number of small things and disconnects that keeps you putting down a book and never really connecting with the plot and characters.

It felt like it took forever to get through this one and I admit to some skim reading after the halfway point. I almost DNF'd and I almost 1 starred.

I really didn't care for either the female or male lead. Kara was way too overboard on working and not having down time. It felt like she w
Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
HOLY $&@?!

What a wild ride. I was fortunate to get an early copy for an honest review and let me tell you...I can’t wait for more in this series.

Detective Kara Quinn in a total badass, and so dang smart. She is described as edgy and that is a perfect word for her.

The cast of characters in this book are seriously awesome. I love FBI Mathias Costas, he is scary smart and a great leader. I cant wait to see where this series goes. I’m especially interested also in the forensic psychologist she has
Kat Dietrich

The Third to Die by Allison Brennan is the first in the Mobile Response Team series.

First, let me thank NetGalley, the publisher Harlequin-MIRA, and of course the author, for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Series Information:

Under Assistant Director Tony Greer,  Special Agent Mathias Costa runs the new Mobile Response Team at the FBI. The goal is to travel to locations which have minimal law enforcement and offer their assistance.
Shalini
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so, so good. I lived everything about it. It was the first book in the FBI investigative team, the Mobile Response Team with FBI Agent Mattias Costa at the helm.

A young woman was found murdered, an act of a serial killer that Matt had been searching for many years. He killed every three years on the 3rd, 6th, and 9th March. And he needed to be stopped STAT. That was the seventh murder. Cop Kara wjo had originally fond the victim soon became a part of the investigation along with p
Laura (Kyahgirl)
I had to abandon this at about 60%. It just seemed to keep going on and on and never really making much forward progress. I didn’t really connect with any of the characters and was bored by the story. This is the third time I’ve tried a book by this author and been disappointed so I guess she is just not for me.
Amanda McGill
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, netgallery
For full review - The Limit of Books Does Not Exist

The Third to Die is the first novel in a new series, which I am excited to read more! There was a lot of characters in this novel, but it mostly focused on Kara Quinn (undercover cop on “vacation”) and Mathias Costa who is leading the investigation. I liked both Kara and Costa, but wish that the novel focused solely on one main character. I didn’t know who the lead of the novel was.

I really enjoyed the mystery and the Triple Killer. This killer
Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
Sep 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
I have to say this book drug out way to long. It was a very long winded story. I had to struggle to finish it. It was my first book by Brennan, so I am not sure if all her books are like this. I will ty one more of her older books in the future and see.
I sadly gave this book 3 stars.
Mary
Apr 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Third to Die is the first book in Allison Brennan's new series. It was a good read but it took me a while to get into the book. AB is one of my favorite authors and I've read many of her books and really enjoyed them. I think it was more me than the book itself. There is a lot to absorb in the beginning of the story because of the many characters that are introduced. The main female and male characters are a bit hard to like at first but I warmed up to them. I did miss no Kincaids or Rogans ...more
Alyson Stone
Book: Third to Die
Author: Allison Brenan
Rating: 2 Out of 5 Stars

I would like to thank the publisher, Mira Books, for providing me with an ARC.

I do actually feel bad that I didn’t really like this book. It’s not like it’s a bad book or anything, but I just couldn’t get into it. It’s actually a pretty well done book, but there was just something about it that made it very difficult for me to actually connect with. As I was reading this, it kind of felt like I have read this story before. Normal
Diane
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Very good character development - little nibbles given, just enough to keep you guessing about the main characters and the nasty characters. Fairly fast paced, really looking forward to more books in this series!

4.5 stars and 2 thumbs up!

From the blurb: An edgy female police detective... An ambitious FBI special agent. Together they are at the heart of the ticking-clock investigation for a psychopathic serial killer. The bond they forge in this crucible sets the stage for high-s
Donna
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. In chapter 1, a serial killer enjoys his latest kill. He's killed many times before and cops have never even questioned him.

In Liberty Lake, Washington, Los Angeles Police Detective Kara Quinn is on paid administrative leave and visiting her grandmother. She's out jogging in the morning when she spots the body beside the lake.

FBI Special Agent in Charge Mathias Costa has been staffing his new Mobile Response Team. This will be the team's first case. The killer is called the Triple Kil
Tiffany PSquared
An absolute solid start to what could turn out to be an engaging series. The Third to Die has all the hallmarks that readers are looking for in great suspense thrillers - diabolical crimes, an elusive criminal with a deep-seated vendetta, and a team of detectives intent on keeping everyone alive.
Allison Brennan gives us characters who are almost instantly compelling - gritty backgrounds, lost loves, and personal flaws included. This is a series to watch/read for lovers of FBI crime dramas and pr
Barb (Boxermommyreads)
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Kara Quinn is on administrative leave and visiting her grandmother in Liberty Lake when she stumbles upon a dead body while jogging. Turns out the woman she found is the victim of The Triple Killer, a serial killer with a specific MO. Every three years, on March 3rd, a victim is killed. For the next 6 days, two more victims also fall prey and then the killer is silent for another three years.

Mathias Costa is busy heading up a new mobile FBI crime unit. He and his team will travel the US and ass
Barry
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was delighted to find that I thoroughly enjoyed The Third to Die as I read the first third or so of the book. Unfortunately, from that point on, it went seriously downhill. Since I am continually on the search for good authors whose work I have not yet read, my initial reaction was very positive but...

A serial killer has captured the attention of Matt Costa, an FBI agent who is forming a new unit that has all of the skills necessary for a comprehensive investigation and is ultra-mobile and, as

• The Family Upstairs
  • If You Tell: A True Story of Murder, Family Secrets, and the Unbreakable Bond of Sisterhood
  • Vendetta in Death (In Death, #49)
  • In the Darkness (Zoe Bentley Mystery, #2)
  • My Friend Anna: The True Story of a Fake Heiress
  • Dead Lock (DI Nick Dixon #8)
  • The Collectors (Camel Club, #2)
  • The Other Gloria
  • Bitter Falls (Stillhouse Lake #4)
  • Vendetta Road (Torpedo Ink, #3)
  • The Brightest of Dreams (Canadian Crossings, #3)
  • The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek
  • A Woman of No Importance: The Untold Story of the American Spy Who Helped Win World War II
  • Darling Rose Gold
  • Killing Season (Violet Darger #2)
  • Never Tell (Detective D.D. Warren #10)
  • Beard with Me (Winston Brothers, #6)
  • Vanishing Girls (Detective Josie Quinn, #1)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Allison Brennan believes that life is too short to be bored, so she had five children and writes three books a year.

40 books and numerous short stories later, Allison relocated in 2019 from Northern California to Arizona with her husband and two youngest children.

She currently writes the Lucy Kincaid/Sean Rogan thriller series, and launched the Quin

Quinn & Costa aka Mobile Response Team (2 books)
  • Tell No Lies (Quinn & Costa Thriller, #2)