Start by marking “The Third to Die (Mobile Response Team, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Third to Die (Mobile Response Team, #1)

The Third to Die

(Mobile Response Team #1)

An edgy female police detective...An ambitious FBI special agent. Together they are at the heart of the ticking-clock investigation for a psychopathic serial killer. The bond they forge in this crucible sets the stage for high-stakes suspense.

Detective Kara Quinn, on leave from the LAPD, is on an early morning jog in her hometown of Liberty Lake when she comes upon the
Published February 4th 2020 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about The Third to Die, please sign up.
Allison Brennan Yes! I think there will be one here soon ... but I will also be giving ARCs away on my website contest (starting Nov 1) and newsletter subscribers…moreYes! I think there will be one here soon ... but I will also be giving ARCs away on my website contest (starting Nov 1) and newsletter subscribers will have an extra chance to win an ARC! Visit my webpage Allison-Brennan.com (you can sign up for my newsletter there, and then on Nov 1 enter the contest -- which gives you two chances to win an ARC.) ... Sorry I just saw this question and am late in responding!(less)

Start your review of The Third to Die (Mobile Response Team, #1)
Luvtoread
Suspenseful Page Turner!

Kara Quinn is an undercover detective who is on a mandatory leave from her L.A.P.D. job so she is staying with her grandmother in Liberty Falls, Washington when she discovers a corpse while out for her morning run. Little does she know that the dead body will be the victim of a serial killer and a team of FBI agents will be arriving immediately and Kara will become involved with the team of agents against her better judgement and is now taking a working vacation and will
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

“Six months… Six months and the triplets start kindergarten.” She looked at her FitBit. “Five months, twenty-six days.”… Kara was still hung up on triplets. She’d definitely shoot herself. Or never have sex again.

Small town cop with a small town girlfriend and a small town life. Kara almost felt sorry for him. Like he still believed in Santa Claus and she was going to burst his bubble.

My Review:

This was quite a complicated and multifaceted tale with a full cast of compelling,
Mackey
That Ending!! It may not have been a cliffhanger but it definitely left me wanting more, now.... immediately. How soon can she write the next in this series!?!

Brennan is well known for her psychological thrillers so when I was offered an ARC for her newest book I jumped at the opportunity. The Third to Die is the first book in a new series by Brennan revolving around the FBI's Mobile Response Team. This newly formed segment of the FBI consists of highly specialized agents who are top in their
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Intricate detail, loaded with action and suspense. Very long story!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are some books that just grip you right from the very beginning and never let up! This story is one of those.

This is the first time I have read this author and even though this is part of a series, I didn’t feel overly lost with the story. There were some references to other people, places, and things, however, it did not distract or detract from the story itself.

I just fell in love with Kara. She’s a bit
"Avonna
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

The Third to Die (Mobile Response Team Book #1) by Allison Brennan is the action packed first book of a new FBI thriller/romantic suspense series. This book grabs you from page one and does not let up.

LAPD Detective Kara Quinn is exceptional undercover, but there were some problems with her last case. She is put on leave for two weeks and returns to her hometown of Liberty Lake to spend time with her grandmother. While jogging,
♥Rachel♥
The Third to Die is the first in a new series by Allison Brennan, following the newly formed FBI Mobile Response Team, a team set up to help small towns with limited policing resources to solve complex crimes. Mathias Costa, the Special Agent in Charge lands the first case before he even has time to fully staff the team, but all that must be put on the back burner because this killer will murder two more people unless they catch him quickly.

Undercover Detective Kara Quinn is on a forced
Luvtoread
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Suspenseful Page Turner!

Laura Peden
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hot damn this was good! A new procedural series with a mobile response team that feels a lot like Criminal Minds. I love that it’s not focused on one character in particular & we also get a killer POV. There’s nothing new or inventive about it but it just really worked for me. I want more & now I have to wait God knows how long for another installment. I listened via Scribd & thought the narration was perfect.
Lady Heather
4.5 's

As many of you know, I'm a huge suspense- thriller fan. It was initially one of the first genres I started reading adamantly when I started to read for pleasure and not for academic purposes.

I've recently discovered Allison Brennan's writing over the last couple of years, and I now look forward to her book releases because she usually delivers an interesting, engaging story.

"The Third to Die" is no exception.
This was an engaging, well written and wonderfully developed story.

The characters
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Mystery / Thriller
*Rating* 3.5

*Thoughts*

The Third to Die is the first installment in author Allison Brennan's Mobile Response Team which is supposed to be a book a year series featuring recurring characters. The story takes place between March 3 & 14, in & around Liberty Lake, Washington. The main characters in this book are Los Angeles Detective Kara Quinn who has been an undercover cop for 12 years, and Special Agent in Charge Mathias Costa who leads the newly
Robin Loves Reading
Forced to take at least a week's break from her job as a detective at the LAPD, Kara doesn't know how she can avoid complete boredom. She is itching to get back to work. Well, she has work, if not will full capacity however, when she happens upon a body of a woman while jogging.

At the same time, FBI special agent Mathias Costa is handpicking a new team called the Mobile Response Team. Called to the murder, Matt quickly realizes that the woman who found the body might end up being instrumental to
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
The Third to Die, the first book in The Mobile Response series, is a chilling tale about a smart, meticulous and twisted killer determined to get revenge against the people he believed wronged him. He would match wits with the members of the FBI’s newly formed Mobile Response Team and local law enforcement, who would find themselves in a race against time to capture him before he could execute his next target.

A riveting read which proved difficult to put down. The story started slow and took its
Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
HOLY $&@?!

What a wild ride. I was fortunate to get an early copy for an honest review and let me tell you...I can’t wait for more in this series.

Detective Kara Quinn in a total badass, and so dang smart. She is described as edgy and that is a perfect word for her.

The cast of characters in this book are seriously awesome. I love FBI Mathias Costas, he is scary smart and a great leader. I cant wait to see where this series goes. I’m especially interested also in the forensic psychologist she
Joelle Egan
Allison Brennan begins a new series on fairly strong footing with The Third to Die, a thriller with some interesting and complex characters that remain unique but occasionally dip into some tired tropes of the genre. The book begins from the point of view of a serial killer whose meticulous nature and disturbing psychology are immediately apparent as he is described cleaning up after his latest crime. Liberty Lake is a small Washington town, unused to such violence and the local law enforcement ...more
Shalini
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so, so good. I lived everything about it. It was the first book in the FBI investigative team, the Mobile Response Team with FBI Agent Mattias Costa at the helm.

A young woman was found murdered, an act of a serial killer that Matt had been searching for many years. He killed every three years on the 3rd, 6th, and 9th March. And he needed to be stopped STAT. That was the seventh murder. Cop Kara wjo had originally fond the victim soon became a part of the investigation along with
Kat Dietrich

The Third to Die by Allison Brennan is the first in the Mobile Response Team series.

First, let me thank NetGalley, the publisher Harlequin-MIRA, and of course the author, for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Series Information:

Under Assistant Director Tony Greer, Special Agent Mathias Costa runs the new Mobile Response Team at the FBI. The goal is to travel to locations which have minimal law enforcement and offer their assistance.
Amanda McGill
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgallery, 2020
For full review - The Limit of Books Does Not Exist

The Third to Die is the first novel in a new series, which I am excited to read more! There was a lot of characters in this novel, but it mostly focused on Kara Quinn (undercover cop on “vacation”) and Mathias Costa who is leading the investigation. I liked both Kara and Costa, but wish that the novel focused solely on one main character. I didn’t know who the lead of the novel was.

I really enjoyed the mystery and the Triple Killer. This killer
Barb (Boxermommyreads)
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Kara Quinn is on administrative leave and visiting her grandmother in Liberty Lake when she stumbles upon a dead body while jogging. Turns out the woman she found is the victim of The Triple Killer, a serial killer with a specific MO. Every three years, on March 3rd, a victim is killed. For the next 6 days, two more victims also fall prey and then the killer is silent for another three years.

Mathias Costa is busy heading up a new mobile FBI crime unit. He and his team will travel the US and
Tiffany PSquared
An absolute solid start to what could turn out to be an engaging series. The Third to Die has all the hallmarks that readers are looking for in great suspense thrillers - diabolical crimes, an elusive criminal with a deep-seated vendetta, and a team of detectives intent on keeping everyone alive.
Allison Brennan gives us characters who are almost instantly compelling - gritty backgrounds, lost loves, and personal flaws included. This is a series to watch/read for lovers of FBI crime dramas and
Sophia
A twisted, dark, and clever mind bent on revenge goes up against the combined minds of local law enforcement and the FBI's new Mobile Response Unit team in this new first in series by an author I have been meaning to try for some time.

Frustrated and restive LAPD undercover cop, Detective Kara Quinn, is on forced leave back in her home town in Eastern Washington and goes for an early morning job to shake off some of her edginess when she comes across a horrific scene. She knows just what she's
Kristina
The Third to Die by Allison Brennan is the first book in the Mobile Response Team series. I like how the story begins from the point-of-view of the killer. The POV switches throughout the book between the killer, Matt Costa, Kara Quinn and Catherine Jones. There is an extensive cast of characters in this mystery. We get introduced to Matt’s team, officers involved in Liberty Lake, Kara’s boss, Matt’s boss, town citizens and officers in Spokane. It was a little overwhelming at times. I like that ...more
Alyson Stone
Book: Third to Die
Author: Allison Brenan
Rating: 2 Out of 5 Stars

I would like to thank the publisher, Mira Books, for providing me with an ARC.

I do actually feel bad that I didn’t really like this book. It’s not like it’s a bad book or anything, but I just couldn’t get into it. It’s actually a pretty well done book, but there was just something about it that made it very difficult for me to actually connect with. As I was reading this, it kind of felt like I have read this story before.
Janet
When a super-speed reader doesn't have a car for a month due to a predatory car insurance industry, you can get a LOT of reading done!!

From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do .

An edgy female police detective…

An ambitious FBI special agent…

Together they are at the heart of the ticking-clock
Paige Green
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher! Thanks! All opinions are my own.

Book: The Third to Die

Author: Allison Brennan

Book Series: Mobile Response Team Book 1

Rating: 4.5/5

Publication Date: February 4, 2020

Publisher: MIRA

Recommended Age: 17+ (violence, gore, some adult moments)

Synopsis: An edgy female police detective…An ambitious FBI special agent. Together they are at the heart of the ticking-clock investigation for a psychopathic serial killer. The bond they forge in this crucible
Darcia Helle
The Third to Die is the first book in a promising new series that reads like a police procedural with a smattering of suspense.

The lead characters are complex and interesting, though several also fall into the overused lane of past trauma causing them to become emotionally unavailable. Sometimes I feel like every cop out there has suffered unimaginable personal tragedy. I like that Kara is the wildcard, hard to pin down and more likely to go rogue, while Matt is the law and order type.

Early on,
Darcy
This author is an auto read for me, so I didn’t realize that this book starts a new series for her. It threw me a bit at first because I kept waiting for a Kincaid/Rogan to show up, lol, but when I realized it was a new series I was quickly drawn in. I liked the idea of a Mobile Response Team and how they can quickly get to an area and focus on the crime. With the crime in this book it seemed more tense, more on deadline because the killer had a short few days where he killed. I thought that the ...more
Annarella
Jan 30, 2020 rated it liked it
I wanted to liked this book but I couldn't connect to the characters and the MC grated on my nerves. It's well written but it's not my cup of tea.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Toni
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars

This is the first book in the Mobile Response Team series by Allison Brennan.

What a fantastic beginning to a series. This was an intense one! I really enjoyed the main characters Matt, Kara and the beginnings of the Mobile Response Team. Plus, they already have a great foil in the guise of a good guy, Thornton as the book moves into series mode.

As you read along you can almost tell who is going to be the red shirt in this novel. (Red Shirt is a Star Trek reference as to those people who
Margo Kelly
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Third to Die by Allison Brennan is a page-turner!

With a balanced cast of characters, a fascinating plot, and interesting locale, Third to Die provides all the best elements of a terrific FBI mystery.

If you're a fan of police-procedural novels and/or a fan of the TV show Criminal Minds, you'll love Brennan's latest novel. This is the first book I've read by her, and now I'm a forever-fan!

The story is based on a "Mobile Response Team, a new squad of the FBI" which will aid small towns and
Christine
While on a forced administrative leave, LAPD Detective Kara Quinn returns home to visit her grandmother in Liberty Lake, Washington. While out for a run, Kara discovers a dead body. It becomes clear the young woman is the latest victim of a serial killer known as the “Triple Killer”. A newly formed FBI Mobile Response Team led by Special Agent Matt Costa is assigned to the case. Kara offers her detecting skills to help the FBI and sparks fly between she and Matt. The team is racing against the ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• When You See Me (Detective D.D. Warren, #11; Gardner Universe, #20)
  • First Cut (Jessie Teska, #1)
  • The Intended Victim (The Agency #4)
  • An Everyday Hero (Heart of a Hero #2)
  • Witness Protection Widow
  • Golden in Death (In Death, #50)
  • Hindsight (Kendra Michaels, #7)
  • The Kill Club
  • The Look-Alike
  • The Last Sister (Columbia River, #1)
  • Good Girls Lie
  • Risk It All (Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters #2)
  • Don't Read the Comments
  • All the Best Lies (Ellery Hathaway #3)
  • Sisters by Choice (Blackberry Island, #4)
  • The Vanishing (Fogg Lake #1)
  • Haven't They Grown
  • The Family Upstairs
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Allison Brennan believes that life is too short to be bored, so she had five children and writes three books a year.

Allison has penned more than three dozen thrillers and many short stories. RT Book Reviews calls Allison “a master of suspense” and her books “haunting,” “mesmerizing,” “pulse-pounding” and “emotionally complex.” RT also said that "The