Start by marking “Children of the Blessing (The Lemurian Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
Children of the Blessing (The Lemurian Chronicles #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Children of the Blessing (The Lemurian Chronicles #1)

A coming of age story set in a world where kings are the puppets of trapped demons and demigods influence events from their hidden city. Children of the Blessing is the first book in the Lemurian Chronicles, an epic fantasy series, and is perfect for fans of Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson, Raymond E. Feist and other great fantasy authors.

Long before the world of man, dem
Paperback, 7th Edition, 606 pages
Published May 18th 2019 by Independently Published (first published June 4th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Children of the Blessing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Children of the Blessing

Start your review of Children of the Blessing (The Lemurian Chronicles #1)
Jeff Davault
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This is a very solid book, good fantasy if you don't mind a prophecy driven story. One nice thing about this book over some others, is the fact that those thought to be the subject of the prophecy actually sort of know it, rather than it being something just thrust upon them totally by surprise, not that knowing it makes life any easier for them.

For those concerned with grammar and spelling, the author did a pretty good job cleaning the book up prior to publication, though there is one instance
Nathalia
Meh. The book wasn't bad, but it wasn't amazing either.

I liked the story and the characters design BUT the narration was a bit too sketchy (it needs a good editor who could get rid of unnecessary explanations, weird sentences and just fix the details).

I KNOW this is an independent book (like mines) but it just doesn't look professional enough on the inside. It's like... if I see this book on the store and opened it, I just wouldn't buy it cos it looks wrong.

My grammar is a bit off cos I'm not a
Majanka
Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/book-tou...

In typical fantasy fashion, two young boys’ birth set forth an ancient prophecy in The Children of the Blessing. Renn and Avaris are vastly different, the first wanting to be a farmer and the second a warrior, but their lives will forever be determined by fate and destiny rather than ther own choices. Magic and terrifying creatures rip their homes apart. Renn needs to cross a continent to receive training from the Lor
Louis
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Superb

The Children of The Blessing is a great book. I've read many books on my Kindle and I can definitely say this is one of the best. Also it's quite long (but not in a bad way). Which I was pleased to learn because I burn through on average a book a day, so it was nice to get almost 3 days out of this one. I recommend this book to anyone who is interested in fantasy and even those who aren't typically fantasy enthusiasts.
Steve Rodgers
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Children of the Blessing is a book that will pull you in and make you stay up nights reading. The storylines of the two main characters (Renn and Avaris) are great, and actually, all the major characters are well fleshed out. Although we are presented with many of the classic fantasy tropes, everything still feels fresh, and I found myself turning the Kindle page regularly without skipping a beat. One thing I love is that this book paints the setting of every scene—you always know where you are, ...more
Candice
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first book in ISO, came across it via a FB ad of all things, a pleasant surprise of a read. Little wordy with the descriptions, but I enjoyed the characters and their development. 😊
Bookish Indulgenges with b00k r3vi3ws
Meet Renn – a simple boy who wants to be a farmer and Avaris – who wants to be a warrior. They are as different as two boys can be. They have never met each other nor have anything in common except for the fact that they are the Children of the Blessing. Each of them was marked by the Gods and their birth had put things into motion for what a Prophecy that could change life as they know it in the world of Lemuria. When push comes to shove, Renn sets out for the safety of Elder Island and Avaris ...more
Louise
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this immensely. The characters are well rounded, even though the cast is huge. It reminds me of Fiest more than anything, although it has flavours of Tolkien and a few others. Definitely worth the read.
Desiree Theunissen
I found the story interesting and enjoyable as well as easy to follow. The story was well thought of and the book was a page turner for me. I could not wait to find out what would happen next. I wish the follow up were available already.
Amanda Kern
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Engrossed me from the start

I really liked this book. I hope the next one comes out soon. This wax n my recommendations list from Amazon. It leaves me at a bit of a cliff hanger. I would like to know what happens next to the chosen ones.
Vicki Pearson Lundgreen
Amazing Story, Great Read!
Cori Nichols
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I am wondering what took me so long to read this book. I have always loved fantasy books. When they are more then one book it is even better. The world building is beautifully you can almost smell and feel the world they are in. The people in the story are written so lovely that while you are reading about them you feel their joys and pains.
This book pulls you right in from the beginning with two children being blessed by the gods. It is a spectacular way. It follows them through there growing
Brian McEachern
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Blessing is a Blessing

This book ranks right up there with The Lord of the Rings and quite a few others. Definitely a page turned with lots of awesome characters with awesome powers. It is definitely worth reading and passing on to others. Hoping that there are lots of boo to this series.
Kristie Clarkson
Excellent and engrossing read!

Wonderful storytelling! The only time I put it down is when I fell asleep reading! I can hardly wait to read the next one!
Elaine Phinney
Okay read

Would have been better without the two typos. Meat should’ve replaced meet and one more that I may go back to find or not
Mr. G. W. F. Hogg
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Fantasy

Good first book in hopefully a series. No real surprises but eminently enjoyable. Look forward to the next in what could be a series.
Debra
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed

I was surprised by this book. There were times when I thought it was to worry and could use a little less description of the land. I actually skipped over a few lines just to get to more of the story. But even so I give it high marks. It held my internet and I will read the next in the series. Good read.
Dave Neuendorf
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
As often happens, this book would benefit greatly from a proofreading/editing pass. The main problem here is misused words.

I think the author relied too much on stupid mistakes of the main characters to move the plot along. Otherwise, I got to know the characters pretty well, and the plot had enough changes in direction to make it interesting.

The magic system is not explained well, but that is typical of plots where the source of the magic is some kind of divine gift.

I didn't care for the dualis
Erica
Nov 27, 2020
Jen Caton
Oct 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Menacing Misfits (Darkthorn Academy, #1)
  • The Legend of the Kestrel (The Sylvan Chronicles, #1)
  • The Call of the Sylvana (The Sylvan Chronicles, #2)
  • Arcane (The Arinthian Line #1)
  • Tribute at the Gates: An Epic Fantasy Saga (Catalyst Book 1)
  • Ghost in the Talisman (Ghost Night Book 8)
  • Soul Bonds (Circles of Light)
  • Supermage (Rise to Omniscience, #1)
  • Ghost in the Vision (Ghost Night #7)
  • The Banner of the Broken Orc (The Call of the Darkness Saga, #1)
  • The Crafter's Son (The Crafter Chronicles, #1)
  • Starbreak (Rise to Omniscience, #2)
  • A Sellsword's Compassion (The Seven Virtues #1)
  • Skyflare (Rise To Omniscience, #3)
  • Assassin Down (Jay Sullivan Thrillers #1)
  • The Bars That Hold Me (Jay Sullivan Thrillers Book 3)
  • Battleborne
  • Rogue Dungeon (The Rogue Dungeon #1)
Perry was born and raised in the greater Salt Lake City, Utah area. He is very happily married and has seven wonderful children and two grand-children.

Perry's first exposure to the great world of fantasy literature was, of course, J.R.R Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, when he was fourteen. After that, he read the books of Patricia McKillap, Terry Brooks, David Eddings, Stephen R. Donaldson