Start by marking “Lucky Break (Clean Slate Ranch, #4)” as Want to Read:
Lucky Break (Clean Slate Ranch, #4)

Lucky Break

(Clean Slate Ranch #4)

Welcome to Clean Slate Ranch: home of tight jeans, cowboy boots and rough trails. For some men, it’s a fantasy come true.

Shawn Matthews never imagined he’d be living out of his car, trying to make ends meet, but life doesn’t always go your way—he knows that better than most. When an accident leaves the Clean Slate Ranch shorthanded, Shawn is enlisted to help cook and finds
ebook
Expected publication: October 21st 2019 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Lucky Break, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucky Break

Cadiva
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really like the setting of AM Arthur's Clean Slate Ranch series, the found families and friendships between the men and women involved are joyous to behold.

The series has been mostly a hit for me and this fourth book is no exception to the rule. However, I also found both of the characters frustrating at times and I simply couldn't understand why Robin had such a sticking point over telling people how his husband had died.

I mean, I totally got the trauma of his husband's death, the guilt over
Erika
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Netgalley for the complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

This is my first A.M. Arthur book, but it certainly won't be my last. I love the sense of community she created with the Ranch and I'll definitely be downloading the previous books in the series to learn the stories of how the rest of the couples got together.

I loved how Shawn and Robin's relationship grew slowly over time. They both had some hard things happen to them in their pasts and it felt realistic how slowly
S
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
I had a very difficult time getting into this book, and I suspect that I am not the target demographic. I did like how patient Robin was with Shawn, and I liked the reality presented of Shawn living on the economic edge.

I found it quite difficult to tell the secondary characters apart; they all seemed to have the same personality, they were all partnered and emotionally healthy relationships, they were all very emotionally expressive. I couldn't keep all of the names apart. Another reviewer use
Charlotte
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: didn-t-finish
I had mixed feelings about this book. I really liked the main character, Shawn. He was a lovely guy who had been through a hell of a lot. One of the biggest challenges I had with the story was that nearly everyone was gay! I refer to these kinds of books as "Gay Disneyland'. When most of the ranch hands turned out to be gay and all partnered in healthy relationships ... I began to find it difficult to suspend my disblief.

I also had trouble with the fact that every character in the novel was open
Angelique
Sep 06, 2019 rated it liked it
It is well written by a talented author,but for me it did not do much.
The setting is not real,the story is told before by others and not really much of a surprise.
It is nice,low on angst,drama or even steam.It is a nice lovely story in second chances
and believe again in yourself,and taking a chance in friendship,trust and even love again.
A sweet story,well written and enjoyable.

arc was given by netgalley
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lucky Break was my first book by A.M. Arthur and I loved it. Shawn and Robin were so real and amazing together. I loved the story and the writing. I really want to read the first 3 books now and certainly the next one!
Lori Jean
Mrsgeo
Aug 05, 2019
Gustaf Mtz Amador
Aug 08, 2019
No stranger to the writing world, A.M. Arthur has been creating stories in her head since she was a child and scribbling them down nearly as long. She credits an early fascination with male friendships (bromance wasn't a thing yet) with her later discovery of and subsequent affair with m/m romance stories. When not writing, she can be found in her kitchen, pretending she's an amateur chef and tryi ...more

Clean Slate Ranch (4 books)
  • Wild Trail (Clean Slate Ranch, #1)
  • Roped In (Clean Slate Ranch #2)
  • Saddle Up (Clean Slate Ranch, #3)