Start by marking “The Tip-Off (Smart Jocks, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Tip-Off (Smart Jocks, #3)

The Tip-Off

(Smart Jocks #3)

I’ve spent years hiding in the shadows.

He’s spent his whole life chasing the bright lights of the NBA.

We have nothing in common, except for the fact our friends ditched us for spring break.

I have a bucket list for my senior year at Valley U.

He’s the only person I know on campus.

I’m ready to start checking things off my list.

Frat party: Check.
TP the baseball
Published July 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Tip-Off, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tip-Off

Start your review of The Tip-Off (Smart Jocks, #3)
Claire Robinson
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "You were not part of the plan..." Stars!

I was absolutely bowled over with reading enjoyment from the first two books of the Smart Jocks series, so finding out that, the quiet, solitary and relatively unknown hotness that is Zeke was up next in The Tip-Off made me all sorts of happy.

Being with Gabby is like wearing my headphones except instead of music drowning out the noise, it’s her making everything else fade to the background…

Gabby is someone we have gotten to know as a secondary
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Wildfire Marketing Solutions)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Gabby is a 21 yr. old junior in college who has just moved to Valley to attend Valley U. Due to circumstances she’s been a bit sheltered the last few years, so she’s thrilled to now be at Valley University where she can be with her best friend Blair, and have the true college experience she’s been missing out on. She’s even created a college bucket list to guide her way.

Zeke Sweets is graduating in less than two months. He’s so close to
Jen
4 Goat Yoga Stars

It’s finally Gabby’s time to have her college experience. For the last several years, she’s basically been living as a shut in while she comes to terms with her new reality. Once beautiful and popular, a car accident her senior year of high school has left her with scars, both visible and internal, she’s still trying to come to terms with. Now a few years later, with the encouragement of her bestie Blair, Gabby’s going to make up for lost time. And she has a list.

From the time
Syndi
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is absolute delight for me. When it comes to romance, the hero is usually portrays in such a way that he is the nan whore and alpha male. Now Miss Jenshak gives us a hero with a brain.

In Tipp Off, meet Zeke. Now he is a fine hero. A perfect example of star athelete. All of his life, he sets his goal only in achieving his big dream as NBA player. Others just background noise. Until Gabby collides with his world. What a start as an awkward blind dating, it turns into so much more.

XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Audiobook review. Zeke intrigued me from the get go with his quiet and focused presence. In earlier books in the series, he came across as someone who had little to say but when he did speak up, you listened.

Gaby was interesting to me but for another reason. I wanted to see the beautiful girl who was scarred in an accident come out of her shell.

I enjoyed how Zeke and Gaby developed their spark. The interest was there but it was nurtured carefully into becoming a tender and eventually
Melanie (mells_view)
“You were not part of the plan, Zeke Sweets.”

If you’re looking for slow burn, low angst, sweet as sugar, college sports romance, then look no further because Rebecca Jenshak has provided the goods in The Tip-Off.

Gabby and Zeke are characters that were around in books one and two of the series. Although you get to know them a bit there, you do not need to read those books to understand this story. (I do recommend both books though, because they are good!) Their story is actually a pretty easy
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead,2.5* rounded up because that cover is gorgeous as hell!

The cover of this book is what prompted me to give this series a try, I just couldn't resist all that yummy chocolatey goodness........sadly the book didn't deliver what I hoped it would

Gabby is the best friend of book 1's h, as a teen she was in an accident that left her with facial scars. Her self confidence suffered greatly and so she started her college career with online classes while her best friend went to campus.
Carmen Rae
Ok so Rebecca was a new to me author three days ago. I kept seeing her books and thinking they sounded like my kind of stories but I never got around to them. Then I grabbed The Assist on KU and binged the entire series.

The tip off has been my absolute favorite. I knew I was going to love Zeke, he had the whole dark and brooding thing going and I was a little in love with him from the start. I loved that he gave his all to making his dream come true.

But I loved him even more once he started
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019

4.5 Stars

‘One thing I hate more than gawking – the pity. As if my life were defined by my face. As if my life were defined by my face. As if I’m somehow less than because I’m not perfect. As if they’re better than me because they wear their scars on the inside.’

We absolutely love this college sports romance series. Every book so far has been a winner for us and we just knew Zeke and Gabby’s book was going to be super special! Whilst each book can be read as a standalone we highly recommend a
-  Michelle Claypot_Reads
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: na-ya-college, sports
Seriously adored this book!!! I binged it one late night session staying up til almost 3am to get my hard fought HEA. My favourite of the series so far - soooooo good!

Zeke has been a favourite since book one. I'm a sucker for the quiet, determined guy. I don't need my heroes to be alpha in an obvious way - I'm much more intrigued by the hard working, seemingly closed off characters. It didn't hurt he was all kinds of delicious. And Gabby - well she's my kind of romance heroine. Not your cookie
Annabelle Anders
Shelves: feel-good-read
Gotta love when the sweet underdog girl manages to capture the hottest cool guy's heart. Fast, fun read with tons of heart. I loved this series before but I think this book is my favorite so far. And already, I'm thinking... What about Nate?
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing

TotallyBooked has an EXCLUSIVE excerpt for The Tip-Off on their blog today! Stop by to check it out... I am DYING for this book!!!!

book bruin
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Audiobook Review

Overall 4.5 stars
Performance 4.5 stars
Story 4 stars

This was such a sweet, slow burn sports romance! I have been waiting to get inside the mind of quiet Zeke Sweets from the start of this series and I couldn't have been happier to see the sparks fly between him and Gabby. They couldn't have been more perfectly paired. Both have scars (emotionally and physically), but I loved how they each supported and brought strength to the other. They really helped the other grow and be better.
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4 Stars / 2 Steam Fans

I received this book from the PR Company to review the audiobook. Of course I went into the story blind with the exception of looking at the cover to know that the story is a sports romance. Zek is a basketball star waiting to get picked up in the draft. Gabby is the unattached friend of the group that has been sheltered since an almost fatal accident. Zek and Gabby start to hang out and find that they balance each other in a special way. Being that this is the third book
~Stéphanie's Journal~
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Tip-off was pure bliss and perfection wrapped in one beautiful love story! Gabby and Zeke were the cutest couple ever! I've been patiently waiting for their story for a few weeks and I'm over the moon.

I always like a good alpha man but after that I'm a sucker for brooding mysterious guy.
Well it turns out Zeke is not really brooding, he's just super focus on his goal. His life is centered around basket ball and becoming a NBA player is his dream.

Gabby is a young lady full of energy who's
nikki
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“If you think that your scars make me want you any less, you’re wrong. I want you because of them. I want you because you’re here and you’ve made me feel more alive in the past month than I have my entire life. You lived and you brought me to life.”

OH. MY. DAYS...

You guys have no idea how badly I’ve been wanting Zeke and Gabbys book; from book one I loved Zeke. He was mysterious, the strong silent type, and I just couldn’t wait to find out what made Mister Sweets tick.
Let me start by saying, I
Book Snob Sue
So many stars. I have been anxiously waiting for this book and it did not disappoint….like at all. It was everything and so much more. This is my favorite couple in this series, I honestly don’t think anyone could possibly top these two for the favorite spot, they were just perfect together. These two were absolutely everything, total relationship goals. Melted my heart. And I love me some Zeke, definitely calling dibs, double dibs, on him for sure. He was so perfect and perfect for Gabby in so ...more
Book Fanatic
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Zeke and Gabby finally get their story and let me tell you it is as sweet as Mr Sweets himself.

Zeke Sweets has one goal in mind, which is to be drafted for the NBA. It's all he's been working towards, however what he doesn't expect is Gabby to come in his way.

Gabby is a bubbly, live in the moment gal. After being in a car accident that left her with visible scars she does whatever she can to hide up but still try to live.

Her moving to Valley U with her bestie, Blair (who's story you can read
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Finally!! I was waiting for this one :))
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it

4.5 Stars

Rebecca
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Tip-Off was my first read by Rebecca Jenshak; I had been seeing her name and the different titles of her sports romance series all over social media and because I’m such a sport romance junkie, I knew signing up to listen/review the audio version of Gabby and Zeke’s story was a perfect way to be introduced to this new-to-me author.

Even though I headed into the third book of the Sports Jock series without reading the previous two stories, the fact that they are standalones about different
ItaPixie
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars

The Tip-Off was an amazing read.
The anticipation almost killed me and when I had a copy of this book in my hands I forgot everything else in order to enjoy Rebecca Jenshak's every single word.

I loved Gabby and Zeke's story.They are great characters and I've been rooting for their happiness from the start.
Gabby's just arrived at campus and she can't wait for her classes to start so she can finally have the full college experience after years spent taking on line courses.But she doesn't want to

Anna Doe
From the moment I met him I knew Zeke will be my favorite and he DID. NOT. DISAPPOINT!

Gabby and Zeke are the cutest, most perfect match there is. I loved every second of their story. It was amazing watching them help each other grow as individuals, forming a friendship that after a while turned into something way bigger then either of them expected to find.

The Tip-Off is sweet, funny, sexy NA sports romance you do not want to miss out on!

Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
If you're a fan of Elle Kennedy and Kristen Callihan, then you NEED to be reading Rebecca Jenshak. I'm late to the party too but I've just binged all three books in this series and I am IN LOVE. College sports romances are my jam... throw in solid writing and characters with both depth and captivating personalities and you've got me completely ensnared. Well that sums up Jenshak's series in a nutshell and I'm officially addicted.

The Tip-Off follows Zeke and Gabby and HOLY MOLY did these two
it.sgottabethebooks
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been waiting for Zeke and Gabby’s story. Rebecca Jenshak took this book and brought this series to a whole new level of amazing. She had Zeke and Gabby playing a pick up game of chill to a full out game of love. Gah, the sweetness had me feeling all sorts of happy.

Both had won the tip-off at some point in the book. It wasn’t a one sided game as both Zeke and Gabby played their heart out. When it went from friendship and attraction to love and affection my heart burst for them. Their game
michelle Shelly
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My two favorite things, books and basketball! What a great read. I’ve waited for this one. I couldn’t wait for Gabby to get her story and Zeke, well it’s hot in here.

These two are absolutely wonderful. She’s funny, sweet and beautiful. He likes to stay to himself and chasing a dream and I love seeing him get it and so much more.

I have fallen in love with this series and can not get enough. So excited to see where we go next with Nathan. Love it!
booksiflove
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my, what a great story about Gabby and Zeke aka Zebby!

I love these 2, they are perfect for each other. Gabby is still shy, a little inexperienced in almost everything because being secluded for the last 4 years, after her accident left her with scars. Visible scars.

Zeke is so good to her, with her. Showing and telling her, that she’s beautiful, inside and out...

So they starting something casual, after becoming friends. It’s a sweet slow burn.

I love the whole story, the series, the group of
Jessica Cox
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am obsessed with these books, This is the third in the Smart Jocks series. Zeke has been in all three books he is the quiet one. He rarely says anything and is so focused on basketball everything else fades away. Gabby is outgoing, fun and just a bubble of fun. She is dealing with wanting to experience everything that college students do that she missed out on, due to her being in a horrible car accident that left her scared on most of her body. She decides that Zeke is going to be her partner ...more
Kim
The Tip-Off

Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

As soon as everything went down with Gabby in the beginning of The Assist, I knew I needed her book. I mean, I even skipped the second book in the series — something I hardly ever do — because I was so anxious to see her get her happily ever after. The Tip-Off would've been totally worth the wait, but I'm still not sorry I skipped ahead. (I do have every intention of reading book two, just so I can put all the pieces together.)

Gabby was a great
Angie
One thing I hate more than gawking--the pity. As if my life were defined by my face. As if I'm somehow less than because I'm not perfect. As if they're better than me because they wear their scars on the inside. And I flipping hate that I feel like they might be right.

5+ Zebby stars!!

Oh my Cliff. Every time I read another book in this series, I question whether Rebecca can make me love another book/couple more than her previous novel, and every single time she proves me wrong. This novel was
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Jock Road (Jock Hard, #3)
  • I Hate You
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • The Dugout
  • ICED (Boston Terriers Hockey #2)
  • Hate the Game (Love Games #1)
  • Just Playin'
  • CHECKED (Boston Terriers Hockey #1)
  • The Penalty Box (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #3)
  • Dirty Player: A Fake Relationship Sports Romance
  • Switch Bidder (Jock Hard #2.5)
  • The Locker Room
  • Axel (Carolina Reapers #1)
  • All the Way (Hot Jocks, #2)
  • Puck Me Secretly (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #1)
  • The Hardest Hit
  • Sawyer (Carolina Reapers #2)
  • Trying to Score (Hot Jocks, #3)
Rebecca Jenshak is a self-proclaimed margarita addict, college basketball fanatic, and Hallmark channel devotee. A Midwest native transplanted to the desert, she likes being outdoors (drinking on patios) and singing (in the shower) when she isn't writing books about hot guys and the girls who love them.
Sign up for her newsletter for FREE STUFF: https://www.subscribepage.com/rebecca...

Amazon:

Smart Jocks (4 books)
  • The Assist (Smart Jocks, #1)
  • The Fadeaway (Smart Jocks, #2)
  • The Fake (Smart Jocks #4)