Start by marking “Alma Underwood Is Not A Kleptomaniac” as Want to Read:
Alma Underwood Is Not A Kleptomaniac

Alma Underwood Is Not A Kleptomaniac

Alma Underwood is NOT a kleptomaniac.
But she does take things that don’t belong to her.

The best part about working as a maid in her parent’s motel is pocketing all the random objects people leave behind. From old ticket stubs to the glue that comes with a toupee, Alma has discovered it all and stored it in a tub beneath her bed.

Her greatest treasure isn’t what she found
Published September 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Alma Underwood Is Not A Kleptomaniac, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alma Underwood Is Not A Kleptomaniac

Start your review of Alma Underwood Is Not A Kleptomaniac
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
description  DEAD...that is it. Just...DEAD. I have mad love for this author. She writes sweet YA books like no one I have read before. This book was AMAZING. Every single character in this book was fantastic. The writing was out of this world. The plot was excellent. Humorous. Sweet. Romantic. Heartbreaking. Honestly, I don't really have much more to say about it other than you'd be a fool to pass it up.

description

description BLOG | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | BOOKBUB

TMR
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 17/18
Note: An ARC was given generously in exchange for an honest review.

PS: The dates are a bit weird because I was sorting through my library books at the time as well. That's how I got to the cruel prince after all, haha.

...................................................

Alma Underwood IS INDEED A KLEPTOMANIAC. She needs to stop lying to herself.

The story is interesting. A girl finding a guy in one of her most favorite items found, a train set. And so she plans on keeping him, since no one has fou
Nikki J
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg, Lacey Dailey totally had me hooked with this book. Tiny violins, butterfly kisses and all. The characters were ‘Ace’. I loved the Underwoods & their family meetings/ hogwarts themes. I couldn’t put it down. So sweet & beautifully written, I’d recommended this to anyone. Great job & a well deserved 5 stars! ...more
Stephanie Fitzgerald

My Recommendation
This was one of the best Y.A. books I have ever read! The storyline of a homeless teenage boy, searching for his long-lost mother while grieving for his recently deceased father, and the people he encounters that help him on his quest, was beautifully heart-wrenching.
I would recommend this for more mature Y.A. readers because of some the subject matter, and because of the strong language used. Overall, this is one that I will be reviewing favorably on Goodreads, and will be b
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
4.5/5 Stars

Disclaimer: I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

There are hardly words to describe the array of emotions this book has evoked inside me. This is such a heartwarming story that will leave you hearing tiny violins.

I think that what I love most about this book is the way that it effortlessly combines emotions. You will be feeling so much when you read this at all of the appropriate times. The blending of emotions
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
This is such a refreshing read, YA characters that feel real, are fully relatable And it’s full of representation. The story itself is a delight to read, it will have you rolling on the floor, but in tears at times, it’s definitely an emotional rollercoaster but in the best way, you feel like you’ve been on a journey with this book. This story has a little romance, but the main and important focus is on friendship and the important relationships you have in life. In no way a light read, but it’s ...more
Sandra
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.7/5
I was looking for a light and fun read and that's what exactly I got.
I don't know if Alma can be called a kleptomaniac. She doesn't steal from people. She takes the things that are left behind or broken and keep them as lost treasures. And maybe that nature of her made Alma to take a homeless teen - Rumor- she found in a train car - giving him a home just like she did for all her lost treasures. And in turn Rumor is looking for a treasure of his own.
I really liked the story and the characte
Andrea
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tiny violins. All over. I am madly in love with Lacey Dailey’s writing. The time, the effort, and the LOVE she puts into each character just slays me. I’m in awe. Every book she writes makes me feel ooey gooey inside. ALL THE TINY VIOLINS. ALL THE BUTTERFLY KISSES. And this book, oh my goodness, I never wanted it to end. I wasn’t ready to leave Flat Rock. I’m still not ready. Alma Underwood is one of my favorite heroines. Her heart is the size of Michigan. She is so beautiful and odd in the best ...more
Maria
Apr 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: amp, netgalley, young
Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review
A sweet tale of young love, with two refreshing main characters and a group of original and cute side characters “Alma Underwood is Not a Kleptomaniac”, by Lacey Dailey (Netgalley Connect), is also a story about loss, adversity and despair, hope and human kindness towards strangers.
Rumor is a young wounded hero, very much adapted to his disability. I liked that the drama in the story had nothing to do with his condition, which was real
Candyce Kirk
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I read the synopsis, I knew this was going to be like something I've never read before. Alma Underwood is Not a Kleptomaniac hit me in all the feels. This book had me laughing and even in tears and in the end I had such a warm and cozy feeling. I don't think I'll be forgetting about this story anytime soon.

Alma is a kleptomaniac, but maybe not in the way a lot of people are expecting. She works at her parents' motel and when people leave, she collects the things they leave behind. I know th
Victoria Larsen
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK. oh my gosh! I think it’s safe to say that Alma is one of my favorite characters ever. This book made me laugh and then cry but it was so beautifully written! This is my first read from Lacey Dailey and NOT MY LAST. This book is about heartbreak and the relationships that are always there; no matter what you’re going through. I must say that this book is so amazing and perfect and I give it all the stars!
Book Fanatic
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Butterfly kisses and tiny violin's. Using Lacey Dailey's words to describe my own emotions while reading this story and how I feel long after reading The End.

I felt the flutters and I heard the symphony all within my soul with every page turn.

This story took me on a journey of love, friendship, grief and acceptance. There's a million more things it taught me but those are a few that matter the most.

Alma Underwood and her whole clan were a crazy bunch to meet but meeting them is one of my happies
Kristen Granata
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Original. Interesting. Heartwarming. Quirky. This is Lacey’s best work yet. She keeps getting better & better with each book. This was such an original storyline & I loved how every one of the characters were written. (Rumor might just be my favorite though) This was such a great read. I know I keep saying the word “original” but that’s the best way to describe Lacey’s writing, her ideas, her books, plots, etc. Just out of the box & I love all of it! ...more
L.J. Evans
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lacey Dailey did a beautiful job with this story. It's a gorgeous YA, coming-of-age romance with a physically disabled hero and a do-good heroine that was completely hard to resist. It had a whole host of quirky, lovable secondary characters that made you smile and laugh all at the same time.

It was gorgeously done.

Love this quote: "If we increase our speed, we become numb. We lose the difference between having a life and actually living."

Can't wait to read more of her words!
Jem Jones
May 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Alma Underwood is not a kleptomaniac. According to the Mayo Clinic (via Google), kleptomania is "the recurrent inability to resist urges to steal items that you generally don't really need and that usually have little value." And while yes, these items have little value, and no, she doesn't need them, I agree with Alma that it's not stealing if they're abandoned. (Also she feels no guilt afterwards, which is [apparently] a common feature of kleptomania.)

Alma collects lost and abandoned items. Sh
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alma and Rumor. I can’t explain how much I LOVE these two and their relationship. This story was funny, it was sweet, it was romantic, it was emotional, and it was heartbreaking.

Alma and the whole Underwood family are a crazy bunch. There is so much love and laughter within that family. Alma has a heart of gold and it shows when she finds Rumor and pretty much decides for him that he is her new roommate. Rumor Rawlings. My heart broke for him, I just wanted to give him a hug. He has experienced
Jessica Reads It
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
First ask yourself, are you ready for the biggest plot twist since Darth Vader revealed he was Luke Skywalker’s father? If not, still proceed because this book is wickedly hilarious!

We start off with Alma, she is such a diverse and interestingly kooky character who has genuinely made me believe there can be happy endings. Alma has the innate ability to find the beauty in objects discarded or left behind by others. She uses this ability to help a homeless boy named Rumor find his mum, his heart a
Natasha B
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this book we follow Alma, a teen who works at her parent’s motel and collects ‘treasures’ that people leave behind. One day, she stumbles across Rumor, a homeless, one handed teen who has run away from his home town after his dad’s death.

There are some really sweet, lovely moments in this book, not only between Alma and Rumor but with other characters too. I loved Alma’s quirky family where it’s normal to not be ‘normal’ and they are allowed to be completely themselves.

This book isn’t all sw
Ga Books LoverX
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adore Lacey Dailey, but this young adult romance was freaking out of the world. I adored the premise and how EVERYTHING played out.

Alma Underwood is a special soul that any one of use would be better off knowing. Rumor is the exact same though, what a wonderful guy that basically had one hurtle after another and then finally meets that lovely Alma that basically pushes herself inside of his heart.

If you are a fan of wonderful young adult romances, this is 100% your jam! It was a beautiful sto
Claire
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2020, arc-books
* Thank you to NetGalley for the eArc to review *

Alma Underwood is a teenager working in her parents' motel, collecting items that have been left behind by others, claiming them as her treasure. When spending time in the abandoned train car near her house, she comes across something else to add to her collection - a boy. Rumor is taken in by Alma as he is homeless, and searching for something himself.

I really, really wanted to love this book and sadly this just didn't hit the mark for me. I was
Britt The Red Hatter Book Blog
Ever since her debut Lacey Dailey has been blowing me away, so even though I typically shy away from most reads that even hint at being YA related I still knew I couldn’t miss this book. From the intriguing title to the even more intriguing blurb everything about this book stands out from the rest.
Funny, quirky, undeniably sweet and packed with some powerfully moving emotion Alma Underwood Is Not a Kleptomaniac became one of my favorite books of the year almost immediately! Alma and Rumor have
Briana Cooper
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a breath of fresh air. It roped me in and kept me there til the last page.

It’s such a different concept than any other book I’ve read. It tugged on every single heartstring I have. I found myself crying happy and sad tears.
Rumor and Alma have such a connection that is soul deep. They genuinely adore each other and it’s the sweetest thing. I love how the author describes their feelings. It’s unique.

The ending was especially bittersweet but also the perfect conclusion. I’m so happy
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Alma Underwood Is Not A Kleptomaniac by Lacey Dailey is the story of Alma Underwood and Rumor Rawling. Alma is a funny, odd but with a big heart type young heroine. Alma likes to collect things and make write stores up about them. One day she finds Rumor who is out to find his mother which opens up a story about him. This was a sweet funny young romance that I really enjoyed.
Ashley Cestra
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a cute little quirky story! I enjoyed the uniqueness of these words and the little twist and turns the characters went through! Aside from a few parts that lost my attention this was overall a decent story. This is my first time reading Lacey and I’m curious to see what she writes next!
Shannon
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book a while ago but just now sitting down to review. I loved the character development in this book! Alma is one of my new favorite heroines. Being from a small town in Michigan myself, it was easy for me to visualize the setting and feel the soul of the writing. 5 stars!
TBHONEST
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful story, filled with engaging characters who are very easy to connect with as you join them on their journey experiencing love, grief, heartbreak and the power of finding yourself.
Sommer
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5
The story gives you feels but it didn't quite make me cry though the romance is very cute. It's nice and there is no real relationship issues like other romances usually do. They're sweet, open, rumour is open about his feelings and is moody but opens his mouth and explains his reasoning
Monica Exley
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 5/5
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

A super sweet and tender story of love, family, and connection. A story of spirit and the soulful desires of the heart. I read this book in one sitting. Wonderfully written and creatively stitched together. This story is just too cute. I absolutely loved it. Target population is most likely youth/YA. However, it’s so lovely that I really do believe anyone that reads this book will cherish and appreciate it forever. Little violins sang in my heart as my mind danced for joy readin
Pork
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely Love

My heart throbs while reading this book. You are taken through a rollercoaster of love and heart break with Alma and Rumor by your side. This story really helps you appreciate the people in your life and the relationships that you have with them whether they are intimate or platonic. Absolutely amazing. I truly wish that this story never ended.
Regina
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Book

Excellent read! Pulled on my heart but had me smiling. Thank you Lacey for the treasure of your gift with words.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Ryder (Scandal U #1)
  • Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)
  • Catch Me Twice
  • Love Drunk (Love Me Duet #1)
  • Dirty Letters
  • Hate Crush
  • Redemption: A Surprise Pregnancy Romance
  • Practice to Deceive
  • Heartless Hero (Crowne Point #1)
  • The Rules
  • When Rivals Love (Bayshore Rivals, #3)
  • Hate Sober (Love Me Duet #2)
  • Breaker: A Brother's Best Friend
  • This Eternity of Masks and Shadows
  • Adeline's Aria (Infernal Echo, #1)
  • Far From Normal
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Between Now and Heartbreak (Forever Trilogy, #2)
The best place to find Lacey is with her nose in a book. She’s a sucker for a good love story and a happy ending that has her swooning. When she’s not obsessing over giving her own characters a happy ending, you can find her in the dance studio empowering young dancers and giving out tons of stickers. Thanks to her mother’s pizzeria, Lacey can make a delicious pizza.
When she’s not putting on her