Start by marking “From What's Broken” as Want to Read:
From What's Broken

From What's Broken

Amanda and Matthew are on the cusp of their happily ever after. They have a stable marriage and a lovely daughter, and they are eagerly awaiting the birth of their second. Suddenly tragedy strikes and the couple’s picture-perfect life crumbles. Ivory, their firstborn child, dies in an accident. Not knowing how to deal with their pain, Amanda and Matthew blame each other fo ...more
Published June 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about From What's Broken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From What's Broken

Start your review of From What's Broken
P.S. Winn
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author has written a heart touching story that is also heart wrenching. The story has a special place in my heart as I have lost two children. The author has a great talent in creating believable characters. In this story the two main characters are Amanda and Matthew. The author takes readers into the couple lives as they deal with the worst tragedy imaginable. The tale shows what stress can do and how hope, tragedy, love and life can change our lives. Well done.
Coco.V
Aug 06, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (8/6/2019)! 🎁
Sharon
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I suggest you have a box of tissues handy when you sit down to read this amazing book. This is my first time reading anything from this author and she has produced a heart wrenching plot. I couldn’t help but feel for the main characters as they attempted to navigate their relationship and the love for their surviving child whilst dealing with the unexpected loss of their first child. This is one very emotional story.
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a
Brandi
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author, R.M. Demeester, did an excellent job with character and plot development in this tear-jerker, "From What's Broken".
Amanda, Matthew, are a contented couple with one child and another on the way. The unthinkable happens when their firstborn, Ivory, dies in an accident. Unable to cope, Amanda and Matthew start making allegations towards one another and their relationship begins to crumble. An emotional ride, so have the tissues handy. Well-written and realistic, this story is one reader
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Matthew and Amanda experienced what no parents should and as a result blamed each other. Emotions running high and deep, they didn't know how to communicate their current feelings. The more they stay apart the more they drifted towards divorce. Will this couple be able to get a hold on what's important before it's too late.

Alison Hawkins
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
The anger and grief in this book really draw you into the story. It’s every parents worst nightmare and where you would think you can rely on your partner for support in times like these, sometimes the grief is too much and that break is all that’s needed to appreciate what you still have left. Really enjoyed this book.

Jeanne Richardson
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book I've read written by R. Demeester; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Kimberly
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Story of two people who had a great relationship until their child was killed. Then it all fell apart, they both went their separate ways with other people but always ended up back with each other because of their remaining child. It is a nice story I won't give out the ending. Just read it.

Happy Reader
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a heartbreaking story of love, loss and more loss. It was well written; the characters were realistic and often frustrating and their situation, not uncommon. The story kept me reading, hoping for a certain ending. It did contain a handful of typos.
Petra Moss
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful sad moving story, how the death of their child not only almost destroyed their marriage, but also their lives.

Amy Neumann
Story of loss and parents unable to reconnect after tragedy. I was often frustrated with the husband's actions, even when reading from his perspective. It felt like a realistic portrayal of emotions and responses to grief. I wasn't particularly drawn into the story but it was an interesting read.
Tia
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Emotionally Charged

This book tugs at your emotions. The reality of losing a child tragically and the fallout on those left after is moving, anger inducing, heart breaking, and infuriating. A book well worth reading. It begs the question of "What would you do?"
Jamie
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All in all great read

This book really hits home on how easily something you worked so hard to get can be taken away. A book about a failed marriage that slowly rebuilds
Julia Jansen

• First Friday: How virginity almost killed me
  • Someone Like You
  • The Woman in Our House
  • Her Last Promise
  • The Guestbook (Madrona Island, #1)
  • The Lumberjack's Match: A Sweet Fake Relationship Romance (Pretendr Dating App Series)
  • Hide Your Heart (Bounty Bay, #1)
  • Next Door (Chloe Fine #1)
  • Forgiving History (Freehope #1)
  • An Isle of Mirrors (A Shade of Vampire, #88)
  • A Sanctuary of Foes  (A Shade of Vampire, #89)
  • Prognosis: A Memoir of My Brain
  • Petticoat Ranch (Lassoed in Texas, #1)
  • 1996 (90s Flashback Series, # 1)
  • Object of My Affection (Lilith Mercury Werewolf Hunter, #2)
  • An Impossible Dilemma
R.M. Demeester lives in Saskatchewan, Canada. She is the mother of three young children, and owner of a rescue dog, a chocolate lab, Gainer. R.M. Demeester has been writing for as long as she could hold a pencil. She writes women's fiction, new adult, and sweet romance primarily. She has two women's fiction novels set to be released in 2019, along with several short stories.

News & Interviews

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”  Theodor Geisel said...