Start by marking “The Sunday Potluck Club (The Sunday Potluck Club, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Sunday Potluck Club (The Sunday Potluck Club, #1)

The Sunday Potluck Club (The Sunday Potluck Club, #1)

New friends can be found in unexpected places. For Bridget and Amy, that place was the cancer ward of an Anchorage hospital. Now, as each struggles to overcome loss, they lean on each other for support—sharing suppers, laughter and tears.

Bridget and Amy aren’t about to let hardship knock them down—Bridget plans to return to her veterinarian school studies, Amy to her
Expected publication: March 31st 2020 by Kensington Books

To ask other readers questions about The Sunday Potluck Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sunday Potluck Club

Start your review of The Sunday Potluck Club (The Sunday Potluck Club, #1)
Selena
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free excerpt of The Sunday Potluck Club #1 by Melissa Storm from NetGalley for my honest review.

I didn't realize it was just an excerpt when I received this. The Sunday Potluck Club is a group of four women who are bound together by the death of someone important in their lives. It is aa story of their friendship and the support they give to each other.
Literary Soirée
This preview about two friends who meet on a cancer ward portends a real winner, one I look forward to reading in full when it becomes available. Bridget is in vet school, Amy a second grade teacher. They bond with other grieving women as members of the Sunday Potluck Club, sharing food, tears, laughter, and hope. I can’t wait to see how their stories unfold! 5/5

Pub Date 31 Mar 2020.

Thanks to Melissa Storm, Kensington Books and NetGalley for the review copy. Opinions are mine.

Alice Bye
Oct 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
1/5
First a big thank you to Netgalley for giving me a copy to read in exchange for a honest review.
Now I know this isn’t the whole book, but frankly, I’m not going to read the rest. Why? The story was flat, characters were flat and like nothing happend.
Also the damn formatting... Uhg!!! It was so bloody difficult to know when a sentence started and ended and one word per line and quotation marks here and there and Uhg.
Heeya's
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a book about friendship, illness and the hjardship that comes with adulthood. It us a sweet, emotional ride. This is a story of four friends who lost their loved ones to cancer yet like a ray of hope, becomes friends in the same ward. Hope, this book is a lot about that too.

Thank you Melissa Storm, Kensington Books and NetGalley for the review copy. <3
Hristina
Aug 06, 2019 marked it as to-read
I read an excerpt of this book and it left me wanting more. I liked the humor intertwined in the text, and the friendships were amazing. It feels like the start of an engaging novel.
I look forward to the full book.
Moony MeowPoff
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
In the end i got to figure out this is an excerpt of the novel. But i'll review it anyway.
It was an easy read but i didn't get time to invest or get the feel to know the characters in such short time.
Zenobia
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you NetGalley for letting me read this one. This was such a sweet book about overcoming loss and finding friendship in the hardest of times (From what I could make out in the excerpt)! What better way to find love than over food? The Sunday Potluck Club has the makings of a lovely movie (I'd love to watch it). Such a lovely read and I cannot wait for the full book to be available!
Dawn Wells
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the pre view read I received through Netgalley. Meeting new friends as adults can be hard to do for anyone. meeting on a cancer ward must be even more. However, this is so well written with humor and warmth.
Donna Hines
Jul 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
What a way to meet a new friend....at a cancer ward at a Anchorage Hospital .
However you meet friends in unexpected places and Bridget and Amy are embarking on this new journey of healing and discovery after hardships together.
Why not...
They are members after all of this club for those who've lost loved ones and perhaps it could lead to something truly lovely...or loving!
You know they say you find love when you least expect it too so maybe this Valentines' Day Adoption in which the idea of a
Julia
Aug 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This review is based on an excerpt of the novel. The full novel will be published in March 2020.

This might be a really lovely novel. The excerpt introduces four friends who met at a cancer ward and lost a loved one to cancer. Amy, the main character, is struggling quite hard after losing her mother to cancer, especially since the disease changed her mother's personality.

It's a book about grief, about rebuilding your life after you have lost an important person in your life.
Lorrie
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, net-galley
Dang it! I want to read the rest of this book NOW! The four friends are each already so interesting, I want to get to know them better. The scrapbooker had such an interesting way to help deal with the death of her mother. What about Any & the mysterious Trent who rear ended her? I want to read more.
Janet
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it

When it is hot as heck outside and there is nothing cool to do but reading as everything else makes you end up a sweaty mess, it is the perfect day for a speed reader.

From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do .

A recipe for living . . .

New friends can be found in unexpected places. For Bridget and
Karma♥Bites ^.~
10 Jan 2020: Thoughts on THE SUNDAY POTLUCK CLUB by Melissa Storm
(publication date: 31 March 2020)

**ARC preview provided by Kensington via NetGalley**

I decided to DL preview for THE SUNDAY POTLUCK CLUB b/c NTM author & blurb piqued my interest. (To me, ARC previews are akin to Amazon’s look-inside function for books still in the publication pipeline.)

Unlike some previews, this one consisted of 10 full chapters (54pgs of actual text). Thus, I got a very good sense of Storm’s writing style, as
Ann
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This review is of an excerpt, not the entire book. It was a good introduction to the main characters and how they met. Bridget and Amy meet on the cancer ward of the local hospital where they are helping their parent fight cancer. Their support unit grows as more women meet with them for Sunday dinner. Can't wait to see if the rest of the book does justice to the beginning. I received this ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review. The entire ARC will be available in January.
Carolyn Vandine West
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This preview for the full book gives us a glimpse into the lives of 4 women who met at the hospital as their beloved parents were undergoing chemo treatments. Each woman has their own way of dealing with their grief. I look forward to reading the full version of the book after publication.
Well this is a preview of the book which I did not realize. I was provided an e-copy from NetGalley. The opinions posted are mine and not required.
Dorre
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an excerpt graciously provided by the publisher via netgalley and I can not wait to read the rest.
Anubha Ghoshal
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Read an excerpt, it was okay, I personally don't like these stories, that's another thing.
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read a preview of this novel via NetGalley. I was super surprised at what was provided. I anticipated a couple of chapters at best but this preview was 10 chapters. It gives you an in-depth (well as in-depth as a preview can be) of what you are in for. I liked Storms writing style and already feel invested based on this preview. Looking forward to the full novel!
Angela
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Truthfully, I find it hard to read an excerpt of any book. I usually feel pulled in by just reading the small summary. I really like the premise of this book and I would definitely read it when it comes out, I mean, I have to know how it ends!
Rashel
Aug 13, 2019 marked it as to-read
** received the first 59 pages from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review **

The first few chapters of this book were such a teaser and I am seriously SO excited to read the whole book once it’s released.

This book is the story of four friends who meet in the oncology ward of a hospital in Anchorage, Alaska, all the primary caretakers of parents who are battling cancer. The book starts with the funeral of Bridget’s mother, the last death. Amy’s mother has already passed as well as Hazel’s
Alexandra
Aug 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This seems like it's going to be a really lovely book! The excerpt introduces us to four friends who met because they each had a parent fighting cancer. Amy (our protagonist) is having a hard time dealing with the death of her mother and I think that's a feeling that anyone can imagine or relate to. The death of any loved one is incredibly hard, especially when we're young. I think it's a great start to reading about someone figuring out how to deal with their grief and rebuild their life.

We
Olivia Burgos
Sep 06, 2019 rated it liked it
The premise of the book got me to request for the book. I lost my mom to cancer too, like the girls in this book. With only a few chapters to read, I understood that this is going to be a book about friendships, working through grief and love. I look forward to the rest of the story. However, I did notice the story was dialogue-heavy, and my eyes have a tendency to glaze over who is speaking at the moment, whether it's Bridget, Amy, etc. Also, there were still a few typos but nothing that can't ...more
Sara Oxton
Sunday Potluck Club by Melissa Storm a fair three star read. I only had the first few chapters of this one, so it may get better, and I really hope it does as it shows promise, it just didn’t deliver yet. Four friends in this story are all interesting and bring something to it, getting more of their stories may make this a better read.
Wulfwyn
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book. I finished it last night but have been unable to move on. I couldn’t begin the review until I thought about so many things that came at me while reading it. I still am not certain what to say. This book has layers.
I knew, after reading the first two pages, it would make me cry. I was ready for that. I got a box of Kleenex ready. I wasn’t ready for the push, pull of the book. The push to read on, wanting to know what was going to happen next, especially with Amy, Trent
Becky
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Four people meet in the cancer ward of an Anchorage hospital. They come together as friends to support each other in the pain of loss of parents to cancer. Three women have lost one of their parents and the other's father is now in remission. Each have taken on grief in their own ways. The four women have decided to meet every Sunday at someone's home for a potluck. Thus, The Sunday Potluck Club. Bridget immerses herself in all sorts of causes, Nichole feels guilty at times as her father ...more
Anne - ReadingfortheWeekend
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to NetGalley and Kensington Books for the advance copy excerpt in exchange for an honest review.

The Sunday Potluck Club is about a group of friends in Alaska who met under the worst kind of circumstances- each had a parent in the cancer ward of the hospital. During their time in the hospital, they all found one another and built friendships over their shared experiences.

The main character, Amy, is the motherly and level headed one of the group. Which is why it is so hard for the other
Kriti Mishra
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I got to read an excerpt from this novel on Netgalley. I usually pick up light-hearted novels, so I almost bailed on the story a couple of pages in. But I couldn't get it out of mind and gave it another chance and I'm happier for it.

Losing a loved one is a profound, transformative experience but how we grieve is unique to every individual. For some, grieving is a performance, for others silent. Some seek support from friends, family, and pets, while others distance themselves in order to feel
Mackey
Love Love LOVED The Sunday Potluck Club. And, by the way, this review is about the entire book and not just an excerpt which was previously published.

Four very different women, with distinct personalities, forge a friendship with one another after meeting on a cancer ward. They are the survivors who, with one exception, have lost a loved one to cancer. Amy, who the story primarily revolves around; Bridget, whose mother has just died; Nicole, whose father is in remission and Hazel who lost her
Annmarie Reddick
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vanessa
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Melissa Storm is anew author for me and I enjoyed this review copy of The Sunday Potluck Club. This story really could be a "real life" story, as you never know where you make friends, who end up being the most important one's in your life.

Bridget and Amy met in a cancer ward, overcoming loss and heartache, friendship developed and they began sharing suppers, laughter and tears.

Neither of them are about to let hardship knock. Both planning on continuing their lives as previously planned before
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Every Last Drop
  • The Light in the Hallway
  • The Roxy Letters
  • The Second Home
  • In an Instant
  • An Everyday Hero (Heart of a Hero #2)
  • One Week 'Til Christmas
  • Postscript (P.S. I Love You, #2)
  • The Bake Shop (Amish Marketplace #1)
  • Shortcake
  • True to Me
  • When Polly Met Olly
  • Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)
  • Ağaçtaki Kız
  • All About Evie
  • The Healing Touch
  • Unfollow Me
  • A Good Neighborhood
Melissa Storm is a five-time USA Today bestselling author of Women’s Fiction, Inspirational Romance, and Cozy Mysteries.

Despite an intense, lifelong desire to tell stories for a living, Melissa was “too pragmatic” to choose English as a major in college. Instead, she obtained her master’s degree in Sociology & Survey Methodology—then went straight back to slinging words a year after graduation