Start by marking “The Empire of Gold (The Daevabad Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Empire of Gold (The Daevabad Trilogy, #3)

The Empire of Gold

(The Daevabad Trilogy #3)

The final chapter in the bestselling, critically acclaimed Daevabad Trilogy, in which a con-woman and an idealistic djinn prince join forces to save a magical kingdom from a devastating civil war.

Daevabad has fallen.

After a brutal conquest stripped the city of its magic, Nahid leader Banu Manizheh and her resurrected commander, Dara, must try to repair their fraying allian
Hardcover, UK Edition, 766 pages
Published June 11th 2020 by Harper Voyager

To ask other readers questions about The Empire of Gold, please sign up.
Tanya It's listed as a trilogy so I would expect three books.

Start your review of The Empire of Gold (The Daevabad Trilogy, #3)
Mecca-Amirah Jackson
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super update: 4/16/2020

Just got the ARC! 😂 Time to put the money where my mouth is

Update: 1/14/2020

I still stand by what I said.

2/19/2019:

Nahri and Ali better not get together romantically or I will revolt.
Melanie
1.) The City of Brass ★★★★★
2.) The Kingdom of Copper ★★★★

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch

Buddy read with Jocelyn at Yogi with a Book! ❤
Will Byrnes
Do you know how many times I’ve had to do this? Forget healing, my specialty should be having my life destroyed and then being forced to rebuild from nothing.

---------------------------------------

Yet everything was just a touch off. There were empty spaces where conjured buildings should have stood, ugly pockmarks on the skyline. The brass walls were tarnished, the edifices—on closer inspection—riddled with missing bricks and blackened mortar. Defying any weather pattern Nahri knew, somehow
Charlotte May
Apr 18, 2020 marked it as library-loans
I don’t usually care about the romances in books but I really hope Nahri and Ali are endgame and not Dara.

I hate the trope where a girl falls in love with a man/being that is like thousands of years older than them.

And I just love the friends to lovers trope!

Roll on June!!!!
Nilufer Ozmekik
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Quick confession: When I saw the page numbers of the book, I draw the blanket on my face and try to hide from the book. Nearly 800 pages! I’m so happy it was not a paperback, I’m holding right now! I don’t want to look like wrestler after finishing my reading (I was looking like giant when I finished Dark Tower series of Stephen King book! It gave me cries to look at my triceps!)

Of course the other two books of the installment were long, too but when I start reading something (and you may guess
Aimal (Bookshelves & Paperbacks)
Thank you to HarperCollins for an early copy of this book!

Please be warned that as this is the final book in a trilogy, the review will contain SPOILERS for the first two books: The City of Brass and The Kingdom of Copper.

The Empire of Gold begins immediately after the second book ends: Daevabad has fallen, with Manizheh at its head and Darayavahoush standing squarely by her side. Nahri and Alizayd have fled the city with Suleiman’s seal in tow, resulting in a sudden extinguishing of magic. Now,
halfirishgrin
I honestly can't even *imagine* what direction this book will take after the events of book #2 but I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED and it'll 100% worth however damn long the wait is. I just want my children (ALI AND NAHRI) happy and safe
Angelica
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, arc, read-2020
You ever hesitate to pick up an especially long book? Like, you want to read it but then you see that page count? This was that book. But I'm so glad I did read it.

S.A. Chakraborty managed to create a concluding novel that brings so much new history and lore to her world, and yet manages to perfectly wrap up the story she had began to tell in The City of Brass.

In this book, the stakes are raised tenfold. The throne of Daevabad is at stake and the lives of every person in the city are in the bala
micolreads
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2020
This book was like those songs that start slow, almost soundless, but that just go up and up until you cannot not hear them.

This series made me realize that love is powerful, it can get you through a lot and make you stronger. But it's not everything. Friendship and family are always there when love is challenged. I thought i couldn't read more about Nahri and Dara being apart, but the fact that I enjoyed, that I loved them being in love but apart, just reminds me that you can do everything you
a n i s s a
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am not okay.
Nouf *LostinFantasy*
I received an E-ARC of the book through Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Actual Rating: 4.7/5 rounded up to a full 5!

If you know me at all you’ll know how much this series means to me. I’ve fallen in love with this world and characters since the first book released and I’ve been waiting desperately – and nervously – for the final book.

Now that I’ve read it I can definitely say that it solidifies the trilogy as one of my all time favorite book series ever.

The book was filled with
Farheen
Sep 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
I can't be the only one who ships Ali and Nahri, right? 😭
Hafsah (on hiatus)
Jul 27, 2019 marked it as i-need-tr
Shelves: not-yet-released
UPDATE: Expected publication is now FEBRUARY!! *jumps up and down whilst squeling*
_______________________________

Omg would you just look at that GORGEOUS cover!

Now that I'm all hyped up again, I'm 100% sure that I need an ARC. Besides, I've been dangling off the cliff in book 2 for far too long already and I'm not strong enough to hold on for much longer.

And does the fact that I've never recieved an ARC before (sob) stop me from promising to do anything and everything to get my hands on this bo
megs_bookrack
I WON A GIVEAWAY!!!

Look at me go! It's like the world isn't falling apart after all...

I'd like to thank the Academy, William Morrow Books and Goodreads for this honor.

Raquel Flockhart
ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

1. The City of Brass | ★★★★★
2. The Kingdom of Copper | ★★★★★
3. The Empire of Gold | ★★★★★

“Not wanting to be destroyed by despair doesn’t make you a coward, Ali. It makes you a survivor.”

It is always a bittersweet feeling when you reach the last sentence of one of your favourite series. The denial that you will not read more about characters you love, characters whose adventures you have been following

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
A solid conclusion to this Arabian Nights-inspired fantasy. It has some great twists and turns.

RTC.
Book Barbarian  (Tammy Smith)
EDIT: 11 June 2020 -Happy Release Day!

eARC provided by NetGalley , thank you to Netgalley and Harper Collins for gifting me this book!

Dizzying, unpredictable, magical. An Arabian fantasy I have always NEEDED to read. This series is a new world that completely captivates you from page one.

The Empire of Gold by S.A Chakraborty

I AM NOW LOST.

description

IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THI
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
Can't think... head empty.

Seriously though, I finished it. My favorite series. And I don't really know what to do with myself. I cried and laughed and cried some more. Loved things, hated things, saw the necessity in things even when I hated them. And just. Dara did that.

RTC!!
Beatrice in Bookland
"Nahri always smiled at her marks."

1. The city of brass ★★★★★
2. The kingdom of copper ★★★★★

4.5

I don't even know what to say about this book, it was almost perfect.
The only thing I didn't appreciate was the romance - even tho I don't despise it - because I just wish these two had remained platonic friends. But I did like how nothing was rushed, especially in the last pages.

Dara has been my favorite character since his very first appearance in The city of brass and his ending - and his last scene
Let's see how my predictions went ...

(view spoiler)
Shealea
I cried three times. That’s all you need to know. For now.

I received a digital ARC from the publisher (via Netgalley's wish-for-it feature) in exchange for an honest review. This does not, however, shape or change my opinion of this book.
Veronica Belmont
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ugh, so good. I'm so sad that this series is over, but so happy to have read it. The worldbuilding is something I will hold as a high standard for fantasy for years to come.
Rosamund Hodge
IT ABSOLUTELY GUTTED AND THEN HEALED ME.
Merline
All time favorite series. So sad it’s over. I miss the characters and the world already. Feels like there’s a hole in my heart. Need time to process, but I will say this was a thrilling conclusion. There are a few spoiler-y things that could’ve been handled differently but still a satisfying conclusion with amazing character arcs. RTC.

For people who like ratings: If I were still rating books, I’d give this 4.5 stars.

Thanks Harper Voyager and Edelweiss for the arc.
Elle
Jan 16, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
This is not a book it is an event . Nobody talk to me I am BUSY!

—✨—✨—✨—✨—✨—✨—✨—✨—✨

Nahri to Dara at the end of KoC:
Sana
Feb 08, 2020 marked it as to-read-so-bad-it-hurts
SA Chakraborty looking out for her readers and writing ~800 pages long series ender, what a legend
Jules ✨
Thank you Netgalley and HarperCollins for the ARC.

This series has been a rollercoaster of emotions. I absolutely loved each book, which says a lot, I do think The Kingdom of Copper is my favorite.
Not to say this book wasn't amazing, because it was. It was definitely more dark and hard sometimes to read but still really fantastic.

Shannon's writing is exceptional. I honestly felt like these 780 pages lasted nothing. It was like watching a movie, it went quickly, like a breath of air. My favorite p
Adah Udechukwu
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Empire of Gold did not disappoint. The novel was awesome from start to finish and it is a spectacular conclusion to the series.
Umairah | Sereadipity
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant end to a brilliant trilogy <3 ...more
;3
Feb 15, 2020 marked it as to-read
me staring at the author in her own living room until she tells me whether or not she will give me a muntadhir or jamshid pov:
👋👁👄👁
S. A. Chakraborty is the author of the critically acclaimed and internationally best-selling The Daevabad Trilogy. Her work has been nominated for the Locus, World Fantasy, Crawford, and Astounding awards. When not buried in books about thirteen-century con artists and Abbasid political intrigue, she enjoys hiking, knitting, and re-creating unnecessarily complicated medieval meals. You can find he ...more

• Realm of Ash (The Books of Ambha, #2)
  • Forest of Souls (Shamanborn, #1)
  • The Witcher, Vol. 1: House of Glass
  • Incendiary (Hollow Crown, #1)
  • Aurora Burning (The Aurora Cycle, #2)
  • The Court of Miracles (Court of Miracles, #1)
  • The Crow Rider (The Storm Crow, #2)
  • Dark Skies (Dark Shores, #2)
  • Monstrous Heart
  • Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • Venom (Isles of Storm and Sorrow #2)
  • Girl, Serpent, Thorn
  • Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)
  • Crooked River (Pendergast, #19)
  • A Murderous Relation (Veronica Speedwell, #5)
  • Mexican Gothic
  • Yes No Maybe So
  • The City We Became (Great Cities #1)