Jump to ratings and reviews

Desperately Seeking Landlord

It was just supposed to be a fling.
It would end and we’d go our separate ways.
I should know by now nothing in my life is ever that simple.

When Jamie Miller knocks on my door ten months after we ended our … whatever it was, I promptly punch him in his smug face, for no other reason than I feel like it and he deserves it.

It’s probably not the best way to handle things, but I’ve never been good at doing things properly.

When he tells me he’s my new landlord, my whole world is rocked.

But Jamie? He wants to prove to me he’s more than an egotistical jerk and for some reason he’s decided he wants me.

I don’t think love is in the cards for me, and definitely not with Jamie, but he’s determined to prove me wrong.

320 pages, Kindle Edition

Published September 25, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Micalea Smeltzer

82 books4,721 followers
Micalea Smeltzer is an author from Northern Virginia. Her two dogs, Ollie and Remy, are her constant companions. As a kidney transplant recipient she's dedicated to raising awareness around the effects of kidney disease, dialysis, and transplant as well as educating people on living donation. When she's not writing you can catch her with her nose buried in a book.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

364 (49%)
25 (3%)
1 star
14 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 123 reviews
Profile Image for Christy.
3,712 reviews31.6k followers
September 4, 2022
5 stars

So I loved the 'Desperately Seeking Roommate' and I wasn't expecting to love this book even more. Honestly, I didn't think it would be possible as our hero, Jamie, was such a tool in that book. But I was wrong and he completely won me over. I adored Jamie and Miranda together and this had everything I love in books. Age gap, grumpy hero, and single parent.

Jamie is Miranda's best friend Lou's landlord and they despise him. I mean, except when Miranda accidently hooked up with him multiple times. It's like she can't stay away. But she does. For months. Until she finds out he's now her landlord as well. Jamie has his reasons for his cold exterior and not trusting anyone. When that cold surface melts, he's a big softy and an endearing guy. I said it once and I'll say it again, no one is more shocked than me that I loved Jamie this much but I did!

Miranda is such a fun character in both of these books and I loved getting her story. This book kept the biggest smile on my face and I don't think I could have loved it more. Micalea Smeltzer is becoming a must read author for me and I'm excited to read even more of her backlist!
Profile Image for Three Chicks.
2,592 reviews416 followers
Review by Jen Skewes

Micalea Smeltzer has done it again. I loved this book and devoured it in one sitting. Honestly, I wasn’t sure how I would feel about this book, mainly because of the hero. We met Jamie in book one and he was a complete douche. But Ms. Smeltzer manage to make me love someone who I had hated prior to reading this book.

Miranda is in her last year of college. She’s an artist who is sassy and a little bit quirky. She says what she wants and tells it like it is. When it comes to her friends she is sweet and loyal. When it comes to Jamie Miller she cannot seem to say no. It started out as just sex between them. It’s been eight months since she has seen him, when he shows up on her doorstep to give her the news. He is her new landlord!!! That is not what she expected at all. He ended things with her in a way that left her confused and angry and now knowing that he is her landlord will only complicate things.

Miranda knows that she cannot give into him again. She wants a love and relationship like her best friend, but she knows that will never happen with Jamie. While he may be fantastic in bed, he isn’t exactly the nicest of people. So being with Jamie will only break her heart. Until she finds out something about him that no one knows. She tarts to see Jamie on a much deeper level. She learns why he is such an ass to people and sees a side of him that not many see. She slowly breaks down his walls and manages to fall for him. Jamie has had his guard up for so long, will he finally be able to let it down and open his heart up to love again?

First I just need to say how much I LOVED Jamie. I did not think it was possible. I figured that he would redeem himself in some way and I would like him, but I loved him and pretty early on in the book too. He has been hurt in the past, bit as you see him open up you see just amazing this man is. He is kind, sweet, loyal and very protective of those that he loves. He is perfect!

I loved Miranda in book one and I loved her even more in this one. She’s a little weird in her own way and that’s what I loved about her. I loved here sass and her banter with not just Jamie but her best friend as well. She is an amazing friend and person. I just wanted her to find her happiness and Jamie was the perfect person for her.

Desperately Seeking Landlord was fun, witty, emotional at time and an overall great read. I was captivated from the start and did not want to put it down. I loved the characters; the writing was flawless, and I hope that we get to see more of these characters!!!
Profile Image for Tiffani.
337 reviews34 followers
February 25, 2020
SPOILER ALERT

The only thing I really did like about it is that there wasn't a big drama-filled issue before their happy ending.
But while the ex may be a bitch, what is up the the abortion shaming? The girl doesn't have a say when it comes to her own body? It's disgusting how she was villainized just because she never wanted to have kids.
Also, Jamie was such an ass in DSR and we're never really given any explanation aside from "I don't let people in". How old are you? In this book he kicks out some creepy dude for saying something to the h, while he was the creepy dude in the previous book.
Profile Image for Whoo Gives A Hoot.
1,055 reviews85 followers
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *

description

Desperately Seeking Landlord is a sexy, hilarious, and swoon-worthy romantic comedy that had my heart pitter-pattering in overdrive right from the very beginning. Ever since Micaela Smeltzer first introduced us to Miranda and Jamie in Desperately Seeking Roommate I have been desperately seeking (pun totally intended) their story and I was so freaking excited when she announced that we WOULD getting one!

Miranda and Jamie's story was EVERYTHING and I couldn't help but devour their story in one sitting. I just couldn't put it down, not even for a second! Micaela Smeltzer managed to make me fall head over heels in love with Jamie, even if he seemed like a complete douche in Lou and Abel's story. He was certainly redeemed in my eyes, and heart. Who knew that Jamie would turn out to be a sexy DILF...not this girl that is for sure, but OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS he turned out to be such an incredible father to his adorable little boy.

Oh and let's not forget the beautiful and quirky Miranda. She's insanely artistic, kind of weird in her own way and she always tells it like it is, not matter what others might think. She is like my soul sister and I wish she were real because I want her to be my best friend for life! I knew without a doubt that she was the PERFECT match for Jamie. I mean don't they always say...opposites attract, and opposites these two are. She completes him and he completes her.

This story was addictively captivating and now I cannot wait to see what everyone else thinks about Miranda and Jamie's story. I just know you are all going to LOVE them, just as much as I do! Make sure to one-click this story...right now!
Profile Image for Britt The Hatters.
1,414 reviews92 followers
September 17, 2019
I’ve been desperately seeking this book since I read Desperately Seeking Roommate and I can say it was 100000000000% worth the wait. I’m pretty sure I’m fully addicted to Micalea Smeltzer’s writing at this point. Desperately Seeking Landlord has the perfect balance of humor and romance creating a romantic comedy that I could not put down for even a second. I’m serious. Un 👏 put 👏 downable 👏
Miranda and Jamie are the definition of polar opposites and their coming together in the previous book was a hilarious little background, but their story? 😍 Holy swoon Batman! Jamie is completely different than I could have ever predicted and surprised me more than once. Brace yourself for him to blow you away. Miranda as always is hilariously sweet. Balancing her sass with her kind heart like the queen she is. Together these opposites end up being the perfect pair and I couldn’t get enough of them.
Profile Image for Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog.
3,647 reviews111 followers
5 Stars!

Desperately Seeking Roommate was my very first book by this author this year and a total top favorite of mine so I was crazy excited for this one when it was announced! Miranda and Jamie were two characters I craved and needed to know more about from the first moment we met them in this first book and now FINALLY!!! their story is here!

Micalea Smeltzer nailed it in every single word and every single emotion that rolled off of the pages in Desperately Seeking Landlord. Sexy. Sweet. Swoony. Fun. Laugh out loud. Emotional. Unputdownable. Totally unforgettable in all the ways. Captivating from the first page. This standalone romantic comedy was so so so very good and I didn't put Jamie and Miranda's story down... for one single second.

✔Single dad
✔Curvy heroine
✔Currently her landlord
✔Old hook-up buddies
✔Pesky feelings that won't go away
✔Her best friend loathes him
✔She can't stay away
✔He doesn't want to stay away
✔They're in BIG trouble

When Jamie steps back into Miranda's life as her new landlord, it seems to complicate everything in her life when it comes to him once again. After all, she's doing the best she can to try and forget him. You see, these two have history and besides between the sheets where they were explosive af, none of it was good. He doesn't do commitments, at all, after a very jaded past and yet he can't seem to stay away when it comes to her, no matter how much he tries or feels he needs too. And our girl here is finding there is more to him than meets the eye when it comes to this single dad she's falling for.... and this time around in their relationship, she won't be able to step away so easily and he won't be able to let her go. So when his past collides with his present and future it'll be her that will hold it all together.

The fiesty, sassy, so-not-over-him Miranda and the complicated, single-dad Jamie stole every little piece of my heart there was and by the time their journey was over I wanted to start it all over again... plus I f-loved catching up with Abel and Lou again!

An easier, softer, lighter, funner romance that'll have you flipping the pages fast, racing to get to their happy ending, and these characters are GUARANTEED to leave a perma-smile etched into your face.

Micalea is quickly becoming an author that I must read and now I'm headed to her what I hear is an amazing backlist.

I highly recommend this book.

Reviewed for Renee Entress's Blog
Profile Image for Ga Books LoverX.
2,187 reviews21 followers
September 23, 2019
Oh I liked this one! Miranda and Jamie are 100% opposites and go together like oil and water, but sometimes that is what makes it fun!

If you liked the first book, you will love to be re-introduced to these awesome characters. I am a huge fan now of Micalea Smeltzer and love her books! Jamie was a grade A jerk in the first book and kind of throws off some of those vibes in this book to, but then when we read about him in this book he can definitely be a good man, is just extremely closed off. Miranda is just the one to knock him off his feet!

All in all this book was a great read and had an awesome story line. There are laughs, there are swoons, and there is awesome chemistry with some great characters. Fab read Micalea, I very much so recommend everyone to read this book. I cannot wait to see what is next!

PS: Thank you to Micalea and Give Me Books PR for allowing me an advanced copy of the book to read and review honestly! <3
Profile Image for Heather andrews.
9,520 reviews148 followers
September 19, 2019
Jamie jealous...noooo not him, not at all, “boyfriend jeans,” I blurt, my voice higher than normal. “What the eff do you mean your boyfriend’s jeans?” There are times Miranda can only handle so much of her man's antics, "my eyes fly open and I take a step away from him. “If you whip out your ***k I’ll punch you again.” Jamie knows how to ask those tough questions, “you’re terrified of having a Q-Tip swab your throat, but you’ll deep-throat my ***k?” I freaking loved this book, Jamie and Miranda were so easy to love.
Profile Image for Salma.
53 reviews5 followers
October 29, 2020
I enjoyed it, made me laugh just like the first book yet one thing that bothered me is shaming the woman for not wanting children and just crucifying her yes the plot was good but that bothered me in books that young adult women read and feel bad if they shared the same point of view of the woman in the story.
Profile Image for Amali Rose.
Author 16 books668 followers
September 23, 2019
Fun, sexy and swoony, Desperately Seeking Landlord is not to be missed.
Profile Image for Breanna&#x1f498;.
196 reviews2 followers
December 29, 2021
This was even better than book 1! I was refreshingly surprised that there was no big misunderstanding separation in this one. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Jamie kept Miranda involved because he didn’t want her in the dark and I was so worried he wouldn’t. I’m so glad this wasn’t a typcial romance format. Two mature adults who can’t fight the feeling they belong together even with the world against them. 😢❤️
September 24, 2019
I really enjoyed the prequel book to this one and I was excited for this book to release because I knew that the main characters were secondary characters in the prequel book, so I was looking forward to reading their story! I received an ARC of this book and had luckily just finished my current read, so I was able to started reading straightaway! After reading this book, I can say that I really enjoyed it and it only took me a few sittings to read because I didn't want to put it down! The plot developed at the perfect pace and it kept me intrigued and wanting to read on and see how things were going to develop! There was also plenty of romance in the plot, which allowed for some seriously hot scenes! The ending of this book was left at the perfect place and summed up the characters story beautifully! The characters were also amazing and made this book even better! Miranda was the main female character, and in this book she was very straight with her love interest and they had some very funny and hot scenes together! Miranda also had a lot of doubt in her mind about being able to love someone and having someone love her! She did come a long way in this book and she learned a lot about how easy she was to love and how much she wanted a family of her own! Jamie was the main male character and love interest of Miranda! Jamie had a secret in this book which I wasn't expecting! It did explain a lot about Jamie and the way he acted with women in the first book! I loved Jamie in this book! He was a busy guy and had a good job! Jamie also had a lot of money, but he acted very normal and I honestly wouldn't have thought that he had a lot of money lol! Jamie was also amazing with Miranda too and it was easy to see his feelings for her grow! I loved that this book was written from both Miranda and Jamie's point of views! The synopsis gives the impression that the book may be written from only the female character's point of view, but the prequel book was written from dual point of view, so I'm really happy that this book was too! It helped me connect more with Miranda and Jamie and it helped me understand them as well! It allowed for more things to happen in the plot as well, which helped as the characters did do things alone and didn't spend every second of the plot together! They were both dealing with their own situations as well! I'm not sure if there's going to be more prequel books to this one and the other book or if this is the final book! I would love to read more books with the characters from this book and the prequel book, but I don't think that there will be more books! I now can't wait to see what this author is going to release next! I've read pretty much all of this author's books that have released, so can't wait to read more from her! The cover for this book is also seriously hot! I love it a lot and I love how well it matches the cover for the prequel book! The cover image suits the book as well and the cover model is hot as Jamie! Well, from what I can see of him lol! Big thank you to Micalea and Give Me Books for an ARC of Desperately Seeking Landlord!
Profile Image for Ashley.
170 reviews
September 3, 2021
Misleading synopsis. Disappointing Spinoff.

1.5 - Miranda was turned into a sniveling desperado and that’s a crime in and of itself.

Miranda was the one practically begging for Jamie throughout the whole book. There wasn’t a single instance wherein Jamie had to convince Miranda to give him a chance because it’s all she kept giving him the entire time. Even after what he did and said to her - parading a woman blatantly in front of her AND calling her an easy lay - Miranda still welcomed him with open arms without as much as requesting for an apology. What the heck happened to her between Desperately Seeking Roommate and this book?! She was such a bada** but after sleeping with Jamie suddenly she became this pathetic, doormat of a heroine. Biggest downgrade of a character that it’s practically criminal. No amount of funny and witty writing can redeem a character that has been absolutely trashed like Miranda was.
Profile Image for Jenifer Briggs.
1,257 reviews132 followers
September 18, 2019
I'll be honest, I was hesitant on how I was going to react to Jamie in this book, seeing as how I couldn't stand him in Desperately Seeking Roommate. However, I was BLOWN. AWAY.
Jamie acts like the typical supreme asshole-douche canoe who doesn't form any connections with anyone, let alone women. However, this could be further from the truth, and I fell so hard for him! I think I like him more than I like Abel (*runs away and hides*) The way Jamie treated Miranda like she was a queen, made my heart to all gooey. He couldn't understand why Miranda got under his skin the way she did, but the more he opened up to her, he realized Mirandas heart was just as beautiful as the rest of her, and he couldn't live without her by his side.
And Miranda... that girl had me cracking up so much through this book. My kindle is covered in highlights with her witty one liners! I also love how much she loved herself: yes she wanted to find her own happy ever after just like her best friend did, but she wasn't going to settle for anyone. She is all woman, all curves and sass and she KNOWS how wonderful she is. She doesn't see her plus size body as anything that holds her back, and she shouldn't. Women of all shapes, sizes and color are beautiful in their own individual ways, and we need to be more accepting that not every woman out there is a size two. Miranda knows that her jean size in no way correlates to how beautiful she is, or how good of a person she is. She is who she is, and she makes no apologies for it! And her relationship with Jamie.. gah, they were just perfect together. He was the uber rich older guy (which is another aspect I totally loved!) And she was a poor college student who wanted to be an art teacher because she loved creating art, and didn't care about the size of her paycheck. They were polar opposites in every way, but they just fit together perfectly.
There's so much more to this story than I told you, but go read it for yourself! Just be warned: you will laugh like crazy and once you start, it is impossible to put down. I am 100% in love with Micalea Smeltzer and her writing! And I know you will be too!!

**I received an advanced copy of this book and this is my honest opinion.**
Profile Image for Emily Goodman.
1,070 reviews31 followers
September 26, 2019
Smeltzer complete changes readers mind and heart with her new single dad romance Desperately Seeking Landlord. From cover to cover Smeltzer had me enthused with single dad and landlord, Jamie. Admittedly after reading her first book in this series, Desperately Seeking Roommate, I wasn’t a Jamie fan at all. He was crude, sleazy and a jerk throughout most of the book. That only gives more credit to Smeltzer for the incredible character arc she created for Jamie the second installment of this series.

Very quickly, you realize this single dad is keeping everyone at bay because of the love for his son. It’s sigh worthy sweet. Only it’s not just the dad that sweet on Miranda. Miranda is a free, lighthearted spirit and a much needed person for their little family. Tobias, Jamie’s son craves Miranda just as much as Jamie, only in a different way. Both are desperate for her love and will put out all the stops to keep her in their home. I found this completely endearing. Each bond and relationship brought so much to this novel and make it impossible not to love.

Admittedly, it took me a while to realize that Miranda’s immaturity at times was the driving force to open up Jamie. Although she seemed so immature in some ways, she also brought out all the good in each character in this story. I had to remind myself that Smeltzer was using Miranda’s free spirit to peel off each layer of Jamie.

Desperately Seeking Landlord was an absolutely sweet read. Although the family dynamic was my favorite part, I can say Smeltzer still brought the heat, comedy, and sizzle to the story too. It was an all round wonderful book I think other readers will enjoy. Please note, that you don’t truly have to read the series in order, however, it’ll give you plenty of character background to help you see how love changes everything.
Profile Image for A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog.
2,814 reviews146 followers
September 19, 2019
5+ Stars

I can't begin to express how much I loved reading this amazing book of second chance love between Jamie and Miranda. The author has captured perfectly the romance, the angst, the push and pull between this adorable couple and I couldn't put it down.

I loved Jamie's character. At first, he comes across as a bit of a cocky jock, full of himself and a bit of a playboy. As the story progressed I got to see a different Jamie, the one he hides to protect his heart and his family. This man has been through the mill and Jamie is a closed-off, confused man who needs the love of a good woman.

Oh boy, if anyone can put a smile on your face it will be Miranda, what a fabulous person this young lady is. Hardly any filter on her mouth, says what she means, feisty and loyal to all who are close to her, I think she may be one of my favourite leading ladies to date. She is so funny without realising she actually is and that is why I enjoyed her so much. Put them together and you have an explosive chemistry that will set your kindle alight.

With some addictive secondary characters, some of which we got to meet in the first book, Desperately Seeking Roommate, you have a fantastic read. Which, in my opinion, was just perfect!
Profile Image for Johnaka- Amity Book Blog.
1,163 reviews13 followers
September 18, 2019
Desperately Seeking Landlord by Micalea Smeltzer
“Twist I didn’t see, 5 stars”

Okay, I’ll be honest I wasn’t a Jamie fan before going into Desperately Seeking Landlord because of his actions is Desperately Seeking Roommate. The guy was scummy, but in Desperately Seeking Landlord my opinion has completely morphed. Smeltzer turned Jamie into the unredeemable guy to someone who blew me away. Then you have Miranda who just rolled with it. She didn’t let her best friend influence her decision to be with him and I loved it.
Jamie thought he knew love once upon a time, but it was all a lie. Now he’s slightly jaded with a full plate. Sometimes he finds a release with a willing woman but since Miranda he doesn’t want anyone else. Will he be able to convince her he’s worth a shot? Will he be able to get over being hurt in the past? Only one way to tell.
Miranda didn’t expect for Jamie to show up at her house and give her the news that he’s her new landlord. Then when she runs into him again, she gets a shock. Will she be able to roll with the punches Jamie brings her way? One thing is for sure she won’t be able to deny Jamie.
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style- 5/5
Overall-5/5
Profile Image for Elsie.
556 reviews
Prepare to Fall in Love! I know I did ❤️

"Some people we are destined to meet and they become a tether, to a time, a place, to a feeling and I know he’s that for me."

This book is beautiful, I feel like it's just what I needed to read. Zero drama and an amazing Happily Ever After.

Jamie is the vivid description of not judging a book by it's cover. We met him at Desperately Seeking Roommate and we all thought he was mean. Miranda is Lou's best friend. A happy, sure about herself and sweet girl. She and Jamie decide to take their relationship to the next level, little by little and what we get it's a beautiful couple.

"Jamie is my favorite type of art, one molded and crafted by time, circumstances, and sheer determination. His soul is the heartbeat of my existence."

'If I’m not touching her or kissing her I feel lost. She grounds me. It’s like all this time I’ve barely been tethered to the earth. I was missing that one last, final piece, and it’s her."

This book also have amazing secondary characters, specially Tobias. Prepare to be amazed and to fall in love with this family.
Profile Image for Wendy.
900 reviews11 followers
September 21, 2019
When I found out that Miranda was getting a book I was excited. However when it was revealed that Jamie would be the hero I was a little hesitant. I wasn’t a fan of his in Desperately Seeking Roommate and I didn’t think Micalea could redeem him. But that just shows how great of a writer Micalea is. By the end of this book I was in love with Jamie. Miranda and Jamie had that deep connection but neither was willing to admit it. When the denial couldn’t happen any longer it was something special. I loved seeing the progression of their relationship. It was sweet, fun, and loving. They were total opposites in every way but it worked. We learned something early on about Jamie and I think that is where the tide turned for me. Jamie changed in my mind and I just couldn’t get enough of him. I really adored him. Miranda is a riot and she made the book. I loved her attitude and spirit. I wish I could be like her in a way. And of course it was wonderful seeing Abel and Lou again. They’re cute. Overall this was a lovely story with fantastic characters, a great storyline, and wonderful writing.
Profile Image for Natasha.
699 reviews16 followers
5 massive star read.
This can be read as a standalone but I would reccomend reading Desperately Seeking Roommate first so that you get a feel for the characters.
I have to say when I first read Desperately Seeking Roommate (the book before this one) I didn't expect to love Jamie's story as much as I did. In fact I actually hated Jamie in the other book. The glimpses we got of him he was horrible and I was actually quite worried going into this book as I had no clue how I would feel towards him. But actually I think he's one of my favourite characters, even more then Abel who I adored, Jamie just found a special place in my heart that surprised me. Miranda was the perfect woman for him and I absolutly adored watching the two of them grow thorughout the book both together and seperatly. I'm actually gutted that their stories over I just wanted to keep reading and reading.
This author is amazing at what she does. Just a brilliant addictive read, I didn't want it to end. I can't wait to see what she wrotes next.
Profile Image for Elizabeth.
20 reviews
Ten Stars.....Amazing!

I typically read a book, mark it as read, give it a star rating and continue on my day. I am not great with words and I don't want to taint the perfection of what is written in these books. Today, I can not help myself. I just have to write one.

I fell in love with Desperately Seeking Roomate. It was perfect, real, and made me laugh out loud. It made me want to buy walkie talkies!

When I learned about the release of Desperately Seeking Landlord, I was excited. I waited and waited for the paperback purchase link. The book arrived last Sunday. I held back and continued reading my TBR pile. Delayed gratification for a book lover. I was afraid I would love it so much and then it would be over. It happened.

Miranda and Jaime's story did not dissapoint: it was funny and entertaining. How an author can make you understand, appreciate, and love a character you've already been trained to hate is pure talent.
I enjoyed the life lessons and self help woven through.

I'll be rereading this many times.
Profile Image for Amy.
765 reviews18 followers
December 7, 2019
I gotta say I'm surprised with this book. Desperately Seeking Roommate wasn't my favorite book by Micalea, and I wasn't sure how much I was going to like a book about Lou's outrageous friend Miranda and her asshole of a landlord Jamie. But man oh man I loved this book.
It really surprised me how different this seemed from Micalea's other books, especially lately. It seems like instead of a slow burn with tons of drama, I got a fast, hot, and heavy book that got straight to the damn point. That was a breath of fresh air.
I loved the age gap. I loved that Miranda brought out the fun side of Jamie, and that Jamie helped me to see that Miranda wasn't the annoying best friend I found her to be in Lou's book. There story tugged at all my heart strings. Even with how sweet it was, you still get the naughty bits too.
Loved, would recommend over and over again.
P.S. I received an ARC in exchange of an honest review.
Profile Image for Marina Skinner.
1,430 reviews41 followers
September 21, 2019
I have only read one other book by this author and was dying to read this one!
Well I have to say this book is so worth reading, you will laugh, maybe shed some tears, swoon and sigh as well!
This book was absolutely amazing! Miranda and James are meant to be, but they have a bit of a road ahead of them! All in good, finding out about each other, fun!
This was definitely a book that will leave you smiling! It has beautiful friendships and family! So much going for it, Ill just say read it!
I really loved Miranda, talk about saying things like they are, her friends Lou and Tanner are a hoot.
James doesn’t show much of himself to others but Miranda makes him want to and what you learn about him, you wouldn’t think he’d be the way he is! Surprises and good feelings all around for this great read! Loved it to bits!
Profile Image for Sami.
120 reviews5 followers
September 26, 2019
Going in I was a little unsure about how I would feel with Jamie being our hero, after meeting him in the previous book. He came across as a rude asshole.
Well I shouldn't have worried, Micalea worked her worst magic and really showed me, behind his cold-hearted front was a beautiful soul doing his best to raise his adorable son Toby and protect his heart.
Miranda was awesome, so strong in her self belief and confidence and such a fun loving women. The two together really evened each other out and add Toby in and it was a great little family dynamic.
Low angst and low drama, with some seriously sexy times and some cute fun times left for a wonderfully well rounded read.
I also love the extended epilogue at the end to give us a check in on their HEA.
September 25, 2019
Boooom !!! Shes done it again!!!

Seriously how do you turn a grade a jerk into,,,,,,well ,,,,,,that?????
Jamie is everything and more......swoon 😍

We go into this book utterly convinced jamie is an absolute jerk, but what we find is someone completely different hes built up so many walls over the years due to a heartbreaking past its understandable hes who he is ,until the amazing Miranda sees through these walls and looks at the real Jamie.
Oh how i love this girl she had me laughing so hard and her confidence is perfect i loved how the relationship between them grew and how perfect the characters are together.
Fantastic story with a fun and witty set of characters really looking forward to more from these ( fingers crossed because you know tanner and all the kids need stories )
Profile Image for Sharon.
1,576 reviews13 followers
September 22, 2019
If you're looking for a great, funny yet romantic read, this is the one you need to read! 5 stars for this one! Grab it asap!
Meet Miranda, final year of college, just trying to get through life. When her former hookup Jamie knocks on her door, she's wondering what the heck hes doing here, when she hasn't seen him in months, he announces that he's her new landlord....That's when the fun begins!
If you read Desperately Seeking Roommate, you're going to love this! Micalea's writing is great, the antics and shenanigans she's comes up with with have you cracking up, and then when she throws the romance angle at you, you will swoon! Grab this one and enjoy!
Profile Image for Lisa Lou.
247 reviews5 followers
September 25, 2019
Omg i never thought i would say these words " i love jamie so much" i was not expecting him to be completely different to how he actually portrays himself. Jamie is an amazing man that has built walls to protect himself from being hurt again but they are not strong enough to keep Miranda from bulldozing her way through them.

I've loved Miranda from the start, she's sweet, loyal, loving and funny. Miranda and Jamie's relationship is steamy and endearing. I couldn't get enough of them and sweet little Toby made this story extra special.

Another incredible book by Micalea, beautifully written as usual and flowed lovely.
Profile Image for Renee Entress.
4,972 reviews69 followers
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, secrets, and heartbreak.

This is Miranda and Jamie’s story. Jamie broke something in Miranda’s heart when things ended between them and she hits him when he comes to her door. Too bad she can’t get rid of him that easily as he is her landlord. She must deal with him. He is determined to win her over, but will he be able to? Or will she use everything she can to push him away?

I loved these characters and the side characters. I felt I could connect with the characters and the story was a great read.

I highly recommend this book.
Profile Image for Dana Busenbark.
2,339 reviews24 followers
September 28, 2019
Oh…. This should be interesting!!! We get to read Miranda's story! We get to see what actually transpired between her and Jamie I hope. Holy smokes!!!! I did not expect what I learned about Jamie in this book! MIND BLOWN!!!!!!!!!! Oh, Lord help me!! I kept setting off my asthma from all the laughing with this book! I did not like Shannon. I adored Tobias and Mama Jo. This was a sweet rom-com of a book. Especially the ghost incident!! Jamie is such a pushover!

RECEIVED THIS BOOK AS A GIFT FOR A FAIR/HONEST REVIEW and REVIEWER FOR Bloggin' With M. Brennan.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 123 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.