Start by marking “Even Tree Nymphs Get the Blues (Mystic Bayou, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Even Tree Nymphs Get the Blues (Mystic Bayou, #2.5)

Even Tree Nymphs Get the Blues

(Mystic Bayou #2.5)

Listening Length: 3 hours and 3 minutes

A hilarious new standalone novella brimming with otherworldly charm from the reigning queen of paranormal romantic comedy Molly Harper!

Ingrid Asher is the newest resident of Mystic Bayou, a tiny town hidden in the swamp where shapeshifters, vampires, witches and dragons live alongside humans.

Ingrid doesn’t ask for much. The solitary t
Audible Audio, Unabridged, 3 pages
Published June 6th 2019 by Audible Studios

Start your review of Even Tree Nymphs Get the Blues (Mystic Bayou, #2.5)
Anniken Haga
Jun 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
Ok, I'm having real trouble on how to rate this.
For, in general, the story was ok. Sure, it was a romance and didn't really have any other plot points - other than some character growth - which is usually not my cup of tea, but the book was free and short, so not really a problem.
My problem is the representation.

For, to me, it seem the author thought: ''I want to write a book about nymphs, but that's been done so many times before, so I just go to google... hmmm...hmmm... there! I just take t
angela
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I rate this 4.5 stars. It was a great shorter story, about a tree nymph and a scientist falling for each other. After some misunderstandings. As with the other books, so far the gang was in this book also. I enjoy that the original characters are in each book and in each book one or two characters are added. It’s nice having those characters that I came to love and understand, keeping each book consistent.
Jilly
Ever meet a person and they point out their significant other and all you can think is, "really?"
Like, why are these two people who are so obviously unsuited together? Or, sometimes, for me, there are those times when you meet a person who is young but for some reason decided to go ahead and dress and act like a senior citizen and cut out all the bullshit of youth. Then, you find out they are married or have someone who is actually sexually attracted to them and you start to wonder what the hell
Maria Dimitrova
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: urban-fantasy
This was my first time trying Audible's Originals and while it was a pleasant story there was much to be desired when it comes to character and plot development. Though it's probably due to length constrains, everything felt rushed and the characters were rather one dimensional.
Cori
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'm a sucker for fantasy, and frankly, July's other picks from Audible Original mostly sucked. So I chose Molly Harper's novella for a short road-trip listen.

A couple caveats:
1) I read some other reviews and knew to go into this with no anticipation of an in-depth storyline or complex characters. It's a fantasy romance. Nothing more. Nothing less.
2) I've come to set my bar low for Audible Originals. With the exception of Rivals: Frenemies Who Changed the World and Christmas Eve, 1914, I've be
☕️Kimberly
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ingrid Asher is the newest resident of Mystic Bayou and the opening scene to this tale was hilarious. Ingrid is a tree nymph. She is socially awkward and untrusting around humans, others and in particular, the League. She’s bought a farm, and a local business where she plans to open a creamery.

Rob Aspern, head of the League’s data science department is also Ingrid’s neighbor. Whenever he is around her he becomes socially inept and quite frankly it was hilarious. Ingrid who is suspicious of every
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Even Tree Nymphs Get the Blues is a short novella in the Mystic Bayou series by Molly Harper and narrated by Amanda Ronconi and Jonathan Davis.

Ingrid is our Tree Nymph. She’s felt the pull of the Rift and has finally deiced to head it’s call. She plans to raise cows and open a creamery. She’s leery of human males; because she was once hurt by one.

Rob is a League scientist. He’s attracted and drawn to Ingrid, but he knows he needs to go slow. Yet his attempts at wooing Ingrid push her further aw
Melindam
2,5 stars

The background (quirky magical town in the Bayou area of Lousiana) and the set of secondary characters were totally nice, but the female MC was just MEH and the supposed chemistry between her and her love interest was non-existent. The poor guy really deserved a break... or prrferably someone else.

As a tree nymph, MC Ingrid just gives new dimemsions to the term "wooden".
And with wooden, I really mean "stiff and unnatural; without spirit". The touch-me-not/woe-is-me and the total lack
Stacey is Sassy
This Tree Nymph was really blue...

I enjoyed this short little trip back to Mystic Bayou and catching up with that crazy gang of shifters. I did find the heroine a little odd and she seemed very cranky and rude for most of the story. The hero was way too sweet for her but I understood the effort he went to considering she was one of his first crushes.

The narrators do a good job and I found them very easy to listen to.

The mayor is still my favourite character in this series and every mention puts
aarya
Excellent audio narration and worldbuilding, but the hero did something incredibly misguided/annoying toward the end. Ugh. Will look into the rest of the series in audio form; Amanda Ronconi and Jonathan Davis are great.
Lover of Romance
This was such a lovely story and I really loved getting another addition to this series into the Mystic Bayou. This is probably one of my favorite settings I have read in romance. I just love it so much and this was a charming addition. Now I will be honest in that this book might not be for everyone. It is much shorter and the heroine is a bit off putting at times and I really struggled with her attitude towards our hero. Once you get the full story in her past, you find more understanding but ...more
Lindsay
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
I like the progression in this series. Mystic Bayou is a town in Louisiana that is near a magic rift which is growing more and more powerful. The town has always attracted magical creatures (who make up about half the town), but the rift is growing so powerful that humans who live there are becoming magical as well.

In this one, Ingird Asher arrives in Mystic Bayou with the intention of opening a business there. She's a tree nymph, or hulder from Scandinavian myth. She's deeply scarred from event
MrsJoseph *grouchy*
Soooo.

So far, it's ok but boring. I'm not a fan of either narrator. The woman sounds more often snarky than not. The man flips back and forth between sounding like he's asking questions or giving radio announcements.

Not a fan of the "mystery" around Ingrid's past which mostly feels like a way to extend a nonexistent plotline.

Not a fan of the whole "well they are tall and beautiful with blue eyes and blonde hair so I must be attracted to them" vibe that's going on here, either.

But it was free!

__
♥Rachel♥
I didn't read the previous stories in the series, but I don't think it's necessary to enjoy this one. Like a lot of Molly Harper's stories this was light, sweet, and a bit slapstick funny in parts. Liked that the heroine was a tree nymph, a supernatural creature I've never read about before. Ingrid was guarded, but likable and pretty funny in parts. Rob was just an all-around sweetheart.

Amanda Ronconi's performance is always a treat, both male and female voices were spot on. I liked her the acc
Montzalee Wittmann
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even Free Nymphs get the Blues by Molly Harper, narrated by Amanda Ronconi and Jonathan Davis, is a funny, witty book with supernatural creatures. Wonderful storyline, characters, and humor. Definitely want to listen to more in this series.
Narration was great!
Abby
Mar 02, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute

Really like Rob as a hero! The female and male friendships in these books are so great and funny! I love the interactions between Zed and Bael!
Aaryn Flott
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: disappointed, dnf, adult
Read this book as one of my free audible originals for the month. Like the concept but not the execution.
Jenny Baker
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, audiobooks, fantasy
Thank goodness this Audible was free as one of the monthly Originals. The narration is nice, but I didn't care for the story.
Cyndi
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Handsome human mathematician meets lovely mysterious tree nymph. Sprinkle in lots of romance, lots of funny and add a bit of angst and you have the winning combination Molly Harper can turn out.
Our heroine trusted a human once and gave him her heart, along with her secrets. That didn't turn out well. Now she has settled in Mystic Falls and opens an ice cream shoppe. I heartily approve!
Our hero is the handsome geek who is amazed by the occupants of the small magical town. He quickly becomes mo
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4 Stars / 1 Steam Fan

Just a quick, fun, and sweet addition to the folks living in Mystic Bayou.

This specific video review will be included in the August 2019 wrap-up.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
It took me a really long time to finish this book. That’s not usually the case for me with this author. I didn’t connect with the characters enough to care about the story. Then the male narrator did great male voices but his main female character voice left a lot to be desired. This was a total miss for me.
Just Josie
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
I have read a few books from Molly Harper I highly enjoyed. I am still very new to audio, but this one really piqued my interest, and I thought, it’s Harper- why not, right?

Sadly, I couldn’t get into it. It still had Harper’s highly funny vibe to it, and yet I was kinda bored. The plot was just a little boring compared to what I normally associate with Harper.

I do think the narrators did quite a good job, the pace was nice, but I didn’t feel like I wanted to be listening to finish the story.

R
Sun Young Park
Jun 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: audible
I’m sorry... but it’s not worth it. I hate writing bad reviews but this audiobook was terrible.

First: the presentation was 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻 so horribly done. The characters were portrayed so differently by the two narrators, it was difficult to tell which character was which during dialogues, and what bothered me most was how the delivery of the words never seemed right. For example, when Amanda Ronconi (narrator of Ingrid) was narrating Rob’s dialogues, I could barely stand to keep listening to it be
Lily
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: f-m-romance, dnf, shifters
DNF 18%. I honestly only downloaded this cause it was free. But I couldn't stand the guy's voice. Its like something was stuck in his throat. Not sexy. And for a nymph with dreams of opening up a creamery for the love of ice cream she was extraordinarily boring. Perhaps too much exposition at the start? I might have cared more if the MC's showed some personality instead of giving dull explanations and summaries.
Beth
A sweet, funny UF about a wood nymph named Ingrid who retreats to a small town in Louisiana to start a creamery and ice cream shop. The UF and PNR I've read have had a decent amount of violence and death and/or sex, but this one has none of that. Ingrid even has female friends to have "girls' nights" with. What is this?! The worst thing that happens is a misunderstanding between Ingrid and Rob, and that's cleared up without a lot of heartbreak. A cozy story all around.

My partner and I listened t
Stacie
Nov 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
I listened to this some time ago. It was a free Audible book. I liked it. Kinda short cute and sweet.
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
********* AUDIOBOOK REVIEW *********

Really, I've never read or listened to another Molly Harper book. I thought this one sounded adorable and just could not pass it up! I was right in my adorable assumption. Now I keep thinking I need to go back and listen to the other books in the series. I'm not one who generally listens to stories about paranormal happenings with mythical creatures but this quick little bite tickled my fanciful side. I haven't read or listened to the previous 2 books in the s
Teri-K
Jun 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
I'm glad this audio book was free, because I was super disappointed in it. The series is quirky and fun and the narrators are amazing. This novella was dull, dull, dull and the woman's attempt at a Scandinavian accent was terrible. (I'm no expert on accents but this one just sounded awful to me.) Nothing happens in this "story", there's no conflict, forward motion or anything approaching a plot. I suspect the bones of this came from a character sketch or were deleted from another manuscript beca ...more
Carvanz
Audiobook: Narrators - Amanda Ronconi and Jonathan Davis

Great job with the characters as always by these two amazing narrators. We do miss some of the Cajun twang considering Zed and Bael are not in this book as much. But the heroine Ingrid has a Swedish accent, and while it’s not near as entertaining as the other characters these narrators are able to bring to life, it was still very well done. FYI: The difference in her voice between male/female narrator was much more defined which took me out
Jun 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Fun, short listen. I would’ve like more.

• Rivals! Frenemies Who Changed the World (Rivals!, #1)
  • Black Crow, White Snow
  • The Adventures of Tom Stranger, Interdimensional Insurance Agent (Tom Stranger, Interdimensional Insurance Agent, #1)
  • Jukebox Joyride
  • The Conception of Terror: Tales Inspired by M. R. James - Volume 1
  • The Mystery of Alice
  • The Sisters (Cormac Reilly, #0.5)
  • The Christmas Pact
  • Wally Roux, Quantum Mechanic
  • A Grown-Up Guide to Dinosaurs
  • The Darkwater Bride
  • The Dead Drink First
My mother remembers an 8-year-old me setting up my “writing office” in our living room by putting her old manual typewriter on the couch next to a toy phone. And I (very slowly) pecked out the story of my third-grade class taking a trip around the world and losing a kid in each city.

I had a dark sense of humor, even then.

In high school, when other girls my age were writing poems about dying unicor

Mystic Bayou (5 books)
  • How to Date Your Dragon (Mystic Bayou, #1)
  • Love and Other Wild Things (Mystic Bayou, #2)
  • Selkies are a Girl's Best Friend (Mystic Bayou, #3)
  • Always Be My Banshee (Mystic Bayou, #4)

News & Interviews