Start by marking “Tabloid (Dirty Laundry #1)” as Want to Read:
Tabloid (Dirty Laundry #1)

Tabloid (Dirty Laundry #1)

1 gossip writer + 1 A-list movie star = 1 fake relationship…or does it?

After breaking a story that rocks Hollywood, Talia is the top gossip writer around. One night will put all of that into question. The writer becomes the story when she gets caught doing the walk of shame from A-lister Zee Jaxon’s home.

To save both of their reputations he suggests a fake relationship. Pr
Published May 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Tabloid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tabloid

Start your review of Tabloid (Dirty Laundry #1)
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
***ARC provided by the Author***

2.5 Stars

I loved the blurb of this title, and I was really interested in watching a gossip columnist try to navigate the world she has reported on.

Talia seemed a little one dimensional to me, and the main thing about her personality seemed to be her weight, and the comments that people make about it. I had a tough time with this, or finding it funny as it really felt cruel.

Zee was well-developed and interesting. I felt like I got to know him, and that there was s
Halo Roberts
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a tale of an action hero and a tabloid webspinner

This was a fun read, it started as a lighthearted society column style jaunt, and morphed into deeper and more difficult issues. Some good humor, nice heat, good character development.
Stephanie Ditmore
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG! What an amazing read. This is a new to me author and I just loved this book. Talia the tabloid queen broke a hot story that involved her brothers best friend Zeke, the man she's despised almost her whole life and when the tables got turned on her and she becomes the gossip Zeke has a proposition for her to save them both. Talia is a beautiful woman, she's curvy and voluptuous and little does she know that Zeke has harbored feelings for her for quite a while and he's fighting to keep his han ...more
Veron
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A good story but the hero could have been developed and fleshed out. He was left to be two dimensional with no more feelings other than questionable love for the heroine. His own family drama was brushed under the carpet and brought back to her treatment.

Grammar was an issue for me in this book. Commas were scattered around like confetti, in that they landed in the most unlikely places and not where they were required.

I think this author as a lot of potential and will keep an eye out in the fu
Mindy McCray
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great debut book from new author Jackie Paxson!

I wasn't sure what to expect going in but I was left wanting more! I didn't want to put this book down. There was many unexpected moments throughout. Overall a great read! I can't wait for more in this series!!
Anne Milne
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Movie star and gossip writer is a match made in tabloid heaven. This was a fun at times sweet story to read. Talia and Zeke have known each other for years and it shows in their dialogue with each other. They have an antagonistic relationship with each other. I really like the back and forth banter between them, it helps the reader understand them a bit better and it made me laugh. Zeke is the typical Hollywood star. He's the life and soul of any party whereas Talia shuns the spotlight.
Joanna
Jul 12, 2019 rated it liked it
“‘No one notices me. That’s what has made me good at my job.’
Zeke stared at her. ‘I’ve always noticed you, Lia.’”

The premise of this story really drew my attention. A gossip columnist, an A-list movie star, and a fake relationship. Bring it on! When I started reading I was surprised to find the story also included the enemies-to-lovers trope and I’m a sucker for those.

I enjoyed both of the main characters. Talia Walker and Zeke Rogers (Zee Jaxon for all the movie star fans) have known each other
Cassandra
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended read- sass and whole lot fun

This is an enemies-to- lovers fun read. The dialogue is clever and snarky humor. I loved Zeke and Talia’s story. They have a complicated relationship knowing each other for so long ‘oil and water with the right ingredients make brownies’.
Sara Oxton
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tabloid by Jackie Paxson a five-star read that will make you see lights. This is the first novel in the Dirty Laundry series and I cant wait for the next story, I didn’t know what to think of this story as I hadn’t seen anything by the author before, but I am a luddite and I love the cover so I figured what the heck give it a go and I am so glad I did. It blew me away, I was sobbing like a crazy person at times and my heart broke for Talia, she really was put through the ringer. I wanted to shak ...more
Megan
Jul 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book!!! I loved Talia and Zeke so much. As much as I loved them all the side characters (well except a few) were great as well. I was laughing so much during this read!! As much as I laughed I also caught the feels too. Talia is a very relatable character. I could very much identify with some of her insecurities. The only thing that I had a hard time with is that it is written In third person. I probably would of finished it faster if it was in first. I personally find book ...more
Elvira
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What sets off a fake relationship is the walk of shame. I found both Talia and Zee’s characters to be likable from the start. The storyline flowed smoothly from beginning to the end.

Jennifer Christensen
I can't say how much I loved this book!

You know it's a great book when you get so caught up in the characters that you laugh, then cry, and then your laughing again! I so loved how well the author developed the characters! It's not like I've ever met any Hollywood star, but Jackie Paxson made it so that you feel you know her characters in and out. You love them, or love to hate them, and you just can't possibly stop turning the pages. The Gossip Queen and the Hunk of Hollywood make such a wonder
Danielle Melo
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hooked

Talia a curvy, outspoken gossip journalist leaks that Zee Jaxon an A-List celebrity's fiance may have something going on with Zee's publicist. It can only go down hill from here right?
Zee or Zeke as Talia calls him have known each other a long time, Zeke is best friends with Talia's brother Rex. Zeke stages Talia walking out of his house in a compromising manner to get Talia to see being on the front line of tablois isn't all fun and games.
Zeke propositions Talia to be his fake girlfrien
Wendy Livingstone
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For a debut novel this is an amazing story which is well written and flawless, and this is certainly an author to look out for in the future. Talia is a gossip writer, and she scoops the dirt on her brothers’ best friend A-Lister Zeke. When the tables are turned on Talia taking the walk of shame, Zeke comes up with a fake relationship to protect both of their reputations. This story is filled with witty banter, explosive chemistry, and is an all round entertaining read. I was totally captivated ...more
Melissa Parnell
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this debut story. The banter is great and the storyline kept me coming back for more. I thought the characters were great and I loved how Zeke knew what he wanted and went for it. I felt the writing style was a little short, but it did not keep me from enjoying it. I did have some trouble with the body shaming, but that was partly because it was real and relatable and definitely hit home. I am so looking forward to reading more from this author.
Karen
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jackie Paxton has outdone herself!! I was cursing up a storm at Zee and how he treated Talia, wanted to put him in front of the firing squad. My emotions were like a roller coaster, hate, love and heartbreak and I couldn’t put this book down. I loved the LOL moments throughout the book which made me chuckle and especially loved the ending. Fantastic work Jackie, you have a new fan!!
kathy james
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book

I enjoyed the book got straight to the point. It was a cute fun read!!! I’d highly recommend this book.
Carol Vincent
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. Its a little like a roller coaster. You laugh and you cry, but when you get to the end you're happy.
Karine
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF

Urgent need of editing. Weird inexplicable gap between chapters.
Stupid acts from side characters.

Nope! Not for me !
Jelaina Jones
Mar 23, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: signed
Solid 3.5 stars for this debut novel. I truly enjoyed the array of characters that Paxon is able to bring to life, and it had a solid plot and story the whole way through. It was a cute read from start to finish and I was pleasantly happy to find that our heroine wasn't the typical Hollywood A-lister. I loved the witty Chapter headings, though I'm still not sure what the "Thinkin' Stick" is... (really, a super cringe-worthy euphemism!) and the banter back and forth between the characters was gre ...more
Luisa Rivas
Jul 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I love Hollywood stories, especially when a gorgeous actor falls for a plain woman. In this case, Talia was not only plain but also overweight. She was a brilliant writer who was wasting her talent in a gossip magazine. Zeke Rogers, famous for his Defender hero movies, was also her twin brother’s best friend and they all grew up together in Georgia.

One night Talia was waiting for her date and she happened to see Zeke’s fiancé in a romantic date with Zeke’s agent. She reported it in her gossip ma
Jennifer Pierson
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Talia is a top gossip writer around because as she puts it, she blends in around the Hollywood scene. Zee Jaxon is a Hollywood A-Lister, and frankly, kind of an a-hole in my opinion, but they grew up together, so when she breaks a story that messes with him, she can't blend in at his party, and he makes sure that when she's doing a "walk of shame" from his place that everyone knows about it, so it affects her career. Now, she needs him to play pretend relationship with, so she moves in with him ...more
Jelaina Jones
Thia book is a solid 3.5 stars. I enjoyed reading it. The witty humor, the banter back and forth between characters,and a non-typical heroine made for a fun and entertaining read. Talia was adorably clumsy and unlucky in love. She was so relatable and you just ached for her. As a girl who has always struggled with my weight, I was subjected to those bullies in HS too. However, I found myself wishing sometimes that Lia were a bit more, "muchier," to quote the Mad Hatter. She was terrified of ever ...more
Emily Goodman
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jackie Paxson reeled me in with her synopsis of a Hollywood movie star and a gossip rag writer falling in love with Tabloid, her new release. Tabloid is set to be the first in Paxson’s Dirty Laundry series. In this book, Paxson features a false, make-believe relationship that turns into something unexpectedly more.

Talia and Zeke couldn’t be more opposite. He’s hot, flirty and famous. She’s behind the scenes, voluptuous, but an ordinary girl who happens to have a knack for exposing celebrities d
Ga Books LoverX
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I will start by saying that I enjoyed this book and liked the overall plot of girl met boy years ago because he is girl's brother's best friend and they all grew up together. Girl has been put through the ringer because she is not a size zero and has really taken hits on it. Boy grows up to be super famous and a bit of a jerk. There were just a few moments where it was a lot to take in.

The writing style was extremely humorous and I liked a lot of the situations that the characters were in, but t
Serena Worker
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Going on a date that never shows up, Talia sees the opportunity for a story, she works for The Dirty Laundry and always had a way of being in the right place at the right time. It didn’t matter that the story was about Zeke Jaxon’s fiancé and Zee was her brothers’ best friend, she hated him.
After attending a party, she never thought she would be the gossip everyone was talking about, having no idea what happened, then seeing the news and Zee saying it’s serious but complicated between them.
She k
Becky Wise
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tabloid is a fabulous read. I love Talie's tell it how it is attitude. She will have giggling and full on laughing out loud throughout the read. You also feel for her in many ways to but I will leave it to you to discover that. As for Zee aka Zeke, one version of him I really liked the other not so much. This Hollywood actor is more then he seems. Even his friends I loved but hated. There are a few swoonworthy moments when it comes to Zeke. Being old friends Zeke and Talie have a lot of chemistr ...more
Rellim
Audible.

This was my first book by Jackie Paxson and I enjoyed it. An interesting mix of several tropes: frenemies-to-lovers, celebrity, and best friend’s sister told entirely from Talia’s POV. The was some sex, but this was heavy on the actual relationship. Excellent world building and we got to know many secondary characters I hope we’ll see in future books.

Honestly, what probably held this back from being 5 stars was the need for a beta reader or editor. There were several times where things
Ashlee  Turf *Rabid Readers Book Blog*
This was such a good read. It was a fast and easy read from start to finish. The story was amazing and unique. Talia is a writer for a gossip column and Zeke an actor. A fake relationship, what could go wrong? I don’t know why but it’s a guilty pleasure of mine when it comes to the stories with fake relationships. It’s like a hallmark movie, you know what’s going to happen but you still love it. The bumps in the road in this story work with everything and it flows really well. I loved the charac ...more
Amy Stephens
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love something different from the ordinary and that's exactly what Jackie Paxson did with her latest, Tabloid.

Talia is one of those characters you can't get enough of. Known as the queen of gossip, I fell into this story line and didn't want to stop until the end. I needed to know what was going to happen with her and Zeke and their "fake relationship." Zeke was one of those guys you either loved or hated him and I kind of went back and forth. Don't get me wrong, his character made for a perf
Book Reviews & P...: Review Request of a fun summer read 1 3 Jun 05, 2019 05:51PM

• Beautifully Damaged (Shine Design, #1)
  • Until Talon (Until Her/Him #9)
  • For the Fight (Elite SWAT #1)
  • The Dark Truth (Hell Hounds Harem, #2)
  • The Eyes of Tamburah (Archives of the Invisible Sword, #1)
  • Restless Spirit (Hell Hounds Harem, #1)
  • Kiss My Cupcake
  • Landon & Shay: Part One (L&S Duet, #1)
  • Iron Crowne
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men Duet #2)
  • Hatemates
  • The Kingmaker (All the King's Men Duet, #1)
  • Lies
  • Any Day Now (SWAT Generation 2.0, #8)
  • Wait For Me
  • Lip Smacker
  • Fallen Saint (All The Pretty Things, #2)
I am a new author with my debut book Tabloid. It is the first in the Dirty Laundry series. I am currently working on the second book in the series.

I am the single mom of an eight year old and 3yr old golden retriever mix.

My blog, The Book Maven, has been going for seven years.