Start by marking “Breaking Badly” as Want to Read:
Breaking Badly

Breaking Badly

At 24, life was good for Georgie Dent. After graduating with top marks she had landed her dream job at a prestigious Sydney law firm and moved in with a boyfriend she adored. She had the world at her feet and no right to break. But she did. Badly.

Within a year Georgie was unemployed, back living with her parents and suffering such crippling anxiety that she ended up in a p
Published May 28th 2019 by Affirm Press

To ask other readers questions about Breaking Badly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking Badly

Jen
Jun 10, 2019 added it
I find it impossible to give really honest memoirs ‘a rating’, unless they’re horrible or self indulgent, but this book is excellent. So well written and relatable for me and about 25 women I know (I’d estimate, at least). It’s also incredibly self aware which was so refreshing. I’ll be lending this to anyone who is interested and encouraging them to read. I enjoyed it even more for being able to relate so closely to the content.
Edward
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an exceptionally courageous book. The author unabashedly describes in detail her battle with anxiety and depression and the related physical problems related to her mental health issues. Her courage in dealing with her problems and not being afraid to chase her dreams and deal with the reality of a career that made her unhappy is a terrific story. Really well done, Georgie.
Sadishika
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book may well help anyone suffering from anxiety, and provides a useful perspective on the strengths of cognitive behavioural therapy.
Jacki (Julia Flyte)
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fascinating memoir by an Australian journalist who was so crippled by anxiety and depression in her mid 20s that she lost the ability to function and ended up in a psychiatric hospital. It began with her being diagnosed with Crohn's Disease and later with vertigo. Trying to hold down a high pressure job in a law firm with very real physical issues that she was unable to find relief from tipped her completely over the edge. As she blamed herself for her inability to cope, her mental health spir ...more
Melissa Riley
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I connected with this on so many levels. Georgie's struggle with chronic illness, anxiety, and depression was visceral. I found the 'pace' slowed down in the middle but as a memoir, it would be hard to change the pace of her life! I highly recommend for people that need to see how people cope and overcome their mental illness.
Jess Cole
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great read for anyone in a professional job who worries they're 'not coping'.
Melissa
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was one of the most authentic and interesting memoirs I have read. Very well written. I could not put it down!
Cara
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gulped this down on a plane in one sitting. I’m a bit biased because I know Georgie but her writing is so honest and compelling.
Victoria
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The only critique is that i wish there was more to read. Highly recommend for anyone who has experience anxiety.
Rosie Hunt
Jul 03, 2019 rated it liked it
A compelling read that will strike a chord with many people. I liked the structure and Dent has an engaging voice.
Mia Somerville
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t know I needed this book until I read it. Raw and honest.
Kate Stirling