Start by marking “Inferno (Flashpoint #4)” as Want to Read:
Inferno (Flashpoint #4)

Inferno

(Flashpoint #4)

US Embassy Officer Kaylea Halpert needs a date for a black tie event at a dangerous foreign national’s lavish home. Preferably someone with brains and brawn who can watch her back. Special Forces Sergeant Carlos Espinosa is more than happy to escort the beautiful, brilliant diplomat—who just might be a CIA case officer—to the party. Their night together only gets hotter wh ...more
Published June 14th 2019 by Janus Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Inferno, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inferno

Start your review of Inferno (Flashpoint #4)
Erth
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I want MORE MORE MORE from this author after this read, a novella that was part of the Flashpoint box set and now a separate book. The story had it all, steam, action, surprises, suspense, kick but characters that took no prisoners and a fast paced read that had me flipping the pages.
Special forces officer Carlos and Kaylea, a covert CIA operator get entangled in a mess that if they don’t get out of could mean a lot of trouble for the U.S. and could cost their lives.
I LOVED LOVED LOVED the easy
JoAn
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Inferno by Rachel Grant is a novella set the Flashpoint world and was adrenaline packed from almost the beginning of the book.

Carlos and Kaylea have been interested in each other for several months. Kaylea finally gets a chance to get to know him better by requesting him as her "date" for an event at a lavish home of a foreign national. These two throw off sparks immediately and it doesn't take long for them to go all in. The plot was quickly paced but never lost any of the emphasis upon the pol
Lubnaa (Romance Library)
Inferno is a novella about Carlos Espinosa who is part of the Army Green Beret team stationed at Camp Citron in Djibouti. He gets paired up with the beautiful Kaylea Halpert, who is a CIA case officer and covert operator also stationed in Djibouti. When Kaylea is invited to a party being hosted by a suspicious Saudi businessman, she picks Carlos as her plus one...in case things go awry. And things do go awry. Understatement of the year haha.

After the pure excellency of the Flashpoint series, it
Anita
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing

INFERNO
This novella ends the Teams time in Djibouti, Africa, with a bang, make that two bangs, big ones. The story is sweet, the romance is hot and the baddies get what's coming to them. All necessary elements fro a great story and this one is a great story.

Special Forces Sergeant Carlos Espinosa is counting the days left on his Team's deployment at Camp Citron in Djibouti, Afr
Annika
This was a fast-paced romantic suspense and kind of typical for the genre. It didn't offer any surprising or new - well part from the setting; Djibouti, which was a nice change of pace. The minus however you never really felt like you were there. Based on the descriptions (or lack there of) and a complete lack of sense of place this book could be set anywhere.
On the plus side it was narrated by the one and only Greg Tremblay so it wasn't a complete loss.
Christa Schönmann Abbühl
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Short, hot and sweet. An action packed novella to end the series on a high note, with another strong and capable women and a man who is not diminished by her - quite the opposite.
Caz
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I gave this a B+ at AAR, so that's 4.5 stars. For some reason, I forgot to post this review when the book came out a few months back.

Rachel Grant’s recent Flashpoint series of romantic suspense novels set in and around the Horn of Africa is one of my favourites in the genre; fast-paced, action-packed, sexy and incredibly politically astute and informative, they’ve pretty much ruined me for all other romantic suspense stories!  So I may just have squeeed a little when I learned the series was
Sharon
Apr 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Action 4 stars, romance 2 stars. This was a nice addition to the Flashpoint series, but because it was a novella and not full length, it got RIGHT to it. When it comes to romance/sex, I find it makes less of an impact on a reader than if the characters have a chance to build at least a little relationship first. So the beginning was all intro information, then they get right to a big sex scene, which I wasn’t digging, BUT...

Once the action starts it was super fun. Kaleah is a CIA agent and is ve
Dawn
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Saucy while with action. This is a great novella of this series and I loved the characters. If you've read none of the other books this is a great teaser to get you interested in the series and is a quick read you can finish in a day or weekend.

I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Vikki Vaught
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lots of action in this book. Happy reading/listening!
Sally Mitchell
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Firstly, I would like to thank the author for getting me to love reading again, last few months I’ve been in a reading slump but with Inferno I read it in one go...and Loved it.

Thank you Rachel Grant.

Inferno was a gripping romantic suspense book and I adored Kaylea & Carlos!
I’ve read every book within this series, and Inferno was certainly my favourite, just wish it was longer, would love to see more of this couple!
The romance & suspense was a perfect balance, characters were strong & storyline
Cindy
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fast paced suspense that brings us back to Horn of Africa continuing the conspiracy that's been running through out the series. Along with the action and suspense their are smokin times a plenty between SF officer Carlos Espinosa and undercover CIA operative Kaylea Halper.

Charlene
Short, but steamy and action-packed! I've loved this entire series...highly recommend them. The narrator for these is excellent too.
Di
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED LOVED LOVED the easy
Nikki Brooks
Kaylea and Carlos have been circling each other for a while. They both felt the attraction but their jobs kinda precluded them from getting involved. But Kaylea needs backup at a social event with a possible terrorist sympathiser and Carlos jumps at the chance to be her escort.

Bu the glitzy get together soon dissolves into a passionate encounter between these BBB's - Beautiful/Brawny, Brainy Badasses! But when Carlos leaves to return to base the bad guys strike, Kaylea breaks her covert CIA cove
Marie (daffodilbookshelf)
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Inferno is a a fast paced, super steamy read about the "Craziest. First date. Ever."

This is a novella in the Flashpoint series but can easily be read as a standalone.

Kaylea is an embassy liaison/covert CIA operative and Carlos is a sergeant in the special forces stationed in Djibouti. When they attend a party at the estate of a local businessman with ties to the Russian Bratva, they are drawn into a terrorist trap to discredit the American forces.

This was a fun read! Kaylea is a real kick a$s he
Laura R
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I purchased this story as part the of 4 book set. While this story is shorter than the others, it is still jam packed with action, suspense, undeniable chemistry between Kaylea and Carlos, and spies. Kaylea is a very strong female character who is able to handle herself in most situations and has no issue with letting Carlos know that she is attracted to him and wants to spend the night with him. Carlos is pulled into pretending he has a relationship with Kaylea while investigating a bombing in ...more
Kirribilligirl
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
An excellent and exciting Novella.

I have loved the Flashpoint series. This was a quick dip back into the Horn of Africa and the political issues that play out in this area. Inferno is Kaylea and Carlos story. It was short, exciting and full of delicious chemistry.
What I enjoy about Ms Grant’s writing is her no nonsense approach to sex. So often sex is fast and furious and lust drives people. That was most definitely what drove these two once they connected. Sometimes wooing is fun and at times t
Patricia
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have loved this Flashpoint series as much as the Evidence series by Rachel Grant.

The detail Ms. Grant provides paints a complete picture and you really feel part of the story.
I have listened to all the books vs reading them and the Narrator - Greg Tremblay - does a phenomenal job. The character voices are just different enough and consistent throughout the story were it is not hard to tell who is speaking. His accents are spot on (to this untrained average reader).

I highly recommend this serie
Whispers From
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kaylea is a US Embassy officer and is invited to a Sheikh's party. Carlos is an engineer for the Green Berets A Team. She asks him to go with her and ends up spending the night. The next morning he is taken and Kaylea follows them. She rescues him but end up being caught anyway. They are held at the home of the Sheikh and unless they can find a way out, could be blown up with the house.
Short story with action and sex. Great series that will keep you reading until the very end.

* Read as part of
Erika
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great book

I loved the action, the banter and more importantly the fact that there was a strong capable heroine. It’s rare. Carlos was also great. A pure Alpha but respectful and sure enough of himself that he appreciated rather than felt threatened by her skills. My only issue is that the book finished on a wait and see note. I would have loved to have it go further and see how they make their relationship work without her or him having to give up their jobs. Looking forward to reading about the
Bernadette
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a first date!

A great little novella to supplement a great series. A roller coaster first date for Kayla and Carlos. An intense personal response to finally acknowledging their attraction for each other, combined with kidnapping, explosions, society events and saving lives and you have an interesting first date.
Some threads from previous stories work their way into this story. It is like watching ripples on a pond expand from a single point. The conclusion is satisfying, while leaving a doo
Susan
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! It’s well-written with wonderful characters and a great backdrop in the small, developing African nation of Djibouti. Carlos, or as we know him from the earlier books, Espi, has been an intriguing character with a great sense of humour and an eye for a pretty woman in the shape of Embassy employee Kaylea. Unbeknownst to all, Kaylea has also had her eye on Carlos, and when the two get together the sparks fly – between them and all around them! A very fast-paced and action-pack ...more
MorpheusZzz
I liked this story very much because it is an excellent example of an extremely capable woman (CIA agent) whose talents are showcased. She is admired and appreciated by her love interest. Although he is also highly skilled, she does most of the "saving" and he's just proud of her! This is a case of insta-love, but their immediate bond is made believable by what they go through together.

The audio narrator, Greg Tremblay, is quite a linguist and masters both male/female voices as well as multiple
‘Sup?
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5*

I love Rachel Grant and have thoroughly enjoyed her Flashpoint military RS series, so when the novella, INFERNO, came on my radar, I jumped at the chance to read it even though I’m usually not a huge fan of novellas. But Ms. Grant nails it: by having had INFERNO’s hero and heroine, A-team demolitions expert (and suave Latin lover) Sgt. Carlos Espinosa and US Embassy employee (and kickass undercover CIA operator) Kaylea Halpert, dance around each other and fancy each other from afar over the
Starfire
As a novella, this installment of the Flashpoint series was naturally shorter and less twisty than the previous three. That said, I've got to acknowledge that Rachel Grant packs more plot, character development and steaminess into a novella than many authors in the genre manage in their full-length novels.

I didn't enjoy this quite as much as the previous three, but it was still a damn good read, and a nice conclusion (I think) to the overall series.
Carey Grace Dillahunty
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Picked up this novella because I’m trying to round out the year by reading 75 books and I wanted something a little shorter than the average 8-12 hr audiobook to listen to at work. I didn’t think I’d be too into the whole CIA/Soldier thing but I LOVE a fake relationship trope. Color me surprised! This novella was fun, steamy, and had me at the edge of my seat! I totally have added the rest of the series to my TBR list!
Sharon Wynne
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I can't wait to read books by Rachel Grant. I find them easy to read but they hold your attention, they have more to them that a simple love story, her books are often in interesting locations but I feel that if there was a bit more to the life style of these countries at the time the book was written, it would add to my personal enjoyment of the books. Keep writing, though, and I will keep reading.
Penelope
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent series, IMO. It’s suspenseful, with political intrigue, graphic & believable settings, and kick-a$$ Hs & hs. This book certainly could be read alone, but is now available as the 4th & slightly shorter novel of a 4 book set. Seriously! Inferno is a page-turning suspense/thriller with a sassy bite of romance. Loved it. ...more
Book Him Danno
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Grant is able to pack in story, action, characters who comes alive as well as the locations.

The story is so short so the romance is packed into the story quickly. The story its self will keep readers hooked and wanting more from the series.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher Janus Publishing for the advance copy of Rachel Grant Inferno

• Cold Wicked Lies (Cold Justice: Crossfire #3)
  • Colder Than Sin (Cold Justice: Crossfire, #2)
  • Cold & Deadly (Cold Justice: Crossfire, #1)
  • Hard Justice (Cobra Elite, #3)
  • Hard Target (Cobra Elite, #1)
  • Hard Asset (Cobra Elite, #2)
  • Cold Blooded (Cold Justice, #10)
  • A Cold Dark Promise:A Wedding Novella (Cold Justice #9)
  • Hard Edge (Cobra Elite, #4)
  • Hard Line (Cobra Elite, #5)
  • Her Sanctuary (Her, #1)
  • Hidden (The Texas Murder Files #1)
  • Bishop's Knight (Endgame Trilogy #1)
  • Covert Vengeance (Vengeance, #2)
  • Beautiful Vengeance (Vengeance, #5)
  • Say No More (Romantic Suspense #24; Sacramento #2)
  • Dark 'N' Deadly (Federal K-9, #3)
  • Toxic Vengeance (Vengeance, #4)
New Release:
description

Available Now:
description

USA Today bestselling author Rachel Grant worked for over a decade as a professional archaeologist and mines her experiences for storylines and settings, which are as diverse as excavating a cemetery underneath an historic art museum in San Francisco, survey and excavation of many prehistoric Native American sites in the Pacific Northwest, researching an historic

Flashpoint (3 books)
  • Tinderbox (Flashpoint, #1)
  • Catalyst (Flashpoint #2)
  • Firestorm (Flashpoint #3)

News & Interviews