Start by marking “Inferno (Flashpoint #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Inferno (Flashpoint #3.5)

Inferno

(Flashpoint #3.5)

US Embassy Officer Kaylea Halpert needs a date for a black tie event at a dangerous foreign national’s lavish home. Preferably someone with brains and brawn who can watch her back. Special Forces Sergeant Carlos Espinosa is more than happy to escort the beautiful, brilliant diplomat—who just might be a CIA case officer—to the party. Their night together only gets hotter wh ...more
Kindle Edition
Published June 14th 2019 by Janus Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Inferno, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inferno

JoAn
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Inferno by Rachel Grant is a novella set the Flashpoint world and was adrenaline packed from almost the beginning of the book.

Carlos and Kaylea have been interested in each other for several months. Kaylea finally gets a chance to get to know him better by requesting him as her "date" for an event at a lavish home of a foreign national. These two throw off sparks immediately and it doesn't take long for them to go all in. The plot was quickly paced but never lost any of the emphasis upon the pol
Anita
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing

INFERNO
This novella ends the Teams time in Djibouti, Africa, with a bang, make that two bangs, big ones. The story is sweet, the romance is hot and the baddies get what's coming to them. All necessary elements fro a great story and this one is a great story.

Special Forces Sergeant Carlos Espinosa is counting the days left on his Team's deployment at Camp Citron in Djibouti, Afr
Caz
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I gave this a B+ at AAR, so that's 4.5 stars. For some reason, I forgot to post this review when the book came out a few months back.

Rachel Grant’s recent Flashpoint series of romantic suspense novels set in and around the Horn of Africa is one of my favourites in the genre; fast-paced, action-packed, sexy and incredibly politically astute and informative, they’ve pretty much ruined me for all other romantic suspense stories!  So I may just have squeeed a little when I learned the series wasn’
Dawn
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Saucy while with action. This is a great novella of this series and I loved the characters. If you've read none of the other books this is a great teaser to get you interested in the series and is a quick read you can finish in a day or weekend.

I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Sally Mitchell
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Firstly, I would like to thank the author for getting me to love reading again, last few months I’ve been in a reading slump but with Inferno I read it in one go...and Loved it.

Thank you Rachel Grant.

Inferno was a gripping romantic suspense book and I adored Kaylea & Carlos!
I’ve read every book within this series, and Inferno was certainly my favourite, just wish it was longer, would love to see more of this couple!
The romance & suspense was a perfect balance, characters were strong &am
Cindy ~
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fast paced suspense that brings us back to Horn of Africa continuing the conspiracy that's been running through out the series. Along with the action and suspense their are smokin times a plenty between SF officer Carlos Espinosa and undercover CIA operative Kaylea Halper.

Dr.Loverbooks
Aug 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, romance, thriller
US Embassy Officer a.k.a. CIA case officer Kaylea Halpert needs a date for a black-tie event at a perilous foreign national’ lavish home. And Carlos Espinosa is the ideal candidate for the job. Easily, their date night became hotter as they were both charmed by each other. However, it ends up deadly when foreign agents target them. There have disclosed treason that could trigger an inferno between US and Djibouti. Instantly, Kaylea and Carlos have to utilize their combined skills to escape this ...more
Di
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I want MORE MORE MORE from this author after this read, a novella that was part of the Flashpoint box set and now a separate book. The story had it all, steam, action, surprises, suspense, kick but characters that took no prisoners and a fast paced read that had me flipping the pages.
Special forces officer Carlos and Kaylea, a covert CIA operator get entangled in a mess that if they don’t get out of could mean a lot of trouble for the U.S. and could cost their lives.
I LOVED LOVED LOVED the easy
Nikki Brooks
Kaylea and Carlos have been circling each other for a while. They both felt the attraction but their jobs kinda precluded them from getting involved. But Kaylea needs backup at a social event with a possible terrorist sympathiser and Carlos jumps at the chance to be her escort.

Bu the glitzy get together soon dissolves into a passionate encounter between these BBB's - Beautiful/Brawny, Brainy Badasses! But when Carlos leaves to return to base the bad guys strike, Kaylea breaks her covert CIA cove
Laura R
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I purchased this story as part the of 4 book set. While this story is shorter than the others, it is still jam packed with action, suspense, undeniable chemistry between Kaylea and Carlos, and spies. Kaylea is a very strong female character who is able to handle herself in most situations and has no issue with letting Carlos know that she is attracted to him and wants to spend the night with him. Carlos is pulled into pretending he has a relationship with Kaylea while investigating a bombing in ...more
Kirribilligirl
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
An excellent and exciting Novella.

I have loved the Flashpoint series. This was a quick dip back into the Horn of Africa and the political issues that play out in this area. Inferno is Kaylea and Carlos story. It was short, exciting and full of delicious chemistry.
What I enjoy about Ms Grant’s writing is her no nonsense approach to sex. So often sex is fast and furious and lust drives people. That was most definitely what drove these two once they connected. Sometimes wooing is fun and at times t
Erika Vincent
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great book

I loved the action, the banter and more importantly the fact that there was a strong capable heroine. It’s rare. Carlos was also great. A pure Alpha but respectful and sure enough of himself that he appreciated rather than felt threatened by her skills. My only issue is that the book finished on a wait and see note. I would have loved to have it go further and see how they make their relationship work without her or him having to give up their jobs. Looking forward to reading about the
Whispers From
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kaylea is a US Embassy officer and is invited to a Sheikh's party. Carlos is an engineer for the Green Berets A Team. She asks him to go with her and ends up spending the night. The next morning he is taken and Kaylea follows them. She rescues him but end up being caught anyway. They are held at the home of the Sheikh and unless they can find a way out, could be blown up with the house.Short story with action and sex. Great series that will keep you reading until the very end.
* Read as part of a
Bernadette
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a first date!

A great little novella to supplement a great series. A roller coaster first date for Kayla and Carlos. An intense personal response to finally acknowledging their attraction for each other, combined with kidnapping, explosions, society events and saving lives and you have an interesting first date.
Some threads from previous stories work their way into this story. It is like watching ripples on a pond expand from a single point. The conclusion is satisfying, while leaving a doo
Susan
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! It’s well-written with wonderful characters and a great backdrop in the small, developing African nation of Djibouti. Carlos, or as we know him from the earlier books, Espi, has been an intriguing character with a great sense of humour and an eye for a pretty woman in the shape of Embassy employee Kaylea. Unbeknownst to all, Kaylea has also had her eye on Carlos, and when the two get together the sparks fly – between them and all around them! A very fast-paced and action-pack ...more
Caz
I posted my review of the book HERE so I won't rehash that. Basically, if you want a solid but quick romantic suspense fix (in audio), then look no further. Rachel Grant manages to write a story that feels rounded and complete in a short page count - including steamy love scenes and high-stakes action; and Greg Tremblay's narration is the icing on the cake (and bumps it up into the 5 star bracket).
Ellen White
Aug 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Rachel.Grant.. Flashpoint series
Gripping , full of action, with Kaylea and Carlos, the setting around the Horn of Africa. She is a CIA operative as well as a US Embassy Officer. Carlos is a special force officer. An event she feels uneasy about attending ask him to accompany her. Good series, full of susuapense and romance.
Given Arc for my voluntary review and my honest opinion by Net Galley and Janus Pubkishers.
Book Him Danno
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Grant is able to pack in story, action, characters who comes alive as well as the locations.

The story is so short so the romance is packed into the story quickly. The story its self will keep readers hooked and wanting more from the series.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher Janus Publishing for the advance copy of Rachel Grant Inferno
Kerry
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun novella! I have thoroughly enjoyed this series and really liked this addition! Kaylea and Carlos make such a great team, and I adored their romance. There was lots of action in this little story, and it kept me on the edge of my seat. Looking forward to more in this series!

*I received an advanced copy. All opinions are my own.
Penelope
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent series, IMO. It’s suspenseful, with political intrigue, graphic & believable settings, and kick-a$$ Hs & hs. This book certainly could be read alone, but is now available as the 4th & slightly shorter novel of a 4 book set. Seriously! Inferno is a page-turning suspense/thriller with a sassy bite of romance. Loved it.
Mary
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dear goodness, I love this series! I am so glad Kaylea got her story and such a story! Kaylea takes owenership of who she is, a powerful sexy career woman who does not lose gray matter when she is the presence of sexiness known as Carlos Espinosa (Ms. Grant shoud can write them!)
Hazel
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Grant fits more in this novella than some authors do in a 400 page book. Inferno has all the excitement, adventure and passion as the first three books in the series. I highly recommend the entire Flashpoint series. (While each book stands on its own, I recommend reading them in order.)
Traann
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inhaled and you can't go wrong with this book. Read it in one sitting. Couldn't put it down. These really need to read in order to get the PUNCH of the story but you can ALWAYS read them alone and you will still love them as stand alones.
Delayne
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read!!

Complete enjoy this story as well as it’s ending. It’s a shorter read but sometimes you just need that. Well done!
Kaetrin
Reviewed for AudioGals. 4.5 stars, rounded up.
4 stars for content, 5 stars for narration.

Link to come.
Paula
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I volunteered to read and review an advanced readers copy through Netgallery of INFERNO . I really enjoyed reading this story . It is fantastic . While not along story it still packs a punch. The suspense is off the charts. It is definitely a pulse pounding,on the edge of your seat tale. It's full of twists and turns you really don't see coming an all out fabulous and intense story. Kaylea is a CIA operative also an US Embassy Officer. Carlos is a special forces sergeant. The two have been attra ...more
Andiodelgatto
« previous 1 3 next »
Latest releases:

description

description

Rachel Grant worked for over a decade as a professional archaeologist and mines her experiences for storylines and settings, which are as diverse as excavating a cemetery underneath an historic art museum in San Francisco, survey and excavation of many prehistoric Native American sites in the Pacific Northwest, researching an historic concrete house in Virginia, and mapping a sev

Flashpoint (3 books)
  • Tinderbox (Flashpoint, #1)
  • Catalyst (Flashpoint #2)
  • Firestorm (Flashpoint #3)