Start by marking “Pulling Doubles (Wright Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Pulling Doubles (Wright Brothers, #2)

Pulling Doubles

(The Wright Brothers #2)

All Devyn wants – besides a tall, fine husband and eventually a few babies to fulfill her “about to turn thirty, running out of time, cute black family” dreams – is to finish her yearlong internship at University Hospital. She’s excited about the experience, eager to learn, glad to help wherever she can… it should be easy, right?

Well, it would be… if it weren’t for arrog
Audible Audio, Unabridged
Published June 12th 2019 by Tantor Audio (first published April 18th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Pulling Doubles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pulling Doubles

Start your review of Pulling Doubles (Wright Brothers, #2)
Steph's Romance Book Talk
3 Stars / 2 Steam Fans

Ugh, writing this review hurts my soul! This second book in the Wright Brother series follows the brother that is a doctor and I was excited to read it. As it started I was enjoying the elementary school boy-girl antics that were happening between Joseph and Devyn. The N-word was dropped in conversation, then a character was introduced that I was annoyed with, the treatment of characters drove me up a wall, and by the end I kind of checked out. I didn't feel like I received re
Camille Adams
:-) This was really good.
And it was hilarious in so many places. Excellent everything. Loved it.
Celestine
Sep 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
I am really enjoying these Wright boys and their path to true love. Their appreciation for a woman comes from seeing it first hand from their parents, and family is a key part of these books. Joseph seems so uptight at the beginning, but wow, maybe he really isn't. Devyn is a wonder: hard working, centered, smart, and won't take crap from Joseph no matter how he hands it out. This book will certainly satisfy those who like the enemies to lovers trope. It was downgraded for me because the ending ...more
reneeNaDaBomb
Pulling Doubles (Wright Brothers Book 2)

Great storyline that I liked a lot. Who knew Nurse Devyn Echols & Dr. Joseph Wright would begin a working relationship with a few hurdles and take a turn to a lasting personal relationshp and 💘.
Jazmen
Apr 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pulling Doubles, was Grey's Anatomy, if it focused solely on gynecology--and if all the characters were black. Not as multilayered, and melodramatic, but a hospital drama nonetheless.

Far quicker to read than my previous Christina C. Jones novels; she wastes no time getting down to it.

Devyn, is a nurse practitioner, at an internship to complete her certification--working in conjunction with the unfathomable, Dr. Wright.

They hate each other, but the underlying chemistry, between them is delicio
Daisa
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Re-read: 6/12/17 It feels good to re-read a book and like it more the second time around rather than less. Sometimes you read a book and the initial experience is bolstered by the excitement of a new story with new characters, but when you revisit those characters and that story, it doesn't really live up to the hype of the first read...That wasn't the case with this book. I pretty much read this book in one sitting BOTH times around and its because it's just THAT good.

Original Review

/>Original
MARQUETTA
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I really enjoyed Devyn and Joseph's story. They have great chemistry. I loved the banter. Once I started reading, I could not put it down. What I like about this author is that she doesn't follow the normal romance formula. She doesn't create fake drama for the inevitable fight, breakup and then make up. That's been a part of romance forever but it's at time tiresome, predictable and boring. If you're writing about grown ass adults, why create immature drama for the sake of having drama? Devyn a ...more
Margaret Ward
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

Christina C Jones has captivated her audience by using fictional characters with realistic views on life and love. While reading this book, it brought out buried memories that I could relate to. I highly recommend this story to anyone who would love to travel down the road of love, honesty and respect. It will truly help with those who are confused about the differences in love. I love the way CJ brought out mental and emotional abuse without actually saying what it was.
Deena
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, she's done it again! I've read every single one of Christina Jones's books and have loved them all. Please believe me when I tell you that she's one of the best in the game.

In this book, we travel back to the home of Blakewood University (yep, another cute city!) and those gorgeous Wright brothers. This time it's Joseph's turn. He and Reese's friend Devyn are feenin' for each other, but because they work together, they're both determined not to act on their desires. So much fun
Tina McDonald
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Double Take

Reading Pulling Doubles was like a double take of both Devyn & Joseph's story along with getting a better closure on Reese & Jason's story...I love the concept of black love blossoming in the workplace, along with showing the pro's and con's about dating a co-worker, and not letting a bad experience keep you from exploring new opportunities, as both characters had, and let we all have past, but we don't have let our past define us...which I'm glad to see Joseph & Devy
Anika
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a suuuuper cute read that also got me a lil hot and bothered....and I am not at all bothered by that.
Naoms
I wish these books were longer.
I really love it. These characters are great and the author has talent, but this one lacked a deeper depth or any real conflict resolution.

Victoria
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVEDDDDDDDDDDD IT.. as usual.... if you have not been exposed to this author you are truly missing out..... Great series so far.... can't wait for the next piece of Wrightness.....
Amanda
I’m having so much trouble getting into books... except books by CCJ, apparently! This book had the humor, sexual tension & chemistry, and strong friendships and familial relationships that I really value in romance. She makes it seem effortless, too. This book also has chronic illness rep (type 1 diabetes).

CW: abusive and stalkerish behavior by an ex, both in the past & present day
Kianna
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
These Wright men

The second installment in this series had me wondering if this couple would ever get past their own issues to realize they were bent to be. Well.....great job
Deloris
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, funny, sexy and romantic !❤ ...more
Livia
I can not even pick a favorite among this 3-book series. They were all so entertaining and different.

5 fantastic stars!

Full review to come later I swear...
Wilki J
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Florishing as a healthcare provider comes easy for Nurse Devyn Echols. She is eager and willing to learn as she completes her intership at University Hospital. Too bad she feels sick with annoyance..and pent up frustrations when Dr. Joseph Wright is around. Working under him has been no cake walk as he sets Devyn's nerves on edge and lions on fire. Will pulling doubles lead to some 'sexual healing' between these two?

First off..I have to give it up for C.C. Jones. I feel like a broken
The Book Chick
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I struggled with the rating. I wanted to give this a 3.5 because it's definitely better than a 3.
This second book of the series was different. I think it was a bit racier.so, if you like sex scenes this one has them. Getting Schooled was the first book and the characters got to know each other a bit but Devyn and Joseph dive right in.
I always like to learn something when I read and I was pleasantly surprised to learn some medical things in this one. Jones' knowledge authenticated these ch
Erin Tanner
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Live. Love. Laugh. Mrs. Jones has done another masterful job of weaving together all these elements in another story showcasing beautiful black love. Pulling Doubles did such a wonderful take on "He acts like he doesn't like you, but he's really into you." I loved Devyn and Joseph together. It is always refreshing to read a story where the hero and heroine don't instantly fall for each other. It is even more wonderful to read the sassy one liners and "sister speak" the author weaves into every n ...more
Tamara
This story was so freaking cute!!!! So Dr. Wright and Nurse Echols weren't as funny as Jay and Reese from Getting Schooled, but they were a whole lot cuter.

Even though they'd spent many nights playing Dr. and Nurse with each other they tried, unsuccessfully might I add, to pretend that it was nothing more than bedroom exercises for them.

It was an enjoyable experience reading the journey of Joey and Dev as they went from co-workers to more.

If you've read book 1 in this series, thi
Tamara

If you've read book 1 in this series, thi
Brenda  Larnell
Another Winner!

I loved this second installment of the Wright brothers series, Pulling Doubles, by Christina Jones. From the crisp, contemporary dialogue to the unforgettable side characters to the hero and heroine's complex relationship, this was a good story. Even though the end of the story did not have the typical proposal and marriage scenes, it's clear that the couple, Joseph Wright and Devyn Echols are on their way to a solid relationship. It was great to catch up with Jason Wright and R
Candy
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic Series!

Mrs. Jones has done it again with another amazing story in the Wright brothers series. It is so refreshing to read such great and positive stories about black love. Her characters are so relatable and you feel like you know them. I loved Devyn and Joseph. They had great chemistry with minimal drama in their relationship. It was great to get some updates on Reese and Jay. I look forward to Justin and Tori's story. I also hope that we will get Eric and Aviva's story as well.
Tina Young
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing Read...

I’m definitely enjoying my binge on Christina C. Jones novels. “Pulling Doubles” is a great fit for the second book in the Wright Brothers Series. Devyn and Joseph adventure is incredibly intriguing and sexy. Character chemistry continues to be on point and I love being able to interact with the characters from the previous book in the serious. The introduction of new characters was interest piquing as well. If you still haven’t ventured into any of Mrs. Jones’ work, you’re miss
Toni
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I completely loved this book!!!! As always did not want it to end! This book really had me laughing out loud, just like Reese and Jay's story. Especially the part about "PD" (don't want to spoil ONE of the many funny parts of the book) lol.

The romance, love, and all of the other realistic things that happen in a "normal" relationship, with just enough drama is what keep reading her novels.

This author never let me down :-)...Patiently waiting on Justin's story! Christina always does a great job
Pamelon
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pulling Doubles...Loved it!! Awesome Job

"Pulling Doubles" is Wright Brothers Book 2. This is Devyn and Joseph's story and it is one sexy and hilarious read. Even though the story was hilarious, there were true to life incidents that occurred. The characters chemistry was explosive and the characters were strong and well developed. The secondary characters were great and so was their contribution to the story. I loved reuniting with the characters from Book 1. Christina C. Jones you did it again
Texas Diva
Another hit

Christina C Jones never disappoints. Devyn and Joseph are faaabbbuuulllous together..once he popped casting a cool. Christina C Jones writes real characters. Devyn is a intermitente nurse practioner who has caught the eyes of Dr. Joseph Wright and he is so in denial.
I loved this second installment and there is one more brother left. Yay. The story is Funny, real, romantic, and lol funny(yep twice-worthy mention). I loved it.
This is a recommend read. You Will not be disapp
Shirley
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, those Wright brothers!

Once again I enjoyed catching up with the Wright brothers. Joseph was some kind of sexy. I loved Jay too, but Joseph had that bad boy thing going on. Loved Devyn! Joseph wanted casual, and that's what she gave him..to the point that he was second-guessing himself. Men, he got what he wanted but was confused when she had no problems giving it to him. Loved that. Great book, Ms. Jones! Can't wait for Justin's story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Real Deal
  • Adore You (Accidentally in Love Book 1)
  • Blind Expectations
  • Ivy's League
  • The Lion (The Black Land Series Book 1)
  • The Right of Love (Wayward Love Book 3)
  • One More Touch: One More Series

The Wright Brothers (3 books)
  • Getting Schooled (The Wright Brothers, #1)
  • Bending The Rules (The Wright Brothers #3)
“Then you opened your mouth and brilliance came out, and I knew I had to keep you at a distance.” My” 0 likes