Start by marking “Flowers Over The Bench” as Want to Read:
Flowers Over The Bench

Flowers Over The Bench

A gaze so dreamy
that it captures my own.

A whisper so soft
that it calms my soul.

A heart so tender
that it breaks my fall.

I’ve tasted these pieces of you
and now I desire you whole.
Published June 17th 2019 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama

To ask other readers questions about Flowers Over The Bench, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flowers Over The Bench

Abduraafi Andrian
Aug 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, english
Full review: http://bit.ly/FlowersAli

I applauded Gyanindra for picking various, enchanted words into his poems. Really. I loved the way he explained the feeling with differing kind of phrasing. But I have something more to it.

At first I enjoyed every of them until I realized there were not only repetitive words but also repetitive form of feelings. Various dictions don't always cause different meanings. It would do the other way around. The more you keep the readers to have the same kind of feel
Afy Zia
Jul 30, 2019 rated it liked it
3,4 bintang.

❝I'm proud that we are able to differentiate between 'to love' and 'to enslave'.❞ ―Flowers Over The Bench, Gyanindra Ali (not the full version)

Flowers Over The Bench menceritakan tentang manis pahit jatuh cinta. Manis pahit ini dianalogikan seperti musim: Spring yang berarti manisnya jatuh cinta, dan Fall yang berarti pahitnya jatuh cinta.

Pertama, saya mau mengapresiasi bentuk bukunya yang cukup unik dan mengingatkan saya sama buku jurnal(?). 😂 buku ini pun bisa dibilang hardcover se
Dheril Sofia
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Romance, Love and Heartbreak. These things the world never gets enough of are the blood and bones of this poetry book. While reading Flowers Over The Bench, I personally embraced the experience of being reminded of that memories, like when you are so in love with someone and truly admire them just by the way they are. My cheeks hurt so much cause I couldn't stop smiling. Each poem has that kind of sweetness that will make you kick your blanket because the butterflies in your belly now are wide a ...more
Sintia Astarina
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Boleh jujur nggak nih? Baca buku Flowers Over the Bench karya Gyanindra berasa lagi dirayu sama puisi-puisinya yang manis. Somehow puisi buatan mereka bikin senyam-senyum sendiri. 😍😍

Meski Flowers Over the Bench mengangkat tema cinta yang itu-itu aja (ups and downs dalam suatu hubungan), pengandaian dan pemilihan katanya kreatif banget! Lalu, ritme masing-masing bait juga dijaga dan ini membuktikan bahwa perbendaharaan kosakata Gyanindra Ali sungguh inspiratif. Yaaa... meski ada beberapa kata yan
Reyhan
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve never really gotten into poetry until he wrote his second book! I know that this is his first published book, and I’m not surprised that it got picked up. I loved it. It was great. It was relatable yet emotional that gets me in some kind of way.

However, there are some grammatical errors that I noticed..

But I’ll give the rookie the benefit of the doubt.
Daniel
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: poetry
Gyanindra Ali
Flowers Over the Bench
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
120 pages
4.4

Gyanindra Ali's poem collection in Flowers Over the Bench is repetitive and tiresome. The book which elaborates the ups and downs of a relationship from a male point of view is pestered with ineloquence, questionable diction, and grammatical errors.
Sasha Zahra
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A heartwarming and honest take of the ups and downs of love. The poems invite readers to see through the author's lens. Not to mention that the book is physically enticing!

I say go get this book and save it for a rainy day. It's definitely not one to miss.
Michael Hariri
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An emotional roller coaster telling the story of the ups and downs of love. Takes my mind into places when I read it.
Cikita
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have so much love for this one :)
Xavier Jason
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not much of a poetry person myself, but I enjoyed reading this one. Neat word choices and compelling themes. A little rough around the edges, but a good read nonetheless.
Ardhia
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written and so relatable! Reading each verse in this book feels like getting a warm hug without really being hugged. I also found slashing verses that slowly lead to unbearable moans.
Dhila