Start by marking “Tip the Scales (Road Trip Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tip the Scales (Road Trip Romance, #1)

Tip the Scales

(Road Trip Romance #1)

Max King has lived in northern Maine all his life. And if there’s one thing he’s learned living in his close-knit community, it’s that they look out for one another.

With a life-threatening winter storm approaching, it’s no surprise Max is concerned for the residents of his beloved small town. But it’s his new neighbor that really has him worried. With the power out and te
Published October 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Tip the Scales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tip the Scales

Start your review of Tip the Scales (Road Trip Romance, #1)
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Erin~
3.5-4 Stars

This was a fun read. I really enjoyed these characters. It was interesting how Evans gave us almost 2 different books. She started things off with a fast-paced romance. This was a total lust (and maybe a little more) at first sight. Things moved quickly. I loved the excitement of their relationship. Then she hits us with something very different. I don’t want to give anything away so I won’t say anything other than it surprised me. While I enjoyed the fast pace of the relationshi
Michaela Dren
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a story where the heroine has an embarrassing introduction to the hero. You just seem to know you are in for a good story. And with A.K. Evans it is a guarantee that this story is going to take you on a good ride. Once again she brings us a story of an alpha male who takes charge, is protective and of course a hunk! Max is incredible and the kind of guy our dreams are made of. Ella is the introvert neighbor who we quickly learn is fiercely independent and guarded but she has reasons to be ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Max King has lived in Northern Maine his whole life, while his new neighbor, Eleanor Page, is from Florida. They get to really know each other when a winter storm comes, and Eleanor learns that she thought she knew what she was in for, but she was in over her head. So when Max comes over to check on her, she has no choice but to take him on his offer to stay at his place to ride the storm out. Things are kind of awkward at first, because she's had a tiny secret crush on him since she moved in. L ...more
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
Tip the Scales by A. K. Evans is the first book that I have read by this author.
Eleanor Page has just moved to Maine and has never been in a snowstorm let a lone a “life-threatening winter storm”. Max King has lived in Maine all his life. Max meets Eleanor after the power is out and temperatures dropping. He let her know that she could stay at his place because he has heat. Most of the residents know to have a full gas tank for heat during these storms. Of course Eleanor didn’t know. Max ends u
Susana
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s always a mix of emotions when a favourite author begins a new series. On one hand, there’s excitement for being introduced to a new world, characters, and couple; while on the other hand, there’s some trepidation as you wonder how you will connect with these new characters and storyline outside of the previous ones you are already so familiar and comfortable with.
I’m so pleased to report I had no need to worry. I found myself being sucked in to this story and enjoying it so much. This book
Alicia
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a very sweet, quick read. Max and Eleanor are both likeable, charming characters whose clandestine observation of each other culminates in less than promising first meeting, but events soon, dramatically, bring them together.
This is an enjoyable read with a few twists which provide added interest. It moves along at a good pace and brings a satisfying conclusion to a good story. 💖💖
Brandy Roberts
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved Tip the Scales it was just one of those books that had me from blurb to the end even the cover is amazing .The only thing I didn't like was how the characters reacted to certain situations but over all they were amazing characters with unique a interesting story line . I can't wait to read more of the Road trip Romance .
Brandee Ribaudo
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m always hesitant to start a new series after finding one I love so much and have invested so much time reading (ALL of A.K. Evans series ;)). Seriously ya’ll, I didn’t go into a book hole for long... I loved Ella and Max and can NOT wait to see where this series goes!
Ri
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

Cute premise and a gorgeous cover. It was a cute story but it felt too contrived which was sad because it had the potential to be so much more.
Tara
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I Loved the start to this new series! It was funny, and sweet! Max and Ella were so cute together. There were times where I wanted to choke him for being stupid! But in the end I fell in love again! Ella was funny! The way her and Max met cracked me up! I Loved this!!
Niki Rufibach
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this new series! If you believe in lust at first glance, this is the book for you! Max and Eleanor are neighbors who have never met. When a large snowstorm comes and knocks out power Eleanor is pretty much force to go stay at her handsome neighbors house. His charm and generosity win her over and she starts to fall for him. She has a secret that could potentially ruin their relationship. He finds out this secret at the worse possible time. If you love a strong man and an independent woman ...more
Jenn the Readaholic
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So yet again, AK Evans manages to shift gears and give us something completely new without sacrificing the writing style to which we’ve become accustomed. Eleanor and Max have the perfect setup to meet more than once, but it takes some intervention from Mother Nature to force their introduction. They manage to move forward with little to no muss or fuss, except Ella has a secret. And it’s a secret that she knows she needs to share, but she’s afraid to because she’s certain that it’ll ruin everyt ...more
Joanne
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m a big fan of this authors work and I read everything she writes. This was nothing like I expected, it was better. The characters had such chemistry and I fell in love with them almost immediately. Max is the quintessential Alpha, hot, protective and bossy. I loved him. Ella, was sweet, feisty and shy. Their first meeting was hilarious but slightly embarrassing for Ella. Watching their journey unfold was a joy to read. The supporting characters were amazing too. This storyline had me almost i ...more
⚜️Trea
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH ONE OF A VARIETY OF SOURCES. I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

This was more of a 3.5 star read for me. There were a lot of things I didn't like about it, but they weren't bad enough to knock it down to a 3 star read. Allow me to go more in depth...

First of all, the book was too shor
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tip the Scales by A.K. Evans
“Who will tip the scales? 4 stars”

Eleanor is from Florida and has never been through a storm in Maine until now. She thought she was good but it turns out she was wrong. Who knew you needed so much propane to make it through a storm? When her very attractive neighbor Max stops by and demands her to stay with him to stop from freezing to death she jumps at it, or would if she wasn’t an icicle. She’s had a secret crush on Max since she moved in is this their time?
Max kn
Sunny Shelly Reads
This starts off with a hilariously awkward meet-cute. Florida native Eleanor has no idea what to expect when she finds herself facing her first Maine snowstorm. Luckily, hot neighbor Max checks in on her and offers to help her ride out the storm. She's had a crush on him since she moved in, but he has been so wrapped up in his own life, he barely noticed her. But once he does, his eyes are wide open.

Ella and Max fall hard and fast for one another during the blizzard, but will the secret she's b
Ga Books LoverX
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a nice read, the type that you can clear your mind and just be. There were a few twists, but everything was fairly straight forward and it was a sweet, but steamy, read! I did enjoy reading it, but I would have liked just a little bit more to it. The pace in which the characters moved seemed a bit fast, but as you know, when they are placed in extreme conditions, it does help make them closer.

All in all, if you are looking for a fairly light read that is a bit on the shorter s
Jill Cathie
Generous 3 stars

Was OK, but I'm not reading another by her. The whole app developer component was not believable that one person does it all. More research should have been done. Definitely felt rushed and I did not care for the repetitive explanations which just came off as ways to fill the book. Its dual point of view but toward the end you get more from h than H. At times the writing felt forced and some of the conversations did not flow to me. Sometimes I was thinking-people don't talk like
Doris
I really love the cover 😍 characters were likeable and it was a quick read.

"Only" 3 stars because of the storyline. It was too much on too few pages..
The plot about the niece wasn't necessary for me, because it just happened. There was no further explanation why it happened, only a short mention in the chapter before that and then Ella saved the day. It felt rushed and dispensable - there could have been another way to tell him who Ella really was. The focus should have remained on their love
Robin Sweeney
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great fast read. This is my first A.K. Evans book, I received it in a subscription box and I'm glad that I did. I love a good snowed in romance. This book has some fun twists and a lot of humor and even more heat. Ella and Max were so fun to read, I barely put this book down! I can't wait to read more of A.K's work!
Charlotte Isaac
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-books
Wow. This may be a short story, but it had everything from laughter to drama.

I highly recommend this book.
Elizabeth Harris
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book from this author. She's rapidly becoming one of my favourites. I loved the sweetness of their relationship and how he was the hero of the book. I didn't like so much the part where he turned funny. It seemed too judgemental after what she'd done for him but it came right in the end.
Erin
Shelves: no-no-authors
This sucked.
Amanda Thomas
Ok.

Quick read and was cute but super rushed. I don’t think the characters were fully developed and I didn’t really feel the connection.
lowkeyreader
This may be a short story, but it had everything from laughter to drama. I couldn't put it down once started. I loved Max and Ella together. It was like they were meant to be.

There were a few drama, but everything was fairly straight forward and it was a sweet, but steamy, read! I did enjoy reading it. The pace in which the characters moved seemed a bit fast for me though.

That being said, I did really enjoy Tip the Scales. I thought it was a cute, sexy, exciting read.

ARC was kindly provided in e
Marsha Wright
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank u, AK EVANS !

Great chemistry between these lovers, and getting stuck in a storm with this hero, yum yum !It was a fun story.
Marissa W.
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read!

I've been stuck in a book rut for a while and found this one buried in my library! What a quick loving read! I enjoyed the story and the characters of the story!
Jenn the Readaholic
Toni
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
3.5 stars, a fast paced romance with a surprise thrown in!

• Reckless Memories (Wrecked, #1)
  • The Italian
  • The Stand-in
  • Holidate (Dating, #3)
  • Steal You Away
  • One Week 'Til Christmas
  • Fool Me Once
  • Redemption: A Surprise Pregnancy Romance
  • Fresh Meet (Kings of the Water, #2)
  • The Fire (The Hurricane, #4)
  • Taming Hollywood's Baddest Boy (Hollywood, #1)
  • The Red Zone
  • Times Like These (Blue is the Color, #1)
  • His for a Season (Seasons, #0.5)
  • Boy in Luv (In Luv Duet, #2)
  • Rebel Soul (Rebel Love #2)
  • Landon & Shay: Part Two (L&S Duet, #2)
  • Agony (Entangled Hearts Duet #1)
Newsletter Sign Up:

Amazon:

Facebook:

Instagram:

A.K.'s Book Babes (FB Reader Group):

BookBub:

Twitter:

A.K. Evans is a contemporary romance author of over twenty published novels. While she enjoys wr

Road Trip Romance (8 books)
  • Play the Part (Road Trip Romance, #2)
  • One Wrong Turn (Road Trip Romance, #3)
  • Just a Fling (Road Trip Romance, #4)
  • Meant to Be (Road Trip Romance, #5)
  • Take the Plunge (Road Trip Romance, #6)
  • Miss the Shot (Road Trip Romance, #7)
  • In the Cards (Road Trip Romance, #8)