Start by marking “Shark's Edge” as Want to Read:
Shark's Edge

Shark's Edge

Every great dream begins with a dreamer…

Sebastian Shark is on the verge of realizing his dream. The Edge—the most luxurious Los Angeles skyscraper ever conceived—will be his legacy, an icon to dominate LA’s skyline just as Shark dominates its boardrooms.

Self-made businesswoman Abbigail Gibson is on a trajectory toward massive success, but to get there, she m/>
Expected publication: December 10th 2019 by Waterhouse Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Shark's Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shark's Edge

Start your review of Shark's Edge
TheSassyNerdBlog

You all thought you’d seen the best of these two authors... well, the best is yet to come!!

Shark’s Edge is phenomenal. A mixture of suspense, passion, mystery, and of course romance. From page one till the very end, I was on the edge of my seat. I couldn’t help but fall in love with these characters and I’m so deeply invested in these characters lives, and the world the authors have created. Completely addicted!

None of you are ready for Shark’s Edge. It’s about to take you on the start of what promises to b
b.andherbooks
I read an excerpt on Bookish First and the hero uses the term "cuck" to describe another character in his first chapter, so hard pass.
Ramona
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Individually their writing is brilliant but, teamed up together it seems as if Angel Payne and Victoria Blue are giving us another Series to sink are teeth into and fall in love with.
Sebastian Shark is a beautifully complex man that you instantly fall in love with despite his harshness and Abbigail Gibson has fierce sass that will just make you laugh out loud.
Ladies you hit it out of the park again. I can't wait until the next one.
Sue
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Blown away! Amazing! Phenomenal! Brilliant! Shark’s Edge is the incredible start to what is sure to be an epic series. I couldn’t put it down and read it all in one sitting! There is something for everyone in this book. Mystery, suspense, romance. All of the feels are here. I absolutely loved it. Kudos to Angel Payne and Victoria Blue.
Crystal Stafford
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first two chapters definitely give you a successful feel for the main characters. You can tell Abbi is young, driven, smart, and inexperienced. Mr. Shark on the other hand; very experienced, arrogant, rude, smart, driven, cold, and confident. There's chemistry, intrigue, mystery, and complication, most of what I look for in a contemporary romance! The dynamic between the main and supporting characters is important and something I truly love to see. I already love Grant. Looking forward to f ...more
Joselyn Henry
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mhmm, as the title of the review goes. I love both of these authors and when they combine writing it's even better. I couldn't put the 37 pages of the first look down read it all and I want so much much more. Each character is written so well you can picture exactly what they look like and sound like and even their personality. I love it when books have so much detail it's like your in the book watching these characters in their lives. I would love to read the whole and will most likely be purch ...more
Jennifer Wilson
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book one in a series: Shark’s Edge.
This is the story of Abbigail Gibson, owner of Abstract Catering. She’s working to advance and expand her business into an actual restaurant.
Sebastian Shark is a wealthy businessmen, working to build his dream. A building that will be the biggest in the Los Angeles skyline. Sebastian is one of Abbigail’s clients. Both feel an attraction, but are hesitant act on it.
This was a really great book. The characters felt real, and had you rooting for th
Belinda Clemons
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just finished Shark's Edge and it has me breathless the tension the mystery of whos trying to bring down Baz, the Heat between him and Abbigail is just fantastic. I also love RIo as I said during the first impression. the ending had me gasping then I got to read a snippet of the second book and was happy again. im wanting book two so badly right now lol I love his niece also. and my favorite line was when Rio told her He asked where Little Red Riding Hood was I laughed with Abby there. Angel ...more
Brandi Duncan
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shark definitely has some "edge". Victoria and Angel wrote another great story and they make a fine pair. Sebastian is every womans fantasy. Hes handsome, a successful billionaire, has a darkness and the total bad boy vibe. He likes control which isnt everyones cup of tea but its definitely mine. Abbigail is the woman he never knew he wanted. Shes a red haired goddess, young, driven, witty, smart and very sassy but there is one thing he's not prepared for. They are trying to figure out what's go ...more
Cecilia Ryder
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know where to begin, I read this book in a matter of a few hours; I could not put it down. I loved the build up of the characters and the story, yes it is cliffhanger but it is a series and I'm already dying to read the next book. I love how the relationship between Abbi and Sebastian unfolds in this book, and I love how the authors built the characters and gave them depth. Abbi is a young woman with big dreams in California, whereas Bas is already a highly successful businessman; a ...more
Kathleen Boston
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting to read this first book and this series since I first heard about it. I love both of these authors so I already envisioned it would be fabulous and after reading the first few chapters I was right.

Abbigail has a catering company that is new and looking to take on the "big" client to cement their future. She also builds walls to protect herself.

Sebastian Shark is the ultimate high power business man with the arrogance that goes with it. His dream is to
Lovebooks1995
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Andreajanel
Nov 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Sebastian Shark is aptly named. He's a dynamic, ruthless businessman who always gets what he wants. Abbigail is a young entrepreneur who wants nothing more than to escape his glacial gaze and cutting commentary.

Abbigail's efforts to stay invisible are futile. Sebastian has already noticed her, and he's trying to behave. But behaving is completely out of character for him, and he relentlessly pursues her.

Intoxicating kisses, brazen teasing, and thinly veiled blackmail lure Abbi into the wolf's
Hayley Wood
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This Mature read was 300+ pages of mental foreplay. Whew. This author knows how to write really good sexual tension. I really enjoyed the playfulness between Mr. Shark and 'Little Red', pun intended. The sassiness between them both was EPIC and perfect in its own way!

Mr. Shark is definitely an A**hole and needs a real actual relationship with Abbigail to fix some of his issues surrounding 'love' and what love can actually be for him. He grew up with a shitty Father and had to raise h
Dawn
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The chemistry between Sebastian and Abbigail is off the charts. I love the staunch impression he leaves her with at first and what he melds into as the story progresses. With the food poisoning and the letter he receives, Bas and Abbi have a chance to grow together.
The style of writing is captivating. I stopped reading only because my eyes were falling shut of their own accord. Even though this book is 300+ pages, it can totally be done in one sitting.
The only downfall is the way it ended. It
Irene
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won a paperback from bookish first

My first read by either author
The whole book kind of had me on edge. From who the heck was messing with Sebastian to OMG the sexual chemistry.
Abigail has it bad for Sebastian and every time she's near him, her brain in is a fog. Sebastian keeps his cool like always, however he's fighting internally.
How do two grown adults who have a very heated attraction to be another act when they are near each other? Abigail tends to loose some
Debbie Clark
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Shark’s Edge has everything, suspense, mystery, and sexiness. Sebastian Shark lives up to his name being a predator in the business world and in the bedroom. His sites are set on Abbigail, who has had multiple fantasies about him too. Sexy flirtation.. Supportive and realistic secondary characters (not everyone likes everyone). And a funny Siri appearance (I laughed when Sebastian called on Siri. A sexy ending that will leave you dangling from the cliff by your fingernails. I cannot wait to ...more
Alison
DNF at 16%.

Love the cover but that's where it ends for me. Ridiculous caricatures, billionaire businessmen speaking like 15 year old boys. so-called 'friends' who are more like enemies. CEOs who think they can terminate contracts without just cause. Yawn.

This may appeal to those who love a good angst YA/NA billionaire power play but Christian Grey got exposed as a whiny cry-baby and imitating that kind of arrogant, bossy, little-boy-lost character is like six years out of
Angela
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! OMG! OMG! I thought I had read the best of Angel Payne and Victoria Blue in past series. Well, Shark's Edge has me questioning myself on that.
This is a scorcher ladies! It burns hotter than 40 hells .
Shark's Edge is...Suspenseful. Exhilarating. Dramatic. Romantic. It had my emotions in a rollercoaster throughout the whole book. But I loved Every. Single. Minute. I mean, given the review I have, how can I give less than 5 stars? It's phenomenal. I loved this book so much. I'm sure you will
Karen Aguilera
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Little Red Riding Hood meets the Big Bad Bas.

This is first book in what is going to be an amazing series by Angel and Victoria.

Abbi is a sweet young girl who has fantasies about Sebastian.
Sebastian is a ruthless, dominating no holds bars businessman who can't seem to control himself every time he sees Abbi.

Sharks Edge will keep you on the edge of your seat as these two battle back and forth until they each get want they want.

This is defiantly a MUST rea
Michelle Harris
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My only thought, as I just finished this book, is how long I have to wait until I can get the next one. Those couple of pages we get of a sneak peak at the end was just not enough. This has to be my favorite yet by these authors. Full of intrigue, mystery, lust, and hot demands... there’s no going wrong with this story. The character development and growth was amazing. I can’t wait for more! I’ve officially swam with the Shark and there’s no getting out of the deep waters now.
Bridget Shaw
Nov 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
Sebastian is a powerful man and Abbigail is the “lunch lady” who owns and brings his lunch to him everyday. Sebastian is not a relationship type of man, but for some reason he has become obsessed with her. Little does he know that his precious little red riding hood is a virgin and this is a huge fear of his, but is she worth it. Can he let her walk away to his biggest enemy? Only time will tell.
Laurie Murray
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don’t even know where to start. Sebastian is this powerful force and Abigail sees this from the beginning. He lives up to his name and is a shark when it comes to business and how he wants things done. Abigail has no idea what is in store for her. I can’t wait for the next one to see what happens not just with these two but also Shark’s Edge which is his dream to build.
Gretchen
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading Shark's Edge by Angel Payne and Victoria Blue. I do love a series and at the end of this one it definitely has me wanting more! Sebastian Shark is 🔥🔥 and I love the story with him and Abbigale. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Thanks Netgalley for providing this ARC.
MaryAnn Costanzo
Oh holy chemistry... I just can't get enough of this couple. Abbi pushes Bas where nobody else who dare to.. But I would love to bottle Rio's sassiness... I love her also.. Can't wait for next installment
Gretchen
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thanks Netgalley for providing this ARC.
Rosanna1
Nov 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
I love this book. I can't wait to read more from this author. Great characters. I love that Abbigal I'd spunky and talks back. I only wished she would stand her ground. I can't wait to read more about these characters.
Erin
Nov 09, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Giveaway win!
Sparklin
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These ladies wrote a fantastic book. It has it all angst, mystery and some hot romance. Throw in some twist and you have an amazing read.
Bookish First Rea...: Shark's Edge by Angel Payne & Victoria Blue 1 3 Oct 22, 2019 08:31AM
USA Today bestselling romance author Angel Payne has been reading and writing her entire life. She has written for four publishing houses, and is also independently published. She most enjoys focusing on high heat and adventurous plots starring memorable alpha men and their headstrong heroines.

Angel's bestselling book series include the Bolt Saga, the Honor Bound series, the Suited for Sin series