Start by marking “Garden of Ravens” as Want to Read:

Garden of Ravens

A collection of dark poetry that journeys through folklore, twisted tales, mental breakdowns, and depression.

We hide in shadows
We wither under layers
Sunlight is for beautiful people
Darkness is for us

Availability: 3 copies available, 1131 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jul 13 - Jul 26, 2019

Countries available: U.S. and Canada

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Garden of Ravens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Garden of Ravens

destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
    Where is the meaning to my life
    Where is the ending to the grief
    Where is the sunlight for my eyes
    Will I ever smile again

I have mixed feelings about this collection. I really enjoyed the idea of weaving together this dark fantasy vibe with a little light horror, tied into a narrative of mental illness and love gone wrong. That said, while some of the poems worked well for me, others didn’t hit the mark.

You don’t deserve to be in peace
    After all you’ve done
    So I will help you find your place
    Among
    CuppaWords
    WHERE IS MY ATLANTIS

Will anyone notice that I’m gone?
    Will they miss seeing my face?
    If God wanted to save me. . .
    Why didn’t he send you to this place?

I tried so hard to make it.
    I tried to deal with the pain.
    But every morning I woke up,
    I was still stuck on this plane.

I cried out to you, you never answered.
    I cried out to you, you never came.
    Each day my pain was heightened,
    Each day I felt the same.

Will anyone wonder where I’ve gone?
    Will they care if I’m not here?
    Death rings its bells fo
    Tom
    Jul 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    2.5 ⭐’s
    #GardenOfRavens #NetGalley

I recieved this book from NetGalley for an honest review.

First off, four of the poems in this collection I truly felt. They spoke to me. And in that case I really felt power and connected with the collection. The writing style was so dark, yet kept me entertained enough to keep on reading and I’d like to read more poems like this in the near future. However, the lower rating is because out of a collection of poems, only being connected to four is quite low. Th
    Aida R.
    3.5 stars.

This was quite the unusual poetry collection.
    The dedication reads "for the overthinkers" and i think it fits really well. some of the poems felt like the kind of nightmare that's foggy once you wake up, other felt like the thoughts you get right before you fall asleep. some of them felt like what my brain does when i'm in the middle of an anxiety attack. it's different and a bit weird, the style is nothing new or outstanding, but i really liked it.

Romy
    I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

"Momma always told me to watch out for
    wolves in nice suits
    But even the strongest wolf will perish with
    the right dose of poison." -- Wolves

Alright, first off: I love reading poetry, I hate reviewing poetry. I find it difficult to rate such deep, personal, sensitive works like popular poetry. Most popular poetry works include themes that the author themselves have experienced before and thus I find it difficult to
    Juli
    Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
    What a disappointment 😩

I was so excited to read an anthology of dark poetry and though I pushed to read 71% I was thoroughly bored all the way throughout only enjoying 2 or 3 poems 😭 so for the first time in a while I had to DNF (did not finish) 🙁

My main issue is that it was described as "collection of dark poetry that journeys through folklore, twisted tales, mental breakdowns, and depression"
    It felt nothing like that. It felt like a stream of consciousness of teen angst which I wouldn't mind i
    Jason A.
    "Garden of Ravens," the book of poetry by Krystal Jane Ruin is an interesting collection of personal and dark fantasy poetry. Her poetry is deep and engaging. There are some that really resonate with me and others I was somewhat disinterested in.

All in all, there is something here to discover and connect with. This poetry has its own unique voice. Some of the works are also repeated in both English and French. Several of the poems have multiple parts or continuations into additional poems. Some
    Kristina  Wilson
    This is a 2.5 star collection for me. Garden of Ravens is divided into seven sections, all with a different theme for the garden. I found these poems to be geared to a Young Adult audience, focusing on themes of heartbreak, love, self-esteem and body image. While the poems were decent, this felt like a collection I've seen countless times at this point. Krystal Jane Ruin writes competent poetry and this collection felt cohesive in its structure. I knocked this down .5 stars because it was market ...more
    Michelle
    “I built this spiky wall around me
    I almost wish I could break down
    Sure, no one can get in
    But I can’t get out”

I find it difficult to review poetry. It’s a very personal thing - and its enjoyment is always subjective, depending on how much it makes you feel.
    Unfortunately, this poetry collection left me rather cold. There were a few poems here and there that sparked my interest (“I Love Coffee” for example), but most of the poems simply did not resonate with me. The majority of them read like a 200
    Arlene
    Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I hate to review poetry. It is written from deep within. It comes from the soul so reviews are more angst ridden.
    Suffering from depression myself I felt some kinship with the writer. These poems are raw and cry out but in a youthful unpolished voice.
    Bravo to the poet who made the effort to illustrate pain with words. Just needs some refining. Perhaps that is my age speaking.
    Alan D.D.
    Although there were several poems I feel in love with, there were many others who got me out of the spell in a second. So many ups and downs made it hard to keep focused on the book, although I liked th ideas and the style. There is a dark charm in all of the poems, no matter if you like them or not.
    Heather Bennett
    Garden of Ravens is a unique collection of poems. I enjoyed a couple of the poems ,but I was not blown away by them.
    Blair
    Jul 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Some poems are better than others, I liked the first section the most. My favorite poems were Werewolf and Pinewood Falls.
    Hira Chaudhary
    Micielle
    Beth Carlson
    Ada Lavin
    Jul 13, 2019
    Krystal is a writer of paranormal and supernatural fiction residing in the Tennessee Valley. When she’s not writing, she can be found sipping matcha frappucinos and searching for unicorns in the wild.