Start by marking “Returning to Mr. Darcy” as Want to Read:
Returning to Mr. Darcy

Returning to Mr. Darcy

***This is a re-release with significant changes***
Elizabeth Bennet has the perseverance and heart of a warrior, but life has knocked her down and she has lost her spark. However, after a car accident and awakening to find herself back in time with a man who calls her his wife, she finally finds the spark she had lost. She realizes it’s time to stop being scared and embra
Published May 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Returning to Mr. Darcy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Returning to Mr. Darcy

Start your review of Returning to Mr. Darcy
Debbie
Jul 28, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own-it, jaff, 2018-jaff
Well, I always want to say something positive in a review. This author is clearly very creative and has a great imagination.

Unfortunately, you need more than that to write a good book, or even an okay book.

I'm honestly not sure what I just read. The plot is way outside the box, but it's a world where logic and believable character reactions don't exist. That would be one thing if this was written as a parody or in an Alice-in-Wonderland-type style, but it appears to take itself seriously.

We've
N.N. Light
A modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice but in a time-travel kind of way. The characters were fun to read while the plot was touch and go. What do I mean? I mean, the plot was moving swimmingly and then it got stuck in this really weird spot and I got bored. Then it would move along again. The whole time-travel thing was an okay concept but I really loved Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy in the contemporary setting. The end of the book was well-done, though.

Reviewed by: Mrs. N

My Rating: 3 stars
Madenna U
While reading this book, I constantly asked myself what was going on - and not in a good way. The book incorporates time travel, kidnapping, an evil Anne DeBourgh, a strange Mr. Bennet, an "angel", steamy love scenes, and more all at breakneck speed. The story came to a screeching halt that gave me whip lash only to have a few chapter of a strange happily ever after. ...more
Jennifer Pennell
An abomination! Love of the timeless Pride and Prejudice characters is why one reads an adaptation. This story perverts each character beyond recognition, twisting them into something detestable. One wonders if the author has even read the source material. The story is riddled with historical inaccuracies. The plotting is non-existent. All of it told with the storytelling prowess of a child. A waste of time.
Babs
Nov 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Elizabeth has been in a car accident and has awaken to a different time with some man who thinks is her husband. She has been feeling like she has been missing something in her life and know she thinks she has found it.

Darcy doesn’t know what to think of Elizabeth with the way she is acting but knows it is part of her amnesia or is it? He finds relief in the bottle as he thinks she may have someone else in her life as he finds her in the arm of another man.

This was an interesting twist to an old
Suzan Lauder
I can't write a review for this book because my opinion would be perceived as too cruel in its truths.

I'm also a JAFF author and my reviews could be considered a potential conflict of interest. This has not stopped me from reviewing books honestly in the past, including critical reviews, however, let's just leave this one alone.

I almost dropped this book then returned to it and read it completely.

I do not recommend this book.
Jenny
May 31, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019-read, jaff
I decided to read this when I saw a post on Facebook by the author to say this was a relaunch with some major changes... all I can say is I dread to think how it started out.

It's difficult to describe what the book is about. There are too many ideas in here, it's almost like this book doesn't really know what it wants to be. It starts in modern times with Elizabeth Bennet breaking up with her boyfriend before kind of starting something with William Darcy. She's in a car crash and gets transporte
Debra-Ann
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! If you are looking for your normal everyday Pride & Prejudice variation this is not for you. This is a modern/regency mash-up. I love that you can never predict what the author is going to do next. It was sad/funny/sweet and loving. I don't want to spoil the book as some others have done. Keep in mind that this is a variation and it is not going to fit the mold as a regular variation - that's the point - to change things up. Enjoy the story for what it is and take an emotional ...more
Elizabeth Hossenlopp
That was DEFINITELY a different Pride and Prejudice variation. An interesting plot, new take on some characters but the romance between Darcy and Elizabeth was still there. I was happy about that.
Julianne Bellardo
Susan
Modern day Elizabeth Bennet is in a bad for her relationshp with Christian Davenport. She is a lover of the book Pride and Prejudice and finally, but briefly, meets Mr Darcy. Then a car crash sends her back to 1820 Pemberley, Derbyshire as Elizabeth Darcy, just after Mrs Darcy has been confronted by Darcy and Anne de Bourgh in a compromising position.
From then on the story seems to be just disjointed, until the expected happy ending. Throughout the book I didn't like any of the characters but wa
Olga Goa
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unexpected! Spectacular! Hot! Funny! Twisted!

I enjoyed reading this amazing story full of passion, intrigue, jealousy, love, betrayal and hotness. But be honest, the one disappointed thing was how Darcy reacted when saw Elizabeth with Charles. I thought he had guts, and he trusted Lizzie. But men are men. They are jealous and barely understand us, women. They see things in a different angle.
I was impressed by Jo character, she was amazing! I liked her humour, she made me laugh all the time, plus
Jamie Jack
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
This story takes place in both the modern-day present and Regency past. I was surprised how much of it took place in the present. Modern-day Elizabeth Bennet is in a relationship with a man who doesn't appreciate her and puts her second or third to everything else in his life. One of her boyfriend’s clients is a William Darcy, who for some reason doesn't like the way his business associate treats his girlfriend. Modern-day Elizabeth is a big fan of Pride and Prejudice, as one might imagine. Sudd ...more
Michelle Fritz PA
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars Unfortunately... I found this to be confusing!! With so many changes to past characters I was constantly struggling to decipher what had actually happened to them. Were they married? Why were they residing where they were? With a book of this nature, you expect changes, but along with changes you also need to have the new details laid out. Some of the characters were so vastly different that it was hard to believe who they were supposed to be. For hard core Austen fans, this will be a ...more
Shweta
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mr. Darcy & Ms. Elizabeth Bennett have been reincarnated in the 21st century. The once spirited Lizzie is a doormat in a doomed relationship to Charles a consultant. William Darcy is Charles client and experiences a strange pull towards Elizabeth.

An unfortunate accident take them back in time when they were Fitzwilliam Darcy & Elizabeth Bennett, who were later immortalized by Jane Austen in the novel Pride & Prejudice.

Between great confusion, mistaken identities and kidnapping & murder plots w
Peyton Gaudiosi
I love Elizabeth Bennet and Mr Darcy. The first chapters of this book filled me with so much hope. I thought it would be a modern twist on Pride and Prejudice. After the car accident it just became a confusing twisted mess. Maybe it is reincarnation, maybe it is time travel, maybe it is hallucinations, maybe it is heaven or hell?! I get that the writer was trying something new and I give props to that but the writing is juvenile and this book is filled with errors.

I received a free copy of this
Alexis Mills *from the heart of a bibliophile lair*
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Alexis by: the author did
people may say they dont like this book but for me i abostyle love it. I started it last night right after i got it and i spent most of the night reading this and i was hooked because it was brilliant read. Five star book for sure and i do plan on rereading it later on this year. <3

side notes:
-like the cover
-the blurb is what caught my eye
-didnt take long for me to read it and yes it kept me pulled into it
- plan on rereading it later on in the year

Tanya
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She has been knocked down so many times that she is unsure what to do but then she is involved in a car accident. She ends up travelling back in time.She has no memories now and he is worried about her. He turns to the bottle but when he sees her hugging another man he ends it all. Is it all it seems? See what will happen

Barbara
This is a time travel story and a twist on the Pride& Prejudice story, this is a new Author to both myself and it looks like to writing stories I will have to see how she does. I am not sure if I liked it or not so I will be reading it again to see if I change my mind. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Elizabeth McDaniel
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The modern day Elizabeth Bennett and Mr Darcy were bound to end up together in this sweet rocky road adventure. The characters were so much fun to read about and their journey was adventurous too.

Marsha
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Time travel

This was a different approach in which I enjoyed reading. If you like different scenarios this a book for you. I love how Mr Darcy realizes and how the love of Lizzy and Darcy survive. Highly recommended
Buturot
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Poor Lizzy

At first it was sad and a little disheartening - heartache of Lizzy.with Darcy also abandoning then disgusting her. Why would a husband leave his pregnant wife? They are rich anyway, get more bodyguards but always stay together.Glad there was a HEA.
Heather W
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a modern day romance with a time travel twist to it. It has kidnapping, jealousy, murder plots, intrigue, and some humour to it. Definitely an interesting read.

ElenaE
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too confusing. Barely understood what author meant in some scenes.
Jessica
Aug 04, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not a good read at all. I finished the book because I kept hoping it would get better. It didn't save yourself the time. ...more
Shannon
JaneR
added it
Aug 22, 2018

• Duels of Every Sort: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • A Prospect at Pemberley: a Steamy Pride & Prejudice Variation (Summer Love Book 3)
  • Recognizing Love: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Entirely A Matter Of Chance: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Proof of Love - A Pemberley Tale
  • If I Were Mrs. Darcy... A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Bingley's Deception: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Speechless
  • Fitzwilliam Darcy, Poet: A Pride & Prejudice Variation (Dimensions of Darcy Book 2)
  • The Secret Mrs. Darcy: A Forced Marriage Pride and Prejudice Variation (Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet Conjured Anew Book 1)
  • A Matter of Honor: A Pride & Prejudice Variation
  • Mr. Darcy, the Dance, and Desire: a Pride and Prejudice variation
  • Wild Goose Chase: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • The Darcy Legacy: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • True Love Never Fails... (True Love, #1)
  • Writerly Ambitions: An Elizabeth and Darcy Story