Start by marking “Time Torn (The Lost Days, #1)” as Want to Read:
Time Torn (The Lost Days, #1)

Time Torn

(The Lost Days #1)

To protect the people she loves from destruction, Cris Scarlet made the ultimate sacrifice - her life.

Or, at least, she thought she had. After a nuclear war rips apart our world she wakes, alive, to find the veil of time broken but the world as she knows it is gone. Instead, every dream and every nightmare walks around us.

Trapped on a pirate ship, surrounded by a cold-bl
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 208 pages
Published May 26th 2019 by Sera Blue

To ask other readers questions about Time Torn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Torn

Start your review of Time Torn (The Lost Days, #1)
Blaire Hammond
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Time Torn by Ilse V. Rensburg Spoiler Free Review.

*I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for a free and honest review.*

I was so extremely excited about picking up this book. It sounded excellent and I was super keen to dive in and see if it lived up to the blurb. And boy did it! This story was excellent! I absolutely adored the world, the story, the characters, the everything. It was just phenomenal!

I gave this book a 4.5 out of 5 stars. I truly adored every moment of my time reading this b
Nikita Boshoff
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mr Pink ink
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 24b4monday
Time Torn is an action packed fantasy adventure that will take you on a voyage on a pirate ship, battling gorgons and sirens and other mythological creatures, suddenly brought into our world by a nuclear explosion that tore the veil of time!!!

I loved this book and I cannot wait for the next book in this series!

Go get it now

Find my full review here.
Adria
Jun 14, 2019 rated it liked it
*No spoilers* This story begins with Cris, the main character, after she has sacrificed herself to a nuclear bomb to save the rest of humanity per a prophecy, yet still miraculously lives. We are given clues as to why the bomb went off throughout the book, sometimes at crucial moments in the middle of a conversation so you forget what they were talking about because of her reminiscing. The rest of the story takes place on a pirate ship where she's taken when she's found alive. She's shunned by s ...more
Ashleigh Hattingh
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bradley Gibb
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read this book for the Pirates. And the sirens. But mostly the Pirates.
Coral Chanel (Reading Starlight)
*Spoiler free review*

This is a modern YA Fantasy that will completely blow you away. It’s got everything you look for when wanting to escape to that magical fantasy world you’re always searching for. There’s twists and turns, excellent character development and world building which leaves you hungry for more once you’ve actually finished this book. Luckily there’s more from this author on the horizon!!
Kelan Gerriety
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Time Torn is the modern YA fantasy story you've dreamed about, the one where you travel with the MC back in time and suddenly you're on a pirate ship and there are sirens and gorgons and high stakes and, of course, love. I can't believe we have 7 more of these exciting books coming out!! ...more
Mike Alan
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sirens and pirates, perfect!
Tiffany
I received a digital arc in exchange for an honest review. This is simply my opinion on the book and is not influenced by any external factor.

I’m going to start first by providing the rating, and then explaining why I’ve given it this score.

4/5 – An exciting fantasy adventure that was hard to put down. Easy to read, however, it does contain some strong language (not for younger readers).

“I’d wanted a life like one of my fantasy novels and now I actually had that life. It just goes to show. Al
Kera
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have a weakness for Pirates and Magic.

Time Torn was such a fun read, a story that takes the reader on a wild adventure, and with the quick pacing I couldn't put the book down.

Though, there were a few punctuation mistakes, they were easy to overlook. I'm super curious about this prophecy, and look forward to spending more time with the Pirates.
Jaco Pienaar
Jun 09, 2019
Ilse Rensburg
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Thalia Lopes
Jul 11, 2020
amanda
added it
Aug 31, 2020

• Misfortunism (Misfortunism Series Book 1)
  • Into the Dark (EON Series Book 2)
  • Heka and the Colour Thief
  • Clockwork Renegades Vol. 1
  • Ethereal
  • Sleight of Hand
  • Crimson Skies  (EON Series, #1)
  • Our Immaculate
  • The Black Cube
  • Clockwork Renegades Vol. 2
  • Relative Scale
  • Shadows of Carnage (The Progenitor Trilogy Book 1)
  • The Dragon Child (The Dragon Child, #1)
  • Hacked
  • The Fae Hunter's Daughter (Whims of Witches Book 1)
  • Zodiac Academy: The Awakening (Supernatural Bullies and Beasts, #1)
  • Over Ruled (Over Ruled #1)
  • Crown of Dragons (Bleeding Realms: Dragon Blessed #1)
Ilse V Rensburg (B. November 20, 1989) is a South African author of young-adult, urban and dark fantasy novels. A self-proclaimed verbivore with a passion for puns, Ilse has a BA in Languages and Literature, and an ineffable love for cats.

News & Interviews

“She is a siren of death, disturbingly beautiful and heartbreakingly deadly.” 2 likes
“The sky is diluted scarlet. It is an oddity, a noticeable wound in the fabric of our world. In specific areas, like Solange’s island, it stands out like a blooming flower in a dying garden.” 0 likes