Start by marking “Twisted Fates (Dark Stars, #2)” as Want to Read:
Twisted Fates (Dark Stars, #2)

Twisted Fates

(Dark Stars #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  300 ratings  ·  59 reviews
One past. Two girls. Infinite futures.

As far as anyone in New Seattle knows, Dorothy has disappeared. The stowaway from 1913, the girl that Ash maybe—possibly—could’ve loved: she’s gone. And in her place is bloodthirsty Quinn Fox, silver-haired and vicious. But even though he saw her fall through the anilon their last ill-fated mission through time, Ash can’t stop himself
Published February 25th 2020 by HarperTeen

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Twisted Fates (Dark Stars, #2)
Lucy Buller
Feb 21, 2019 marked it as to-read
I NEED THIS NOW
Katerina  Kondrenko
5.9 out of 10

Ugh, I almost lost my interest in this series because of romance but the plot gave me new twits and here I am waiting for the next installment. I also wish the characters' motivations were better thought-out.
Stay Fetters
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
"How do you frighten frightening people? You become frightening yourself."

Twisted Fates was a book that I needed right after I finished reading Stolen Time. The ending to the first book shocked me and this one ended the same way. I devoured both of these books and I’m bloodthirsty for more.

These adventurous time travelers are back and they’re raising all kinds of hell. Not only do deathly fates come true but they see the future and it shocks them to their core.

The Dark Stars series is my absolu
Monogamist
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
HOLY MOTHER FORKING SHIRTBALLS...

what just happened? What did I read?? That last chapter?? Is it for real??

Excuse me Ms Rollins, Harper Teen... Can I have the third book like right now?? 😱😱
Panna Fox
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have made a huge mistake: I thought it was a duology and could not understand why the plot was getting thicker and thicker at the end instead of giving me answers I was dying for. ⠀
Ha! The answer is bitter-sweet: yey, I will get one more of these amazing books (it should be way more popular, I do not understand why it is not, honestly. Beautiful covers of truly great books, c'mon people!). But there is the bitter part, too: I have to wait for the final book (wait, I hope I am assuming it right
Annette
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ever since I read the first book, which was included in the Book Box Club, I was already really looking forward to the second book. There were so many questions unanswered and there were so many unexpected twists and turns. I just HAD to know where this would all go, how this would end, where this would lead.

I will start with the bad news: Although this book does give a few answers, it comes with loads and loads more questions, a few very surprising reveals and even more twists and turns. But I
Caden
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
4/5 Stars!

I really loved the first book in this series, and I really enjoyed this book as well! I think this is a really well plotted time travel story. I usually don't love books that have to do with time travel, but this series continues to impress me. I am super excited to see where the series goes next!

Thanks for reading!
Caden

Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
*gasps* there had better be another book! I like Dorothy so much more in this book. She became an actual character and not just some lovesick puppy with a background in cons. The full cast was just far more interesting to follow and I loved the conflicts we run into with trying to change events with time travel.
Elissa Wolff
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved the first book and devoured this one. Although, I am extremely confused about the ending. My only complaint about this story is that I wish there were more fans so I could talk with them and theorize about what the heck is going on!!! I feel a little dumb lol but I’m just wanting moooore! Can’t wait till book 3!
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was good. What an ending
!! I need book 3 like right now
Perry Matlin
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Amazing! 4.5 Stars!!!! When can I have book 3 in my hands???????
Sparrow
This volume was a real disappointment compared to the first book. I felt like I read a book in an entirely different series.

My main problem was that I can no longer recognize Dorothy. Somehow, in the space of a year, she has become a villain. And I simply cannot understand why. Why does she not want to reach back out to Ash and the gang? Why? WHY? That is the trigger to her sticking with the Black Circus, for leading them, and for, apparently, being sympathetic to Roman's plot (which, hey, isn't
Amanda (MetalPhantasmReads)
*Library audio book*
**3.5 stars but rounded up to a 4 due to the ending chapters**
What the crap just happened?! I have a theory that I'm pretty sure is true but how are things going to end?? I liked how twisty things got and I can't wait for the final book. While the first half was a bit dry, this is still a good and underrated series for YA sci-fi. I liked the first book more, since I thought the pacing was better and the characters felt more layered and richer, but still a good sequel with maj
Sam
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rtc, 2020-read
Jesus these books love painful cliffhangers. I truly adored this book almost as much as the first one. Ash and Dorothy have my heart. (Impressive with a het pairing.)

The only negative thing I have to say is that I wish we got more Chandra, Willis, and Zora.

I need Dark Stars NOW. How am I supposed to wait until March??
Morgan | Mashleas Reads
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!!

What can I say, my mind is blown.
This was an excellent sequel in a thrilling series. I was completely captivated by the first book and this book kept me guessing the entire time.

I lived for each page and now I CANNOT wait to read the next book.
Wonda
Jun 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
4...Better than the debut novel, hooked to time travel! And that ending!!! Seriously, when is the next one?
Katherine Paschal
Jun 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Time travel makes everything delightfully complicated! I love how the author twists the reader and the characters all up until who knows what is real. I'm excited to see how the trilogy will end ...more
Jess ✩
I am confused and yet intrigued at the same time. Also, none of this made sense.
Hilary
After the shocking end of the first book (Stolen Time), I could not wait to pick this one up. And I was not disappointed. Exciting, surprising, and full of characters you want to root for. ...more
Claudia Decada
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"In a love story, there’s always a moment near the end of the movie when the protagonist has to make a choice. Either she does the easy thing and life continues as usual, or she does the hard thing and everything changes. She faces her fears and winds up with everything she ever wanted."
"This isn’t a love story"

Khe?! 🤨🙃 Alguien entrégueme el siguiente libro 😫

Ashley
Oct 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, sci-fi
This one might be a shorter review, as I came into this series as a newcomer and don't have a ton to say about it. While I thought it was interesting and decently written, I can't say that I had a particularly strong reaction to it either way. It was more middle of the road for me, though I do think some of the concepts explored in it are interesting. At the risk of rambling on for too long, however, let me get into this review.

Twisted Fates is told from the point of view of two young teens: As
Alexiani G
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
I’m still thinking of this books rating. While I was reading this book I got interrupted multiple times so I couldn’t finish it more quickly. Maybe I’ll give it 3 stars but right now I don’t know if is me hating the book and its story or if is really the book.

I have one word to describe how I felt while reading this book: frustrated.

Again, I don’t know how to describe this but this book can be read so easily. The chapters are way short, the story is absolutely not complicated, is super easy to f
Si-Sena
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was definitely better than the first book, just as I hoped! More depth to the story, more exciting travels between the past and the future, easier to visualise in my head, more surprises. So I think it worths to put one more star :)

Only subject that preoccupied my mind was the incoherence between the theory of nonlinear time-prememory-changeable future paradox. If what is going to happen is going it happen, it goes hand in hand with nonlinear time because it has already happened. But if a s
Celeste
Apr 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I love how this book gave me déjà vu. I think that’s exactly what the second installment of a time travel novel should do. I’m especially impressed with how the author managed to do it without it feeling redundant. I found myself cross referencing my highlights in the previous book in the hopes of finding clues about the intricacies of time travel in their world. I had the feeling that something was off from the start. I’m impressed with how the author managed to pull off such a feat. Things tru ...more
Rajasree Jayaram
Oh. My. GOD. what kind of an ending is that?!
How long do I have to wait for the next book? Will I be alive until then or will the suspense kill me? Aarrrggghhh.

Events moved quite swiftly in this book, with brief flashbacks to how Quinn got her reputation and the Black Cirkus because what it is. Meanwhile Ash and his friends are frantically trying to decipher the Professor's notes and figure out anything that can help. In the process of doing so, Zora uncovers a pattern that brings a devastating
Gwen :)
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ (4/5)
Twisted Fates by Danielle Rollins

{possible spoilers for Stolen Time}

Synopsis:

While everyone thinks Dorothy has disappeared, lost to the void of time travel, that isn’t the case. After crash-landing in the future a year before her friends, Dorothy has turned herself into the bloodthirsty Quinn Fox and aligned herself with the very people Ash and her old friends are against.

With the date of his fated death at the hands of Quinn Fox growing closer, Ash and his friends search for D
Zaneta  @ I'm Fully Booked
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So... I'm low key obsessed with this series and with Dorothy as the main character.

Stolen Time really took me by surprise. But after loving the first book so much I should've known I'll love this one just as much... and yet. It still surprised me. Especially that ending.

Dorothy is definitely one of my favourite female protagonists now. She does an absolute 180 since the first book (reminds me a bit of Enne Salta from Ace of Shades) and she grows into and incredible badass and I love her.
The t
Célia
Apr 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s again a 5 out of 5 for this second volume!!!

It is with great pleasure that I started this second book. There, I found the addictive pen of Danielle Rollins, the intriguing story and the characters of Ash and Dorothy that I love so much!

As with the first volume, this volume ends with an end that turns our heads, brings us a lot of new questions and makes me want to pull my hair out!!! Because I'm in shock. Honestly, there's a lot going on in this book. As much the first volume was rather in
Ashley Barger
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I choked down Twisted Fates in less than 24 hours; what can I say, once I picked it up I just couldn't picked it down. Admittedly, I had been quite desperate for a long time to see Shannon's story line resolved (so needless to say, when I got my hands on this book it was on!

Without giving a whole lot away, Shannon had obviously been living in a sort of limbo for a while, living with both the physical and mental scars inflicted upon her by Brian, before Lindsay, once again, steps in to save her.
Heather
Mar 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
I grew to hate Dorothy even more in this book. She is incredibly weak (in every sense of the word) and shortsighted and very, very stupid. I kept waiting for some truth to be revealed that would cast all her selfish actions in a better light, but she just gets progressively more awful throughout the book.

The only reason I keep reading (and the only reason this wasn't a 1-star read) is because the time travel aspect is very interesting and unique, and the supporting characters are all great (with

• Twisted Fates (Pleasure House, #5)
  • Crown of Feathers (Crown of Feathers, #1)
  • Phoenix Unbound (Fallen Empire, #1)
  • Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers, #1)
  • Mooncakes
  • High Noon (The High Stakes Saga #4)
  • The Girl of Hawthorn and Glass (The Girl of Hawthorn and Glass, #1)
  • Saint X
  • Mortal Kingdom (Silent Kingdom #0.5)
  • One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
  • We Are Animals
  • Night Spinner (Night Spinner, #1)
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl from Everywhere, #1)
  • Dying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #3)
  • Mirage
  • Legend
  • Alpha & Omega
  • Siren
Also writes under pseudonyms Danielle Vega and Ellie Rollins. ...more

Dark Stars (3 books)
  • Stolen Time (Dark Stars, #1)
  • Dark Stars (Dark Stars, #3)