Start by marking “His Unexpected Heiress (Entangled Inheritance #2)” as Want to Read:
His Unexpected Heiress (Entangled Inheritance #2)

His Unexpected Heiress

(Entangled Inheritance #2)

An unexpected fortune falls into a tradeswoman’s lap, a gentleman insists it rightfully belongs to him, will falling in love make matters better or worse?

A third son to an earl, Adam Gillensford knows his only hope of an inheritance is through his great uncle. But when the Will is read, Adam learns most of the wealth has been left to a complete stranger, and a seamstres

Kindle Edition
Published July 12th 2019 (first published July 10th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about His Unexpected Heiress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Unexpected Heiress

Melissa
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy the way Sally writes. It is always fun to read her books. This one was great. Start to finish just a good book. Elaine is just a good soul, maybe too trusting at times. Not sure I would let an old man come in out of the rain. Good thing she does tho! Adam was a great character. Fighting his selfishness and family issues he won me over. These two truely fit well. The story's flow was well done. Nothing jarring or out of character. The Drama was not over the top and thank goodness i ...more
Jackie
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What makes a Sally Britton novel so special? Let me tell you....
Sally has a wonderful talent for creating a believable and enjoyable story with really likable characters.
Her novel 'His Unexpected Heiress' is no exception. I loved every bit of this story - from beginning to end!
Elaine and Adam are the perfect compliment to each other.
Elaine has an incredibly kind and beautiful heart, but lacks a bit of confidence in her new situation.
Adam has ulterior motives in the beginning, but learns to be
Joy
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
TITLE: An act of kindness is well rewarded!

Miss Elaine Chapple, a seamstress trained by her now deceased father, has left London for s smaller town and established her own shop. She is raising 2 wards, a boy and a girl, without help from anyone, and with no inheritance to cushion her. She is a shining beacon of selflessness in a darkened world of just the opposite- selfishness. Her light gets the attention of a similarly minded old man, when she invites him to take shelter in her store, from a s
Connie Fischer
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Elaine Chapple, age 26, is a seamstress working in her shop in Ipswich. Her father had been a tailor and taught her the trade. She had also attended a good finishing school. Seeing an older man standing outside in the cold rain, she graciously invites him into her warm shop. Speaking in a cultured voice, he introduces himself as Peter Gillensford. She offers him a cup of tea and some tarts she had made. They chat and he is pleased at her kindness. As he leaves, she tries to go after him to offer ...more
Cathy Morgan
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One cold, rainy day, Elaine, a poor seamstress with two adopted children, offers shelter and refreshments to a man she believes to be poor. But when he dies, she finds that, though she has never seen him since, he has left much of his large estate, including a house, to her, on condition that she lives there for at least a year. Adam, third son of an earl, has little money and no expectations, other than from a great-uncle. But when the uncle dies, he leaves most of his property to a seamstress ...more
Melissa Hayford
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I loved this story! Elaine is such a wonderful kind hearted woman. You can't help but love her and champion her. Adam is also easy to like, even if he seems a little lost in the beginning. I also loved the supporting characters and how they helped this fine couple. Elaine is all things wonderful and it is not surprising the way she handled herself in many difficult situations. This was so well written and so hard to put down. My only complaint is I wish there was an epilogue a few years int ...more
Trudy Cordle
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading Elaine and Adam's story. Adam had some growing up to do, and managed to do it well. Elaine's influence was apparent, and you knew that Adam was going to change, too, in good ways. I'd have liked an epilogue to tell me more!
Deanna
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sally Britton’s story’s are like a step back in time. Beautifully written, with lots of detail which just draws you in. You get to watch the characters grow and mature and become so much more than when you first met them. Her style of writing is very reminiscent of Georgette Heyer. An absolute delight to read once you get into it.

I received this as an arc and I am giving my honest review voluntarily
Shauna
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this author. She has a way of spinning a story in such a simple way that you get to experience all the feels. Elaine is a treasure and Adam can’t help but be drawn to her. A sweet love story about finding love because you give love so freely.
Joanna
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic book by Sally Britton! She has quickly become one of my favorite authors. I just love her characters and story lines. If this is your first book by her, drop everything and read all her books! They’re amazing!!!
Amy
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet story of two very different people from two different worlds growing together. I loved the story of Elaine and her very generous inheritance from a man who is practically a stranger. She bestows a kindness on him and in his will he leaves her practically everything. His nephew, Adam, is expecting to inherit it all and is dealt a blow when the will is read. He isn't inheriting what he thought and in order to inherit what is willed to him, he must assist the new heiress. Does he act i ...more
Sally
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the first book in the series, but this one was better!
JOANN
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful book by Sally. She knows just how to tell a story and weave it all together with awesome characters. You will fall in love with Elaine, Adam, his youngest sister, and the children while despising his mother, oldest sister, brother, and sister-in-law.
The story is about an elderly man who was offered kindness from a stranger and his ungrateful family. He leaves his estate to a seamstress who offered her hospitality to him during a low point in his life during a rainstorm where h
Dawn Pearson
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adam Gillensford is certain that he will inherit his great uncle's estate, especially since he considers himself his great uncle's favorite. However, when he learns that his great uncle gave the estate to a stranger instead, and that he's forced to assist her in all ways of estate management in order to receive any sort of inheritance at all, he's not so certain about his future.

Elaine Chapple is in an unusual position. On the one hand, she's a simple tradeswoman as a seamstress. On the other,
Desiree
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet, hea regency romance. I've always enjoyed books by this author. The story flows nicely eventhough it is a shorter book. I found the H & h likeable. The H is a bit of a crossroads and I liked how his sister helped the story along. I'd love to hear read her story if ever there was a spinoff! This series is a fun idea. I've read both so far and I reccommend both. Nice escape on a summer day.
Lisa
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
His Unexpected Heiress is a well-written, clean historical romance. I found this to be a delightful read. It's just one of those special books that lifts you up whenever you think of it. Elaine is lovable from the start. She's hard-working, kind, and generous. Adam needed the character growth that he received to become the man that Elaine deserves. Elaine's wards, William and Nancy, add touches of humor and tenderness to the story. Peter Gillensford's kind and wise influence is felt throughout t ...more
Terressa
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sally has done it again! Her story telling/writing talent brought me into the story from the first page. I love the adventure of discovery in Sally’s stories. This was beautifully written and shared the transformation of both the hero and heroine in a real, yet regency way.
The theme of kindness woven throughout the book is exceptional! The kindness of one can change those around you, not only in a fictional setting, but in reality. Elaine is my new favorite heroine!

Disclosure statement:
I receiv
Jillian
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very sweet clean wholesome story

I love it when a plan comes together! Adam’s great uncle knew what he was doing when he gave his estate to someone other than Adam. Much to his family’s dismay he gave it to a young unmarried seamstress with wards! This situation really gave Adam a chance to prove what he was made of. If he was as snobby and shallow as his family or made of better stuff. Happily he does have a heart of gold despite his initial misgivings. Elaine is a wonderful angel sort of woman
Felicia
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Elaine may be my most favorite character Britton has ever created. I love her selflessness and her composure. I also enjoyed that the hero Adam was not perfect in the beginning. He was able to learn and grow and change from his experiences. We are all a work in progress. This was a wonderful story of compassion, kindness, forgiveness and the redemptive power of love to change one's heart.
Margaret Henry
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful,wonderful,wonderful book one of the best I have read in a

Long time keep on writing book like this. May God bless you this book shows the that God has a hand in leading Elaine.
Leann Arave
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was one of those books that you cannot put down, but you also don’t want it to end! I loved that Elaine was strong and independent yet kind and selfless. Adam definitely needed to be set straight. I received this book as an advanced review copy. I was so caught up in the story, I didn’t even notice if there are any editing mistakes. (Sally is just that good!) It is a wonderful clean and sweet romantic love story! Well done Sallly Britton !!
Evonne Hutton
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet and clean historical romance that will keep you reading!
The rags to riches storyline will endear it to your heart.
Well written with characters that stand out.
Leslie
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book by Britton, always fantastic sweet romances. I loved Elaine meeting Mr. Peter Gillensford and how strong she is in always choosing kindness.

It was wonderful to see Adam change but I expected more from his mother. I know this book is part of a series with other authors but I hope Britton writes more, I want to see Philippa have her own HEA.
Heather
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Charming

Though the story went just about as I expected it would (don’t most stories?), I completely enjoyed the journey. Two good people, finding their place in the world, and with each other. I highly recommend anything this author writes, and this is no exception.

Clean, with just some light kissing.
Gail
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful sweet story. A single seamstress with a heart of gold and her 2 young wards, a third son to an earl and his arrogant family, all make for a warm-hearted story that I snuggled into like a cozy blanket! It was hard to put the book down. Love conquers all! The subtle changes in H, who becomes our h's defender & goes to extreme lengths to protect, is endearing. I highly recommend this sweet and clean regency romance. I received a complimentary copy of this book. The opinions vo ...more
Stacey
Shelves: review-books
Another fantastic story by Sally Britton. Each step of the story had me enthralled & just wanting more. I really enjoyed the fact that the solicitor is the same from the previous novel in the series “A Provision of Love” by Heather Chapman. I find him more endearing with each encounter. I am eagerly looking forward to the next book in the series!
Jenna Killpack
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this one! If you are looking for a new historical romance author you need to check Sally Britton out! I love the way she writes, she is very talented! Loved Elaine and Adam’s story. Elaine is just so good to her bones and I loved how she helped Adam to be a better person, to me that’s real life/love when you inspire the other to be better version or embrace the best parts of themself. Clean Romance I didn’t want to put down!
Colin Bell
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After a chance meeting Elaine, a seamstress, inherits an estate that Adam had been expecting to be left by his great uncle. As part of terms of the will in order to receive some monies he has to help her settle in to high society. His family are very anti her, however as he starts helping her he starts to see her in a different light.
Lara
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely story of love and goodness conquering all! The characters were fantastic and very human. I loved that they were able to change and become better. They were very dynamic. A clean, sweet love story with a wonderfully happy ending!

I received a complimentary copy of the book. All opinions are my own and are expressed voluntarily.
Holly
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! Such a sweet story of trust and kindness. I loved how the hero changed through the book. At the beginning of the book I didn’t like him as much but being around Elaine helped him become the person he was meant to be. Great book!!
« previous 1 3 next »
Sally Britton is sixth generation Texan, received her BA in English from Brigham Young University, and reads voraciously. She started her writing journey at the tender age of fourteen on an electric typewriter, and she’s never looked back.

Sally lives in Arizona with her husband, four children, and their two rescue dogs. She loves researching, hiking, and eating too much chocolate.

Entangled Inheritance (4 books)
  • A Provision for Love (Entangled Inheritance #1)
  • The Rivals of Rosennor Hall (Entangled Inheritance #3)
  • An Unwelcome Suitor (Entangled Inheritance #4)