Start by marking “Innocence (Tales of Olympus, #1)” as Want to Read:
Innocence (Tales of Olympus, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Innocence

(Tales of Olympus #1)

I’m king of the criminal underworld.
I always get what I want.
And she’s my obsession.
Cora is new to the city of sin.
Her innocent blue eyes beg for me to claim her.
But I’m not the billionaire she thinks I am.
There’s a darkness within me.
And Cora is a shining light.
She’s beautiful. A virgin.
I’m ruthless. A beast.
She found me for a reason.
She’ll be my queen.
I’ll gi
Published May 26th 2019 (first published January 20th 2015)

Kat Valentine
Aug 31, 2019 rated it liked it
The reason for a three star rating is because of the storyline,I don't have problems with the submissive theme except that it's done by degrading and the whole collar and leash thing just pisses me off!!! Marcus is a dark fucking asshole who's soul purpose is revenge for what happened to his sister. I get it, what was done to his sister was horrible! But cora was innocent,it was her father and his men who raped and murdered marcus's sister so I'm not buying it. I will say that it's me not this b ...more
Maddy
I need to say this first: Is it me or did the authors describe the hero as 'Hades' from Disney's Hercules? I swear they did and it kinda put a dampener on things for me for a short time.

Now that i have got that off my chest...

I enjoyed this modern retelling of the Greek Myths' Hades and Persephone. The hero was referred to as Lord of the Underworld; his minions as Shades; his bestie and chauffeur Sharo (t
*Dee's Book Carousel*
I enjoyed reading "Innocence (A Dark Mafia Romance)" but I hated the hero, well anti-hero, Mafia boss, Marcus Ubeli!

description

Well I didn't hate Marcus from the start of the story but as the story progressed, you discovered his hidden agendas/false pretenses against the heroine, Cora Vestian AKA Cora Titan! His revenge was against the Titan crew and when one of his shades spotted Cora in Olympus, Marcus started planning her ruination yet not really knowing that her cruel mother, Demi Titan had abused her all her life..
Lamees
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG💔
Cora, my heart hurts too much for you, the hell that you suffered through it is the real torment..
I didn’t prepare myself for the unexpected changes in Marcus’s actions..

I tried to give him all possible excuses, but it was difficult, very difficult my dear..

I felt in several attitudes that Marcus was in love with Cora, and I touched his kindness and the protection that he surrounded around her...
I believe the cruelty of fate and the world around them were unfai
Ann
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Warning: cliffhanger
I was conflicted with my feelings toward Marcus. He and I had a love/hate relationship. I could feel he was fighting his feelings toward Cora. Cora I adored. She was so strong for only 19. She was so sheltered as a child which is why Marcus could manipulate her. Despite all she endured with first her mom and now Marcus, it is a wonder she remains strong and open to happiness. I sure hope she finds true love and happiness in book 2.
Poisonic
A cruel jackass hero who used the innocent virgin heroine as a pawn to draw his old enemy (heroine's mom) out. The heroine was a doormat. Even though H treated h like shit, she still risked her life to save him from being killed by her mom. Heck, even H himself thought h was so stupid and pathetic for falling in love with her captor.
Jacqueline's Reads
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, killer, mafia, v-card
4.25 – 4.50 Stars

I’m not sure why I picked up this book. I guess I’ve seen it trending on Amazon for some time and decided to pick it up. I had no idea what it was about and I kind of like that. Going into blind is the best way to go into this book.

The first part of the book to me was really cheesy and I totally ate that up. You know the damsel in distress storyline? This is full on damsel in distress storyline. Cora is a country gal trying to make it in NY, but NY is kicking her
Saint.
May 28, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
What the hell did I just read!
I don’t even know what to say...
Angelica
Jun 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
Annoying

Cora is annoying in this book, with her yes he's abusive but I love his touch, yes he keeps me chained up but his touch is everything. If you want a book about a weak women who just loves her abuser then this book is for you.
Maria11
May 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Not sure what to think

I liked it at first, but then I got to the point where I didn’t like Marcus and sometimes when the author makes the lead character too much of a @#@@@(insert cuss word). He can’t come back from it. Marcus is right at that point. I will read the next to see what will happen.
Lisa
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
The writing took some time to get used to. Marcus was very hard to like, Cory is confusing, story implausible but some how I want to continue with the next book. Not great but I’m glutton for punishment.
Teresa Lara
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book so far this year.Omg riveting intense broken emotional loved Marcus and Coras forbidden love story.Ready for more
Nithu
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This WA a very well written intense dark Mafia romance but the story progressed in a very slow manner and there was not much difference in terms of the story or the relationship bond from page the first page to the last page
Lee
Jun 03, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Cora knew she was dreaming.

She stood on the rooftop of a highrise, goosebumps rising on her skin at the glorious view. Beside her stood the man who gave her everything, his face shadowed.

“It’s beautiful.” The city lights glittered like jewels in a black velvet night. The whole world laid at her feet.

“It’s mine,” Marcus told her. “Everything you see belongs to me.”

She wore a red dress and heels with slender straps winding up her legs. Her wrists bore silver cuffs. Her ring flashed
BAK
May 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF at 24%

I kept trying to get into the book, but at 24% I finally gave up.
The heroine is a farm girl who had only met her mother up until she was 15, glanced at some other people when she ran to town but her mother got her back. At 19 she ran away to a fictions big city. No mention of how she managed to get there, no money.
From some of the description this girl should have basically had zero understanding of the world and it’s ways.
After six weeks in the city for meets Marcus, the H of
Meiwilli
Apr 02, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Horrible... My intelligence was so insulted I couldn't even finish! Horrific editing, inconsistent story line, poorly defined characters and unbelievably unrealistic. No action, no suspense, no romance. Cora is not naive, she's just an idiot. Is anyone on the planet really this stupid? Marcus is a joke--crime boss? Only in his dreams. Skip this one. It is the worst I've read this year. 0.1 stars.
-  Michelle Claypot_Reads
I am not usually a fan of Mafia stories but I definitely enjoyed this one. Marcus and Cora have a VERY twisted and convoluted tale together. Great chemistry, plot twists galore and an ending that has me desperate for book 2. Great read.

I received an arc of this book.
Madeleine East
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG this book was amazing. Right from the beginning it sank it’s claws in me and made me hold on for dear life. This book was dark, drama, twisted, and oh so hot. Jack narrating this book made me feel like I was there watching the interaction between Marcus & Cora. I cannot wait for the next book.
ReadingDiva Book Reviews
**review to post soon**
Nicole Studioso
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, fantasy
For a modern retelling of a Greek myth/tragedy, and I have to give it to Lee Savino and Stasia Black for this intriguing book. Though it has an ending you know there's more to this story; I didn't realize that until the very end and found out it's a trilogy. So I'm looking forward to seeing what these ladies do with our anti-hero, Marcus Ubeli (Hades) and our protangonist, Cora Vestian (Persephone). She's the young farm girl, away from her sheltered home for the first time in her life, while he' ...more
Louise
For me the pace of this story is far too slow. It's a duet stretched out into a trilogy (or possibly even just one longer book padded out into three). So whilst the technical writing was good i.e. the story was easy to read, conversations flowed smoothly etc I just didn't find myself connecting with the characters. They felt quite flat for a long time and I just wasn't drawn into the story. I'm a character driven reader but if you are plot driven and love dark tales then I'm sure you'd enjoy thi ...more
Jan
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cora was just going out to have some fun. First she had to deal with her handsy boss and now something odd was in her cranberry juice. What should have been a night out with the girls turned all wrong. But when she stumbled into Marcus Ubeli, things heated up.

This book is like a mix between Fifty Shades and Carrie. It is the “way” that Cora is treated that I picked those two books. Her mother kept her locked up most of the time and away from anyone. Marcus wasn’t about to let Cora go. He found
S
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know that feeling you get when you wake up from a good dream and you just want to go back to sleep and continue enjoying it. That is what I felt when I came to the end of this trilogy, as it was that good I just wanted to keep myself immersed in the life of Marcus and Cora.

This is the first time I have read Lee’s books and she has a fan in my now, boy does she know how to spin a tale that engrosses you, you just don’t want it to end.

I will not go in details about what happens in
Rhonda
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
To be honest, I'm having a hard time with how I feel about this first book. I knew going in that this is a trilogy so it's not that. I'm just having a hard time connecting with the characters in this first book. Their personalities are so hot and cold. One minute I love them and the next I hate them. Marcus, I'm definitely not liking at the moment but I'm hoping that my feelings will change in the next books. The authors do have me hooked though so I will continue with the story when the next bo ...more
Elizabeth
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book pulls you in from the first page and keeps you enthralled until it ends. Marcus and Cora are a cross between Romeo and Juliet and The Taming of the Shrew. They are destined to be together but fear and history get in their way, to say nothing of Cora’s mother! Just when you think you know what is going to happen the author changes direction and leaves you wondering again. The next book cannot come soon enough!
Amy
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You could feel the darkness within Marcus as he struggled with his growing attraction to Cora and his desire to continue with his plan of revenge. This story surprises you with the sweet innocence of Cora and her realization of her inner strength. Their wild journey is just beginning for they have so much to learn about each other besides their mutual attraction.

I read and reviewed a copy of this book.
Mary S.
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love reading Cora and Marcus story. But I would have love to hear more of his thoughts too his reactions then what we got so I hope within the next one the pov would be equally even if it is third person pov. But their story definitely capture me I can't wait to know what will happen next in Cora and Marcus relationship.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book and was honored to have been able to read and review. It was such a phenomenal read and had amazing characters as well as an amazing story line. I just could not get enough of it and once I started reading it I could not put it down. I recommend that you read it.

"I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book."
Gladys
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was completely captivated by this intriguing combination of Mafia romance and Greek myth. This is book one of three in Marcus and Cora's story. I thought it was intense, gripping, dramatic, emotional and steamy. I'm very eager to find out where the story goes and what happens to this couple in book two! This is my candid, voluntary review.
Colleen
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved these books 1,2,&3 I had to read it every spare moment I had!
The two characters seem to come to life! I could picture this as a movie.
Had a lot of emotions Funny,serious,crying scared and fall in love sexy.
I wished it went on. I really fell in love with Sharo! So sad'
Maybe there will be another book about him. Very good writer. I will read more of her books!

• The Eighth House: Hades & Persephone (Flames of Olympos #1)
  • Snow White and the Vampire (The Cursed Princes, #2)
  • How to Seduce an Angel in 10 Days (10 Days, #3)
  • That Fatal Kiss
  • Mastered (Dark Elves #2)
  • Double Crossed (L.O.S.T. Book 2)
  • The White Lily (Vampire Blood #3)
  • Unamused Muse (Mt. Olympus Employment Agency: Muse #2)
  • Beyond Secret Worlds: Ten Stories of Paranormal Fantasy and Romance
  • Codename: Sailor V, #2 (Codename: Sailor V, #2
  • Jim Henson's Labyrinth: Coronation #1
  • Pandora's Mistake (Fate of Eros #0)
  • The Naughty Stuff
  • My Stone Lover
  • Medusa, A Love Story (Loves of Olympus, #1)
  • Sweetest Curse
  • Sea Bride (Children of the Waves, #1)
Sign up for a free book at www.leesavino.com!

Join the Goddess Group on Facebook for tons of fun stuff: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeeSa...

Tales of Olympus (3 books)
  • Awakening (Tales of Olympus, #2)
  • Queen of the Underworld (Tales of Olympus, #3)
“Denying her meals if Demi thought she was getting too thick around the middle. The daily barrage of demeaning words and name-calling.” 0 likes
“But then it hit. The weight around her ankle. It was gone. She frantically turned on the bedside lamp. Holy shit! She lifted up her ankle. And then laughed in disbelief. The weight around her ankle was gone, along” 0 likes