Start by marking “Sweet Poisons (Pretty Lies, Ugly Truths Duet #1)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Poisons (Pretty Lies, Ugly Truths Duet #1)

Sweet Poisons

(Pretty Lies, Ugly Truths #1)

Rhett Sullivan
Mysterious boy painted in shades of red.

Nova Markov
Eccentric girl dripping in sunshine.

He was the type mothers warned their little girls about—a cocky, rich asshole with a pretty smile, unapologetically insane and wild.

I was the type guys like him usually ignored—a free spirit who hid my crazy beneath an odd good girl facade and the art hanging on my
Kindle Edition
Published June 18th 2019

Start your review of Sweet Poisons (Pretty Lies, Ugly Truths Duet #1)
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
thumbnail_live1

So I did enjoy this: I always enjoy this author's work a lot her psychotic characters just appeal to my sense of crazy.
This was all about Rhett Sullivan and Nova Markov and as always this author managed to weave a web of mysterious messed upness where what should repel actually appeals.
I liked both main characters here though I did think I got more of a sense of self From Rhett as his black deeds were splashed vividly across the pages and Nova's were more of the hidden persuasion: you kinda knew
queen_of_the_books_18
Sweet Poisons is my first book by Natalie Bennett but it definitely won’t be my last.

Dark, twisted, fucked up, questioning my sanity?

Check ✔️

”All I’d done was replace one bad habit with another, and he was the worst of the two.”

I seem to have a slight problem where the more fucked up, the more possessive and asshole-y the hero is in a book, the more I want him. And Natalie Bennett just gave me that in spades with Rhett.

”He was a drug. One I blindly consumed without
Amber- Leave Me Alone I’m Reading
description
Whoa, baby! This book had my heart pounding! The secrets and slow-burn suspense left me on the edge of my seat and the steamy instalove and lethal alpha hero had me swooning! I have no idea what’s about to happen next, but I can’t wait to find out!!
Kelly
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved-it
A great story about finding and losing love. This story catches the reader from the beginning and promises to keep you captivated.
I recommend this story!
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
~Jess

I am ready for these characters to spill their truths to each other.

This not my first Natalie Bennett book so I knew what I was getting into when I started. Another messed up story that leaves you with a whole host of questions and maybe a million possible outcomes. This time the twisted tale takes us to a place called Legacy Falls and we meet an array of characters. This story centers around Nova and Rhett.

Nova is an interesting character. She portrays a shy girl who doesn't leave home muc
Heather 'Confessions Of A Bibliophile' Creighton
5 STARS

Sweet Poisons by Natalie Bennett was one of my most anticipated reads of 2019! If you follow me then you already know Natalie Bennett (A.K.A the Queen of Darkness) is one of my all-time favorite authors! Dark reads are my jam, I'd take dark love/romance over a rom-com ANY DAY and NO ONE does dark like Natalie Bennett! So of course when I heard she was trying her hand in dark YA/NA, I was ALL over that shit! If you are planning on starting this one make sure you have nothing on your schedule
Kahea
***4 Stars***

Ok. Now that is a cliffy I love to hate.

I can’t believe that’s where things ended ~ for now ~ because that’s so not cool ~ but cannot wait to get my hands on the next book to find out what the hell is really going on with Rhett and his crew and Nova, because that girl has got a lot going on in her head.

But as or Nova and Rhett. They fascinate me. Rhett is confident, charming and deadly. He is arrogant, but not in a way that is off putting, instead it makes him that much more in
Greta
Aug 10, 2019 rated it liked it
"I could have painted us right then.
Rhett Sullivan. Mysterious boy dripping in shades of red. The color of the color of blood and love. War and passion. Dangerous and cunning. When I looked at him, it’s all I saw.
Myself.
Nova Markov.
Eccentric girl dripping in sunshine.
I was yellow. Full of melancholy. Venomous. Crazy. Insane.
And the only thing left to determine, what I couldn’t see, is what happened when you mixed those two colors together."

mi ero ripromessa di non scrivere una recensione d'ora i
Anne Milne
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, the story drew me in from the start. This is a story that goes at a hundred miles an hour and I didn't put it down.

Dark books are some of my favourite to read and the more twisted the villain tgr better. The chemistry between Rhett and Nova is scorching. They have so many secrets some I have theories about but who knows if I'm right. Rhett is charming but twisted and deadly and Nova isn't a saint either.

The writing was amazing and easily kept the reader engaged with a storyl
LaToya (Readingbythebayou)
I know when I pick up a Natalie Bennett novel she's gonna tick all my demented boxes. From the first page she sucked me into the world of these crazy characters. Nova is definitely an enigma. She plays the role of a sweet young lady but we know she has secrets and a dark side. She meets the new guy in town Rhett who has secrets of his own. Their crazy calls to one another and they are amazing together. These were some of the best sex scenes I've read by this author. You want to peel all of the l ...more
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
4 Cranky Stars

Sweet Poisons is brutal. It’s dirty and will leave you with more questions than answers which I know are coming. I almost felt like I was dropped into the middle of another story when I first started this book. Sweet poisons is quick but will not be for everyone. It’s not a sweet love story or a hopeful one even. It’s nasty and dirty just like Nova and Rhett.

Nova finds solace in the bottom of multiple liquor bottles nightly. Her life has been a lie followed up by a tragedy. She sti
Simply Honest
Shelves: favorite-books
ARC KINDLY PROVIDED FOR AN HONEST REVIEW

I was a fan of Natalie B before I started reviewing and blogging.. but I’m always honest with my reviews.

Dark romance/ dark books are my guilt pleasure! I am obsessed with villains & this story was everything I was hoping and more.

Our hero: He was perfection! The perfect mix of twisted and charming. Does that make sense? He’s just so hard to describe because he made me swoon and fall hard for him while I knew that something is really wrong with him. He
Nikitasbookreviews
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs-betas
Let me just start by saying i was dying for this book! It was definitely one of my most anticipated reads for 2019!
Yep! Definitely worth reading! As soon as i started, this book completely sucked me in!
Nova is the shy girl and Rhett is the tatted up bad boy and a hot as hell killer! *i shouldnt swoon* but I totally am!

These two are like fire and ice both hiding the truth about themselves from each other
Even though they shouldn’t be together they can’t deny their attraction! Actually Rhett jus
Beyond The Covers Blog
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romaine
Wow! Sweet Poisons will grab you and send you on one hellova ride. A big tease of what is about to come in the second part of this duet, Sweet Remedies.

There is a mystery as to what Rhett and his friends are doing in a small town. The tattooed, bad boy and his friends enjoying the summer at a lake house. Or is it just a pretense? The secrets they hold in the palm of their hands.

Nova is a shy woman who has dark secrets and many questions that haunt her about her father's business.

Rhett is aware t
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Well what can say?

I absolutely loved this story. I like every book I have read by this author, to me they get better and better and I just love her words.

Rhett and Nova story is fast paced, so many secrets have yet to be revealed I for one can't wait to find out. Their chemistry is of the charts hot, once I started this book I couldn't put it down it will have you turning the pages to figure out whats going happen. I can't wait for book 2 to see how it is all going play out in this new series f
Evalyne
I can't tell you what this book is really about but i loved both the hero and heroine. And am not sure where the story is heading.....
*moving profiles*
Rhett Sullivan. Mysterious boy dripping in shades of red. The color of blood and love. War and passion. Dangerous and cunning.
Nova Markov. Eccentric girl dripping in sunshine. I was yellow. Full of melancholy. Venomous. Crazy. Insane.
And the only thing left to determine, what I couldn't see, is what happened when you mixed those two colors together.

Surprise. Surprise. Another five star read from Natalie. I am starting to get fed up with this. Every time I think I have found my top favorite book
Ashley Estep The Art of Reading
Oh Holy Hell!!! The cover for Sweet Poisons alone was enough to make me absolutely need to read it. Oh man am I so happy Bennett didn't disappoint with the story!!

Sweet Poisons is absolutely phenomenal and dark, so freaking dark!!Sweet Poisons goes from zero to one hundred and does not stop. This is a quick short read that left me begging for more.

Nova and Rhett have this off the charts chemistry that is amazing to read about. Rhett is terrifically alpha and a whole lot of hot. Nova is a charac
Janee
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bigger

Possibly another interesting series from Bennett. This author has a way making a short story seem bigger. As always the cliffhanger is a killer.
Tees_BookCave
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am finally back in the Natalie Bennett world of epic craziness. Reading Sweet Poisons, made me realise my love for this authors stories and characters.

Natalie is known for creating such dark and twisted characters and here we are introduced to Nova and Rhett.

Nova is definitely one of a kind on the front she comes across as being this sweet and innocent person but deep down she harbours this dark side that is begging to just be released. Then when she meets Rhett, the new guy in town. They ha
Renee
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Holy wow this book is dark and dirty and will leave you with more quesitons than answers. Natatlie Bennett is quickly become one of my favorite dark authors She writes a special brand of dark that never fails to leave me on the edge of my seat. This is the story of Nova and Rhett and if your expecting two characters that your going to fall in love with and have the sweet kind of love story then you m
Ahana M Rao (Heart’s Content)
You can find my whole review for Sweet Poisons here!

As soon as I saw the synopsis for Sweet Poisons, I knew that I needed to read this book. In case, it isn’t obvious, apparently I have a thing for slightly (by which I mean, very) twisted love stories. Honestly, the only excuse I have is that I love seeing the blossoming of something that is greater than our demons that can bring out so much good in us, even if getting there takes a long time/struggle.

Sweet Poisons is definitely a quick read as
Emilia || Dark Side of the Book
SWEET POISONS

Sweet Poisons is the first book in Pretty Lies, Ugly Truths series.
I was waiting for this book one hundred years and now, when I finished first book I NEED SWEET REMEDIES!!!!

Rhett Sullivan is the best hero ever! I loved him, since our first rendez vous. He is the man I really like in books – strong, merciless and one hundred percent bad boy!
Nova won my heart with her love to old cars. She has 69 Z-Camaro and all the Legacy Falls city know that this is her car.
Together they are explosive m
Ashley Estep The Art of Reading

Robyn Corcoran
Review for She’s A Lip Biter Blog

This is the story of Nova and Rhett, well the first part anyway as part two is coming next!

Nova Morkav is such a complex character but one you can’t help liking too. She has a compassion for her friend and is more caring than she even understands herself. She’s vulnerable and confused too. Rhett, now he’s a different story altogether and one that is very intriguing to say the least. Again, even though you know he isn’t a traditional hero you can’t help but like
Megan
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"She's not something that can be explained. Beautifully twisted, practically insane. She only lets her demons out when she thinks no one is watching."

I could NOT put this book down & that ending...GAH! Dead! I now have a ton of questions and no answers...Can I have part two now? Seriously, Rhett and Nova will hold you captive as you try and navigate through the tangled webs that is Sweet Poisons. So many secrets and lies... with one heck of a slow burn; I couldn't get enough of this book. Now if
Caroline
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: natalie-bennett
« No one’s ever who they say are. We’re liars in some way or another, covering our ugly truths with pretty lies. »

Ohmygod ! She did it again. Beautifully. Masterfully. Probably my favorite book of hers so far.

He gets high off her sadness. She’s addicted to his madness. Predator and prey. Hunter and hunted.

« Sooner or later, we are all forced to dine at a banquet of consequences. Our actions catch up to us. Some people call this karma. I call it the result of poor decisions. »

Sweet Poisons is cra
ashli.reads
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
“No one’s ever who they say are. We’re all liars in some way or another, covering our ugly truths with pretty lies.”

Natalie Bennett and her mysterious, creative writing, with those twists of her dark ways...Sweet Poisons was a quick read, but definitely keeps the reader wanting more. We don’t learn much about the fmc Nova, she’s portrayed as a “good, sweet, girl” hmmm....what’s going on? I think there’s more to that ;)

Rhett Sullivan...he’s an alpha that’s for sure- yet we the readers get a bit
LoAnn
5 NAIL BITTING ⭐'s

What???... Noooooo!!!!
What just happened???
A twisted, tangled, mystery, dark romance I definitely can't unravel.
Rhett is the epitome of bad, and sweet Nova is anything but.
From the very beginning I thought I saw a vivid picture, in my head, of what I was reading. You feel like you know what you're seeing in the words, only to be wrong. I was consumed by this read. Unwilling to put it down and break the captivating spell.
And now, I'm left in angst in it's wake.
What happens no
Astrid Burgener
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is another amazing twisted dark love story from NAtalie Bennett. Once I started I was hooked, this author has the ability to make me hate adulthood and having to stop reading to do grown up stuff.

Anyway, Nova and Rhett.. the way this pair tried to keep some kind of distance and deny what is there, and hiding stuff was a little stressful, but seeing how Rhett gets all possessive, macho, just taking control and not willing to take a NO for an answer is what made my little twisted heart jump
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• These Monstrous Ties (Unsainted, #1)
  • Pray for Scars (Unsainted, #2)
  • The Cruelest Chaos (Unsainted, #3)
  • Unorthodox (Sick Love #1)
  • Let Me (Vengeful, #1)
  • Boy of Ruin (Unsainted, #4)
  • Naked or Dead
  • R.I.P.
  • Reapers and Roses (Grove High School, #1)
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Ecstasy
  • Cruel War (The Gilded Sovereign, #1)
  • Thou Shall Not: A Dark Ten Commandments Anthology
  • Sicko
  • Break Me (Vengeful, #2)
  • A Lovely Obsession (Debt of Passion Duet, #1)
  • The Initiation (The 4 Horsemen #1)
  • Defiance Falls Revolution (Defiance Falls, #2)
Natalie Bennett is an International Bestselling Author and lover of all things dark & twisted.

Crafting romance with strong elements of horror, in her books the villains, anti-heroes, and underdogs always come out on top, ‘finding’ their perfect match along the way.

When she isn’t working, she’s enjoying time with her family or relaxing with an iced mix of rum.

Join my reader's group:

Pretty Lies, Ugly Truths (5 books)
  • Sick Remedies (Pretty Lies, Ugly Truths 2)
  • Pretty Lies, Ugly Truths (Pretty Lies, Ugly Truths 3)
  • Sweet Nothings (Pretty Lies, Ugly Truths 4)
  • PIB (A Pretty Lies, Ugly Truths Novel)