Start by marking “Romancing the Rough Diamond (Romancing the... #4)” as Want to Read:
Romancing the Rough Diamond (Romancing the... #4)

Romancing the Rough Diamond

(Romancing the... #4)

Where trust is the most precious jewel of all.

When Mayfair jewellers Starsmith Stones wins the commission for a British gay royal wedding, CEO Joel Sterling is recommended to the brilliant young designer Matt Barth—only to discover Matt’s the man with whom he shared an anonymous and passionate kiss on the celebration night.
Disenchanted with the commercial jewellery indu
ebook, Dreamspun Desires #90, 244 pages
Published September 17th 2019 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Romancing the Rough Diamond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Romancing the Rough Diamond

Start your review of Romancing the Rough Diamond (Romancing the... #4)
Christelle
Another addition to the “Romancing the…” series, each book being a standalone. I needed a light and cute contemporary romance with a zest of British favour : I got it.

Joel and Matt couldn’t be anymore different. Joel is CEO of a jewel company and, while being a great boss, is “as cool as a cucumber” as Matt would say. Matt, on the contrary, is quite vocal and brutally honest, but never with malice. A “rough diamond” as Joel would say.
Joel just bought Matt’s father’s company, something that Matt
True Loveislovereview
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, lgbtq
Joel and Matt

An English Royal Wedding is in progress, a gay wedding, Starsmith Stones is the company to provide jewelry for the grooms. A big honor, Joel, CEO of Starsmith Stones, worked hard to get this commission. After getting the positive phone-call he needed a drink to celebrate , luckily there is someone to join him.

Matt hates Starsmith Stones and the CEO Joel, who undermined his father’s company. But he can’t refuse the offer to join the team as a co-designer for the Royal jewelry.
Matt is
Cadiva
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An absolute gem (see what I did there 🤣 ) of a romance, this is my favourite of the Romancing books I've read so far.

There's an element of enemies to lovers about this but it's really more about trust. About opening up yourself to the risk of heartbreak because you find someone who might just be the perfect partner for your heart to find a home with.

I loved the Britishness of this as well although, as a Brit, I always have a small element of cringe when an author uses the existing British Royal
Ami

Romancing the Rough Diamond is part of Clare London’s “Romancing the…” Series, although each book can be read as stand alone.

Matt Barth and Joel Sterling first met as strangers during one of jewelry trade events – they didn’t share each other’s last name. Then the next time, Joel meet Matt as CEO of Starsmith Stones, whose company recently commissioned to design the wedding jewelry for British Royal Family, and Matt as a jewelry designer who doesn’t really care about company/marketing
Joyfully Jay
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kenna
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

I really enjoyed this book. It’s like a comfort read to me. Boy meets boy. Boy falls for boy. Boy misunderstand boy, and there’s a lovely resolution at the end. Simple, but so good. Romancing the Rough Diamond was a fun read with compelling (and sweet) characters, and it just made me smile.

Both Jay and Matt are good men…no redemption necessary here. Matt’s resentment is, in my opinion, a bit justified. Jay doesn’t seem to understand that until Matt begins to open up
CrabbyPatty
There's a royal wedding in the works and Starsmith Stones is in the hunt to win the commission to make rings for Prince Arthur (William and Harry's gay brother) and his longtime boyfriend Paolo Astra. Starsmith CEO Joel Sterling hires Matt Barth, a brilliant jewelry designer, to work on the commission, but Matt holds a grudge against Starsmith for the takeover of his family's jewelry business.

Clare London sets the stage with an interesting tale about creating the perfect rings for the royal wed
Ruthie Taylor
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the fourth book in a series of stand-alones. I really enjoyed this one, so will be taking a look at the earlier ones when I get a chance.

I really liked the background story to this romance, which itself involved the romance of a royal wedding, and the contract for the wedding rings, and guest gifts. The awarding of the contract leads to our two leads finding themselves working together, in spite of some deep sea
Amy Dufera
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Clare London's Romancing the Rough Diamond it a sweet enemies to lovers romance.

There are a lot of reasons for Joel and Matt to not be together, but as they start working on a project together, the sparks fly. What follows is a love story that involves some misunderstandings, suspense, and conflict.

I definitely enjoyed this book. Joel and Matt are just cute together. They're complete opposites and watching them weave their lives together is fun. As for the jewels, that aspect becomes a good sus
Kat
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading the blurb, I decided to give this book a try and I am so grateful I did. The writing and story-line caught my interest at once and I had a difficult time putting it down.
The pressure is on for CEO Joel Sterling to win the commission to create special jewelry to commemorate the first gay Royal Wedding. He is a driven man that loves what he does and getting this opportunity will be his biggest accomplishment. I really was drawn to Joel as he was a consummate professional but maintain
Annie Maus
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Clare London’s Romancing the Rough Diamond has readers wondering – who is the true diamond? Like a rock can hide precious stones, this novel, where people and circumstances aren’t all they seem, is a gem.

Elegant, cool-headed Joel Sterling, unusually young CEO of Starsmith Stones, is about to elevate the posh jeweler by snagging a regal commission. It’s the first royal gay wedding! To develop a truly unique collection, Joel hires designer Matt Barth, the unpolished, fiery son of the man who sold
Charlotte
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this novel! it has all the right things to make for an entertaining m/m romance novel. Matt and Joel meet and find that they have instant chemistry in spite of the fact they agree to exchange nothing more than first names. They have a great conversation.... realizing without details that they have a lot in common with respect to the art of jewelry design. Then, after an emergency phone call to Matt, they part without a way to contact each other.

The next time Matt and Joel meet i
ButtonsMom2003
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog
A bit angsty and very romantic with a great HEA.

I've read quite a few books by Clare London and really enjoyed them but Romancing the Rough Diamond has just jumped to the top of the list for me; I loved it!

This book is a great enemies-to-lovers story. I've haven't read too many books with this trope and I really loved this one. It has the added "royal" element of the two MCs working together to create something magnificent for the upcoming gay royal wedding.

Although Matt blames Joel, the CEO of
Carra
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
The fourth entry in Clare London’s “Romancing the…” series, Romancing the Rough Diamond was an entertaining read for me, and fits well with the series. I always like when books start out with a fun or steamy first meet scene, then come back with the “that was YOU?” type of second meeting to throw things off between the main characters. It’s how they find their way back to that chemistry of the first meeting that then draws me in.

The author does a great job of that here, and though at times Matt
Edga
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the kind of story, you wish was based on real life. If you love feel-good romance, a happy ending and a few twists and turns that throw obstacles in the way and add a bit more depth to a nice straightforward love story, then you’re going to love it every bit as much as I did.

I really enjoyed this, Joel and Matt are total opposites, but somehow go together. The development of their relationship was spot on. There’s also plenty of room for character development, some dodgy going ons, and
Katy Beth Mckee
This story seemed a bit slow at the start but once things got moving it was a lot of fun to read. These two seem to get in their own way and have lots of starts and stop over past and present misunderstandings. The royal connection added to the fun and I like how a little bit of palace magic is needed to get things back on track.
Misty
Lyn
Oct 11, 2019
Paige
Jan 03, 2020

• Tallowwood (Tallowwood, #1)
  • The Sugared Game (The Will Darling Adventures #2)
  • Better Than People (Garnet Run, #1)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • In a Fix (Torus Intercession #2)
  • Heartache & Hoofbeats (Stallion Ridge #1)
  • Throwing Hearts
  • I Buried a Witch (Bedknobs and Broomsticks #2)
  • Today (Single Dads #2)
  • Slippery Creatures (The Will Darling Adventures #1)
  • Mainly by Moonlight (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, #1)
  • The Fantastic Fluke
  • The Engineer (Magic & Steam, #1)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour, #1)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology Volume 4
  • NautiCal (Forever Wilde, #8)
Clare took the pen name London from the city where she lives, loves, and writes. A lone, brave female in a frenetic, testosterone-fuelled family home, she juggles her writing with her other day job as an accountant. She’s written in many genres and across many settings, with award-winning novels and short stories published both online and in print. She says she likes variety in her writing while f ...more

Romancing the... (4 books)
  • Romancing the Wrong Twin