Start by marking “Undone, Still Whole” as Want to Read:
Undone, Still Whole

Undone, Still Whole

Undone, Still Whole is Tianna G. Hansen’s debut collection of poetry, 48 pages paired with illustrations by Jeremy Gaulke (APEP Publications). A journey guided by divine feminine figures and symbols chronicling trauma and recovery. Persephone, goddess of the Underworld, who embraces the darkness; Artemis, hunting trauma and triggers to relish their destruction; Calypso, ...more
Published May 31st 2019 by APEP Publications

To ask other readers questions about Undone, Still Whole, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undone, Still Whole

Start your review of Undone, Still Whole
Kristin Garth
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Undone, Still Whole” is a grimoire of a coven of survivors, and when you give yourself over to it and your own belief in yourself, you can truly ascend beyond patriarchy and abuse.
Kristin Garth
author of Candy Cigarette Womanchild Noir
Neel
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There's the art of writing poetry and there’s the art of baring your heart out in the most lyrical and provocative manner, with a potency that lingers on long after bring introduced to it.

Tianna G. Hansen's debut poetry collection Undone, Still Whole definitively falls under the latter category.

Undone, Still Whole, on paper, is a chapbook of poetry.

However, upon reading the first lines “Place your wounds inside, direct pain on who birthed it,” Hansen's introductory lines of her poem “bewitching
Christina Rosso
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This chapbook is about reclaiming your body and self-love after trauma. Hansen uses the goddesses as inspiration to draw strength from within, and to look at the many powerful and magical women who have come before. Who have survived. At its core, this book is about surviving abuse and coming out the other side. Undone, but still whole.
K.B. Carle
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Undone, Still Whole,” is a testament to the female mind, body, spirit, and all society expects it to endure. Utilizing Greek mythology, witch craft, and an exploration to the darkest depths of the personal perspective and trauma, author Tianna G. Hansen constructs a collection of self affirmation. In every poem or prose, there is the underlying message of mystery, pain, love, and acceptance.
Christina
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A beautiful chapbook with lovely illustrations. Tianna G. Hansen's themes are mostly about women and abuse; she captures words and feelings with detail and finesse.
Josh Dale
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This chap is a carnivorous reclamation of the female self, utilizing mythos and stark imagery to encapsulate the battle. Hansen does very well with pacing from gentle rallies to all-out battle cries. It isn't until the end for when we can suture our wounds, sewing the undone into the whole, completing the cycle of trauma to recovery. A stellar debut.
Courtney LeBlanc
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
This collection of poems tackles trauma and abuse and finds strength and healing in the myths and folklore of witches, goddesses, fire and bone.

from brittle: "I felt them tremble within, a / vibrating skeleton of pearls. // watch me glimmer for you, / contort into // whoever / you want / me to be,"

from undone: "stripped down to bare bones, / I am yours // peel off my skin and peer inside / to discover my beating heart / trembling for you."

from burn the witch: "There's a witch inside me / made of
Miss December
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tianna Hansen is one of the best poets out there with her visceral language and phoenix-like outcomes. Your bones will feel her words. She can pack a punch in a half-page poem, and her take on forms is incredible. I love this book, and I'm a huge fan of her future. I especially love how she drew on witches and myths for inspiration. Absolutely terrific. Great job, Tianna. I can't wait for your next book.
Kendall
Oct 27, 2019
Carla Sofia Sofia
May 30, 2019
Tianna G. Hansen
Jun 03, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books

• Heroines
  • Candy Cigarette Womanchild Noir
  • Do Graves Get Wifi
  • The Sorceress Who Left too Soon: Poems After Remedios Varo
  • No Tender Fences: An Anthology of Immigrant & First-Generation American Poetry
  • Ironbound Fados