Start by marking “Rescue 12 Responding” as Want to Read:

Rescue 12 Responding

What if the voices we hear in our heads are actual eternal beings that grow in strength by the choices we make?

David and Jonathan are paramedics that deal with life and death and the consequences of human choice. On Rescue 12, they respond to the tragic drug overdose of a group of teenagers at a high school party. One girl survives to tell what she witnessed in her near-de
Published May 23rd 2019 by River Crossing International

To ask other readers questions about Rescue 12 Responding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rescue 12 Responding

Joy
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
An interesting format. Faye weaves the story around the various calls that Rescue 12 responds to. The characters learn the hard lessons that their actions have consequences. The reader sees the progression of the story through mainly David and Jonathon's interactions throughout their shifts. Faye does a good job of showing the battle between good and evil through many different scenarios. The point of view characters are developed throughout the storyline and the author does a good job of wrappi ...more
Amy Dohmen
May 31, 2019 rated it liked it
The premise of this book is solid and intriguing. It's a great reminder that we don't wrestle against flesh and blood. Satan really is out to destroy lives, and it's easy to forget our unseen enemy.

While the book started with a bang, I struggled throughout the story to follow the progression. Several times the POV changed, and I was confused as to who's eyes I was looking through. Since so much was happening, I failed to form real connections with the characters as well.

Again, I was thankful f
Norma
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An inspiring look at spiritual warfare! The story was fascinating & compelling to read as we see the physical world & The spirit worlds intersect. I always walk away from this type of fiction if I see it deviating from what the Bible tells us or the spirit of what is shown. I didn't get any negative vibes from this story. It emphasized the love & mercy of God without compromising sin as sin.
I found it easy to read & interesting also from it's medical standpoint. Enough detail of
Raya Whitehouse
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book starts out talking of a girl and follows her a little, then it starts to follow along the 2 paramedics, who meet this young girl and sparks their belief in God. These paramedics are a team called Rescue 12. It follows along as Rescue 12 go to many calls and the book discuses the issues of what is happening, what is going on in the area (for example someone who was mad, it talks of anger talking to this person making them go off). There is so much more to this story as you read/listen.

T
MARVIN R
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I would recommend this to any and all that love to read. This was an experience, to see the inside of a Paramedics view. Faye Hamilton has captured the essence of the life and death struggles of the patients and the people that are a part of the rescues. Ms. Hamilton has brought a new and convincing aspect between Good and Evil. A war, one that was waged on us as a human race. One that cannot be won without a higher power. My Favorite part was how the words in the book were captivating, bringin ...more
Patricia Mayne-Schlachtun
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: won
I really enjoyed the story and all the ongoing drama with the EMS. It was interesting how David discovered God and the subtle changes he made in his life as a result. The narrator was amazing. He kept me listening and I was struck by all the voice variations he used throughout the story. This is my first audio book so I can't compare the narrator with others. The story line was touching and so true about those little voices drawing us away from Christ. I was raised in a religious family (PK) and ...more
Sandy
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rescue 12 Responding is a tear apart the curtain, slide beyond the veil look at the spiritual world that exists outside of our frame of reference. Fast-paced, yet visually descriptive, you get sucked into the lives and struggles of David and Jonathan. A character for whom everyone can relate can be found in this book. Whether you’re new to experiences like this or a spiritually that is tactile or that faith is a part of the foundation of who you are and yet, it’s the same faith that made you que ...more
Brenda
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this book down i read it in one day!

I wasn't sure at first about the plot i thought it was wrong but found out it was the beginning of the book has the base through out the book. I found some jewels in the story line. Things you dont think about day to day. I may just have to re-read this book again. I love doing that to good books and movies. This is a really good book.
Darlene
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book it brought to my mind what I knew in my heart I am a warrior for the Lord God. Thank you for sharing this wonderful the story. I'm compelled to buy it and to share it with anyone who will read it. May God bless you and the rest of your life may you be empowered to share with the world the stories that you write. Bring others by the multitude to Christ. Amen
Matthew Harris
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First chapter made me cry (in a good way), even on reading it the second time. To me it's a story about life, death, and the decisions we make in-between, and how the unseen and effect those choices more than we realize.
Dolly Williamson
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thought provoking

As a believer in the Awesome power of my Lord and savior. I know we are in this battle everyday . I read and cried. God is with us every second of every day. Just loved the book.
Karen
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating

This was a thought provoking and exciting read. The story was well written and did not slow down. It even has a few surprises. Although the story definitely had an ending, it left me wanting to read more about what happens in the future to these characters.
Ann
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a book that will make you stop and think. Satan is out to destroy us and we have to be on guard at all times. This book is full of action as you ride along with crew of Rescue 12 and will keep you turning the pages.
Paula Oliver
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful, inspiring read

This book reminds me of Peretti's "This Present Darkness". The spiritual warfare is woven in the story and shows how real the battle is. The truth that forgiveness is available to all, is presented well. I eagerly await more from this author!
Jenny
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! The author did a great job personifying the different emotions that we all struggle with. The characters were complex and the storyline kept me glued to the book! The ending was unexpected and beautiful!
April
by Faye Hamilton

An interesting read that will make you stop and think about what comes after death.

I borrowed this book from Kindle Unlimited.
Jessica
It was a great book with a wonderful story line and purpose. It was slightly difficult to get into it but by the 15th page or so you're sucked into the back story.
Donna Boyce
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let Rescue 12 Rescue You

This book reveals things about the truth of good and evil. It shows how easily a person can be caught up in the world, and lead away from God and His Truth. Hope and purpose for life are presented and forgiveness is explained.You need to read this book!!!
Nia Jarrett
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I Love how Faye Hamilton brings to life the dark sides that overshadow our human experience and divides us! This book is a MUST READ! My heart pounds eager to turn the next page! Thank You!
Mary Gall
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good story

I enjoyed reading this story. It was well edited and well written. I also liked David’s and Jonathan’s friendship. If I could I would give this more stars.
Annemarie Rudolph
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent read. The writing is so vivid and gripping. A must read
Debbie
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Faye Hamilton’s book Rescue 12 Responding:
David and Jonathan are two amazing people. When they respond to party their lives will change. David is totally surprised when his patient talks to him. The things that happen to him after treating her will have you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next. I had the honor to review this book for the author for a honest review.
Mary Beth
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Frankly, I was bored
Ted Waterfall
I won this book from Goodreads.com as a Kindle Fire download. I was expecting to read the experiences of a crew of paramedics and the potential stories and insights they might provide. Instead, I felt like I was reading the author's born-again praises of his fundamentalist Christian faith. I absolutely could not get through the first chapter. Thinking that might be an exception, I skipped to chapter two. But seeing no change, I simply put the book away. I am so disappointed. If the reader has th ...more
Daphne Self
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: general
I can't remember how I ended up with a copy of the book, but I did read Rescue 12 Responding.
The start was strong. There were a few instances that seemed too weird in the writing....as if there wasn't enough structure to support what was happening. The near-death seemed a bit off, but plausible. The only thing I had an issue with was the false representation of God's love for us. Yes, Jesus loves us and wants us to come to Him just as we are, exactly as the song "Just As I Am" shows. BUT His tr
Krazylars
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: giveaways
This was a Goodreads Giveaway. Thanks! However, this book reminded me of “Touched by an Angel”, “City of Angles”, “The Book Thief”, and “Needful Things”. This book had too many religious superiority symbolism within it.
Marilyn Pack
Jun 24, 2019
Melissa Cheresnick
Aug 11, 2019
Janet Cunningham
Jun 24, 2019
cherrie
Jun 11, 2019
I was a paramedic for many years. 25 years ago, while assigned to Rescue 12 in Gibsonton Florida, I wrote the novel - Rescue 12 Responding. Shortly after I completed the novel, my life went crazy and the book found it's way to the back of the closet.

I returned to School, got a bachelor's degree with a major in Religion then continued to graduate school, and am now working as a Physician Assistant