Start by marking “Unsteady in Love (Fairlane #2)” as Want to Read:
Unsteady in Love (Fairlane #2)

Unsteady in Love

(Fairlane #3)

Everything I ever thought I knew about him, everything I thought he wanted was a lie.

Imagine one day calling your boyfriend, the love of your life, the man you planned to marry and have kids with only to find out his phone has been disconnected, and he’s joined the military.

How could someone love you if they ran away?

That was four years ago when he shattered my heart
Published by A Girl and Her Dog, LLC (first published May 10th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Unsteady in Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unsteady in Love

Start your review of Unsteady in Love (Fairlane #2)
Denise ☾ Chatterbooks Book Blog ☾
✨ DREAMY’S REVIEW ✨

Unsteady in Love is not my first book by Harlow Layne, but I will say that it is absolutely one of my favorites! THIS BOOK. Oh my god!!! THIS BOOK RIGHT HERE!!

It has me in a MESS OF EMOTIONS in the best way possible. I cried tears of sadness. I felt pain, longing, and my heart sink so deep into my stomach in pieces.

*****

“Falling to my knees, my entire world crumbled around me. Holden was gone. And I was alone.”

Prue and Holden went through the cruelest of blows from life,
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
OMG I love loved this book. I had so many emotions while I was reading it. I laughed and I cried and I mean I cried because it hit home. I had a nephew who did three tours in Afghanistan and I was so worried about him. I prayed everyday for his troop and him and I prayed that they all came home safe and sound. So while I was reading so many memories came back to me and I cried like a baby.

Prue is doing everything she can to take care of her father and work but she has to quit her job to take ca
Ellie
May 12, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Pedestrian

This hero was such an a*sehole!
People who make decisions about other's lives because they only see their way as the right way are the worst. And after basically shutting out this dumb doormat heroine for the 3rd time, he demanded she 'leave him his pride.'

She ought to have told him she hoped his 'pride' would keep him warm at night and not looked back on her way out the door. A strong woman who was secure with herself would have done.
Oh, but wait - this h wasn't any of that. She was
Kelly Russ
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Britt The Hatters
The sweetness just continues to grow in the Fairlane series with Prue and Holden’s story! Unsteady in Love reminded me just why I fell in love with this series. There’s just so much sweetness that goes hand in hand with the deeper emotion in these books. A second chance, wounded hearts and overcoming some of the cruelest blows life can offer would have you thinking this book would be nothing but an ugly cry. But while I did shed some tears the pure sweetness of the love between these two oversha ...more
Erica
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was hooked the minute I read the prologue! Talk about your stomach dropping and wondering what the heck is going on! After I got over that, I just couldn't put the book down. Excellent character development as well as storyline development. I continue to love Harlow's stories! ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in this awesome series and is Holden and Prue’s story. These two were high school sweethearts, until life got in the way. This is another well written story which is emotional, and with twists and love. I was captivated throughout this addictive page turner, and I cannot wait to read more from this gifted author.
Julie Sherman
Undsteady

This is a story about two people that loved each other but family interfered with their relationship. It's an heart warming story of sacrifice, love and resilience .
Rose Croft
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five beautiful angsty stars! Unsteady in Love is a heartfelt, love story that sucks you in and doesn't let go. I love how this author's stories always have well-developed characters that face real-world problems that are so relatable. You must read this book! I can't wait to see what this author has in store for us next. ...more
Heather 'Confessions Of A Bibliophile' Creighton
5 STARS

Unsteady In Love by Harlow Layne is a contemporary military romance with a second chance love story filled with heartfelt moments and heartbreak. Told in dual POV, this book broke me down! My daughter’s father was in the military so I try not to read many military stories but I love Harlow and I knew no matter what she wrote she would do it with class and it would be something I wanted to read! Unsteady In Love is part of the Fairlane Series but it is a standalone.

Unsteady In Love is Pruden and
*~Alicia~*
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Harlow Layne did a great job with this book. I loved he main couple and the romance was on point. I would love to read more from this author.
Rebecca Austin
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-sassy
This was such a great book and I never wanted to put it down!

I completely understood why Prue was hesitant to get involved with Holden again after what happened but when you learn why he did what he did you begin to soften towards him. I hated that Holden was forced to do what he did but ultimately he did to protect Prue not knowing how her own life was going to turn for the worse.

I liked that Holden wanted to do something for Prue before he left in order to make sure that she was going to be ok
Jennifer Pierson
Unsteady Love is the sweet but slow burn second chance at love story of High School sweethearts Holden & Prue. See, Prue thought they would be together forever, but on graduation night, Holden ghosted her, even going as far as disconnecting his number, so she had no idea what was going on, as she never got any closure from him, it was pure radio silence from him. Almost 4 years later, after losing her beloved father, and having no job with all the bills way past due, Prue didn't think life could ...more
Kimberly Anne
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Unsteady in Love by Harlow Layne is the third book in her Fairlane series and could technically be read on its own, however, I loved the first two books in the series and do recommend reading them. This time we get the second chance romance of Holden and Prue. This one was more emotional and angsty then the first books in the series but captured my heart just as much. I cried and cheered for this couple hard!

Holden and Prue loved each other in all the best way possible. Then Holden did
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
This book wrecked me in the best way possible. I felt Prue’s pain as a teenager, I felt her pain as an adult and all the heartache she has been dealt in her short lifetime. When it came to Holden I wanted to hate him for what he did to Prue after graduation but once he was able to explain what had happened it was so hard to dislike him and the more he did and the harder he tried to make things better I was swooning over the man!

I absolutely loved their beautiful second chance. It wasn’t always e
Leslee
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Prue doesn't know how to deal with her life right now. Walking out of the church, on the day of her father's funeral, she walks to her car and sees the man who broke her heart. More than three years have passed since the day Holden ghosted Prue and she never wanted to see him again. She drives away from him hoping that he will give up and go away. When he begs for forgiveness, she wants to refuse. When he sees the financial trouble she is in, he insists on getting married before he has to leave. ...more
Kris
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unsteady in Love is the third book in the Fairlane Series and by far my favorite; the story of Holden and Prue sucks you in as these two immediately likable characters battle against the mistakes and heartache of their past to come back together. I had a hard time putting this story down as the various turns Holden and Prue’s relationships and personal journeys take pull you in quickly; as this young woman and deployed solider work to rekindle the love they once had while living on different sid ...more
Coco.V
Oct 31, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎃 FREE on Amazon today (10/31/2019)! 🎃
Sassy Southern
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in the series but has different characters and therefore can be read as a stand-alone although the main characters from the first two books are in this one as well.
Prue had her life all planned out and after graduation she was going to leave town with her boyfriend, Holden Montgomery, and they would begin their life together but when she goes to see him he is gone and her heart is shattered.
Now 3 ½ years later Prue has just buried her father and Holden has come back beggin
Monja De Jager
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
They were childhood sweethearts and then he disappeared. They had these plans and then he was gone.
4 years later on the day she buried her father he reappears. He wants to talk and explain. Pru isn't interested, she is in shock and angry. He wont leave her alone without explaining. She let's him, then he hits her with a proposal she didn't see coming. Feeling a bit cornered and still in shock, she agrees.

The next thing, Holden is gone again and she's still a bit gobsmacked.
He asks her to write
Lisa H
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Four years ago, Holden Montgomery ghosted on his girlfriend of three years, Prue right after graduation.

Now he’s back and Prue made him work for ut a bit. His excuse was pretty lame. He should have talked to her and called her and kept in touch.

Now he’s back, wanting her back immediately after the death of her father.
He proposes he marries her to get his inheritance and she can pay her father’s medical bills.

She agrees and he leaves again.
This time, he writes to her, then emails and then Skype
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
A beautifully written second chance romance that will turn your emotions inside out. Holden and Prue were great characters with a great chemistry they both just needed to find their way back to each other.

Prue thought her life was complete she had graduated high school, had a place a college but most of all she had the love of her life Holden.
Until she didn't.
Now four years later she's all alone and once again face to face to Holden.
Holden enlisted in the Marines and has a lot of explaining t
Gwen Shafer
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting one. I loved the storyline with Prue and Holden. Some very touching moments between these two. Holden and Prue should have had forever. But that was taken from them. She suffers something tragic and he comes back into her life. But shortly after he is deployed. Will they get their happy ever after it will it be taken from them? I loved Prue. I loved her strengthen and stubborness. I love the relationship between Holden and Prue. Reading the emails they exchanged had me in ...more
Diana Mena
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recieved an ARC in exchange for my honest review.

So, this is my first book that I've read of Harlow Layne.. I'm in love! The story had everything one needs in a great romance. It has meaning and emotions and beautiful characters both inside and out. I couldn't put my kindle down, I devoured it so quickly! Im a new and permanent fan!

This is a standalone but I personally would suggest reading Hollywood Redemption first to get to know the other characters better. I didn't and still loved this o
Tara Lee
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh.My.Heart..

This book had all the feels. I devoured it, it made me laugh,it made me tear up. It made me hate Holden at times but then love him again two seconds later. Holden and Prue were the epic love story.
The love between them was flying across the pages and gad my heart melting! Every page made me want more there was angst, passion, sadness, love and sexiness. Everything about this book had me it was an emotional rollercoaster this was a cute but sexy story of two people finding each othe
Kelsey Cheyenne
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh man where do I begin? This story had me hooked from the very beginning. Harlow Layne does an excellent job of hooking the reader and making the characters real and relatable. Holden and Prue didn’t get an easy hand in life, and that’s what makes you want to root for them even more. Their love and pain jumps off the page, causing you to feel every emotion with them. The twists and turns in the story were unsuspecting and kept me turning the page, dying to know what was going to happen next. Un ...more
Q.B. Tyler
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was absolutely phenomenal. I honestly cannot gush about it enough. Holden and Prue are high school sweethearts until one day Holden disappears without a trace. Years later he returns just before he’s deployed again, his heart still beating so deeply for Prue. I don’t want to give away spoilers but I LOVE how Layne brings them back together. How Prue’s heart softens and how Holden fights for her. And then of course there’s the twist you don’t see coming! My emotions are still all over t ...more
Denise Schenk
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
I received this book as a free read. This is the 1st time I have read Hawlow Layne. I very much enjoyed the story of Prue and Holden. Holden came back into Prue's life when she needed him; she just had to get over him leaving her before. Holden is in the marines and is deployed over seas. He never stopped loving Prue and it took him a while to find her after graduation again. If you know anything about the military you know it is extremely hard on families. I would love to read her other books i ...more
Kelly Williams
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received and ARC in exchange for an honest review. I loved second chance love stories. Prue and Holdens’s story was great. They were separated suddenly when they were young and reunited under sad circumstances when they were older. They get together but are not living together and build their relationship back to where it was. I loved this story it broke my heart but by the end I was so happy!! Great read!!!!
Becca
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What happens when the love of your life disappears 4 years earlier and then all of a sudden he's standing there in front of you, wanting, begging for forgiveness?

For Pru, her world was falling apart again. And now the one boy, now man, who held her heart was back, wanting forgiveness and something else she never would have thought... her.

This is an amazing story about second chances, learn to trust, forgive and love again.

I loved Holden and Pru.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please add cover 2 14 Apr 27, 2019 04:43AM

• Fighting For a Second Chance (Fighting, #1)
  • Fight Dirty
  • I'm Yours
  • Until Mic
  • The Amendment (The Contract, #2)
  • Daddy Biker Bear (Bears of Forest Heights, #1)
  • Pretend Boyfriend (Be My Boyfriend #4)
  • A Billion Times No (Fake It Till You Make It #1)
  • Stealing Home: St. Michaels Duet - Book 2
  • Untamable (Night Time Television, #1)
  • Stepbrothers' Darling
  • Flutter (The Nash Brothers, #3)
  • Make Me Yours (Bellamy Creek, #2)
  • Vindicated
  • Good Girl (The Season, #1)
  • Where Love Lives (Maplewood Falls #2)
  • Share Me
  • Rock Her Long (Rock Her #3)
Harlow Layne is known for her contemporary romance style of beautiful slow-burn, sweet, sexy and swoon-worthy alphas, and fast pace, super-steamy romance in her Love is Blind series.

Stalk Harlow here:
➜ WEBSITE: https://harlowlayne.com/
➜ NEWSLETTER: https://harlowlayne.com/newsletter/
➜ FACEBOOK: https://bit.ly/HarlowEllaFB
➜ INSTAGRAM: https://bit.ly/Harlow_EllaIGtw
➜ TWITTER: https://bit.ly/harlow

Fairlane (3 books)
  • Hollywood Redemption (Fairlane #1)
  • Hollywood Fairytale