Start by marking “Highball Rush (Bootleg Springs #6)” as Want to Read:
Highball Rush (Bootleg Springs #6)

Highball Rush

(Bootleg Springs #6)

“Suddenly all those old country love songs I’d played so often made perfect sense.”

Gravel-voiced Gibson Bodine takes his lone wolf image seriously. The tough guy. The bad boy. He lives alone. Works alone. His one love—besides starting a good brawl—is sitting on a rinky-dink stage in a backwoods bar playing guitar and singing about things he’ll never have.
Kindle Edition
Published July 24th 2019 by Always Have, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Highball Rush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highball Rush

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Highball Rush is book six in the Bootleg Springs series by Claire Kingsley and Lucy Score. At long last, it’s the final book. The book with all the answers and the book with Gibson Bodine’s story.

I never thought about it before but it is fitting that Gibson’s book was saved for last. Gibson was the oldest of the Bodine siblings. He is thirty three years old. He’s the one that got the worst of growing up in a dysfunctional household. Now he is somewhat of a loner, living outside of town in a rem
Claire Kingsley
Jul 22, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Well, my fabulous reader friends, here we are, at the end of the Bootleg Springs series. Six books. Six couples. One quirky town.

I love this series and its characters so much. It's been one of the highlights of my career to work with the amazing Lucy Score. And now that we're wrapping it up, I basically have all the feelings.

Keep reading for a (HOT) sneak peek at Gibson Bodine's book, Highball Rush. (Don't worry, there are definitely no spoilers.)

PREVIEW OF HIGHBALL RUSH: BOOTLEG SPRINGS BOOK 6

She was all woman. A woman who was currently driving me crazy on the dance floor.

I leaned in to speak low into her ear. “You’re doing somethin’ to me. You know that?”

“Maybe you should be doing something to me.”

“Honey, you have no idea how much I want to.”

“Then what are you waiting for?” She nipped my earlobe with her teeth. “Take me home.”

She didn’t have to tell me twice. I grabbed her hand and led her straight for the door.

We tumbled out into the quiet night, the air warm and still. She giggled, hanging on my arm as I led her to my truck.

“I didn’t finish my moonshine,” she said.

I knew she was teasing, but I spun her around and pushed her up against the side of my truck. Took her mouth in a kiss. This wasn’t soft or sweet. It was me—rough and untamed. Hard and demanding. I growled into her mouth, pinning her against my truck, and made her melt for me. Pressed my hard-on against her. I didn’t stop until I was sure she knew I was fucking her tonight.
When I finally pulled back, her eyes were glassy and dazed.

“I’ll buy you another one. Now get in the truck.”

For the first time since building it, I regretted my house’s location. It wasn’t far from town, but my consciousness was filled with a haze of lust as I drove. More than lust. I wanted her, but not just for a quick fuck. I wasn’t bringing her home to scratch an itch.

I wanted to love every inch of her.

Finally, we pulled down my long gravel driveway. I got out and she didn’t wait for me to open her door. We rushed inside and as soon as I’d slammed the front door behind us, clothes started falling to the floor. She kicked off her sandals and slipped out of her dress. I tore my shirt off and paused with my jeans halfway down my legs, getting my first real look at her.

She stood in front of me in nothing but a light pink bra and panties. Reaching behind, she unclasped her bra and slowly let it drop to the floor.

The sight of those full tits and hard pink nipples short-circuited my brain.

She bit her bottom lip and curled her finger at me. “Get those pants off and come here.”

“Yes, ma’am,” I said, stepping out of my jeans.

She backed up toward my bedroom, a wicked gleam in her eyes. I followed, like a man in a trance, devouring the sight of her. The air between us snapped with electricity, anticipation making my heart thump in my chest.

Stopping next to the bed, she beckoned to me again. I licked my lips and grabbed my cock through my underwear, giving it a short tug as I approached her.

“Ooh,” she cooed, her eyes on my cock. “Big, dirty boy.”

“You have no fucking idea,” I growled.
Jodi
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm still reeling a bit that the series is over. All the loose ends have been tied and all the Bodines (and lots of other people) got their HEAs. But I'll miss them, for sure.

Gruff Gibson met his match and found out he had a heart there all along. It was just buried under too much past.

The townsfolk showed once again that they protect their own- whether through Bootleg Justice, or love.

Stray animals and stray people found their place.

And the mystery of Callie has been laid to rest.

So many s
Meka L. Rascoe
"I'll give you what you need, darlin'." --Gibson Bodine

I'm not easily persuaded when it comes to my sexy, grumpy heroes. I always want the woman to be worthy of their bleeding hearts, and Gibson Bodine is no exception. He may be the posterboy for brooding heroes, and would rather everyone just let him be, but he's also talented, humble, and very protective of his family and friends. All amazing qualities that would serve you well in a town like Bootleg Springs.

"Gibson Bodine. He was
Brandi
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: multi-pov, sexy-time, arc, 2019
Just in case you need to know a little something about Gibson Bodine...

description

And if you want to know a little something about the leading lady...
description

I've never been more satisfied with a series ending book than I
CzekMart
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Highball Rush is the fantastic finale of a phenomenal series!
A match made in romance readers heaven, two literary geniuses - Claire Kingsley and Lucy Score - getting together and gifting us with this amazingly funny, suspenseful, steamy rom-com series with all the feels!

Highball Rush is book 6 in the Bootleg Spring series, and while each book is a story of a couple with their own HEA, there is an underlying mystery woven through the entire series and doesn’t get resolved until book
Stacey is Sassy
I'm sad that it's over...

If you haven't tried the Bootleg Springs series yet, I highly recommend giving it a try now that it's reached the end. I have seen each of the Bodine's...and a few extras, fall in love, and enjoyed watching their journey to happiness. Each instalment showed another dimension to the craziness of this small town and I loved the feeling of anticipation, wondering what they will get up to next.

Both authors, Claire Kingsley and Lucy Score brought the town and its people to life for me. I was excited on the releas
BookishStacy
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Y'all. Seriously, this book is E V E R Y T H I N G.

Highball Rush is book six in the Bootleg Springs series and gives us the story of the oldest Bodine sibling, Gibson. We also get the whole highly-anticipated story that we've been following throughout the series--what actually happened to Callie Kendall, the girl that mysteriously went missing from this small town thirteen years ago.
description
Gibson Bodine was absolutely everything I wanted him to be and MORE. If you've read the rest of the series (and you
Jules
Shelves: arc
The sweet evening around the campfire after a full day of whitewafter rafting

Lucy Score and Claire Kingsley have broken new ground with this version of a co-write, and I for one am a huge fan. Throughout the books, the quality was top notch, and I could not discern any major differences, each book was a standout on its own, and as a series, it was amazing.
Waiting to find out the resolution to ALL the secrets harboured in this small town, surrounding its disappearance case, the peopl
Deanna
Wow, just wow! Claire and Lucy have really outdone themselves with this series of books. They created a world that you just want to go visit and live there. The characters feel soo real and well created that I am sad that I will not hear from them again...(unless they write more to this wonderful town)!!!

This final installation of the series clears up all the questions you have throughout the series. I will not give away any of the answers as you should really read them.

G
Norma
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Bootleg Series. When I first found this series, I was knee deep in my husbands deployment. He had just left and I was home trying to figure out life again, sans husband. Just me and my two kiddos trying to figure out how to manage when it was just us. Books became my escape from the monotonous everyday that is life while your other half is deployed.

Enter Whiskey Chaser. Holy freaking Hannah. I had read both Lucy and Claire prior to this book and then they came together and delive
Bre
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A perfect ending to an amazing series.

Highball Rush was everything I expected it to be and so much more. I've been waiting for Gibson's story since the first installment. His story was begging to be told from the very beginning, and Claire didn't disappoint.

I've been a Bootleg Springs fan since the beginning. Waiting for these stories to come has been the most beautiful form of torture. Lucy and Claire have exceeded my expectations with each release, how a co-writing duo can be so i
Christine
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy smokes - Highball Rush...….how frickin' amazing was this story y'all?? Gibson's story was totally worth the wait and the best way to end the Bootleg Springs series! From his broodiness and growling, to seeing him soften up and fall in love with the girl that stole his heart (when he calls her love, swoon!) - Highball Rush is pure perfection from start to finish. I laughed and cried and smiled my way through this story that will steal a little piece of your heart.

Besides Gibson finding the
Leisa Ann
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reasons to read this book:
1. Claire Kingsley wrote it with Lucy Score
2. It’s Gibson 😍🔥
3. It’s the 6th and last book of the series
4. The mystery is solved
5. It’s Bootleg Springs
6. It’s a 5+ star read
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Highball Rush - the final installment in the Bootleg Springs series - is EVERYTHING! Romance, mystery, suspense, danger, music, dancing, plot twists, family, friends, enemies, humor, sexy-time, Bootleg Justice, and a very happy ever after are all in this book.

It has been a couple of days since I finished Highball Rush. I usually want to post my reviews immediately after reading a book so that my thoughts are fresh as to what transpired. Not so with this book. I had so many thoughts and emotions
Kim
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the very start, Claire Kingsley and Lucy Score created pure magic with the Bootleg Spring series and I have to say, they have outdone themselves in Highball Rush! I have been in awe of their writing since Whiskey Chaser and have loved EVERY minute of this series!

Highball Rush is the conclusion to this amazing series and the ladies definitely saved the best for last! Gibson Bodine is one hell of an uptight guy with good reason. However, throughout the book, you see him finally co
Jackie D

* Woo *

Ya know, I thought I would be saddened reading the last of Bootleg Springs, and the Bodine family. However, Gibson's eye-opening finale brings together everything and everyone. Leaving me sated, smiling, and happy!
If you were ever on the fence about the town of Bootleg Springs, I promise after reading this you will have formed a solid opinion on the townsfolk down to the animals that run freely.
All those questions that have been building up.. answers will come, and
J Williams
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is everything we hoped for in the final Bootleg Springs book. I'm not going to talk about the plot, y'all need to just read it! Just know it's funny, its sexy and I cried more than once-both happy and sad tears!

Claire Kingsley and Lucy Score created this amazing world and invited us to live there for six truly remarkable books. I am so sad to leave the Bodines and all of Bootleg Springs.
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It felt like Christmas morning when I woke up today to find Gibson Bodine's story on my Kindle (I received it as an ARC). Gibson has intrigued me from the beginning and I have been waiting for his story - and the conclusion of the Callie Kendall case - since book 1. Let me tell you, this 1000% did not disappoint. It was everything I had hoped it would be. Thank you, Lucy and Claire, for giving us this wonderful series!
Claire
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do yourself a favor. Go read the first 5 installments of the Bootleg Springs series written by Claire Kingsley and Lucy Score. That way you’ll be sufficiently emotionally invested in the characters to truly appreciate Highball Rush, the final story in the set. This whole series is steeped in mystery, shenanigans, adventure, moonshine, and of course some hot loving by the good folks of Bootleg as they find their soulmates and solve a decade-long mystery.

The writing is seamless from Lu
Jacob Proffitt
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: steamy, romance, mystery
This is the last in the series and this one has had a mystery thread throughout. So definitely read these in order. Fortunately, this does a great job wrapping things up and gives us a very satisfying conclusion.

This will contain spoilers for the previous books. Be forewarned if you care!

I was thrilled at the end of the previous book to think that Gibson might have been involved with Callie when they were kids. It confirmed that the big lunk really does have a heart and I loved seeing that confirmed and/>This
Maryanne DeWitt
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know where to start. I can't believe the Bootleg Springs series is over...I feel like my best friend moved away! This book was AMAZING - seriously - AMAZING. Claire Kingsley and Lucy Score created SUCH an awesome series - one that you DEFINITELY do not want to miss! If this is the first book you're seeing - go back to book 1 - they must be read in order!

This book takes us on sweeping highs and terrible lows, all while making the reader feel like they were part of the story and an h
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
From the very beginning of this series the reader falls head over heels in love with all of the characters in Bootleg Springs especially the Bodine family. Between reconnecting with past loves, finding new loves and making connections that last lifetimes every book in the series was better than the last. With that being said, once again I wish I could rate this with more than 5 stars. Every chapter had me wanting more, every character was beautifully written and the storyline was heart wrenching ...more
Joyce
Hold on to your hat!
This has got to be the best series finale ever in the history of evers. What will you find in this episode of Bootleg Springs? Book club, bootleg justice, chocolate brownies, music, moonshine, sweet kisses, unusual pets, romance, suspense, belly laughs, fiery passion, pepperoni rolls, dancing, bonfires, softball, and love, love, love. Thank you Claire Kingsley and Lucy Score for the unforgettably wild ride.
Bree
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you have been anxiously and not so patiently waiting for Gibson's story, you will NOT be disappointed! I love broody alpha heroes, and with his gravelly voice and grumpy demeanor, Gibson is one of the best I've ever read. Lucy and Claire have done such a seamless job of telling this family saga without any hiccups that might be expected when two authors share a series from opposite sides of the country. The town of Bootleg Springs is the main character of all the books, and they do it so beau ...more
Debbie
Shelves: books-read-2019
Jasmine
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing

The grumpy broody eldest Bodine. The mysterious angry brother that left everyone wanting more before we even knew what more was. Gibson Bodine was just about everything you expected; a grumpy man of few words and even fewer emotions. But, in Highball Rush, we learned he is so much more than that. He’s loving, caring, protective, sexy, oh so freaking sexy, and behind that wall of anger is the biggest heart filled with more love that you could imagine. Gibson Bodine absolutely steals your heart wi
maggieandteddy
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved Gibson.
All the supporting characters are back.
Plus -----??
4.5 stars this book/ 5 stars for the series.
*Books 1 through 5 need to be read before this book*
Peggy
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The grand finale to the Bootleg Springs series. While each of the 6 books can stand alone, they have an underlying mystery (Or 2) that is resolved here.
This book is like the fireworks at the end of the night. Flashy, exciting and constantly surprising. The characters are wonderful, the dialogue perfection.
The storyline is well developed and the ending is so well done. It leaves me wanting to visit Bootleg and sit in the hot springs awhile. Thanks ladies, you knocked it out of the par
Shanna Larson
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brava Ladies. I LOVED THIS SERIES WITH MY WHOLE HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved this book so much but also, Thank you, because Bootleg Springs has imprinted big time on my heart!

In an effort to keep from spoiling anything, this is all you'll get out of me, but 100% this book, aside from whatever else was happening, was very well written and my heart is all the things!!!
Romance Retreat: Exclusive - Romance Retreat FIRST LOOK! 5 13 Jul 23, 2019 03:44PM
Claire Kingsley is an Amazon Top 10 bestselling author of sexy, heartfelt contemporary romance and romantic comedies. Add Claire's next releases to your TBR today!

TBA A Hot Romantic Comedy (Dirty Martini Running Club #2) by Claire Kingsley TBA New Family Series (Bailey Brothers #1) by Claire Kingsley

Newsletter: http://bit.ly/2KGU26b
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2ZhZMXX
Instagram: http://bit.ly/2YP4IUZ
Facebook: http://bit.ly/2EuPkVi

RECENT WORKS BY CLAIREhttp://bit.ly/2EuPkVi

Bootleg Springs (6 books)
  • Whiskey Chaser (Bootleg Springs, #1)
  • Sidecar Crush (Bootleg Springs, #2)
  • Moonshine Kiss (Bootleg Springs, #3)
  • Bourbon Bliss (Bootleg Springs, #4)
  • Gin Fling (Bootleg Springs, #5)