Start by marking “Collapse (Dark Days #1)” as Want to Read:
Collapse (Dark Days #1)

(Dark Days #1)

It started with rumors of a plague that turned people into flesh-eating predators. The governments of the world and the media tried to suppress it, but little by little the truth got out. The economy had been in a free-fall, banks closed, protests turned into riots, people began hoarding and panicking. And then on a Friday morning, the collapse came.

After the government
Published May 24th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Collapse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Collapse

Start your review of Collapse (Dark Days #1)
Emily Jeffries
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

I actually purchased this book entirely by accident because my kindle store froze and I hit the buy option instead of "read more" for details. It's so good! It's a actually a little scary, the characters are really interesting, the plot is different and I'm very excited for the rest of this series. I really didn't expect much, the bar was set so low considering it was $1 and an accident. I didn't think I'd absolutely be enthralled and truly enjoy it like I did! Seriously praise to the
Smiling_dragon
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Pam Shelton-Anderson
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I originally thought this was about a catastrophic economic collapse (which I found interesting), but is a zombie-ish story. The writing is good and flows quite well. We see all of this unfold through the eyes of the main character, though I swear I could hear music of foreboding as I read. They are not really zombies as they are not re-animated corpses and I find their ability to use tools as well as accepting a young child that turned very interesting. I look forward to the next in the series.
Andrea
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rippers and supernatural all in one.

The book has a little of everything. A partly doomed family. A strange young blind woman. People that become monsters. What more could you want. Very intriguing.
TP
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was ok
This book was not for me, it was boring as hell.

So many words and nothing really happens.

This is almost always a death sentence in this kind of genre. So much time stuck in the head of the lead character reminiscing about what ifs and what could have beens, with nothing to show for in the end.

To make this work, telling a story mostly in the characters mind and through his thought process. You better show me a bloody interesting character and his progress through trial and error. Which the
Joyce Robbins
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Madeline Wright
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Starts slow, builds characters, enjoy

I have read hundreds of Zombie and post-apocalypse sagas and had searched for a new series. Glad I found this one with believable characters. Glad I don't have to go between three or four subplots. On to the next book. Talented author, give his work a try.
Sharina Page
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not too shabby

For an author I am unfamiliar with, this one isn't bad. The story line is good, and there were even some unexpected events. I like that in these apocalypse style books. I read a lot of them and they can get predictable. I will finish the set and then decide if I will seek this author for more material in the future. So far so good with this book.
Nancy
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good

Ray was an unusual main character the author developed some unique situations to develop Day's character. It will be interesting to see how this character proceeds as developed.
Joanne Petelle
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Book!

I have read quite a few post-apocalyptic books. This one ranks right up there. I enjoyed Mark Likens writings very much. Look forward to reading the next book in the series.
Jenny Price
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very heavily influenced by Stephen King's The Stand, but enjoyable in it's own right. Characters are solid. Adding the second book to my shelf right now!
Jordan Jungwirth
Great book and author.

I've read a number of his books and have enjoyed all of them. This post-apocalyptic book was great. Looking forward to the next book in the series.
Franklin Mays
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not Your Typical Zombie Apocalypse

Interesting take on my favorite subject. It is definitely worth reading. This space left intentionally blank ... three more words
Carolyn
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Dumb that is all i can say.
Sharla Santana
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining and fast paced

Good read. Fast paced, a real page turner. Interesting take on the apocalypse. I recommend to add this book to your reading list.
Brittany Kay
Dorene Rau
Mar 14, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• End of Summer
  • Minus America (Minus America #1)
  • Fight the Shock: A Post-Apocalyptic EMP Survival Thriller (World in Collapse Book 1)
  • Escape the Virus (Last Pandemic #1)
  • Turbulent (Days of Want #1)
  • The First 30 Days: A Zombie Apocalypse Novel
  • We Who Remain
  • Lost Valley (Extinction Survival #1)
  • The End of Everything (The End of Everything #1)
  • Empty Cities (Minus America #2)
  • Apocalypse: A Zombie Survival Thriller (Toy Soldiers Book 1)
  • Hunted (Days of Want #2)
  • Satan's Gate (Extinction Survival #2)
  • The Final Outbreak (Madness Chronicles #1-3)
  • Sickness - A Post-Apocalyptic Survival Thriller (What Remains Book 1)
  • Rise
  • It Hit The Fan: Piney River Apocalypse
  • After Z

Dark Days (6 books)
  • Chaos (Dark Days #2)
  • Exposure (Dark Days #3)
  • Refuge (Dark Days #4)
  • Aftermath (Dark Days #5)
  • Survivors (Dark Days #6)

News & Interviews