Start by marking “Sur le fleuve Amazone (La Cabane Magique, #5)” as Want to Read:
Sur le fleuve Amazone (La Cabane Magique, #5)

Sur le fleuve Amazone (Magic Tree House #6)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  11,705 Ratings  ·  352 Reviews
Jack and Annie travel back in time to a South American rain forest in search of the elusive magician Morgan le Fay.  Will they find a new clue to her whereabouts before they are trampled by stampeding killer ants?
Mass Market Paperback
Published January 23rd 2003 by Bayard Jeunesse (first published August 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Sur le fleuve Amazone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sur le fleuve Amazone

Friend of Pixie (F.O.P.)
I said in my review of "Sunset of the Sabertooth" that I loathe these books, so I'm not going to say it again here. Logan actually didn't like this one so much as it fed his already growing fear of dangerous wildlife. And I find that a lackluster story interspersed with a wooden main character reading aloud from a reference book isn't really the way I want Logan to get his facts. In a 67-page story, here is what we got:
--The Amazon rainforest is hot & steamy, has a lot of plants, and is made
Emerald
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
“It spun faster and faster then everything was still. Absolutely still.”
Alex
Sep 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book because I liked the part when Jack and Annie got to the other side of the Amazon river in the Amazon rainforest. I did not like this book because I do not like crocodiles, jaguars, and monkeys.
Samantha
Feb 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Samantha by: Alexandria
Jack & Annie are still on their quest to find 4 things in order to break the spell that the enchantress Morgan le Fey is under. This time, the object needs to be found in the depths of the Amazon Jungle. Danger lurks around every corner! Jack & Annie encounter Snakes, Marching Army Ants, Jaguars and many other creatures along the way. Will they find the second object? Will anyone help them this time? This book is full of adventure and danger. A msut read for all Magic Tree House readers. ...more
Harley
My six year old daughter loves this series and is reading it aloud to me.
Cesar
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book, “Afternoon in the Amazon” is about a girl and a boy named Annie and Jack. They found a magic house to any where and they decide to go to the Amazon. They travel to the Amazon because they like the animals. When they get there they find a library with a woman inside. Her name is Morgan LaFay. She sends them on a journey to find four items. Throughout their journey they find some of the items. They find a boat and Annie sees a monkey. The monkey throws mangoes at them and follows them. T ...more
Amanda Carpenter
As I always say, my 8 year old niece brought me the first 2 of these books to read. She loves them and she wanted me to read them too so we can talk about them. I find them fun and informative for kids about different time periods and different things around the world.

With book 5, I started reading them out loud to my dogs. (I know, you may think I am crazy - but they like them. Well one gets rather scared sometimes, but the other loves to listen). This one was way too scary for the one dog I h
Heather
I think this book lends itself well to a unit study of the Amazon. You can use this as a jumping off point to study animals, geography, weather, etc.

My generic review for the Magic Tree House books -

We've loved them all so far. They are fun, easy to read and contain quite a bit of historical information. We use them as read-alouds, but most elementary/middle school kids could read them on their own.

It does have a touch of 'girl power' at the expense of making the brother seem a little dumb. Th
Scott Middleton
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2nd-grade-2016
Do you like interesting books? If you do, you should read the series of the Magic Tree House because there are a lot of books in this series.

The main characters are Jack and Annie, but sometimes Peanut is also a main character. In one book, Jack, Annie, and Peanut went to the Amazon rainforest in a boat. A monkey was throwing some things and they thought it was attacking them, but the monkey was just trying to help.

If I was the judge, I would give the series 5 stars because all the interesting
Diane
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-ya
My son is on a re-reading spree. He could read them himself, but he still likes them for bedtime stories. This one is quite harrowing, given that the Amazon rainforest is filled with dangerous animals at every turn. But the kids prevail and find what their looking for, but not without the help of a "native". My son theorizes that the helpers in this mini-series of 4 could be Morgan herself. But I countered with logic (and it actually was acceptable to my son!): if she needed help because she was ...more
Patricia
Mar 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: child-chapter
Kiefer Hwasta
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jack and Annie go back to their mission of saving Morgan le Fay. They travel to the Amazon rainforest to acquire the second object to save Morgan. Jack and Annie faced many threats from carnivorous animals. A monkey gave them the second object and they made it home safely.
I liked it. It teaches about Amazon wildlife, the three layers of the rain forest and about the amazon river. I like how they are in the rain forest, which is very interesting to me.
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Any book that gets my third grader's nose glued inside deserves a 5 star review--my daughter LOVES these books! Honestly can't put them down. She and I especially enjoyed this one set in the Amazon jungle.
AnthonyStaton
Nov 02, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: magic-tree-house

Jack and Annie were wondering around in the book of magic which could take them anywhere well they picked the Rain Forest. Well they wondering around in the Amazon River which had crocodiles and a lot more scary predators.

In the afternoon there was crocodiles surrounding them when there was crocodiles all over the place. There were vampire bats and fire ants. They were get worried because mom and dad was probably wondering where they were .

So they ran across the Amazon river on a log like they
Lauren Dooley
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-lit
All of the Magic Treehouse books are so fun. In this story, Jack and Annie open a book about the Amazon Rain Forest. To their surprise, the Amazon is dark and rainy. They encounter a lot of different things along their journey and put themselves into some pretty dangerous situations. If you would like to find out if they make it out alive, then you should read Afternoon on the Amazon. I loved these books growing up and I could always relate to them because I pretended they were about my brother ...more
Callie Ammons
Magic tree house: afternoon on the amazon is about two kids named Jack and Annie. They find themselves in the Amazon after finding their lost mouse and a book about the Amazon. They are on an adventure to find the second item they need for Morgan le Fay to free her from the spell. They encounter on their journey an army of ants, piranhas, jaguars, and crocodiles. They end up finding out that they needed a piece of fruit for Morgan. A book appears after they realize this, and they go home.

This bo
Cynthia Lauritsen
Decent intro to the Amazon rainforest and river

A good simple introduction to spark curiosity. The levels of the rainforest trees, the river and some animals are mentioned with simple info.

I didn’t like that the girl was afraid of spiders and the boy was the brave protector smart one.

The storyline was sort of nonexistent. Reading in kindle (where I could tell with pages/book size) was confused when it was over because it seemed like there could have been more.

I know the treehouse is magic and
Blue
Dec 28, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
The pure luck of the children to not die is rediculous. There are humans that live in the Amazon and are fine. I got the impression that despite being allowed to roam free, these children have helicopter parents at all other times because they spout warnings to each other and no advice. I know they might have been rarer back when this book was written, but mangoes can be found in supermarkets. Actually, mangoes are from south Asia and Africa, aren't they? -Wikipedia- Yep, looks like mangoes in S ...more
Wendy
All my third graders love this series, so I thought I'd try reading one, despite not liking these books as a child. I had hope that I have greater insight as an adult, but nope, child me was right about these books. They're awful. I get that they are supposed to teach kids about places while keeping them engaged, but a nonfiction book about the Amazon with pictures would be more engaging than this silly, disjointed addition to a never ending story.

Holly
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this with my 6 year old son. I liked this book better than #5. Basically, I realize that I prefer the books that don't have interactions with people (especially when they speak modern English) because those are just too far-fetched to me. Still, all of the books are definitely appealing to little kids.
Uma
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: with-leela
Per L: “I loved afternoon on the Amazon because when Jack and Annie said that they don’t like the animals in the water they said they were just regular and themselves and they were not being mean and I loved the crocodile, the fishes, the snake, and I liked how the monkey gave them the second thing”
Hannah Belyea
Of all the places for Jack and Annie to get lost and lose track of the treehouse, it just had to be the Amazon jungle! Osborne excites readers with the next thrilling entry to the beloved "Magic Tree House" series. Beware everything that moves in a landscape full of surprises, and you may just get out alive!
Stephanie P
I read this with my 4 year old son. I love how these books can be fun stories while also teaching kids and sparking their interest to learn more. Reading this made my son want to learn so much more about the rainforest and led to us doing other learning activities and reading more books about the rainforest.
CaseyKS.
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Darinda
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
In the sixth book in the Magic Tree House series, Jack and Annie visit the Amazon rain forest. They continue to look for items needed to free Morgan from the curse. As they explore the rain forest, they encounter snakes, crocodiles, army ants, and a curious monkey.
Christy
Its off to rain forest for the two young adventures this time. Jack and Annie encounter a lot of animals and other creatures there. a mango throwing monkey saves them from the Amazon river since they got no paddle. The get their thing a Mango and head home for their next adventure
Cadence Carr
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
"I can't believe they thought the crocodile was a log. They almost stepped on it! And the snake! They thought the snake was something to hang on to. Why couldn't Jack and Annie tell they were animals?" (Cadee, age 5.5)
Sara Hollar
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the better Magic Tree House books. I still don't love reading these out loud. The language is so simple and basic. I get bored. But my boys love them & keep asking for them. So I'll keep reading, if I have to! :)
Heather
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I never remember reading this one as a child because I lost interest in reading. However I enjoyed this book and it actually made me laugh as I was reading it. I can’t wait to actually finish all the magic tree house books.
MCC Children's Li...: The Magic Treehouse Series 1 2 Feb 25, 2012 08:28PM
  • Mummies and Pyramids (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #3)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9)
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • Stanley and the Magic Lamp (Flat Stanley, #2)
  • Junie B., First Grader (at Last!) (Junie B. Jones, #18)
  • Stink: Solar System Superhero (Stink, #5)
  • Journey to the Volcano Palace (The Secrets of Droon, #2)
More about Mary Pope Osborne

Magic Tree House (1 - 10 of 56 books)
  • Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, #1)
  • The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, #2)
  • Mummies in the Morning (Magic Tree House, #3)
  • Pirates Past Noon (Magic Tree House, #4)
  • Night of the Ninjas (Magic Tree House, #5)
  • Sunset of the Sabertooth (Magic Tree House, #7)
  • Midnight On The Moon (Magic Tree House, #8)
  • Dolphins at Daybreak (Magic Tree House, #9)
  • Ghost Town at Sundown (Magic Tree House, #10)
  • Lions at Lunchtime (Magic Tree House, #11)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • An Unwelcome Quest
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Luna: New Moon
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)