Start by marking “A Rustic Mind” as Want to Read:
A Rustic Mind

A Rustic Mind

Published January 15th 2018 by Story Mirror

To ask other readers questions about A Rustic Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Rustic Mind

Start your review of A Rustic Mind
Gayatri Saikia
Jun 27, 2019 rated it liked it
A Rustic Mind is a short collection of poems dealing with various issues. I absolutely applaud the author for her versatility and tackling issues like selflove, heartbreak, societal issues, what it takes to be a woman etc. She sticks to simpler words and focuses on delivering poems filled with emotions rather than using words that are hard to grasp. The illustrations that accompany the poems add to their charm. Most of the poems hold a heartwarming essence to them however I couldn't connect with ...more
Dagi
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
A Rustic Mind by Manali Manan Desai
Rating: 2.5 stars

I was provided with an e-book copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. My opinion is unbiased and not affected by the author or anyone else.

“A Rustic Mind” is a short poetry collection written by Manali Manan Desai. The poems are written in a concise and straightforward way and cover a wide range of different topics. Most poems focus on self-realisation, empowerment, feminism, family and love, and some deal with heavier
Animesh Das (Booksandbeard)
The poems are chiefly subjective and feminist in nature. The topics varies from different social issues like the education of girl child to her personal experiences of love and happiness. The poetess has also presented the male prespective in one of the poems. Overall, it was an entertaining read. Recommend to all the poetry lovers.
A Rustic Mind by Manali Desai ma'am,
Is a beautiful collection of 27 poems.
She has described various topics in her poem including Nature, self, love, family, happiness, life, etc
Among all the poem, the two poems I liked the most are "what matters more" and "believe in love". What matters more tells that, "we are all desperate for social validation."
We need social validation for everything we are doing. It is called a feedback loop, Mark Manson in his book the subtle art of not giving AF has
Bookishbabe
Shelves: poems
"Poetry is simply the most beautiful,impressive, and widely effective mode of saying things, and hence it's importance"._Matthew Arnold.
I do believe that poetry has the power to change the world.It's the beautiful way to teach people about living,It's the beautiful way to interact with people,It's the beautiful way to understand the emotions, & a good way to pour out our emotions in the from of words.And Poetess @manali1988 have done this great job.
Today I've read this beautiful poetry
Aditya Jain
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
areader guy
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
So this is my very first poetry book and i pretty much liked it. Being stuck to honest reviewing i must say not all of the poem were that good but out of 26, 22 touched my heart some where at some point
Giving an overview of the whole book its just shot book with 30 page and 26 poems. Though the poems are full of emotions and one can easily relate to them. The thing i like the most about these poems are they are not just based on someone's specific topic but on the mutual topics of the whole
AANVI WRITES
Jul 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I picked up this book as I was intrigued by the title. Being a lover of poetry, I always look forward to take away something with me when I read one. This book didn't let me down, though not all were good some of them were gripping.

What I liked?
The poems have been penned in a simple way depicting all the emotions.
Each poem is thought provoking and speaks about a new subject.
The small illustrations at the beginning and end of each poem is lovely.

What I didn't like?
Being a poetry book the rhyming
The_reading_girl__ Isha Raj
Hey guys! I'm back with another beautiful book review!
Genre - poetry (my fav!)
Author - @manali1988 Manali desai

Ratings - /5
Recommendation - Yesss!
Storyline - "We never think about the effects or repercussions of our everyday actions or even the things we come across on a daily basis. Through ‘A Rustic Mind’ I aim to provide a thoughtful take on such actions and incidents. Poetic in its expression, these words will strike a chord which is not only deep but relatable on many levels. "

My
Hilde
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
The book is a compilation of short poems/poetic stories about life and how to look at it. It is a nice and fun to read way to describe typical teenage thoughts. It did bother me a tad bit thought, that the grammer wasnt always correct- the sentences where put in an incorrect order as for to make it rhyme. Personally I don't mind if a poem rhymes or not and I'd rather it didn't this time, because it confused me this way and made the reading less plesant.
Another thing I am not particulary fond of
Jess • epiblogue
•I was provide an e-copy of “A Rustic Mind” in exchange for an honest review; this has in no way altered my opinion/review of this book.•
2.5/5.0: I’ll start with saying that reviewing poetry is definitely out of my typical wheelhouse, though I do enjoy reading poetry. This collection of short poems covers an array of topics, that span the continuum of lighthearted to in-depth, personal and even heartbreaking topics. I applaud the author for tackling this wide variety of topics in the same body
Noor Chauhan Chopra
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
#bookreview "poetry is a dying art, they say..but with A RUSTIC MIND I hope to keep it alive"...says the author.

Title: A Rustic Mind

Publisher: Story Mirror

Format: ebook, available on @amazonkindle for Rs.51/-
Pages: 40

Published on: 15.01.2018
Genre: Poetry.

Key words: collection of poems, NOT Self Published.
Crux:
it is a short read, a bouquet of poems written in a very simple style by the author, wriggling the mind to awaken & think at the same time.. The topics chosen by
Debabrata Mishra
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Title - A Rustic Mind
Author - Manali Desai
Publisher - Storymirror
Genre - Poetry
Language - English
Format - Pdf
COVER & TITLE :- The cover looks descent and quite simple and sober. The title of the book also suits to the poetries content in the book.
PLOT :- This is a very short book of 30 pages which contains near about 26 poems.
1.I’ve Realized That
8.An Ode to Us
9.I Wish
Harshavarthini Venkadesan
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Rustic Mind is a contemporary poetry collection which contains around 25 poems. It speaks about the issues faced in our day-to-day life. The writer shows the innermost thoughts and feelings in a beautiful manner. From admiring little things to facing humiliation and harrassment, she points out each and everything. It makes the readers to dwell in the harmony of the lyrics.
The book is so easy to read. The poet has used simple words for great thoughts. It is simply, a splendid one. It is
Hayley
May 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5/5 stars
Trigger warnings: rape, child-loss

“We never think about the effects or repercussions of our everyday actions or even the things we come across on a daily basis. Through ‘A Rustic Mind’ I aim to provide a thoughtful take on such actions and incidents. Poetic in its expression, these words will strike a chord which is not only deep but relatable on many levels”

This blurb from the back of this short poetry collection pretty much sums up what you get from the book.

Simply put, it is a
Zel
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it

Genre: Contemporary, poetry Rating: 3.5

(The author sent me an ebook version of this book and asked me to review it. In no ways is my views about this
Suruchi
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Dark blends in with the light,
Making the dull less slight.
Some need both by their side,
To assuage the brightness inside."
The book is a mesmerizing piece of poetry. It has twenty five poems in total and covers a wide variety of topics. The language is very easy. Anyone can read it but not many can understand it. The words have depth in them and readers can connect to these words. Many people feel these emotions but @manali1988 has penned them down. If you are into poetry you should read this
Francis
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Generally I'm not a big fan of poetry and I rarely ever read books that only consist of poems. However, since the author of A Rustic Mind approached me and I felt very flattered,I decided to give it a try. It goes to show that sometimes venturing into unknown territory pays off and I have to admit that I enjoyed this collection quite a bit.

A Rustic Mind by Manali Desai consists of a bunch of poems that focus very much on day-to-day occurences and thoughts. At first I thought that it came across
Tanvi Shivgan
Genre~ Poetry
Pages~41
Format~ebook
My views~
A Rustic Mind is a poetry book which contains 26 poems on different topics such as love, relationships, friendship, women, freedom, nature, happiness, mind, etc. In our everyday life, there are many things or actions done by us which impact our life significantly. This book is a collection of the poems which are inspired by such daily actions and
Palak Acharya
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Rustic mind (Spoiler free Review)
by Manali Desai
Genre- Poetry
4/5
Here's a blurb of the book:

The blurb totally justifies the content of the book.
The poet has put
Ibtesam Rahman
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
A rustic mind by Manali manan Desai
35 pages
Poetry
Kindle edition
A Rustic Mind is a collection of 27 poems taking you through the journey of a common person. It deals with things we see and feel in our own life. That made some of the poems extremely relatable. The book is quoted' poetic in its expression, these words will strike a chord which is not only deep but relatable on many levels.'
OPINION-
Its a quick read but I suggest to savour it. I read it again. It was a short read but I wanted it to
Madhumitha Pradeep
Jun 14, 2019 rated it liked it
A rustic mind is a collection of poetries written by Manali Desai.
I love poetry but I've never read a whole collection of it. Her writing is simple and clear which helps us get the true meaning of what's behind those dramatic usage of words ! The poems have a beautiful rhyme scheme!! It talks about everyday life and it felt so relatable at times. The poetess has written these off from personal experiences which everyone can relate too!
However, the poems doesn't stick with us for a long time. A
Abhinav Jha
Folioscent
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
𝕱𝖔𝖑𝖎𝖔𝕾𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖙
Book Name :- A Rustic Mind
Author’s Name :- Manali Desai
Pages :- 31
Title :- The title of the book is creative.(Incase if you don't know the meaning of 'Rustic'. You can userusticto describe things or people that you approve of because they are simple or unsophisticated in a way that is typical of the countryside:-)
Cover :- The cover of the book is good.
Genre :- Fiction
What's inside :- It's a collection of mind blowing poems containing full of emotions expressed beautifully by
Meet
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book : A Rustic Mind
Genre : Poetry

"Life hasn't to you always been fair,but through
the struggles and pain you have always managed to smile a wear"
-Manali Desai
From my Viewpoint:

The book has 25 poems describing Self-realization,love,family,women,
Choclates,happiness etc which are simple and easy to understand.I have completed this book in just 1 hour. Few poems were quite relatable.

I didn't like the cover but I'm no-one to judge the book by its cover, this book is really
Blue
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
I do like poetry. It’s one of those things that I really like but never find the time to actually sit down and read, it might be because my already existing TBR is yelling at me from the other room.
Desai’s poetry is dark, brutal and crisp. This isn’t your stand poetry on flowers, sunshine and romance. These short poetry collections feature the taboo topics or rape and the death of a child. These dark themes might not be everyone’s choice of topic to read but I think it is eye opening and
Siba Sami
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book ‘A Rustic Mind’ is a book of 21 poems written about events, emotions or socially evoking questions in elegant and poetic style with touch of simplicity and magnanimity in a paradoxical combination.
As I read the collection I noticed that the words powerfully expressed the unexpressed and unheard emotions.
The book does not glorify the already glorified but it highlights the little things, the things that which really matters when it comes to living.
Covering wide range of social and
Nanacosis
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Review

“We never think about the effects or repercussions of our everyday actions or even the things we come across on a daily basis. Through ‘A Rustic Mind’ I aim to provide a thoughtful take on such actions and incidents. Poetic in its expression, these words will strike a chord which is not only deep but relatable on many levels. "

I gave it 3 stars.

The book start with self realisation, and throughout the book you will be realising that each and every little thing has its worth.
I can relate to
Varsha Sabarinathan
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have read few poetry before as a part of my studies but never was i tempted to read collections or books but this book indeed changed my opinion. It was lovely. There were few which I loved absolutely and few i didn't enjoy much but nonetheless it has made me reconsider my opinion on poetry. The Things I Never said, A Tryst with Destiny, That corner of the House, Who is a Father, I Wish are my favourites among them. These are just a few among my list of favourites! My top5 love!!
The poetry
Prajakta | Books n Travels
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
"We never think about the effects or repercussions of our everyday actions or even the things we come across on a daily basis. Through 'A Rustic Mind' I aim to provide a thoughtful take on such actions and incidents. Poetic in its expression, these words will strike a chord which is not only deep but relatable on many levels."
The above blurb of this book piqued my interest and it sums up the entire poem collection in a great way!
A Rustic Mind is a short collection of 25 poems on various topics!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Where Will Man Take Us?: The bold story of the man technology is creating
  • The Forbidden Quest of Mysore
  • Life in the Sunshine: Autobiography of an Unknown Cricketer
  • Daredreamers: A Start-up of Superheroes
  • Narasimha (The Mahaavatar Trilogy #1)
  • That Thing About You
  • Turn The Tables - From Challenges to Opportunities
  • Snakes in the Meadows
  • Knots
  • who stole my job?
  • The Code of Manavas (Maha Vishnu Trilogy #1)
  • Men and Dreams in the Dhauladhar
  • The Whispering Dwapara : The Rise of Maharathis
  • Done With Her...
“Her character became a label based on what she wore
The girl in the mini skirt soon began to be called a whore”
1 likes
“If you have a house, food, family and people you care about
The dish of your life is delicious without any doubt;”
0 likes