Start by marking “Safe In His Arms (Wildwood Mates #1)” as Want to Read:
Safe In His Arms (Wildwood Mates #1)

Safe In His Arms

(Wildwood Mates #1)

An omega on the run, just trying to survive..

A reluctant alpha...

Roman is fine with his life.

While his brothers and cousins are hoping and searching for their fated mates, Ro isn't in any hurry. But fate has other plans, an intoxicating scent, an omega in distress leads him to a mate he wasn't sure he even wanted.

Devon is on the run from an abusive Alpha. He's just

Published May 29th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Safe In His Arms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Safe In His Arms

Start your review of Safe In His Arms (Wildwood Mates #1)
Barbara➰
This was a quick and sweet mate story that’s just a teaser for more to come. It’s HFN.
Amanda
May 29, 2019 added it
Great prequel to an upcoming series!

This shorter story packs a lot of feels and world-building, and definitely hooked me on the series already. I loved Roman and Devon so much, omg. Devon broke my heart, but Roman put it back together while doing the same for Dev. I like the idea of a town protected by shifters, and am really intrigued by Roman’s family, the situation with Devon’s old pack and omegas, and all the potential mates that could be found now. I am really looking forward to what is to
Mia Sciberras
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good series starter, I'll definitely keep an eye out for when book 1 is published. 4/5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐ ...more
David Durkit
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another hit

Skye writes well. This is a good story. The characters are relatable and well written. Her editing is superb. Really looking forward to the rest of the series.
Samuel Alexander
Jul 27, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a safe read. Very low angst, easy to get into. No real problems. It losses a star though for one big technical issue from me. Rome vs Roman. The book starts off in the first paragraph saying "Roman was". The very next paragraph says "Rome looked". I thought there were two different people. It didn't end there. It goes on to introduce the pack members, cousins brothers and even his twin with whom he is only ten minutes older. With all these names and the consistent changing from Rome to ...more
Tina
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Safe in His Arms by author Skye R. Richmond is the first book in the Wildwood Mates series. This book is written in dual POV and it’s a cliff hanger ending. I really loved this book, that is until I reached the end where it made me feel that it’s unfinished. I prefer having the romance wrapped up or at least be in a good place before the book ends. This book leaves you in an iffy feeling about how things are going to work out eventually.
Roman, or Rome, he is referred to as both in this book. As
Deirdre
Apr 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing

No One Ever Loved Me
This was really an emotional story. I immediately downloaded the next two books in the Wildwood Mates series. Of course at the end of the of this book several other series were listed (as if I didn't already have hundreds of books on my TBR pile). Neither the Alpha nor Omega was looking for his mate. While he'd heard all about fated mates none of his four brothers or friends had met theirs. The Omega definitely didn't believe in a loving Goddess who gave good Wolves what the
Belinda Zamora
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Devon has had a horrible life and is on the run from his past.
He's learned not to trust alphas, his former pack treated omegas as objects and a commodity.
Roman isn't actively seeking his mate, but when the opportunity presents itself, he certainly doesn't shy away.
Devon is working in a bar and when he runs into some trouble, Roman is there to help.
Now that they've met, it's going to take some work to help Roman show Devon what being fated mates means.
Devon finds it hard to believe that alphas be
Cee Brown
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
•*´¨)✯ ¸.•*¨)
✮ (¸.•´A good introduction to a new series.

I first received this book as a freebie, so I had no idea until I had finished reading the copy given that it was the same book, just a few alternates. Did it make a difference? Not so much, but I was NOT happy that I'd have to wait for book two to get Roman's and Devon's happy ending.

The author packed a punch in our introduction to the Wildwood Mates series. With Roman as the alpha, he was instrumental in giving the readers a look into hi
Jesslan Rose
Safe In His Arms By Skye R. Richmond

After running away from his brutal pack Alpha Devon travels around until he finds himself working at a bar as a cook in a town that feels more comfortable than anywhere else he's been so far. While taking out the trash he's attacked by an Alpha and saved by another Alpha who takes him home and takes care of him. He also claims they're fated mates. Devon's pack has always been told there is no such thing, but he trusts Roman.

This was a short story. Definitely n
Larissa
Mar 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
This is a super short book that you can blow through in one sitting easy. I would not, however, say this is a light read. Devon has had a horrible life, including physical and emotional trauma. Trust is a concept that’s been obliterated from his mind, and is particularly distrustful of alphas, for good reason. Then he meets Roman, who swoops in like a savior and tries to prove Devon’s assumptions to be false, at least as far as Roman is concerned. This is not an easy journey for either of them. ...more
Nessa
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is such a great prequel for a new series that I am definitely going to read. I felt so bad for poor Devon, but once he's saved by his mate,Ro,my heart just warmed up even more. I love how mates can hear each other's thoughts and I also find that to be helpful for moving the story forward since they don't have to guess or figure out what each other is thinking or feeling. I enjoyed this story. The writing style was superb and the plot was well done. Yes, the bad guy needs to be caught. I can ...more
BookloverIAM
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book - Roman and Devon's story is great. Roman finds Devan when he is being attacked outside of his employment. He saves Devan from being raped and in the process realizes he is his mate. This is the story of how he wins Devan's trust, his heart and his love to where they find there HFN. The author promises more to their story and their HEA. Opening up a whole new series by this amazing author. ...more
Kasey
Amanda
A very sweet start to a series! While I know this book is technically a HFN, and we will be seeing more of these two in future books, I honestly didn’t feel like this was lacking anything and really told a complete story. It’s fated mates Insta love, so if that isn’t your jam then this isn’t the book for you. I, however, have come to realize I really enjoy Richmond’s writing and find her stories to be quick, lovely,enjoyable reads.
Keith
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting Start

So this was written as a short story for the summer heat giveaway, and the author has developed it into a new series. It’s worth a shot, though the many grammatical errors may cause me to regret my decision. This first book has a bit of background and history for Roman and Devon, and makes a reasonable beginning.
Xochitl
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in a giveaway and supposedly it will be a short story, that you enjoy and forget afterwards. But no, after reading the book, I find a story, not only highly enjoyable but also unforgettable. It was the start of an amazing series. Even with the HEA for Roman and Devon, I cannot wait to read the next book and discover what happens next. 🙏🙏🙏🤞🤞🤞
lorikayhorsfall
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
It my that was unexpected.

Oh I so wasn't expecting that to be such a short story . I read it so fast just to get to the end and see that it was a to be continued story . Never been one of my favorite ways to read or watch a story unfold . But this story has my attention . So on to the next book .
Janet Hunt
Mar 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Devon is on the run, hiding and working to get as far away as possible when he is attacked by an Alpha. Roman comes to his rescue and realizes that Devon is his mate. I really enjoyed this short novella. I cannot wait to read more from the series. I’m voluntarily reviewing from an advanced copy that I received.
Rebecca Park
Mar 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Roman & Devon are fated mates but the circumstances of the way they came together wasn’t ideal! Roman wasn’t looking for a mate & Devon was on the run from an abusive Alpha! Roman shows Devon that not all alphas are bad and the two of them fall in love! This was short but very very sweet and I enjoyed it very much! Looking forward to reading Ronins story next😀❤️
Siobhan Flynn
Mar 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved the pull Roman felt to stay in that bar and then what happened next, Devon was sweet and needed someone to care for him after everything he had been through. No angst just pure lighthearted and a side of fluffliness. A short story and more of an introduction into the Wildwood world but you can tell it is going to be jam packed with protective mates, adorable babies and the love of family.
Christopher Daprona
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. It fit into exactly the type of story I get the most enjoyment out of. Can’t wait for the rest of the series so I can see these MCs lives together, what happens with the rest of the brothers, and how the antagonist is handled.
Pamela Cunningham
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the Wildwood Mates series

This was and enjoyable read for the beginning of a new shifter series I liked both of the main characters very emotional looking forward to the next book in this series.
Jamie
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Next one please

Can’t wait for the next part of this. The characters were great and the story was engaging. The author did a great job of drawing you in and making you want to see what was next and be part of their story.
Rachwithheadinabook
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A short to whet the appetite

This is a short written for a giveaway that introduces the readers to a new pack of wolf shifters, it's a HFN story that continues in to the next book which I can't wait to read.
Lauralee
Jan 10, 2020 rated it did not like it
No, just no. This is like a summary of every omega in need story ever written in the style of an excited teenagers first fanfiction. The plot just rambles on without any trace of originality, character consistency or plausibility. Just...no.
Alexis Woods
Short story

Start to series. A bit of a cliffhanger at the end to the story arc, but the alpha and Omega at least have their HEA.

KU, book in series, paranormal,. Wolf shifter, fated mate, mpreg, themes of sexual abuse
Ericka Walden
Dec 01, 2020 rated it liked it
So... it's been over a year... and admittedly I'm just about to read the next (and only other book in this series) which isn't about this couple??? Ugh...I should have just waited until this HFN was guaranteed to be a HEA. Hopefully I'll find out a little more about them in the next book (?).... ...more
Barbara
Mar 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this first book of the new series--Wildwood Mates. Devon is on the run from his old alpha when he is attacked in the alley at his restaurant job. Roman saves him discovering Devon is his mate. Sweet story, good lead into the next book of the series.
James Hill
Mar 26, 2021 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. I did not realize it was a shorter story because I was getting into the story so much. But I will follow the series. Devon is an omega on the run from his cruel alpha. He meet Roman who turns out to be his fated mate. This is a nice feel good story.

• The Devoted Alpha (West Coast Wolves, #3)
  • Alpha's Surprise Baby (Burns Brothers, #1)
  • Grantham (Warlocks of Amherst, #4)
  • Constantine (Warlocks of Amherst #3)
  • The Defiant Alpha (West Coast Wolves, #2)
  • Let's Make a Baby
  • The Bodyguard's Christmas Surprise (Rochdale Security Book 6)
  • His Christmas Magic (Vale Valley Season Four #9)
  • Claimed By My Pretend Boyfriend (Blackwater Pack, #6)
  • The Island Dragon's Mate (Lonely Dragons Club #4)
  • Pumpkin Cream Pie (Welcome to Morningwood Omegaverse #7)
  • Omega's Trust (Guardian Dragons #2)
  • Omega Kidnapped (Bad Guys and Babies #1)
  • Omega's Traitor (Guardian Dragons #3)
  • The Snow Dragon's Mate (Lonely Dragons Club #2)
  • Liam (Grizzly Mountain Lodge #1)
  • Mine to Save (Pine Ridge Pack #1)
  • Claiming Bite (Howler Brothers, #1)
Also publishes as Rheland Richmond.

For as long as she can remember Skye had her nose stuck in a book, getting lost in the world of someone else's creation (She still does). Her love for writing came from her love for reading. She could never have one without the other.

Writing was always a hobby and a cathartic experience for her. There are many stories lost to the never to be completed or publishe

Wildwood Mates (4 books)
  • Home In His Arms (Wildwood Mates #2)
  • Whole In His Arms (Wildwood Mates #3)
  • Healed In His Arms (Wildwood Mates #4)

News & Interviews

According to some historians, the month of April is actually named after Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, by way of the Romans....