Start by marking “Two Tides To Turn” as Want to Read:
Two Tides To Turn

Two Tides To Turn

A new, gripping novel, searing the past to the present,
bringing generations together, taking one family apart.

Told in alternate chapters, located, mainly, in South-West Scotland, this is the intense story of modern-day Patrick, set against the compelling, dramatic life of his grandfather, John.

Patrick grew up never knowing his grandfather.
Why were they kept apart?
Wh
Published May 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Two Tides To Turn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Tides To Turn

Start your review of Two Tides To Turn
Stephanie Jane
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-europe
See more of my book reviews on my blog, Literary Flits

Two Tides To Turn is an ingenious dual timeline novel where the narratives have a link, but do not end up resolving each other which I appreciated as that overly convenient device can often end up ruining a book for me! Instead, here, we have a present day story of Patrick who is trying to get his life back on track after having split up from his French wife, Maria. I couldn't in any way sympathise with the solution he chooses but, after I di
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Two Tides To Turn is a dual timeline story involving two family members, two generations apart. Each timeline has its own story. Patrick's story is in the present. He wants to find out more about his grandfather. When his father dies recently, he asks to be buried next to his father. This gets Patrick thinking about his family and he wants to know more about them. He is also dealing with the loss of his daughter. He was divorced two years earlier and her heads off to France to get his daughter. ...more
Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
Wowzer!

I am still reeling from this story.

RR Gall knows how to spin a dark, tragic and twisting tale! So much tragedy to befall one family.

I was initially drawn to this book because of the Scottish setting. Isn’t there just something about the Scottish landscape that lends itself to a mystery and suspense storyline?

Told via past and present or should that be present and past *taps chin*, Patrick and John’s personal stories are unravelled chapter by chapter. A grandson battling his own demons
Jessica Belmont
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Two Tides To Turn is a dual timeline novel about two men who are both faced with their demons and struggling to get through life. This is a really well-written novel. Sometimes I struggle with dual timelines because it gets confusing, but that wasn’t the case here. RR Gall is an extremely talented writer and I am really impressed by this novel.

The two main characters are well-rounded and very real feeling. Patrick is living a confusing and sad life. His marriage has failed and he’s lost contact
Jane Hunt
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it

Two men, in two time periods, both battle against their demons and life’s injustices. Patrick and John are related, and Patrick is on a quest to explore the mystery surrounding his grandfather.

Patrick is confused and unhappy, his marriage to a younger woman ends badly, and he loses contact with his daughter. His plan to reunite with her is the focus of his story. His need to find out what happened to his Grandfather equates to his need to find parallels and assume some control in his own life.

Jo
Uwe
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Grandfather John and his story, grandson Patrick and his ..........
Interesting story from different times with lots of twists and turns, unbelievable behavior and planning to manipulate and destroy Johns life and get James his son under the spell of the stepmother.
Patrick has to fight his own demons and is not very successful with it. Sometimes you don’t know what is a story and which is the truth.
Scott
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Worth reading

An interesting, well-written novel. It alternates between the story of a grandfather and good that of a grandson in search of what turns out to be a dark secret family history. Generally enjoyable.
Peggy
Feb 10, 2020 rated it did not like it
depressing, evil
Tiziana Langone
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sometimes you know that you just have to go through a little bit of pain before you enjoy a story. And this is what happened to me when I was reading this book.
Those first chapters were really hard for me to get into the story. I just didn’t feel the pull of it. But deep down inside I just KNEW I shouldn’t just give up and put it away.

So after initial struggle, somehow and somewhere during the story I had found it.
Out of the blue I was pulled into it and I couldn’t put it away.

This is a book c
Barbara Cimorosi
Feb 25, 2020
nancy jones
Feb 15, 2020
Peter Asbury
rated it did not like it
May 20, 2020
NGUYEN NHAT LONG
May 31, 2020
stella
Mar 09, 2020

• Duality (Lies and Misdirection, #5)
  • Feed Thy Enemy
  • Hunt For Justice (Justice #1-2)
  • Face of Death (Zoe Prime #1)
  • Between Two Thieves (Between Two Thieves #1)
  • Palm Trees in the Pyrenees (Death in the Pyrenees #1)
  • Wicked Origins
  • Wicked Gambit (Wicked Origins #2)
  • Wicked Rebel (Wicked Origins #3)
  • The Age of Akra
  • One Night Gone
  • Wicked Resolution (Wicked Origins Book 4)
  • A Tale of Stars and Shadow (A Tale of Stars and Shadow, #1)
  • With Kisses From Cécile
  • KULT
  • Wayfarer (Tales of Faeraven, #2)
  • Barnabas Tew and the Case of the Enlightened Cow