Start by marking “Ruin (Slay Quartet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ruin  (Slay Quartet, #2)

Ruin

(Slay Quartet #2)

With her heart literally in his hands, Celia will have to try and bargain with a devil.

Edward Fasbender is my captor.

Trapped on this island he owns everything on--including, it seems, me.

He told me he would break me, but I thought he meant in the bedroom. It turns out Edward is playing a completely different game.

And he won't stop until he's ruined me.

Slay Two: Ruin is
Published October 29th 2019 by Paige Press, LLC

Start your review of Ruin (Slay Quartet, #2)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, blew-me-away
There is so much to say about this book and I'm not sure if I know how to say it. The author completely threw me off with Edwards declaration at the end of book one. I was sure it was just a bluff. Something to say to throw Celia off at the time. Then we get some of Edwards POV in this book and I'm completely shocked at what was revealed.

I really struggled with Edwards revelation. I think I had in my head a different scenario and I was suddenly afraid for what I was about to read. It was
CerysAnne
4.5 Stars

No amount of time nor preparation could've had me emotionally nor mentally ready for Slay: Ruin.
It completely and utterly d e s t r o y e d me.

I'm truly at a loss for words right now on what to say to convey just how amazing and perfect and jaw-droppingly unexpected this sequel was - a dark and explosive one at that, one where secrets are revealed, pasts' are brought to light, and intentions are made shockingly clear, in such a way that once you start reading this novel, it's next to
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Edward is Magnificent! An alpha-male who is so regemented and strong-willed, I sit up straighter whenever I read his name. Laurelin Paige excels at writing this male character who control the room and I couldn't be more impressed.

Ruin is sexy, emotional, unexpectedly gritty, and shocking. It was a whirlwind of feelings and emotions. Celia and Edwards relationship was unlike anything I expected. And the ending left me begging for more.

Here's what I loved:
Sexy alphamales are sort of my weakness.
Amy
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Laurelin Paige heats up the romance between Edward Fasbender and Celia Werner in this second installment of her Slay Quartet, and it is DELICIOUS.

Edward and Celia dance around each other, their lust and arousal palpable. He wants her, yes, but he’s also starting to like her, something that clearly shocks and unnerves him. Laurelin Paige begins this book in Edgar’s POV and occasionally dips back into that intriguing pool, although most of the story belongs to Celia. Her husband unsettles her.
Keri Loves Books
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Breaking Her Down
This story SLAYED ME! I am Edward obsessed! I truly was hooked from the very first page. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect after the end of book one, so this story surprised me.

Edward has a plan. He never expected Celia. He thought he knew what he was getting when he married her, but she was so much more. He needs to have total control. He yearns for her complete submission.

The plan changes as Edward uncovers more about Celia. He’s now determined to take her body, mind and
Zoë Braycotton
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Where to start........ I could not wait to get my hands on this after the cliff-hanger of book 1, and disappointed I was not, It's fan-fecking-tastic!!!

It's addictive, I Couldn’t put it down and it certainly plays with your head.

It's feisty, devastating at times, you feel the vulnerability of the characters, and oh so HOT!!!

This is Laurelin at her best. I absolutely loved the Fixed series and to date had been my favourite, but this blew me away. Never in my wildest dreams would I have wanted a
Amanda Rowell
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with Celia and Edward's story. Just when I think I have everything figured out I am so wrong. These two people's relationship is no way describable. They are both damaged, lonely, mean, arrogant and so made for each other. Just when I think maybe, just maybe they can be happy with each other and move on, one or both does something stupid and makes things worse. I cannot wait to read the last book and see how things play out.
Amanda Castang
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG the ending.
R Rais
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With the way the first book ended and how long we've been waiting for this second book, Ruin, Slay 2 is definitly the most anticipated release.

Struck by suprise at the ending at book one, Ruin start effortlessly in department of intense mind games. With Edward as the dominant and Celia force to play in his games.

Who's gonna win and prevail at the end?
Who's gonna conquer and rule?
Who's gonna loose everything?

Slay 2,Ruin is.... I can't put it down. From the moment I see it in my Kindle to the
KC Caron
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling, terrifying and blisteringly smart, like nothing I’ve ever read. To describe Slay’s story, is to undermine it’s brilliance. Ruin is beautiful and ugly and utterly unforgettable.

A riveting tale of captivity, love and sexual suspense, you’ll rip through the pages. Trauma and trust, test the tenuous bonds of a fake marriage in the sultry atmosphere of a hidden island oasis. And Paige has us trapped there too, right where she wants.

Her second installment in the Slay series reads like a
Lauren Luman
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Celia Werner, previously an antagonist, has been successfully redeemed. In Ruin, we see a shift in the dynamics between her and Edward, including their feelings for each other.

Actually, both characters were redeemed. In book 1, I didn't like or appreciate how Edward's character was written. In this installment, I started to understand him and his motives much more clearly.

Their connection has grown exponentially, morphing into something more genuine than initially intended by either of them. I
Bookgasms Book Blog
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
AHHHH! I was super excited to read the second installment to Celia Werner and Edward Fasbender's story after that crazy cliffhanger ending in the first book! I loved being in Edward's head as we could honestly see that Celia was the landmine that blew up his life. All his plans and preconceived notions went to hell as she proved that she was nothing he expected and everything he wanted. Likewise, Edward was the break in the cycle of games Celia systematically played in the past. He represented a ...more
Christine Blake
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The cliffhanger in book one was a whopper, was Edward just trying to scare Celia. Well Edward revealed he was serious. So he gives Celia ultimatum stay on his island and let him break her or he will get Werner shares another way. Which is what this is all about revenge on Celia father. Prior to Slay you learned that Celia was a true bitch, she ruins people lives with no remorse "The Game". You hated Celia but now that her story is told you start to under her better and knew where all the hatred ...more
Dirty Little Secret Book Blog
Wow.

Edward Fassbender has ruined me for all other book boyfriends! Alpha Dom perfection that had me squirming from page ONE.

The story is fantastic. Rivalry left my jaw on the floor, but Ruin still managed to blow my mind. We discover more about who Celia is. It's more backstory. More character development. More sex. More Edward. More EVERYTHING. It's suspenseful with a kiss of darkness. And I couldn't put it down. I'm an aloof alpha, antihero, Stockholm romance fan and this book was such a
April
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m completely hooked on Edward and Celia’s story.
Laurelin has taken a character we loved to hate, and given us a beautiful deeply scarred, woman traumatized by her past just needing someone to see her has enough. Edward Fasbender is the Devil to bring her to her knees.
A Wickedly delicious read that will bewitch you with all it’s beautiful emotionally charged sexiness!
Michele
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Edward and Celia's story continues in Slay: Ruin and it's everything I could have hoped for and more! Laurelin Paige proves, once again, what a very talented storyteller she is. She takes a character you despise and makes you not only like her, but cry for her, and in the end find compassion and hope for her. Ms. Paige's writing is pure genius!

This story has already become one of my all-time favorites. I cannot wait to read the next installment in this series!
Karen
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so confused.

How did she do it?

I pride myself on having the measure of people.

I see. I listen. I know.

I saw Celia. I heard her nastiness. I knew she was someone I could never like.

LP says, “I’m doing some books about Celia.” “Good luck to you, LP. I’m not reading about her. I hate her with a passion.”

How did she do it?

Now I’m team Celia. Go C. I don’t think I’ve ever done a full on u-turn on a character. Ever. And yet I have. And I think I love her. And I want to send her care packages with
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-2019
***ARC Provided by the Author***

This book is the scond in the Slay series. Yes, you need to have read the first. Also, in order for a lot of this book to really grab you, I think you need to know the events of the Fixed series, at least the main ones where you meet Hudson.

But, now, back to this book.

For a long time, understandably I think, I have hated Celia. It's not just me who feels this way either.

I mean, she's not nice (understatement) and she is manipulative, and mean, and awful and I
Michelle Harris
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Donovan has always been my favorite, but man... I knew Edward wasn’t going to just ruin Celia but me as well. I also had no idea how wonderful it would be. This book was everything! Everything I knew I wanted and so much more. I found myself surprised so much and had no idea where she was taking me. Which was frustrating and delightfully refreshing all mixed into one. Laurelin’s words and worlds aren’t like any others out there. These characters will bury themselves into your soul and will stick ...more
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

3.5 CROWNS

There were parts of this story that I really loved. LOVED. The emotion I felt, the sympathy for some of the characters, and the motivations revealed were amazing, captivating. I would give these parts of the story 5 crowns, so why the 3.5? For me it took too long to get there.

If you are reading book 2, then you know who these characters are. You know why they got where they are. The pacing was often times just too slow for me. I got why Edward
Martha Boss
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I took my time reading this one. I wanted every single word to engulf and devour me. As with all books by this author I was not disappointed one bit. This one was different because it was slow and methodical and well written. I knew going in that in some form or fashion I would be ruined.

With this one I honestly craved a man like Mr. Fassbender. I craved the fact that I wanted him to ruin me in every sense of the word. And in all honesty for those of us who have a past that we let define us it’s
TheSassyNerdBlog
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The anticipation leading up to this book's release had me on the edge of my seat. After the crazy ending of Rivalry (the second installment in Slay Quartet). I have been at his author mercy as I waited for book two and let me tell you now, the wait was worth it, but I didn't doubt that for a second.

Book two throws us right back into Edward and Celia's story.

Edward is just as intense, arrogant, and manipulative as he was in book one. If not more and I freaking loved that about him. When he
Timitra
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ruin begins pretty much where the first book left off. This time around Celia and Edward bare their souls, peeling back the surface layers to expose what's beneath, if you've read the first book you'll have already guessed that what's revealed isn't pretty. Yet somehow that act of them opening up and being vulnerable in front of each other is beautiful. In that one act you see how they fit, how right they are for each other even as battered and bruised as they are. I loved watching them explore ...more
PP's Bookshelf
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Edward Fasbender has claimed the throne of my most favorite alpha dominant with so much sexy arroagance and rude confidence that I cannot even see any contenders nearby. And Laurelin Paige has turned up the heat, intrigue and mind games impossibly high in Slay: Ruin. Did you think Slay: Rivalry was extreme? Ruin is going to thoroughly ruin you inside out.

Anyone who has read the Fixed Universe hates Celia Warner. Now Rivalry made me question my preconceived notions. Trust me I never ever thought
Chris
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm trying to find the words, but seriously, I'm almost speechless. Almost. This book did what I never thought possible. It elicited empathy and emotions from me for its leading lady that I never saw coming. More than once, my heart broke for her. As if that wasn't enough, this book actually made me feel something, other than distrust and anger, for its leading man. I believe I might actually have a bit of a crush on him! Once again, Laurelin Paige wields her mighty pen and immense talent giving ...more
MyReviews Today
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
6 damn stars!!!
Kelly Emery (Beneath The Covers Blog)
Slay: Ruin is a bewitching and mouth-watering must read!

After that hellacious cliffhanger we were all forced to endure from book one, we finally find out what happens next with these two wicked characters. To say I wasn’t prepared…*pfft*, truest understatement of the year.

But wait…you NEED to read book one first before reading this book. If that wasn’t obvious by now, then this is me telling you. So, you’ve been warned…

Slay: Ruin starts right where Slay: Rivalry ends. Literally. (Thank God.) The
Tanaka K (The Romantic Angel Blog)
"I wanted him with a fierceness that I’d never known. Wanted all of him. Wanted his cock buried inside of me. Wanted him shoving against my limp body. Wanted to make him come as savagely as he’d made me come."

Laurelin Paige, you did it again. You freaking made me breathless. You made me swoon every single word. Every single sentence. Every single chapter. You have captured my heart. You have set my soul on fire. With your magnificent words. With your soul powering characters, Slay: Ruin is a
Kari Davis
Slay: Ruin is a book I have been waiting to get my hands on since Laurelin destroyed me with her ending words in Slay: Rivalry. Ruin is book two in the Slay Quartet and it’s exactly what Edward is out to do to Celia. But will he succeed? Or will she push back and be the hardcore no feeling bitch we are use too?

This book was a bit slower than the first one, but what kept me reading and wanting more was Celia. My heart hurt for her throughout this story. You felt her utter despair and loneliness
Kimberly
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Laurelin Paige is a QUEEN. I went into Slay: Ruin with high expectations, and she blew them right out of the water. I haven’t recovered from this read, but it just reinforces why this woman is one of my all-time favorite authors.

If you haven’t read Slay: Rivalry, make sure you do that first. Slay: Ruin brings readers right back into the thick of things with Celia and Edward, and I couldn’t turn the digital pages fast enough. Both of these characters are strong and have more going on beneath the
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Iron Crowne
  • The Fall of Legend (Legend Trilogy, #1)
  • White Knight (Dirty Mafia Duet, #2)
  • Reveal (Wicked Ways, #2)
  • The Deception (Filthy Rich Americans, #3)
  • Black Sheep (Dirty Mafia Duet, #1)
  • Unforgettable (Indulgence, #3)
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men Duet, #2)
  • Heartless Hero
  • The Obsession (Filthy Rich Americans, #2)
  • Violent Triumphs (White Monarch, #3)
  • Desperate to Touch (Hard to Love Book 2)
  • Damage
  • Overnight Service (Always Satisfied, #4)
  • Special Delivery (Always Satisfied #5)
  • The Kingmaker (All the King's Men Duet, #1)
  • Leave Me Breathless
  • Mr. Mayfair
Laurelin Paige is the NYT, WSJ, USA Today Bestselling Author of the international sensation, The Fixed Trilogy. She's also written other popular books in the Fixed Universe as well as the Dirty Universe and has cowritten with both Kayti McGee and Sierra Simone.
Are you looking for a romantic comedy or something hot and angsty? Here's Laurelin's list of books broken down by trope and reading

Slay Quartet (2 books)
  • Rivalry (Slay Quartet, #1)