Start by marking “The Conference of the Birds (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Conference of the Birds (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #5)

The Conference of the Birds

(Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children #5)

“Do you trust me?”

An instant bestseller, A Map of Days launched readers into the previously unexplored world of American peculiars, one bursting with new questions, new allies, and new adversaries.

Now, with enemies behind him and the unknown ahead, Jacob Portman’s story continues as he takes a brave leap forward into The Conference of the Birds, the next installment of
Published January 14th 2020 by Dutton Books for Young Readers

Start your review of The Conference of the Birds (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #5)
The Burning Rose (Jess)
Sweet Lord, this is totally my favorite book cover from the series ...more
Haley
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truebluedah ♪
Let’s see what I have today..

*check calendar*

Hmm, a massage
Ooh, a dinner with my wife.

Oh, and the conference of the birds.
That s**ts gonna be weird.
Marah al-Achkar
Hi
I can't wait to read this book.
Bye
Harley
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-and-2-5-stars
This was super disappointing. All books before this one were a five stars for me (at least for when I last read them), but I actually felt agitated whilst reading this because I just wanted it to end. It's easier to talk about what I didn't like so get ready for a ramble. So. With A Map of Days, the plot was slow and steady, introducing you to this new side of the peculiar world, and it was detailed and felt well thought through. This book was a mess in comparison. Firstly, I'm not into the ...more
Axel Dornelles
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't wait for this book!
I haven't looked forward for so much in maybe a decade!
Please, Mr. Riggs, take as much time as you need. We'll be waiting anxiously for your next work!

You on the other hand, Mr. Calendar, better go fast. FASTER, I SAID!
Ally
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Conference of the Birds picks up right where A Map of Days left off! Jacob left his friends to save Noor (against Miss Peregrine's wishes). There he learns from H that there is a prophecy looming and it involves Noor. Prepared to save her from the American clans, Jacob and Noor flee for their lives but are worried how they are going to survive until Hugh and Bronwyn show up and rescue them from being captured by Leo's lackeys.

The novel felt like coming home to a group of friends that have
Brooke H
Aug 24, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I need a release date for this, stat!!!

Lauren
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I devoured this book the moment it was in my hands. I had all of these ideas after the last book, the story line went in the opposite direction and I loved every single minute of it!

This book starts the moment the last one ends, as if it was all one book that Mr. Riggs had to abruptly cut in half. The action starts immediately, after all the last book ended in enemy territory.

The peculiar children cant be contained in their little bubble of safety when there are people to rescue and Jacob
Malia
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 Stars.
Ugh. So disappointing.
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
God. What a damn cliff hanger. I really hope ran some Riggs comes out with a new book this year. He owes us for giving us a book with 150 pages less than the last novel. I’m so sad right now that I’ve got to wait.
Cynthia
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cannot wait to read it! I tore through the others in a matter of a month or two when I stumbled over this series. It is beyond good! I’d be happy to be an early reader for you, Mr. Riggs!
Catherine
Jan 17, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
1) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
2) Hollow City
3) Library of Souls
4) A Map of Days

Please be as good as the previous books.
Katelyn
Oct 16, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I NEED THIS NOW!
stella
Sep 29, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
UM. EXCUSE ME, MR RIGGS? WHEN WERE YOU GOING TO BOTHER TO TELL US ABOUT THIS, HUH? OH, YOU'RE IN FOR IT.
Brittany
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novels
Then I hear another branch snap and I look up from where I'm kneeling and there's the monster, covered in Abe's blood, horrible thick tongues waving in the air.
He's got Horatio's face. And he says, in a guttural hollowgast snarl I can plainly understand:

He is coming.

3.5 ideal rating - rounding up to a 4 because for some unknown reason we can't do half star ratings here on goodreads. And because I've been reading this series for 9-ish years of my life, so it means a lot to me, therefore I'll give
The Nerd Daily
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Ally Maria Gil

The Conference of the Birds picks up right where A Map of Days left off! Jacob left his friends to save Noor (against Miss Peregrine’s wishes) and there he learns from H that there is a prophecy looming and it involves Noor. Prepared to save her from the American clans, Jacob and Noor flee for their lives but are worried how they are going to survive until Hugh and Bronwyn show up and rescue them from being captured by Leo’s
Kim
"A moment later both tornadoes touched the ground, one and then the other, like thunderclaps in stereo. But, unlike thunder, the sound they made never faded. It rolled on and on. They weren't on top of us, but we were pinned between them, and they seemed to be converging."

Like most of Ransom Riggs writing this one too is on the level of Tim Burton crazy. I love it. The Conference of the Birds is the fifth installment in Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children. You will not be disappointed as

Erin
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this entire book in a day. It was gripping and provoked a range of emotions in me. I was laughing and scared and happy. It was really good, but really short, and a really quick read. I was confused a little at the start, mainly because I had forgotten a lot of the fourth book, but the book was very good at reminding me. A few things I particularly like:

-----SPOILERS-----

1) Jacob and Emma's mutual agreement that their romantic relationship was over. Emma was able to except Jacob's new
Sam
This was...not good.

I am tired. Tired of these continuations of series that just suck the content from the original series away, undo things that were done. Tired of authors being so lazy they can’t even come up with a new villain.

This book was flat. The characters felt dull and lifeless. The world of peculiars, once so interesting and unique, feels lifeless, like all the magic has been drained from it. The photographs interwoven throughout the story feel cheap, and not overly connected to the
Bedelya (clockwork.bookdragon) Moreno-Roth
Oh my gosh! I received a copy of this book from the publisher to help promote the release which is tomorrow, January 14. I can’t believe I finished this amazing addition to the series before the official release.

Anyways, I absolutely loved every moment in this book! The photos were wonderfully bizarre and peculiar. Interesting new characters were introduced as well as the familiar faces. I don’t want to spoil the book but an unexpected character made an appearance as well!

I really approve of
Stacie Boren
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I purchased this book from Amazon to read. All opinions are my own. The Conference of the Birds by Ransom Riggs. Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children #5. Ok Riggs, you are killing me! This was an edge of your seat, wait for the next step, separation and reuniting, finding old friends, and new pieces of yourself all about Jacob and his friends. The new loops in America are dangerous and the clue left lead to a path that more perplexing and more dangerous than ever! And then......well wait for book ...more
Alicia
A whole new avenue is before us in the world of the Peculiars as we follow Jacob who has a new quest and new possible love interest/ damsel in distress, Noor, who is part of a larger plot that creates the mystery of the book-- why is she being targeted, what do the clues mean, what is the prophecy about, who are the bad guys?

It's all part of the intricate detailings of Riggs' new adventure with the integration again of some cool photos. The world is so vividly organized and the cast of
Carissa
Jan 06, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Anxiously waiting for this book to come out! In preparation, I'm re-reading A Map of Days to refresh my memory on certain details again. I am first on hold at the library for it. I put it on hold as soon as I saw they were ordering it, after I had made a request for them to purchase it. It may not be processed for a while after publication, so I may have to linger for a bit on it! :( It's worth the wait, I s'pose! I think book #4 was my fave of all them so far. Can't wait to take the next ...more
Karianne
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dear Ransom,

You cannot just leave me hanging like this!

__________________

The 5th installment of the series is yet again a truely masterful novel. It’s suspenceful and exciting, peculiar and a real mood lifter. I so love that we finally see more of Fiona, whom I’ve greatly missed since the second novel. I’m already looking forward to the next one, the cliffhanger on this is truly evil and I’m not okay with having to wait so long to see how it ends!

Well done Ransom!! It’s truly amazing!
Pam
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
This picks up right after the fourth book ends. Readers get ot know more about the various characters and get further understanding of the past events and battles to come. Jacob's new love interest, Noor, jumps immediately into the dynamics of the team. Miss Peregrine and the other "birds" seem less withdrawn as well.
Though I enjoyed reading this and appreciate the cliffhanger ending, I also find myself wanting this series to wrap up and be done.
Eva
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trinity
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a cliff hanger! Noo, not even a cliff hanger that was a dead stop after jumping off said cliff. The last chapter just scoops you right into it and leaves you high and dry. Ha!

Another lovely book by Riggs. Obiosly leading up to another, and hopefully a set up for another book at the end of this year? I hope.
Ashley DeHart
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cliffhanger much?!?!

It is well written in classic Riggs style. I loved the tie in from prior books and the deepening of emotional connection with some characters. I am mollified about the cliffhanger only because it means there will be another book to read
Shasta Bos
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think I’m truly going to be deviated when this series comes to an end. The Conference of the Birds was wonderful from start to finish. I’ve grown to love all the peculiars and now Noor too. Not sure how I am going to be able to wait for the next one after that ending!
The conference of the birds 1 9 Aug 18, 2019 10:46AM

• Nightbooks
  • Criss Cross (Alex Cross, #27)
  • Black Spire (Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, #2)
  • Small Teaching Online: Applying Learning Science in Online Classes
  • Watercolor Lettering: A Step-by-Step Workbook for Painting Embellished Scripts and Beautiful Art
  • Good Talk: A Memoir in Conversations
  • Cari Mora
  • Elric: The Stealer of Souls (Chronicles of the Last Emperor of Melniboné, #1)
  • The Beast of Beswick (Everleigh Sisters, #1)
  • Ali Cross
  • Die, Vol. 1: Fantasy Heartbreaker
  • The Lost Causes of Bleak Creek
  • Return (The Guardian #4)
  • Ruined (Seraphim #1)
  • Die, Vol. 2: Split the Party
  • Star Wars: Age of Rebellion - Villains
  • Star Wars: Age of Republic - Heroes
  • Star Wars: Age of Resistance - Heroes
Hi, I'm Ransom, and I like to tell stories. Sometimes I tell them with words, sometimes with pictures, often with both. I grew up on a farm on the Eastern shore of Maryland and also in a little house by the beach in Englewood, Florida where I got very tan and swam every day until I became half fish. I started writing stories when I was young, on an old typewriter that jammed and longhand on legal ...more

Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children (6 books)
  • Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1)
  • Hollow City (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #2)
  • Library of Souls (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #3)
  • A Map of Days (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #4)
  • Unknown (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #6)