Start by marking “Titanic (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #7)” as Want to Read:
Titanic (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #7)

Titanic

(Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #7)

Questions about the sinking of the Titanic are answered in this companion to Tonight on the Titanic. This resource includes information on the people who sailed on the Titanic, life on board the ship, and artifacts today. Illustrations.
Hardcover
Published August 1st 2002 by Turtleback Books

Rick Silva
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Magic Treehouse also does nonfiction. This is my son's latest find from his school library. He's been enjoying the Magic Treehouse series, and he's got an interest in the story of the Titanic.

I thought this was a nicely paced book for a young reader. It had enough detail that I learned some facts from it, but yet never felt wordy or overwhelming. While written with a young audience in mind, it does not sugarcoat the tragedy of the Titanic.

I was reading the book out loud, and I particularly liked
Lindy
It's a very good book, and I learned so much what really happened to the so called "Unsinkable" ship "Tatanic". They could have avoid the icebergs if the message was sent saying that 'icebergs ahead' was received by the wireless operator to relay it to the "bridge"......is( where the captain and his officer steer the ship). Apparently, the crow's nest (is a lookout station high above the top deck of a ship) who saw the icebergs send a message to the bridge, but the operator didn't get it,since t ...more
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jared, megan
Megan found this book at her school library and wanted me to read it out loud to her. She also read most of it on her own before I read it. I've never really researched the Titanic and my knowledge is basically from the 1997 movie, so I actually learned a decent amount. It is not comprehensive by any means, but it's a great starting point for kids. Megan is now hooked on reading more books about the Titanic. Jared was somewhat interested, but he wasn't nearly as excited to read it as Megan.

I've
Alex
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like this book because I don't like fact trackers. I also didn't like this book because I didn't like the part when it told me that the Titanic actually hit a ice berg.
Paige Scott
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-summaries
1) This book is an awesome book for avid History readers in the classroom! It is a chapter book, however it has very few words on each page, and also includes many pictures and fun facts on almost every page. Some of the pages include pictures of what the ship looked like inside and where everyone slept. The book tells all of the following with great detail: how the Titanic was built, the day it first set sail, how life was on the Titanic, how they ran into an iceberg and had to make sure everyo ...more
Reggie Overton
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Magic Tree House series is best known for its great research approach to educating our young readers on an array of subjects and facts. This book focuses on the sinking of the Titanic and the events that took place April 15, 1912 on an extremely cold night in the midst of the Atlantic Ocean. We all have come to know and love the story of the Titanic and this book provides a great resource for young people to develop ideas, get questions answered, and learn facts to where and why things spira ...more
Kelsey Rice
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rdng-350
This book was all about the Titanic. Facts, Pictures, and all sorts of information made this book so interesting. It talked about before the accident and after. I loved this book! I usually do not like historical fiction books but I thought this book was so interesting. I liked how the book contained many pictures of the actual items and people on the ship. I also liked how the ship was labeled in detail. This book could be taught in many different ways. I think the main way it could be used to ...more
Sarah -  All The Book Blog Names Are Taken
Eleanor says: Five stars because I love the ship so much and I missed it really much. I love learning about Titanic. It’s my favorite ship. I was sad when it sank, because so many people died. The people didn’t have to die but there were not enough lifeboats. That was not the people’s fault. The owners didn’t put enough lifeboats on. My mom likes to sing me the Titanic song and it gets too noisy. She sings it too loud and is so dramatic. This is a good book for kids to learn about Titanic. There ...more
Megan Morley
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Titanic all started when I saw National Geographic Kids Titanic book on the school reading iPad, and so I finished it and then I found this book at the school library and then I wanted my mom to read it to me. So when she was three chapters in, at night I finished it by reading it in bed. So then I got obsessed with Titanic.

It taught me a lot and they got taught a lesson because of Titanic that all ships should have the planned number of lifeboats. Sixty years after it sank, people in a submari
M a n o s h i
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have always enjoyed reading Mary Pope Osborne's books and this was no exception. I read very few of her fact trackers because I just couldn't stop reading the Magic Tree House series as a child. But I saw this on Libby and I love learning about the Titanic and it was a very fast and good read!
Jeanne Ruczhak-Eckman
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: history
Cleared the Bookshelf today. Got this years ago for one of my girls, who was really into anything Titanic. Lots of interesting facts about the ship, the passengers, the crew, the cargo, and what happened that fateful night. A good read. It is probably best for middle school readers.
Emilie E Smith
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Its a great story

I led everything about it
You should get this book at every library
It need a movie about how it sank
Kay Mcaloney
Great book for my second grade advanced reading group. Lots of pictures and descriptions of the Titanic. Very interesting!
Donna Leamey
I read this with my children as we prepare to host a class on the sinking of the Titanic. Lots of good information and easy to digest.
Tara
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-books
Very interesting book. I love the balanced way they tell the story of the Titanic. I learned a lot of things I didn’t know before.
Grace
May 26, 2018 rated it liked it
nice graphs and charts.
Isla
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is for 6-10 year olds.
Ashley Ott
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
•Non-fiction
•2002
•Summary: This is a non-fiction companion novel to the Magic tree house tonight on the companion novel. It is written for children who were inspired by the novel to learn more about the titanic. It has information about everything on the titanic from who built it, to when it hit the iceberg, to discovering the wreckage.
•Evaluation: This book is very informative, however it has a lot of information in it. I would recommend it for fourth or fifth graders who are doing a research
Sandy
Nov 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: informational
In this clear, easy-to-read non-fictional book about the Titanic, the facts are consistent with other informational books I read about the Titanic, and it even goes into more depth than many other books. It is rather lengthy, so I imagine that some young readers would lose interest before reading through the entire book. The illustrations are both drawings and actual photographs of the ship itself and a few of the rare photographs of people. At the end of the book, there are pages listing books, ...more
Kathy
TITANIC (MAGIC TREE HOUSE RESEARCH GUIDE) by Will Osborne

The Titanic is the companion to the Magic Tree House book "Tonight on the Titanic." This Research guide gives an in-depth account of the history of the Titanic. As well along with the story the author puts his notable touches with his sidebar notes of any trivia or vocabulary that enhances the story. The reader may also be intrigue by looking at the diagram of the ship and all the various rooms that are labeled on the ship. The Titanic has
The Brothers
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
There's a Titanic exhibit at a local museum so I thought it would be fun for the boys to have a little background info before we went.

This little novel is an excellent introduction to what went down (namely the ship) all those years ago. While neither boy was that interested in the beginning chapters of the who, how, and why the Titanic was built, once the story turned to the icy waters of the Atlantic that fateful night, they were hooked.

I loved the pictures and photographs that accompanied eac
Brooke
Apr 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: eced-221
Magic Tree House books are a wonderful way to start introduce a topic to students. I used to love learning about Titanic growing up. I read the Magic Tree House: Tonight on the Titanic, many years ago. So, I found it interesting to read the factual book on the Titanic now! I wish we had access to these books as kids. I learned a lot from her fiction books, but if paired with the nonfiction book, it would have truly expanded my perception of the event!

This is a great book for students! It is an e
Marya
Aug 15, 2016 rated it liked it
On second thought, this probably wasn't the best choice for a bedtime story. I mean, it was great to explain the whole concept of "women and children first", and even more touching to see that they weren't immediately willing to sacrifice adult men (glad to see that they believe in equality); but once we got to "the captain goes down with the ship", their eyes started to get a little round. Still, good job Magic Tree House for not totally giving them nightmares!
Jonnathan Ortiz
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's a very good book, and I learned so much what really happened to the so-called "Unsinkable" ship "Titanic". It was crazy to read that they could have prevented the wreck if someone would have sent a message saying there were icebergs up ahead. I think students would like this book because it is something they hear about and now they can see pictures and facts about the Titanic.
I could use this book in my classroom if students are wanting to read about boats.
Kayla Mudgett
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
As part of my background research for Titanic: the musical, I wanted to read this companion book to the Magic Tree House series I read as a child. It has good information, diagrams, photographs, and more recommended research sources. It is obviously aimed towards younger readers, but everyone will learn something if they are not experts on Titanic. A quick read for those who want an overview of fact vs fiction in regards to this event.
Brian Hammerman
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book on the Titanic true to the sad event that happened on the cold night back 100 years ago in 1912 when the ship ever built struck an iceberg in only less than a hundred people survived Adam over 2000 people why she said in the movie Titanic by James Cameron she is the ship of dreams and she truly was hey China had never been eaten on her bad when ever slept in and even today in 2014 about a hundred and one years later she still the most beautiful ship in history
Damrais Marc
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
The book that I read for this month what's called Titanic by Mary Pope Osborne. This book is a really good book because it includes a lot of facts about the Titanic, and really interesting because they put pictures. The book was really organized by date and it showed how people survive and how people died. The genre of the book was nonfiction. I rated this book a 4 stars because it could've been a little bit more longer and more details.
Lola
This was my favorite history book when I was 10. I was never a huge Magic Tree House series fan; I was always beyond the reading level of the series. I did love the Research Guide series, however, and Titanic was a great starting off point for me in my Titanic love. I have gotten better books by now, but this little books still holds a place in my collection. I recommend the Research Guides for anyone who has young kids interested in history (or that they can't get interested in history).
Dolly
Apr 13, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is an informative book about the Titanic ship and disaster. It seemed a bit long to us, even for a research guide, and I think our girls lost interest towards the end, but it was a good reference for information. I think these Magic Tree House Research Guides are great for elementary school-age children, especially if they are doing a report or want to learn more about a topic.
Melissa Namba
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: coplin, childrens
disappointing as far as the magic treehouse research guides go. it is a little dry and feels like a timeline. it attempts to be neutral, but in its neutrality castigates Philips. there is a brief description of the ship and icebergs, but it's not overwhelmingly interesting. kids would be better off doing their own research.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Ancient Rome and Pompeii (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #14)
  • You Wouldn't Want To Sail On The Titanic!: One Voyage You'd Rather Not Make
  • Polar: The Titanic Bear

Magic Tree House Fact Tracker (1 - 10 of 37 books)
  • Dinosaurs (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #1)
  • Knights and Castles (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #2)
  • Mummies and Pyramids (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #3)
  • Pirates (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #4)
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • Space (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #6)
  • Twisters and Other Terrible Storms (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #8)
  • Dolphins And Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #9)
  • Ancient Greece and the Olympics (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #10)
  • American Revolution (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #11)