Start by marking “The Status Debt: A suspense thriller packed with romance and crime (Hunted Book 1)” as Want to Read:

Lillian Morgan would do anything to regain the status she lost by marrying beneath her and to cover the sordid details of her husband’s death. This includes blackmail and the hand of marriage of her own daughter...

Tori’s father would have stopped his daughter’s misery. He’d have stopped it in a heartbeat, but he couldn’t because he was dead. He’d been dead for years.

Mu
Published May 24th 2019 by Athame Press

To ask other readers questions about The Status Debt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Status Debt

Start your review of The Status Debt: A suspense thriller packed with romance and crime (Hunted Book 1)
Kayla Krantz
Very suspenseful new series from this author.

From reading other works of hers, I’ve grown a liking for her style. The way she focus on character development to drive her plot makes it not only easy to connect to the characters but also to become invested in the story itself. In this story, I felt for Tori. Even though she was always surrounded with people, they were people who didn’t appreciate her, people who wanted to use her for their own personal gain.

Watching as she
Beth Hodgson
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'd like to thank this author for personally sucking the soul out of my marrow for the last two days. I could not put this book down, it was SO good. It made me cry, something a book has not done in ten years. I hope to God there is a sequel to this story.
Ellie Midwood
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An unputdownable new series from Edie Baylis! From page one, I got so involved with the characters, I couldn’t turn pages fast enough to see how it all plays out for them. Tori, who loses her father in a tragic accident, won my heart right away. It was devastating to watch how she, a sweet, kind girl who only wanted a normal life for herself, was forced by her controlling mother who is obsessed with money and status, into an arranged marriage with Matt, her wealthy friends’ son. As Tori’s person ...more
Diane Garner
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A gripping emotional gut-wrenching thriller.

Victoria and Hunter. Wow, I would have to say out of all the books I've read in this genre these are my two favorite characters. Two different classes, two different souls, and two people whom are set up to clash.

The story itself is a twisting kind of wonderful. There's no gaps, no skimming pages, and no question about what's going on. This book had me in its grips as soon as I was introduced to Hunter, And my interest never faltered.
Susan Angela Wallace
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The status debt by Edie Bayliss.
Murdered, in fact.
Tori thought her life couldn’t get much worse, but when her fiancé attempts t
Trudie Collins
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While I enjoyed previous books by this author, this one is even better. It draws you in and doesn’t let you go. She leaves enough breadcrumbs for you to guess what will happen, but not how, and not everything happens the way you think it will. This book is more about the journey than the destination. And what a journey! It contains interesting characters that are likeable or hateable and both the story and the settings are believable.

I have a waterproof cover for my Kindle so I can read in the
Sedona Hutton
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Status Debt by Edie Baylis is a story that’s hard to fit into one genre. Part suspense, part thriller, and part romance, this book is far from predictable. Just when I thought I knew where it was going, there was another twist.

Tori Morgan is forced into an undesired, arranged marriage by her controlling, status-conscious mother. Tori is diminished by her fiancé, Matt, his friends, and her mom, and her self-confidence and self-worth plummet. Tori’s best friend helps her to stand up for herse
Susiej
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I need book 2......Now!!!!

I love Edie Baylis' writing and this story hasn't let me down.
The vindictive web of lies that are woven, the backstabbing, the outstanding loyalty of the characters with genuine hearts and of course, the mega hot chemistry are all just snippets of what makes this an amazing story that I just don't want to come to an end. I suspected one of the heartbreaking twists but didn't want it to be true, nor the way the story finishes! I can't wait for book 2 as I'm not sure my
Anne
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tori is a sweet, likeable soul. Her father was killed years ago for allegedly being involved in drug trafficking, but she can’t quite bring herself to believe this of her beloved Dad. Yet her mother is adamant he wasn’t what he seemed and is hell bent on regaining the ‘status’ she feels she lost by marrying him, no matter what the cost. And the cost is Tori’s forthcoming arranged marriage to the odious controlling and abusive Matt. Tori is being systematically torn apart by her fiancé, her futur ...more
Beccy Thompson
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from the book club reviewers thank you
I love Edies writing and this new series is on track to continue her trend of being a go to author!
I love the characters and they way Edie has created a complex character history for them
A riveting read I’ll be looking for book 2!
Maggie Long
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a journey

This story had me hooked from the first page. Matt, a conceited rich boy whose father has pushed him into marrying Tori. Tori is a naïve young girl who has accepted Matt's offer of marriage, but deep down, she knew she didn't love him. Although Tori kept postponing her wedding, Matt's parents and her mother schemed behind Tori's back and planned the wedding date for her. Matt expected Tori to succumb to his wishes; she had to do his bidding or else...
Then along comes a
J.B. Trepagnier
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an intense book and I'm hoping it's part of a bigger series so some of the ending gets resolved. I will admit to not being a part of the British upper class and not quite understanding some of the motivations of some of the characters and why they allowed certain things to happen to them. Matt, I understood because he was written well, but the lengths some of the characters go and the money they pay just so people don't find out they knew a person from a certain class knew them.

I've re
Joshua Grffith
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another epic series in the making

An interesting read indeed. If there's one thing that I never liked, it's the posh, aristocratic class. Always looking down their noses at us common folk like we are trash. Edie Baylis is able to masterfully weave both worlds into a story set in the 80's with a biker gang that has property that a posh son of a bank manager is trying to get for development. The two worlds collide with drug dealing and the leader of the gang in drawn to Tori, a girl that is bein
Cheers&Applause
Jul 28, 2019
Michelle
Jul 30, 2019

• No Woman's Land: a Holocaust novel
  • Candy Canes and Buckets of Blood (Sprite Brigade Book 1)
  • Secrets of the Home Wood: The Sacrifice
  • A Shaper's Promise (Aura Shaper #1)
  • Murder Creek
  • Misplaced (Sacred Duet Book One)
  • Magister's Bane (Call of the Elements, #1)
  • Their Last Breath
  • The Rift In Our Reality: A Sweet Young Adult Romance
  • The Grass Trail
  • Fat Chance
  • Innocence and Deception (Men of valour, women of steel Book 3)
  • Deference (Temper, #1)
  • The Woman Behind the Waterfall
  • Yardley: An Unconventional Love Story (An Elemental Witch Trials Novella)
  • Hell's Mistress (Infernal Love #1)
  • Dark Illusion (Dark #29)
  • The Paramedic's Daughter
Edie Baylis lives in central England with her partner, children and oversized nutcase dog. She has worked all over the country in previous occupations - some of which have been enjoyable, others not. Either way, she has met a lot of interesting people.

Reading has always been one of Edie's great passions and is a self-confessed book hoarder. Music and the love of all things interesting and unique are other favou