Start by marking “Martin Legacy (Martin Generations, #2)” as Want to Read:
Martin Legacy (Martin Generations, #2)

Martin Legacy

(Martin Generations #2)

Gemma Ebworthy is a struggling single mother—but not for much longer. Engaged to a kind-hearted farmer boy, her turbulent life is looking more stable at last, but troubles are still on the horizon. It seems their efforts to build a legacy for their unique family are constantly under siege.

Farris cherishes the only life he’s ever known, even though he feels more called to t
Kindle Edition
Published November 12th 2019 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Martin Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Martin Legacy

Start your review of Martin Legacy (Martin Generations, #2)
Hailey Rose
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got to read this book as Abi's critique partner...and I'm just saying, y'all are gonna love this. ;)
S.G. Willoughby
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*happy sigh* Full review coming on publication.
Abigail
"None of us here deserved God's grace either, but we accepted it anyway because we needed it," he continued. "Life isn't about deserving things. It's about doing the best we can with what we have."

I knew I was gonna cry and I was right. This was beautiful.

I have this bad habit of reading and enjoying first books in series and then putting off the sequel for... some reason. I don't know why. I loved "Martin Hospitality" when I read it last year, and I knew I was going to love this one. Abigayl
Aria
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Now I know why there's cotton on the cover. ;)

I've been waiting for this book to come out ever since I read Martin Hospitality. I couldn't wait for all the loose ends to tie up, to finish out the romance between Josiah and Gemma, to see adorable Farris grow up.
And so I binged this book last night in a couple of hours. My thoughts? It's good. Everyone who was waiting for a nice ending will be satisfied. It doesn't leave a stone unturned. The characters grow through struggles and hardship, with
Lisa Elis
May 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
*sings* I AM SO EXCITED I AM SO EXCITED lalalaaa
Madison Guy
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book. THIS BOOK. I read all 300+ pages in 4 days. Abigayle Claire does amazing things in this second and final book of the Martin Generations series.

The story of Gemma, Josiah, and their family sucks you in from the beginning of their engagement to the end of their story. The characters are not only realistic, but they also struggle through raw emotions and relatable situations that test their limits. Heartbreak. Loss. Hope. Love. Helplessness. Trust.

I loved the Martin family in the first
Bridget Marshall
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
My favorite character?

Farris.

I loved getting to watch him grow up, and I especially adored him as a four- and five-year-old.

Martin Legacy is a lovely book with a laid-back pace that matched the mood of its Midwest farming community setting. I felt like I got to follow along in the characters' everyday normal lives and watch them change and grow. . . without it being slow or boring at all. By the end of the book the Martins were like old friends.

This book was the perfect sequel to Martin Hospita
Eliza Noel
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I haven’t been this excited to read a book in a looooong time. I loved every little bit of this continuation of Gemma’s story. So many parts made me smile and at leas one even made me cry. It ended so perfectly. I honestly don’t know if I can pick a favorite between the two Martin Generations books.
Ruth Meyer
I’ll give a full review once I read a final version of the manuscript, but I enjoyed being a beta reader. Thanks, Abi, for the opportunity!
Soleil
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
RTC
Angela Watts
I read a beta copy, so I will not rate or review that copy.

If I rate/review, it will be a final copy, but I'm not sure if I will.
Kaitlyn Krispense
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
So, I read Martin Hospitality soon after it first released, and while I enjoyed it, it didn't really keep my attention.

Martin Legacy, however, was a different story. (Pun unintended, muahaha)

Probably because it didn't cover a short time span like MH did. The first two or three chapters really made me kiiiinda dread the rest of the book, because (this might be considered a minor spoiler here) Gemma and Josiah went from madly in love + engaged to Gemma calling the wedding off + getting engaged aga
Liz F.
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved this book!!! It was a wonderful finish for this great duology!! So many things happened and AHH... no spoilers, so just go read it already!!

I think the characters have really just grown (wow) throughout this series and it was so fun to read. Especially since I read them pretty much back to back. (and the characters are super cool, so yeah.)

I don't really know what to say without spilling something big except GO READ IT ALREADY!! 😁

13+ 😉

**I read a beta copy and there were a few things that
Rlouiseg
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was great to catch up with the characters again.

It's written so well and is very grabbing. The characters are all very real and open. At one point it felt like there was too much trouble going on but that happens in real life too.

I did feel like there was a few small inconsistencies in the characters, but it wasn't too much. I wished things worked out a little better with a few characters at the end (no names so I don't spoil it.).

I'd highly recommend this book
Kaitlyn S.
Wow -- this was well worth the wait!! Review to come soon . . . But when this book releases in a few days, y'all NEED to get it!
Heather Wood
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you want a pleasant break from reality (looking at you, Covid-19), this book delivers.
Sometimes I read a romance story and wonder what the characters would be like when they're forty and their kids are teenagers - Abi took us there in this sequel.
It's the story of a family's everyday life through the years and gives us a glimpse of their growth and the development of their faith and relationships as time passes. It's a family that is unfailingly honest and constantly challenging each other t
Christina
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING.
ahem. Martin Legacy was even better than Martin Hospitality ... if that's even possible. As most of you know, I LOVED MH and would consider it one of my very favorite books. ❤ That's why I was thrilled to know that another book would be coming out - Martin Legacy (ML).
Abigayle Claire brings everything together and covers SO many topics!!

Here are a couple notes on the book/content before I talk more about how much I love it (be warned, I will spoil some parts of MH in this s
Olivia
*I received a free copy of this book to read for review*

It was so fun to read the continuation of Gemma and Josiah's story. I really loved how their lives played out, over many years, instead of a short span of time. I felt closer to the characters and I really enjoyed Farris's POV. The spiritual content and certain topics that were dealt with made me happy. I appreciate when authors deal with tough subjects! The relationships, both romantic and otherwise, made me appreciate the people in my own
Allison
Nov 17, 2019 rated it liked it

a very sweet and adorable book, and i loved getting to see how the characters grew up after "Martin Hospitality". however, it didn't grab me as much as MH did?? idk, it might have been the long time gaps between chunks of the story, and how some plot lines remain unresolved (Annaliese, Travis, etc.)

all in all, a very sweet and wholesome duology, and i look forward to rereading them. ;)
Libby May
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie
This was a very nice extension/epilogue for Gemma and Farris.
I love who Farris grew up to become.
I never grew to love Josiah, just like in the first book. But I appreciate his love for Gemma, because she deserves that.
I feel like introducing a character with Down Syndrome should have been a little bit bigger, a little bit more important, and a little bit more elaborated. But either way, it was beautiful to see Gemma's family and life.
I.... Don't know how I feel about Travis and who everything
Michaela Bush
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Immediately after reading Martin Hospitality, I knew I couldn't wait for the next chapter in Gemma and Josiah's life -- and boy, was I in for a treat. Other fans of Martin Hospitality will love this book. It covers a range of multi-faceted issues smoothly and with tact -- marital and relational conflicts, the sadness of loss, forgiving the seemingly unforgivable, and the struggle that is called life. I could say a LOT more, but I won't spoil it. I have to applaud Claire for her eloquence in writ ...more
Jackie
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely wonderful story of two people who want nothing more than a good life together. Struggles are always in the way. Magnificent.
Vera Shaw
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Martin Hospitality was one of my favorite books that I discovered in 2017, and it holds a special place in my heart. So when Martin Legacy released, I was chomping at the bit to rejoin Gemma and read the latest addition to the Martins' story.

And it was as sweet and heartwarming as I'd hoped it would be.

The characters in this book captured me and were honestly my favorite parts of the book. It did take me a minute to remember just who everyone was (there are a lot of kids in the Martin family!),
Ellie Gavin
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Katja
4.5 stars & 5/10 hearts. I enjoyed this book more than the first book. Josiah was a great dad, and a great husband; and Gemma was an awesome mother, too. Farris was absolutely adorable as a teen; and I shipped him & Mila so hard. XD I still love Travis more than Josiah and WHOA! the last 15% of this book was AMAZING. The only reason I don’t give 5 stars is because of a few things—contraceptive measures, some kissing & touching before marriage, euphemisms. Though it shows married life, it stays v ...more
Mikayla

This is a tough one to review. After loving Martin Hospitality I was super excited for this one. Now that I'm done, I'm still not sure what to think.

This book covers a massive amount of time, and that was a bit daunting for me. I love seeing what happened to the characters, but to have one book take us from the wedding to when Farris is in his twenties is just a lot of info. Also, there was never really a chance to slow down and enjoy how far the characters had come. Or really follow
Abigayle Claire
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jessica
Sarah Grace Grzy
May 28, 2019
Bethany Reinstedt
May 28, 2019

• Freedom (Liberty's Battlegrounds, #1)
  • Never Say Goodbye
  • 100 Days of Sunlight
  • Beloved
  • A Song Unheard (Shadows Over England, #2)
  • Mele Kalikimaka (Tradewinds, #2.5)
  • A Strand of Hope (Librarians of Willow Hollow)
  • Live Without You
  • The Land Beneath Us (Sunrise at Normandy, #3)
  • An Uncommon Woman
  • Sunset Summer
  • Window Fellow
  • Sons of Slaughter
  • Mortified
  • Stars and Soul: A Sci-fi Flash Fiction Collection
  • Daughters of Northern Shores (Blackbird Mountain, #2)
  • The Reluctant Duchess (Ladies of the Manor, #2)
  • A Lady Unrivaled (Ladies of the Manor, #3)
Abigayle has been a writer ever since her mother taught her how to hold a pencil. However, she devoted more time to reading words with her green eyes than penning them with her left hand. Inspired by a crazy dream at the age of sixteen, she set off on a journey to self-publish her first novel, Martin Hospitality.

Since then, Abigayle has devoted herself to sharing what she has learned through the

Martin Generations (2 books)
  • Martin Hospitality (Martin Generations, #1)

News & Interviews

“You don’t heal in a single moment. It’s day by day, a little at a time. The time it takes doesn’t mean God’s not healing you, or that you need to change tactics.” 0 likes
“So what do you do on the days you can’t move on?”
Julie smiled, though it wobbled a little. “Trust God and try again tomorrow.”
0 likes