Start by marking “Protecting the Poor (Tales of Faith, #3)” as Want to Read:
Protecting the Poor (Tales of Faith, #3)

Protecting the Poor

(Tales of Faith #3)

Sheriff Feroci is now lord over the province, and Abtshire has become a pit of injustice. Being forced into the lord’s service does not give Dumphey as many opportunities to help the poor as he desires. When attempts on his life drive him into the forest, this freedom opens a world of possibilities for helping others. But how can he do so when he is running for his life? A ...more
Published August 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Protecting the Poor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protecting the Poor

Start your review of Protecting the Poor (Tales of Faith, #3)
Erika Mathews
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was so impressed by how the author took the original premise of this story - "robbing rich to feed poor," and portrayed it in Biblical way that honored God's law and principles. That's something that's not easy to do with a traditional tale. Did all the characters do the right thing? No, not even close - not even most of the time! But the underlying current of the desire to follow and honor God threaded through the entire story, breathing beauty and truth in the midst of the wrong choices that ...more
Olivia
An excellent conclusion to a great series!! I loved learning more about Dumphey and Noel and the intertwining of the Robin Hood story :)
Liz F.
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
RTC closer to publication.

4.5 stars. :D
Debbie
Aug 26, 2019 rated it liked it
I am going to start this review different then I have ever done before, because I am going to say that I am glad that the Scriptures verses refer to in the story are written out in their entirely and the verse at the back of the book and after the questions to ponder, there is verses to getting to know the Master Author, which is Jesus.

"Protecting the Poor" by Amanda Tero is a retelling of Robin Hood with a Christian theme. It really brings the whole series "Tales of Faith" to a delightful end.

I
Kaitlyn S.
I have read Dumphey’s tale several times, and each time has been more delightful than the last — and not just because of the changes made to the differenct drafts of the story. The way Dumphey learns and grows is wonderful, and the way Noel responds to God’s calling in his life is a wonderful example of faith and trust in the Saviour. Having read a bit about Dumphey in The Secret Slipper, I was so happy that Dumphey and his brother would be able to have a story all their own :D

Robin Hood is one
Angie Thompson
I loved this story so much! I actually didn't remember at first how the main characters connected to the rest of the series (I'm so bad at names sometimes), but once I recognized the connection, it made it even better. <3 Also, the whole Robin Hood theme was awesome, and I liked the way the retelling was recognizable while still being entirely its own story.

Dumphey and Noel were both very sweet characters, even though their challenges and struggles were definitely unique. I loved their brother
Leanne
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am not sure how it is possible, but each new book in this series seems to be better than the last one!
I loved this retelling of Robin hood so much. The characters were nicely done and I loved the message that was woven into the story. It was done in a graceful way where it really felt like a part of the story.

And I loved the way the plot went, with all of it's twists, turns, and unexpected surprises. I was so excited to see how it would all end, but now I am sad that the story is over alread
Kathy Anderson
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I so enjoyed reading this retelling of the “Robin Hood “ story. There is plenty of intrigue, adventure, and excitement for all readers. Her main characters are faced with personal trials which force them to lean on God’s strength and help. Amanda Tero consistently presents a clear gospel message in her books which is why she is one of my favorite authors to read.

FTC Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review. I was not required to give a positive
Raechel Lenore
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
RTC!
Becky Dempsey
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Protecting the Poor" is the third book in the Tales of Faith series. It is a Robin Hood retelling. Having met Dumphey and Noel in the second book of the series, it was nice to read their story. It was a little different with the story being from the viewpoints of Dumphey and Noel only and not having a female main character like other books usually do. I was drawn back into time with this story and the plight of the characters felt like it was my friends' troubles. The story held twists I didn't ...more
Alexa
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars out of 5

Because this is a novella, the plot picks up with striking swiftness: the first couple of chapters aren’t too action-packed, but after that, you really hit the ground running and reach the climax quickly. There’s a good mix of action (I do love a good David-and-Goliath ambush by the good guys!), tense moments prepping for action (like, there are a lot of these), and a little bit of downtime between moments of action, so one thread of feeling never fully overwhelm
Tarissa
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
An intriguing adventure, about keeping one's faith in God always, about standing up for others when you've been called to do it, about helping those less fortunate, about following God's guiding Word. Herein we have a plot inspired by Robin Hood. The historical elements embedded in the story add much flavor and detail. The medieval setting... the archery... the soldiers going to battle in chainmail... It feel stunning to be transported into this setting.

I love Amanda Tero's clear, strong writing
Rebekah Morris
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it

Having read and enjoyed the first two books in this series, I was excited to pick up the final book and see how the author tied everything together even though I’m not a huge fan of this era.
This story was well told and the characters felt real not fake and forced. I greatly enjoyed the faith and trust aspects of the story and how different ones struggled in different areas but it didn’t mean any of them were wrong. There was plenty of excitement and adventure as you might expect with a
Mikayla
This was my favorite of all the Tales of Faith series. Dumphey was the best, and he made a fantastic Robin Hood character. I loved the plot to this book and the conclusion to all the character's stories. It was fun to see where they all ended up.
Overall, a fantastic series with amazing characters and strong faith elements.
Melinda Staley
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m a bit behind on reviewing, so I am going to review this Tales of Faith trilogy as a whole. These were my first reads by Amanda Tero, and I’ve found a new favorite author! I love fairy tale retellings, and when they have a Christian spin on them, they’re even better to me! These books are lighter on the romance spectrum and instead focus on God’s love.
In Befriending the Beast, Amanda changes the roles up a bit. Instead of having Belle fall in love with a beast, she makes the beast the father.
Esther Filbrun
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Protecting the Poor. I have loved Robin Hood’s story for years now, and joining that beloved tale with Amanda Tero’s excellent imagination and writing, I had a thoroughly enjoyable reading experience. There is the classic adventure, of course, but my favorite part was how the old story was kept in the same setting but was tweaked here and there to create not only a story all on its own, but also a great wrap-up to the Tales of Faith series! The faith part came throug ...more
Rachel Rizzuto
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bata-read
I did not read the other books in this series, but I still enjoyed this book. It had a Robin Hood feel to it, but with boys, I liked that. My favorite characters were: Dumphey, Noel, Patey, and Betin. I guess, almost all the boys. I did not see the plot twist at the end coming. Very good book!
Tara Savanna
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Tales of Faith series. Each book is a clean, faith-filled, magic-free, and enjoyable twist to a traditional fairy tale. While “Protecting the Poor” can be read on its own, it does contain a few characters from the previous books and many of the previous character’s futures in the epilogue.

I have enjoyed many Robin Hood tales over the years and have always loved the story, no matter the version. This book, in my opinion, tops them all. Dumphy does things a bit differ
Ejayen
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, no-magic, fantasy
Full Review will be on my blog on the 27th, but for now, know that the bad guys are smart.
Hanne T
This was a really fun read!! I haven't really read much Robin Hood in general, although I do know the general storyline. Protecting the Poor was a really good Robin Hood retelling, and with a Christian/biblical twist. It was basically Robin Hood, but more realistic and with a good backstory that made sense and had more depth than just..stealing and giving.

I LOVED Dumphey and Noel: they were SO sweet and thoughtful and just AAA. Good people. Dumphey's band of boys was AWESOME, and his and Noel's
Joshua Reid
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Protecting the Poor by Amanda Tero is a book that I didn't expect to enjoy right away, especially as the final book in the Tales of Faith trilogy. As someone who hasn't read a lot of indie published books, I was surprised by the level of care and attention to the characters and world that Amanda created.

One of the immediate aspects of the book that I enjoyed was the dynamic between Dumphey and his little brother Noel. Their relationship is amazing and Amanda does a great job at fleshing out thei
Katja
4.5 stars & 5/10 hearts. This was a very good wrap-up to the series. You got a glimpse of many past characters, while learning more about Dumphey, Noel, & Zuzene, and meeting new characters. I loved the Robin Hood feature (especially when it became strictly honest!!!) and I loved the struggles that Dumphey and Noel had—I identified with both. I loved the lessons of the book, and the unexpected twist!

A Favourite Quote: “The danger was far from over. Dumphey was still somewhere under the lord’s gr
Bernadette
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Tero is writing quality, historical fiction that you can trust. For your children, for your family, and for you own soul. Highly recommended for home schooling families (particularly as read-alouds) as well as independent readers of all ages.

Though I'm please to have discovered Ms. Tero's work, I regret not knowing about her sooner. Her books would have filled my home school library shelves.

Abigail Harris
Sep 03, 2019
Ellen Senechal
Jun 19, 2020
Amanda Tero
Jun 01, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Cate
Aug 13, 2019
Mary
Aug 19, 2019

• Window Fellow
  • Red Rover, Red Rover (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #1)
  • Never Say Goodbye
  • A Portrait of Loyalty (The Codebreakers, #3)
  • River of Peril (Goldtown Adventures #4)
  • A-Spying We Will Go (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #5)
  • Once Upon a Dime (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #6)
  • Molly and Anna
  • The Dressmaker's Secret (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy, #1)
  • In 27 Days (In 27 Days, #1)
  • Some Wildflower in My Heart
  • Live Without You
  • A Speck in the Sea: A Story of Survival and Rescue
  • For Felicity: A Short Story
  • Paralyzed Dreams
  • Phantom Thief (AKA Simon Lee Book 1)
  • The Pages of Her Life
  • Beloved
Amanda Tero grew up attending a one room school with her eleven siblings—and loved it! She also fell in love with reading to the point her mom withheld her books to get her to do her chores. That love of reading turned into a love of writing YA fiction.

Amanda is a music teacher by day and a literary guide by night, creating stories that whisk readers off to new eras and introduce them to heroic b

Tales of Faith (3 books)
  • Befriending the Beast (Tales of Faith, #1)
  • The Secret Slipper (Tales of Faith #2)