Start by marking “The Obsession (Filthy Rich Americans, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Obsession (Filthy Rich Americans, #2)

The Obsession

(Filthy Rich Americans #2)

The Hale family is obsessed with status, power, and control. No problem is too big their money can’t solve.

Royce Hale manipulated me into giving him everything. My virginity. My hand in marriage. My heart.

And as soon as he got what he wanted, he callously sold me off for a cool ten million.

In the boardroom and the twisted game his family plays, he says the only rule is to
Published August 13th 2019 by Shady Creek Publishing

Start your review of The Obsession (Filthy Rich Americans, #2)
✰ Liz ✰
"A cage may open from the inside but it's still a cage."
description

The Obsession is the second book in the Filthy Rich Americans Series. Once again, Nikki Sloane has crafted an addictive work of art with complex characters and an intense plot. The saga of the Hale family continues as Marist scrambles to maintain her dignity and keep her family safe. She is continuously battling her feelings for her fiance (and enemy) Royce. As she becomes more inundated with the Hale dynasty she inadvertently captures
Melanie (mells_view)
The best lies he told with his lips were the ones where he didn’t use words.

(I want to post the disclaimer that a 3* book is still a good read in my opinion!)

I’ll start this off by saying that The Obsession, like the Initiation, was incredibly well written and engaging. Unfortunately, unlike the Initiation I was not exactly obsessed with where the story went. That being said The Obsession still has the intense corruption and lies of the first story mixed with some new layers to Marist’s stor
benevolent bastard
Nov 10, 2019 rated it liked it
hugsandcookies
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
More mind games and more twists.

When I left off in book 1 I was like so overwhelm angry at the turn and yet book 2 is just even worse where I wanted to just give it 2 stars but I’m starting to really grasp onto Royce and Marist and I keep hoping for the best for them yet having a Minotaur of a father play games really had me twisted up where half the time I kept cringing at how creepy he was towards Marist. Anyways I totally felt like the story focused more on his stupid games but I wanted Mari
Literary Temptations
MY RATING: 4*
TITLE: The Obsession
AUTHOR: Nikki Sloane
SERIES: Filthy Rich Americans
RELEASE DATE: 13 August 2019
CLIFFHANGER: Yes

ARC was kindly provided for an honest review

Okay, y’all know how much I’ve been looking forward to this book ever since Royce made that deal with the devil in The Initiation. So obviously as soon as I got the obsession in my kindle I was on it. I loved it but the whole time I was reading it I had my “what the fuck” face on. I must admit I was a bit nervous about reading i
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars ✨
SimplyƝì₭
Wow! What a saga. I want more. This book was the perfect mix of angst, thrills and sex. So glad I read it.
Alla
Okay, so this is starting to get a little more dark and twisted, but I´m really enjoying it, even though at times I had a hard time turning to the next page because I got worried about what crazy thing would happen next to Marist. This one was a one crazy ride and I´m off to the next one!
SinfulSoulRead
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4,5 CHECKMATE STARS

After the emotional ending of The Initiation, I could not stop thinking about Filthy Rich Americans. When The Obsession hit my kindle, my heart stilled, literally. Like the first book, I consumed Marist and Royce story, with flushed cheeks and shaking hands.

The Obsession is hotter, more depraved and filled with manipulative and cunning people who are ready to do everything in their power to win. And Marist is the price.

This time we have two players. Two successful, handsome
Vanessa
4.25 Stars!

Wow, this one was way better than the first book. This is turning out to be a really strong series.

My only complaint is that I don't FEEL the emotion and connection between Royce and Marist...from Royce. But I think that might be intentional from the author. Hoping to see Royce really step up his game in The Deception.

P.S. I F-LOVE Macalister! =))
Kim Whitehead
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy moly!! Intense and full of angst!! My anxiety level was through the roof!! Heart pounding! Twisted and captivating!! Brilliantly written!! So many secrets and had a mysterious feel to it!! Phenomenal story that will leave you speechless!! What an incredible game! Check mate!!
Lisa Marie ~ Words We Love By
Sooooo  I finished The Obsession a couple of days ago but waited to do the review because I needed to be able to say something beyond "HOLY SHIT. BUY THIS BOOK NOW!"  Now that I have had a few days to let my brain unscramble and actual words to filter in, here goes.

The Obsession, the second in the Filthy Rich Americans trilogy, picks up right where The Initiation (book 1) leaves off.  Marist is left stunned, horrified and paralyzed by Royce essentially selling her to his father.   However, Maris
Beneath The Covers Blog
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, sonal, 2019-reads
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events
Started a tad slow but OMG
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
Marist is trying to pull herself together after Royce sold her out to Macalister. He is a controlling devil who is always two steps ahead of everybody else.

Being forced to play chess with Macalister every night until she learns the game well enough to beat him is more than a normal human should stand. Try as she may, he always wins. Their agreement is contingent on her being able to beat him. Once that happens, she will be able to breathe and gain her freedom from him.

Emotions are complex in thi
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 5+ "Minotaur" Stars ⭐️
The Filthy Rich Americans Trilogy continues in force with The Obsession! This book had me hooked from the beginning and is so fittingly named, because that’s exactly the effect it had on me: I was entirely gripped by this scandalous story of manipulation, fixation, cunning tricks and all-consuming desire! Nikki Sloane sincerely entranced me with this intricate story composed of multiple startling twists and a group of protagonists fighting to get on top!

"Toda
Kimberly (Kimmy Loves to Read)
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, 2020
Why is it 1am? And why do I have to adult tomorrow? I just want to read the 3rd book! Gah!!
Big Joe  Rossi
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
He sold her. Royce sells Marist to his dad, Macalister for shares of the company. That is just the start to a book of twists, deals, secrets and craziness.

Marist is mad at him and that leads to "deals" made with Macalister. A deal made for nightly chess. A deal made for a special gift for her. A bet on the hedge maze that doesn't end like she expects. Just when you think, yes Marist and Royce have a chance to gain power we learn secrets aren't so secret.

Then the ending...... just WOW! Who would
K.  Ramjohn
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow....another phenomenal page-turner from Nikki Sloane. After reading The Initiation I could not wait to get my hands on this book. The Obsession was gripping intense and mind blowing, it was more manipulative, depraved and hotter that the first book and I was hooked and at the edge of my seat from start to finish. The story continues from where the first book left off and it evolved so much further from The Initiation but in an entirely different way than expected.
Full of tension, angst and e
SusanAhh
What a twisted tale of deceit and erotic shenanigans with mythological references and even an actual maze...you gotta appreciate a good maze! 😆 Review to come...
Shyralf
4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 1/2 Stars! Damn, damn, damn! What the hell was that? This book was so freaking addictive, I couldn’t put it down. I need to know what happens next.
Lauren Lascola-Lesczynski
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy chess match batman...
Royce and Marist are back in big way. Macalister has up'd his game and is coming hard for these two.
This story just keeps getting more twisty and sexy as the pages go by. I am feeling very very invested at this point and I am concerned that there is something wrong with me...lol.
Some of this stuff that is going on should have me shaking my head NOT fanning myself because I am all hot and bothered. At this point I am not sure who I am rooting for to take Marist to the p
TheEuphoricZat
Apr 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Hmmm. This has surely taken forbidden romance to another level
Princess
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is just as crazy as the first. There is a certain eww factor and still I can’t quit reading it. I can’t figure out which of the men are bad or if it’s either
Aysha
Aug 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Iza
Dec 11, 2019 added it
Shelves: er
I am not quite sure why I am still reading this series. This is not a romance, there is no love whatsoever even if it is talked about at some point. It's an awful situation with no light at the tunnel. At every turn I hope that Marist will somehow prevail, while she is digging herself a bigger hole. There is nothing good here, only manipulation, lies, unhealthy lust and very big eww factor to be honest. At one point I just wanted to see her free herself from this situation alone. For a first tim ...more
Shelly | VixenReads
Holy shit! What has Nikki Sloane done to me?! This book took this story to the next depraved and scandalous level...and I loved every filthy and wicked minute of it!

There is definitely a twist at the end that I certainly didn’t expect. It makes the wait for The Deception that much more difficult.

I loved the elements of Greek mythology and Chess within the story. Each of those elements were well played throughout the entire story.

I need more Marist and Royce and I can’t wait to watch them conqu
Jennifer Hinson
"Marrying him would make me a Hale in name— not an immortal like everyone else in his family. It just made me a target. A pawn in the game between father and son."

Its been a few days since I finished this book and I am still trying to wrap my head around what I was put through with this one. Its one of those reads that is so good, so suspenseful, so freaking sexy; you just can't help to get so engulfed in the entire experience that its hard to move on from.

“Because no one owns you, Marist. H
Goodreads Librari...: Please update the cover 2 28 Jul 01, 2019 10:04AM

• Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Once a Myth (Goddess Isles, #1)
  • The Rebel Queen (The Rebel Queen Duet, #2)
  • The Royal Arrangement (The Rebel Queen Duet, #1)
  • Ruin  (Slay Quartet, #2)
  • Revenge (Slay Quartet #3)
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • Twice a Wish (Goddess Isles, #2)
  • Third a Kiss (Goddess Isles, #3)
  • King of Lies (Empire of Lies, #1)
  • Iron Crowne
  • All the Truths (Lies & Truths Duet, #2)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • Ruined (His For A Week, #5)
  • Collateral
  • Perfect Strangers
  • Damage

Filthy Rich Americans (4 books)
  • The Initiation (Filthy Rich Americans #1)
  • The Deception (Filthy Rich Americans, #3)
  • The Redemption (Filthy Rich Americans, #4)