Start by marking “Snow White and the Seven Murders (Fairy Tale Retelling #1)” as Want to Read:
Snow White and the Seven Murders (Fairy Tale Retelling #1)

Snow White and the Seven Murders

(Fairy Tale Retelling #1)

What if Snow White had to save the prince?

As a business reporter for the Dayton City Newspaper, Snow White tries to stick to the facts and stay out of trouble. But when research for an article leads to suspicions that a killer is on the loose, she can't help but investigate. A local mine owner is dead. Could the owner of a rival company be to blame?

Snow's snooping pay
Published June 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Snow White and the Seven Murders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snow White and the Seven Murders

Start your review of Snow White and the Seven Murders (Fairy Tale Retelling #1)
Barb Foerst
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Snow/Sarah White is a reporter for a local Colorado newspaper. She’s researching an article regarding the death of a local mine owner. The mine is a profitable source of rare earth el, ements. Snow’s research brings up a considerable surprise.

I enjoyed this novella. It’s a fast read as well as fun with a little romance and a mystery. I look forward to another in this new series.
Crystal
Loved this book. It was fun, witty, entertaining, easy to read, a page turner with some romance. I would read this book again. I recommend it. I hope someday to get the paperback version of this book. Did I say this book was so much fun to read. Yes I think maybe the younger crowd might enjoy it too. If you are concerned please read the book before letting your children and grandchildren read it. It's not any worse than Harry Potter.
Rumell Khan
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was at the bottom of my to-read list so I just decided to read it. It was good.
Bev Greene
Jun 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
Hate to say it but I was always told if you nothing nice about something don't say anything
John Shrek Walters
💍👑👔🎓💑 5 stars ✨

SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN MURDERS by Amorette Anderson

First edition. June 4, 2019.

Read on: iBooks, KyBook (1, 2, & 3), BookBub, Kobo, SmashWords, Good Reads, and others as I find them.

Started: 5 June 2019.
Finished: 9 June 2019.
Amazon: ?

Title:
Tie, tie! Or the case of the teleporting tie.

Some things tend to stay the same for certain authors and this style shift is being inserted into the magical background of smaller town Colorado.

Trading on the fact that Colorado has both silv
Andrea Stoeckel
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“It is different, isn’t it?...Seeing a photo of someone, or hearing their name, their occupation... what their status is... Compared to really being in their presence. You can learn so much about a person by looking into her eyes.”

Sara-Snow- White is a reporter for a small newspaper. The fact that she’s the owner’s daughter isn’t known...she does her job, she goes back to her rental where she is virtually the housekeeper, and, by edit from her step-mother, she stays away from her father because
Billie
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What if Snow White had to save the prince?
Snow's snooping pays off, and soon she's chasing down hot clues -- and an even hotter prince. Amir Malick, prince of Qu'abar, is handsome, smart, fun
Alice
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: readers of romantic suspense
Recommended to Alice by: Amorette.
Loved it!! This was a smooth read. things seem to flow. Loved the way she is called Snow by her dad and friends because she looks like the fairly tale Snow even tho her name is Sara White. She shares a house with 7 older men and cook ,cleans and takes care of the domestic chores. Later in the book there is modern mean stepmother. Sara's best friend is named Cinda Rella. The book centers around the Peake mine , the last available rare elements in the country. Prince Amir out bids the competing co ...more
Saundra Wright
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Smart and lively fairy tale cozy! I enjoyed this quite as much as Ms. Anderson's whimsical witch mysteries! More grown up and sophisticated fairy tale figures set in modern times.

Sara White writes for the business pages of the newspaper where her father is editor. She is happy to have the position. Despite not having a degree, she has proven herself over the past eleven years. Of course, it's a living, and she loved her job, but one of the best parts is that it keeps her father in her life.

Since
Audrey
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a modern book based on Snow White , complete with 7 roommates and a Prince! Sara White is a reporter at the Dayton Daily Newspaper. Her date runs the paper and his new wife is the typical evil stepmother, threatening Sara and her job! Sarah rights a story about a local mine owner who died and the mine was now for sale. During her research and a conversation with the new owner a Prince she discovers that one company will have monopoly on the rare earth element mines if he’s successfully b ...more
Cinda Inman
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sara White, who is called Snow by her father, is the head reporter for the business section of the Dayton City Newspaper, owned by her father. However, the other employees do not know that she is Ed's daughter. Sara has been assigned the article regarding the sale of the Peak Mine, a REE mine (rare earth elements). The mine is for sale because Matt Ferris, the owner of Peak Mine, has died in a car accident. There are two companies bidding for the mine -- Amir Malick from Sand Hills and Hi Tech M ...more
James Klabunde
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sara "Snow" White is a writer for the Dayton City Newspaper and is writing a story about Hi Tech Minerals a company that is trying to gain a monopoly on rare earth elements mines. Sara discovers that seven different owners of mines had died in accidents. Or where they really accidents ? Amir Malick is owner of Peak Mine who he had won in an auction over Hi Tech. When Sara meets him she discovers that she is interested in more than just a story in the paper she is strongly attracted to him. I did ...more
Suzanne Hare
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What if the roles of Snow White and the prince were reversed? Sara is an investigator reporter who is looking into a series of murders of mine owners. The Prince may be in danger as he just bought the mine. With a potential serial killer on the loose no one is safe. Can she find out who the murderer is before they strike again?

This is a great contemporary updated version of the story of Snow White that empowers women and men. The characters are interesting, creatively developed and personable. T
sherri jones-teachout
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this author's stories. Once again she has written a great book, with main characters that are smart, funny, and not always perfect. They have flaws and problems just like everyone. Sara is keeping a big secret from her dad about her evil stepmother, and it is effecting her career. She loves what she does, but can not advance because of a threat from her stepmother. As a regular business reporter, she stumbles on a serial murderer. The murderer is killing mine owners and then buying them u ...more
Carol
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When 7 out of 7 mine owners die over a short space of time in accidents, things need looking into. And who but a nosy reporter is well placed to do so.

I am not usually into romantic novels, but Amorette Anderson has done a good job on this fairy tale retelling cozy and I surprised myself when I found it very readable and enjoyable. It is sweet without being sickly, with a smart female lead and a interesting storyline. It was well written and fun and clever as well. I like her strong main charact
Deb Quinn
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this as an ARC in exchange for an honest review. This was a great read! Sara (Snow) White is a reporter, who discovers a series of murders. With her friend, Cinda Ella, she sets out to solve these murders. The story also contains elements from the original fairy tale: a loving father, wicked step-mother, a handsome prince, a mine, and of course a little cottage with 7 men. The story is written in a way that can easily become a series. One aspect that was not addressed by the end of th ...more
Debbie Allen
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
From the cover I wasn’t sure I’d like the book but it was free so no harm no foul if I didn’t. However dryly it started out, it soon became a sponge and not only got me reading farther it had me nearly cheering over the last few chapters. Also cringing when she went back for the second knee to the nuts. I may be a woman, but I have regretfully ridden my nephews bike. My 6.6 foot tall nephew. A foot taller than me. I jumped off the seat to wait for traffic to clear. Let’s just say I know how Davi ...more
Sylvie
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a very different kind of book from Amorette. I liked that Sarah is smart and capable, but I'm not sure about the Snow White input. I think this could be a very good and interesting book or series, but there is no real need to add the revisited fairytale story in my point of view. I liked it, no matter what and would read another one if Amorette decides to write more books like this one.

I hope that Amorette will continue to entertain us and take chances on new stories. It's stressing and
Deanna
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, the thought of reading a fairy tale retold was not on my high list of thing I would read. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Here, Snow White is a journalist and she discovers a murdering spree in progress. Thankfully there are not any dwarfs in the book, but there is definitely a prince charming - or at least the hopes of one :).
Read how Snow discovers the murders and if she is able to save not only herself, but her hopes of romance.
I received this as and ARC and am happy to give my
Monica
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a different interesting take on Snow White. Sara White is a reporter who has stumbled on an interesting story. Yes there is an evil stepmother, there is also a prince. The dwarf's are around but we don't actually meet them. This time around Snow a/k/a Sara is saving the Prince. This is a quick read that makes you guess who is the bad guy and why. So have fun reading this retelling of Snow White. If you love cozy mysteries check out this book.

*I received a free copy of this book via the
Jodi Sweet
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun take on the Snow White story, with Sara White getting to save the prince instead of the other way around. I loved it! This is a totally different type of story from Amorette Anderson with a strong and smart heroine, and no witches to be found. There is no second guessing for Sara, she know to follow through with a story (she writes for a newspaper) and to research before printing anything.
I really recommend getting this book and I hope to see many more stories like this from Amoret
Linda Collister
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finding out a Prince is buying an old mine Snow finds a disturbing pattern when researching the background about rare earth mines. Six previous owners all died mysteriously then their mines were bought by the same family. Now Amir is in a bidding war with the same people. Is their a link? She's drawn to Amir and they both start investigating the deaths. Her job at the paper gives her access to some surprising clues. Can she save the Prince? Read this great retale!
Marcie Rostosky
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a little on the serious side, not much, but different than the type that she normally writes but very well written. The characters are well written and the plot is easy to follow. There is a flow to it. There is mystery to it, a little romance, not too much, a touch of drama, I read it in a day and a half. I could hardly put it down. I am hoping for a sequel . I would highly recommend this book.
Chad Barrus
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amorette has a change of pace with this book in that
there are no witches but I enjoyed it just the same. Sara fits the role of a reporter as she “digs” into the
circumstances surrounding a mine owners death and
narrows the suspects down. It’s a great cozy mystery
that her fans will love! It’s a surprisingly fast read as well mainly due to the interest in finding out who did it. I enjoyed it and I’m sure you will too. Do yourself
a favor and start it today!
Christa
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a different take on the fairy tale. Sara is a newspaper reporter and Snow is her father's nickname for her. She stumbles upon a mystery and during the course of writing about a current event the clues pile up until she comes upon seven murders. She persists until the crimes are solved. Of course she meets her prince. Just when he is almost the eighth death she wakes him with a kiss. A little mystery, a little romance, a good story. Love the nuances throughout. A quick, enjoyable read.
Debbiebooknerdyoung
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A totally different type of book for this author, and I loved it!
Sara White, aka Snow to her Dad is working to figure out a puzzle of sorts. 7 mines were sold under the same type of conditions. Only Snow has noticed the suspicious nature of the sales.
There's even a Prince in the book ;)
A fairy tale retold in a unique up to date setting. I can't wait to see which fairy tales get told next.
Well worth the 5 stars, and the read!
Nadine
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Original!

This was a super quick read. I thought it was very original! An exciting, enticing new series! I LOVED this different take on Snow White! This Snow ain’t no lie-down-and-wait sort of person. A totally different cozy mystery than anything I’ve read before! And yes, a dash of romance too. A fairy tale retelling in a very clever way! The story made me happy! And that’s all you can ever ask of a book, IMHO. Recommend!
Kim Loomer
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It is a very well written book about Sara Snow and she is a writer for the Dayton Newspaper. She is an exceptional researcher and writer that has her after the full story about the buy out of an EER Mine. It takes her on a path she wasn't expecting and it held my interest to the very last page. It is very different from Amorette's Hillcrest Witch series but it is a great book.
Wanda Siesicki
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was something different for Amorette Anderson, but she did an excellent job with the story. It was a very good cozy mystery with a touch of romance. In this book Sara (Snow as her father calls her) saved her Prince, Amir, with a kiss instead of the Prince saving Snow with a kiss. I would love reading more books like this from this author.
Judy
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this author! She writes stories that you can relate to and manages to put joy, fun and mystery in every story. This book was excellent and I was captured by the characters and the mystery right away. Different than her other series (no witches) but a really great start on a slightly different road. I hope to read more along these lines.
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Cold Case In Spell (Ice Witch Mysteries #1)
  • Witch Way to Beauty and the Beach (Witch Way #4)
  • Curses and Candy Canes: A Paranormal Mystery Christmas Anthology
  • Relatively Familiar (Accidental Familiar, #2)
  • Magically Poisoned (Paranormal Bed & Breakfast Mysteries)
  • Un-Familiar Magic (Accidental Familiar, #3)
  • Ghost Mortem (Ghost Detective #1)
  • Cupcakes & Curses (Hearts on Fire #1)
  • Spooks for Sale
  • Witch Way Down Under (Witch Way #3)
  • Summer Snoops Unleashed
  • Broomsticks and Bones (Blackwood Bay Witches #4)
  • Poker Chips and Poison (A Silvermoon Retirement Village Cozy Book 1)
  • Home Familiar Home (Accidental Familiar, #4)
  • A Familiar Tail (Accidental Familiar #5)
  • Listen to Your Art (Witch of Wickrock Bay #2)
  • A Murder in Hope's Crossing: Witch's Kitchen Book 1
  • Give up the Ghost (Ghost Detective #2)

Fairy Tale Retelling (3 books)
  • Cinderella and the Cyanide (Fairy Tale Retelling #2)
  • Beauty and the Blackmailer (Fairy Tale Retelling #3)