Start by marking “Behind the Glass” as Want to Read:
Behind the Glass

Behind the Glass

Rebecca Jordan’s life is simple, disciplined, and uncomplicated, at least on the surface. Then she meets a handsome stranger/secret admirer named Michael Vale one fateful late night at a bookstore café. As a focused but struggling photographer with a passion for art, her outwardly happy world is turned upside down during this life-changing encounter when she quickly realiz ...more
Published May 24th 2019 by Kristen Morgen (first published June 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Behind the Glass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Behind the Glass

Start your review of Behind the Glass
Anna’s Readings
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kristen has a very special writing style! This book is third person but I thought it was written in a more artistic way and beautiful sentences than most books. It is a contemporary, slow burn romance but it also nailed a lot of issues for me. As someone that loves art I can relate in how hard it is to find someone that appreciates it the same way. It also helped me understand a bit more with being cheated and the guilt that comes from it.

“How could she open herself without getting hurt?” The q
Kristen Granata
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I. Love. Michael! I related a lot to Rebecca because of her introspective personality & battling with herself. There were lots of descriptive details throughout. It’s a realistic story about how timing isn’t always on your side when you meet the person for you ... but life takes you on a path you never saw coming & everything works out in the end. Emotional & engaging read!
Trisha A.
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Story

Kristen Morgan did a wonderful job penning this beautiful love story. The struggles of two people caught up in their emotions and the complications they encounter. A true angsty love of two soulmates.
Tammy Sutcliffe
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love characters with morals and integrity!!! This author has romance and isn’t afraid to use it. A feel good read that moves smoothly and takes you there!!
Lexi Miles

Reviewer: Lexi Miles
Posting: MF, HEA, Contemporary Romance, Stand Alone, Head-Hopping
Released: June 2014
Review Date: Oct-30-2019

The forbidden romance everyone needs to have in their lives!–Lexi Miles, Romance Author/Reviewer

Summary:
BEHIND THE GLASS starts with Rebecca going through the motions of life both in love and romance. She knows what love is supposed to be, wi
Cori Beasley
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Many thanks goes to the author for sending me a copy of her book to read and review!
First and foremost, I liked that it was a quick read. It fit nicely in between the more drawn out and heavy novels I’ve been reading lately. First thing I noticed was the sweet dedication at the beginning. Sweet and wholesome message to her daughters. ❤

“It was quiet at this late hour, other than the faint echo of a distant conversation and the soft music playing over the sound system…The invitin
Amelia Foster
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this is such a decadent read. Straight off the bat I was completely consumed into Rebecca's world. Ms. Morgen is a master of creating rich descriptions and fabulous world building that puts you smack in the middle of everything. It's the first time in a while that I was walking in the land of the characters in the first five pages.

Not only were the descriptions lush and beautiful, but so were the emotions. I felt every tug and pull as Rebecca and Michael walked their path to le
The Reading Realtor Michelle Diomede
Behind The Glass by Kristen Morgen

I am voluntarily reviewing this ARC.

This story begins as Rebecca visits a coffee house she loves. On her way to her favorite chair, she spots a painting that calls to her. Next thing she knows there is a very appealing man talking to her, admitting to having seen her before. This first scene was full of emotion, and a beautiful fated meeting. The intriguing stranger is Michael, and as drawn as they are to eachother, she is in a relationsh
Waverly Alexander
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Behind the Glass is a perfect mixture of a soulmate love story and a slow burn. I really like this twist to the soulmate storyline because often it's an all or nothing, dive in head first kind of romance. While there's plenty of whirlwind moments, longing, and unbelievable chemistry, I loved that we got to know both characters so well and there wasn't instant gratification. A main focus of this book are the choices people make and how it can change their relationships. Real, raw relationships do ...more
Jillian Yetter
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was just perfect. It is sweet and honest and just a beautiful love story. I kept catching myself grinning from ear-to-ear unknowingly the whole time I was reading it, and having to stop to catch my breath. Honestly, this was a new experience for me as I am rarely drawn to romance, but "Behind the Glass" was an absolutely beautiful introduction into the genre. Everything about this love story was so meticulously done with tropes nodding to the genre but a purity of love and connection t ...more
R.J. Rome
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Generally I prefer to read romance with darker elements and more angst between the characters but Ms. Morgen's writing is done well, creating scenes you can imagine in your mind and the whole time I was reading I felt like I was there with the characters. Rebecca and Michael were immediately attracted to each other despite the timing being off. Michael is a gentleman, attentive to Rebecca's needs and wants and Rebecca is the girl next door. I would've liked a little more dimension and banter fro ...more
Ursula Visser
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
3,5 stars

This is a warm love story, which starts with Rebecca.
Right from the start, it is clear that she is a hard-working woman and there is more to her than a beautiful face.
When she meets Michael, there is an instant attraction. Hard to resist, but she does.

I liked this story because of it's moral on both sides of the MC's. Finding a way to be together isn't easy, because Rebecca would never betray Brett, her boyfriend. Even though the end is predictable, getting there was
Rebecca Henry
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
These two characters were amazing to read about. The author did an excellent job in the plot as you found yourself turning the pages faster an faster. The past with these two is fun to read about and actually relaxing; no hopping in and out of bed with someone.
Babs
Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance & More
Full Review @ Coffee Time Romance & More>Full Review @ Coffee Time Romance &
QueenOfBooks88
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow this was a magical journey of two people's unrelenting love for each other and the belief love at first sight really can exist. It was beautifully written and was intriguing how instead of rushing in, the story unfolded with details about Rebecca that a reader could really relate themselves to and through that brought Michael and Rebecca Together *Swoon*
Cannot wait to see what other amazing work this author does 😊
Nighat Jahangeer
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A romntic book full of emotions and feelings. It is beautiful description of love and friendship. The writer skillfully describe the characters and scenes. This book paints the story in readers head. Readers can easily feel themself in the minds of characters. An intresting book which keeps you far from the world and which shows the importance of love and friendship in relationships.Highly recommended to those who want to read a romantic book.
Mary Ann Tippett
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a very sweet soulmate love story. Michael's moral compass was almost too good to be true. Rebecca's grappling with her feelings seemed to take an exceptionally long time to resolve, especially given the multiple opportunities she had to witness Michael's love for her and willingness to wait. The writing is well done and the scenery well described. If you're looking for a gratifying, sweet romance, you can't go wrong with this one.
Dr. Leanna Floyd
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Behind the Glass is a romance novel that will keep you captivated from start to finish! Kristen Morgen has an exceptional way of taking you with her into her story filled with scenic descriptions and picture perfect scenes that make you feel as though you’re a part of the adventure. This novel is full of unexpected surprises as you are taken on a journey and pulled into two lovers’ worlds as they fight against all odds to be together. This book is a must read for those individuals looking to get ...more
Elane Finn
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful! Author Kristen Morgen's fiction reads like poetry. The rhythm of Behind the Glass is paced perfectly to keep your interest in the story-line while still letting your senses be swooned into the scene. I felt a true connection to the characters and wish I could sit with Rebecca over tea discussing life and art. If you are looking for an afternoon escape from reality, read this one.
Tiffany
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Behind the glass was a beautifully told story full of deep emotion and two main characters you can’t help but root for every step of the way. It was a fairly quick read but it is well developed and thoroughly enjoyable love story.

Mary
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book. Captured the realities of people in this situation. I have been there so I relate to this authors storytelling. Won from goodreads.
Isabell
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted on Dreaming With Open Eyes

Rating = 4.5

While I was reading the blurb I felt this book could be a true gem and it was. It was by far one of the most romantic books I've read this year.

Now let me tell you what the story is about. Firstly I want to introduce Rebecca Jordan, the heroin in Behind the Glass. She is a very focused and disciplined person with having two jobs on the hand. By day she works as a staff photographer and by night she workes as a w
Becky Kapjon
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story was not what I had expected in the beginning. I could not put my the book down. I felt a need to know what was going to happen to the main characters Michael and Rebecca. I felt like I was an observer walking through the story with both of them. I liked being able to see how their relation progressed from their first meeting to the end . This isn't your typical boy meets girl which is what keeps you reading until the end. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a true love story.
Rubi
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Behind the Glass was a different read for me. Kristen Morgen writes amazingly. The detail in this story makes you feel like youre in the story yourself. Rebeccas feelings feel like your own. I loved it.

It is a tad slow going, in a good way. It works here. Rebecca is not ready to move on. She has a lot of luggage that needs to be worked on before anything can happen with Michael.

Get ready to get put through the ringer with the emotions youll feel and it will all be tied up in a bow with that en
Taylor Bivens
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book

A truly beautiful book with deep and beautiful characters. Michael was such a sweet and swoon worthy love interest! This romantic tale will definitely pull on your heartstrings in the worst and best ways, and the end left me feeling giddy and satisfied!
Celia Martin
Being a lover of history, I more often read historical romance novels than modern day romances, but I found Behind the Glass by Kristen Morgen delightful. She not only writes an intriguing romance, but she has a good knowledge of various subject matters from restaurant intricacies to photography. That adds to the realism of the story. I liked the supportive characters, and I liked the felling of people caring for each other. But mostly, I enjoyed how the heroine, Rebecca, manages to overcome pre ...more
Miss.booknoxious
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
'Behind the glass' was intense to say the least. I couldn't just feel Rebecca and Michael's emotions, I was 'them'. The thing about 'Behind the glass' is that it's something that can occur in actual life. Nothing about it seems like a work of fiction and I love that. The kind of love depicted in this is one we can only imagine, you know, the true kind of 'I'll be happy if you're happy'. All in all, a beautiful book and a must-read for all the romance lovers out there!
Elizabeth
I received a free copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.

Michael and Rebecca meet by chance one night, and there is no denying that there is an instant connection. But, Rebecca is with someone, who just happens to be a mutual friend of Michael’s. Though they both have strong feelings for each other, they back off their feelings to honor Rebecca’s commitment to her boyfriend, until he is found cheating on her. Then she has to decide whether to risk her heart again with Mic
Lavender
May 23, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, giveaways, kindle
Placeholder

I won this book via Goodreads Giveaways.
R Huiszoon
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kristen Morgen, ‘Behind the Glass’.

As a Hidden Gem ARC reader I received this book for free. And promised an honest review. Here it is.

For me English is a foreign language. Sorry for errors.

Rating: 4 stars (of 5).

In general: Heroin hesitating between two lovers.

Main characters:
- Rebecca Jordan.
She has two jobs. Photographer for a paper at day and at night waitress at the restaurant of her friend Leo’s parents. She has a boyfrien

• Vigilante (The Vigilante Series)
  • Not Broken
  • Crown of Sunlight
  • WHISKEY BUSINESS
  • The Lady Raven: A Dark Cinderella Tale
  • The Gillespie County Fair
  • Saddler's Secret
  • The Company of Demons
  • Boot Knockin Boogie
  • Abundance (Abundance #1)
  • Grit (7th and Main, #3)
  • Dare to Love Two (Bell Buckle #1)
  • The Other Tide
  • Over the Borderline
  • Part Of Me (Part Of Me, #1)
  • From the Moment We Met: A Modern Day Romance (A Series of Moments Book 1)
  • Murder at Hassle High
  • Moonlight & Whiskey
Kristen Morgen is a contemporary romance author and a licensed architect with her own architectural firm. A creative spirit, she can’t remember a time in her life when she didn’t crave designing, creating, discovering, and using her imagination in some way.

Her romance writing interests may seem rather different from her daily career, where she focuses on designing homes, but all good a
“She didn’t argue or resist or even speak. She simply followed him, not knowing where he was taking her. The manner in which he led her was focused, and his grip on her hand was protectively firm.
In her bemused state as they continued down the long hallway, it finally occurred to her that he was rescuing her.”
0 likes