Start by marking “The Eternal Night (City of Wishes #4)” as Want to Read:
The Eternal Night (City of Wishes #4)

The Eternal Night

(City of Wishes #4)

Finding herself with some unlikely allies, Elle prepares to face the man calling himself the vampire king in an enchanted land of never-ending darkness.

~ ~ ~

CITY OF WISHES is an urban fantasy serialized retelling of Cinderella.

~ ~ ~

In a world of fae, vampires and shifters, where wishes can be bought and bargained for, Elle is human, bound to her stepmother by a slave charm
Published June 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Eternal Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eternal Night

Start your review of The Eternal Night (City of Wishes #4)
Maria Elena | _mkarys
Another exciting episode of City of Wishes! I especially loved the ending of this one and I am very excited to see what happens next. The Godmother is one fun villain (or is she? *dramatic music* Definitely a gray character) to read about and without a doubt one of the most complex characters in the story. I am also looking forward to finding out more about Elle’s past, her mother, and how it somehow ties with a certain nanny… I am loving this series so much!
Nisareen
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No sooner has the clock struck midnight following the Moonlight Masquerade ball, Elle feels the pull of the Godmother’s magic summoning her back to her attic. Luckily Elle is intercepted by Azriel who abducts her and takes her to his family home, the Bella Eternal Nights, a secret vampire safe haven in Verance. Initially he intends to hand her over to Vincenzo Savoy, the head of the Allegiant. Fortunately he comes to his senses in time and contacts Dex.

Reunited with Dex, Elle comes clean about
Maria✨
The 4th sequel follows Elle into the Eternal Night, where Azriel's home is and we get more exposition regarding Azriel himself, Elle and her past and, of course, some Godmother action.

Somehow all characters are still likable, even some that we barely see, though I think some extra effort has been given to "modernize" them in the sense that some talk like flaky teenagers. However, it does not take from the story at hand which is the dealings between Elle and the Godmother.

Godmother consistently i
Diane Lynch
Shelves: ebook
Rachel Morgan’s THE ETERNAL NIGHT is an amazing addition to the City of Wishes series. This story keeps getting better and better. City of Wishes is a paranormal retelling of the Cinderella fairy tale.

The book starts off right after Elle was captured by Azriel in book three. What happens after that is a series of unexpected surprises. Dex searches for Elle. We discover more about him. The Godmother is still in the picture. Her trustworthiness is questionable. One exciting thing happens after ano
J.M.
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving this series !
Perfect for light reading a mini supernatural fairy tale series
💕💕💕💕💕
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Catarina | cat literary world
Loved it, loved it, loved it!

This has been, probably, one of the best discovers of the year. I'm not a fantasy kind of reader. Except for Harry Potter (and Hunger Games), I hardly read fantasy. So, perhaps, there is a lot of books better out there. However, I am in love with this series, and for being such a pleasant read, I decide to give it 5* (it doesn't need to be a best seller or a classical to have such high classification. For me, it's enough to feel it was a pleasant read where I felt th
Tiffany  (Bluestocking)
Jan 21, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Oookkkaaaayyyyyy, so this one had a few twists that I didn’t see coming 👀 This is my favorite episode so far. There are a lot of developments with Elle & Dex and the plot thickens even further. I just wished we got to learn more about some of the other characters. We get a little background from Azriel but that’s it. The other characters are just conveniently present or absent to carry the plot along. That aside, I like how things are shaping up.

Content: Clean, kissing
Sabrina
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book 4 felt a bit more substantial, you're able to really get into the story, though it's still not enough. This instalment is full of revelations while still being tantalisingly full of even more questions.
Elle and Dex are so adorably awkward and goofy around each other. Kind of surprising for a prince who has every girl madly in love with him, but also understandable since he has been so cut off in some ways.
As usual, can't wait for the next part of the story.
Nathalie*
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
SHUT UP THERES A BOOK 5???? Nooooooooooo lol it’s not out and I need to finish it
Carol
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019

This one was my favorite so far! So many revelations! THE TWISTS!
Lizzie Rhoades
Jan 13, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Not much happened in this one. It was a bit boring after everything else that has been happening in the others. However, the duplicity of the Godmother was very fun and evil!
Kinna
Jan 17, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: electronic
I’m flying through the instalments. The twists and turns keep coming....
Arin Barry
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so freaking ready for this installment, I NEED to know what happens next!
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Eternal Night is the fourth episode in Rachel Morgan's City of Wishes series. City Of Wishes is a Cinderella retelling. I love fairytale retellings and this one isn't a disappointment. I loved it and it's very well written. I love Elle, Dex and Sienna. Can't wait to continue this series! ...more
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Coral Chanel (Reading Starlight)
*Spoiler freeish review*

We had madness and awesomeness in book 3, in book 4 we have some major progression of the plot which makes us forget we're reading a Cinderella retelling because these books have a life of their own now.
We start with the Godmother sitting wondering where the heck Elle has disappeared to, a question we've been worrying ourselves with since the end of books 3 (Goddamn you Azriel if you touch one hair on her perfect lil head so help me). We see a favourite recurring charact
Blaire Hammond
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Eternal Night by Rachel Morgan Spoiler Free Review.

*I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for a free and honest review.*

I'm sure these covers have become familiar to you all now. This is the fourth installment in the City of Wishes story, and wow oh wow was it a good one. Well, let's be real, they're all good one's. I'm just a big fan of Rachel Morgan in general! But this part was extra good! I'm not sure what it was, but i started reading it straight away and just COULDN'T put it down!
Jan farnworth
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These covers are so amazing, this is the fourth installment in the City of Wishes story by Rachel Morgan. In a world of vampires, fae, and humans who are enslaved, you never know just how dangerous your wishes can be. These are all meant to be short and quick reads giving you just enough to draw you in and then oh wait you have to wait for the next part. In this part Elle has been kidnapped and is now trapped in the enchanted land of never-ending darkness with her only way out is to make a barga ...more
Kim
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, fantasy, retellings
City of Wishes 4: The Eternal Night
By Rachel Morgan

If you have not read the first 3 parts of this series, STOP. Read those 3 parts first and then come back and read this 4th part. There will be 6 parts total, so expect cliffhangers until the end. Elle’s experience at the ball was not what she was expecting, and she failed to fulfill her mission for the Godmother. Now, she’s in hiding from her stepmother and the Godmother with the most unlikely characters. She and Dex must somehow figure out the
Caroline
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To start with I’d just like to warn fellow readers that this is the fourth part in a serialized story, so you should have read Parts 1, 2, and 3 first, and this part ends in a cliffhanger. Okay, with that out of the way, let’s get on with the review.
The fourth installment of City of Wishes, The Eternal Night, takes part mostly in a so-called Eternal Night, a secret vampire safe heaven in which Elle has found sanctuary from her evil stepmother, as well as from the Godmother.
In this part of the st
Kaye
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ONE INCREDIBLE DELIGHT!!!
Leaping lizards! Rachel rocks this baby from the start. One tumultuous wild ride with a surplus of  unexpected misfortune and surprising incidents that blasts all of your emotions bursting into play perfectly. One delectable storyline and compelling plot jolting this baby together fabulously. All the drama, angst, danger and suspense make for one incredible experience. Twists and turns, ups and downs, along with a few bumps and bruises bring this baby together smoothly.
Stephanie -BooksLessTravelled
I might have enjoyed this one most of all, and loved all the twists and surprises! I was excited to read an advance copy, and I tried to draw it out, but I'm pretty sure I still read this is record time for me! I guess a few before, but I loved seeing Elle as she uncovered and tries to deal with her new reality. Not only is she missing, there's also a lot more going on for those around her as well. I really enjoyed seeing more of a few of the more mysterious characters, and really enjoyed seeing ...more
Lori
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aubrey
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
City of Wishes: The Eternal Night proves to be just as hard to put down as the rest of the series. Our beloved Elle and Dex have several of their questions answered and some sweet moments together. Some of my favorite characters make an appearance, I’m looking at you Cress and Sienna. We also see more of the Godmother and the vampires. And in true Rachel Morgan fashion there are twists and turns you don’t see coming. The end comes before you’re ready for it, leaving you longing for more! I am an ...more
CrazyCat (Alex)
The whole time reading there was this dark cloud hanging over me and a voice in my head saying: Don’t get your hopes up. This is not going to end well. Did you learn nothing from the previous books? And the voice was right.... There is so much going on and, though it seems to be in favor to Elle and Dex, nothing goes the way it’s supposed to be. Or, maybe I should say, as I want it to go. You know the wish Meredith cast on Prince Chevalier? Yeah, there might be a problem with that. And to know w ...more
Ann
Shelves: arc, freda
This episode provides us with a lot of background information we have been waiting for. There is more about Elle's past and her mother, although not enough, and we also discover Dex's secret about the Darkness. I like that they are honest with each other and there is no story created out of misunderstandings or half-truths.
But oh, how I begin to hate the Godmother! And little Pixie Tash? I thought she is cute but working for my least favourite character? Tstst...
I had a screaming-out-loud momen
Playground of Randomness
How do I even review this without spoiling anything? Let's see.
Elle wakes up kidnapped by Azriel, the vampire who has some sort of knowledge about her past and her dead mother. Meanwhile both the prince and the fairy godmother are looking for Elle.
I tried to mentally prepare myself for this read but 1) it was a useless attempt and 2) I was still left stunned at the end of this book (Damn you, Rachel Morgan and

*********SPOILER ALERT************ Damn you Fairy Godmother
***** *End spoiler*********
Bonnijean Marley
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Start at the very beginning, but keep going till you get to Episode 4.
When you get finished, you'll be wanting to read more.

Rachel Morgan delivers another exciting episode in the City of Wishes series. The Eternal Night gives some of the backstory that I've been wanting to discover along with the action, adventure, and romance that I've come to expect.

I can hardly wait for Episode 5.
No problems keeping the excitement alive.

I received an ARC which enabled me to write this review.
Doit
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This episode had several interesting twists!
- Dex meets Ellen's stepmother and is disgusted that it's a family member that has Elle bound to slavery.
- Vampires have feelings just like everyone else
- The Godmother finds Elle!
- Dex and Elle both learn things about their childhood that neither of them remember.

This episode is a good bridge between the previous one, which was the climax of the story, and the next one which will wrap things up. Can't wait to read the finale!

Note: I received an ARC
Staci
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have received an ARC from the author in exchange for my honest opinion.

Oh my goodness how the character roles have changed!! We discovered so much within this episode about Elle's past, including her mother. I don't want to spoil anything in this review. I'll just say that Dex and Elle do finally get to talk about them. On top of that, they believe they found a way to set Elle free of the slave charm.

Morgan has been keeping us on our toes with every episode that comes out. I cannot wait for th
« previous 1 3 next »

• Chosen by Grace (Divine Fate, #1)
  • Ravenite (Vengeance and Vampires, #1)
  • Anchored
  • The Fire Prophecy (Hidden Legends: Academy of Magical Creatures, #1)
  • Fire in Frost (Crystal Frost, #1)
  • Touched by Grace (Divine Fate, #2)
  • Defiant (Tales of Cinder, #1)
  • Disdain (Tales of Cinder #2)
  • Fae's Prisoner (Crimes of the Fae, #1)
  • The Girl in the Garden (Awash with Summer Roses, #1)
  • Fae's Deception (Queens of the Fae, #1)
  • Fae's Defiance (Queens of the Fae, #2)
  • Isle of Bones (We Witches Three #1)
  • Fae's Destruction (Queens of the Fae, #3)
  • Girl at Heart
  • Witches of New Orleans
  • The Forbidden Ground (Death Before Dragons, #4.5)
  • The Trouble With Magic (The Elemental Witch, #1)
See top shelves…
Rachel Morgan spent a good deal of her childhood living in a fantasy land of her own making, crafting endless stories of make-believe and occasionally writing some of them down. After completing a degree in genetics and discovering she still wasn’t grown-up enough for a ‘real’ job, she decided to return to those story worlds still spinning around her imagination.

These days she spends much of her t

City of Wishes (6 books)
  • The Memory Thief (City of Wishes #1)
  • The Vampire Trap (City of Wishes #2)
  • The Moonlight Masquerade (City of Wishes #3)
  • The Starlight Quest (City of Wishes #5)
  • The Everafter Wish (City of Wishes #6)