Start by marking “The Eternal Night (City of Wishes #4)” as Want to Read:
The Eternal Night (City of Wishes #4)

The Eternal Night

(City of Wishes #4)

Finding herself with some unlikely allies, Elle prepares to face the man calling himself the vampire king in an enchanted land of never-ending darkness.

~ ~ ~

CITY OF WISHES is an urban fantasy serialized retelling of Cinderella.

~ ~ ~

In a world of fae, vampires and shifters, where wishes can be bought and bargained for, Elle is human, bound to her stepmother by a slave charm
Published June 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Eternal Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eternal Night

Maria Elena
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another exciting episode of City of Wishes! I especially loved the ending of this one and I am very excited to see what happens next. The Godmother is one fun villain (or is she? *dramatic music* Definitely a gray character) to read about and without a doubt one of the most complex characters in the story. I am also looking forward to finding out more about Elle’s past, her mother, and how it somehow ties with a certain nanny… I am loving this series so much!
Diane Lynch
Shelves: ebook
Rachel Morgan’s THE ETERNAL NIGHT is an amazing addition to the City of Wishes series. This story keeps getting better and better. City of Wishes is a paranormal retelling of the Cinderella fairy tale.

The book starts off right after Elle was captured by Azriel in book three. What happens after that is a series of unexpected surprises. Dex searches for Elle. We discover more about him. The Godmother is still in the picture. Her trustworthiness is questionable. One exciting thing happens after ano
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Eternal Night is the fourth episode in Rachel Morgan's City of Wishes series. City Of Wishes is a Cinderella retelling. I love fairytale retellings and this one isn't a disappointment. I loved it and it's very well written. I love Elle, Dex and Sienna. Can't wait to continue this series!
Caitlin
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This serial continues to shine! I can't wait to find out what happens next!
J.M.
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving this series !
Perfect for light reading a mini supernatural fairy tale series
💕💕💕💕💕
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Sabrina
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book 4 felt a bit more substantial, you're able to really get into the story, though it's still not enough. This instalment is full of revelations while still being tantalisingly full of even more questions.
Elle and Dex are so adorably awkward and goofy around each other. Kind of surprising for a prince who has every girl madly in love with him, but also understandable since he has been so cut off in some ways.
As usual, can't wait for the next part of the story.
Nathalie*
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
SHUT UP THERES A BOOK 5???? Nooooooooooo lol it’s not out and I need to finish it
Arin Barry
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so freaking ready for this installment, I NEED to know what happens next!
Coral Hammond
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Spoiler freeish review*

We had madness and awesomeness in book 3, in book 4 we have some major progression of the plot which makes us forget we're reading a Cinderella retelling because these books have a life of their own now.
We start with the Godmother sitting wondering where the heck Elle has disappeared to, a question we've been worrying ourselves with since the end of books 3 (Goddamn you Azriel if you touch one hair on her perfect lil head so help me). We see a favourite recurring charact
Blaire Hammond
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Eternal Night by Rachel Morgan Spoiler Free Review.

*I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for a free and honest review.*

I'm sure these covers have become familiar to you all now. This is the fourth installment in the City of Wishes story, and wow oh wow was it a good one. Well, let's be real, they're all good one's. I'm just a big fan of Rachel Morgan in general! But this part was extra good! I'm not sure what it was, but i started reading it straight away and just COULDN'T put it down!
Jan farnworth
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These covers are so amazing, this is the fourth installment in the City of Wishes story by Rachel Morgan. In a world of vampires, fae, and humans who are enslaved, you never know just how dangerous your wishes can be. These are all meant to be short and quick reads giving you just enough to draw you in and then oh wait you have to wait for the next part. In this part Elle has been kidnapped and is now trapped in the enchanted land of never-ending darkness with her only way out is to make a barga ...more
Kim
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, retellings, fantasy
City of Wishes 4: The Eternal Night
By Rachel Morgan

If you have not read the first 3 parts of this series, STOP. Read those 3 parts first and then come back and read this 4th part. There will be 6 parts total, so expect cliffhangers until the end. Elle’s experience at the ball was not what she was expecting, and she failed to fulfill her mission for the Godmother. Now, she’s in hiding from her stepmother and the Godmother with the most unlikely characters. She and Dex must somehow figure out the
Stephanie - Adventures Thru Wonderland
I might have enjoyed this one most of all, and loved all the twists and surprises! I was excited to read an advance copy, and I tried to draw it out, but I'm pretty sure I still read this is record time for me! I guess a few before, but I loved seeing Elle as she uncovered and tries to deal with her new reality. Not only is she missing, there's also a lot more going on for those around her as well. I really enjoyed seeing more of a few of the more mysterious characters, and really enjoyed seeing ...more
Ann O'Nymos
Shelves: arc, freda
This episode provides us with a lot of background information we have been waiting for. There is more about Elle's past and her mother, although not enough, and we also discover Dex's secret about the Darkness. I like that they are honest with each other and there is no story created out of misunderstandings or half-truths.
But oh, how I begin to hate the Godmother! And little Pixie Tash? I thought she is cute but working for my least favourite character? Tstst...
I had a screaming-out-loud momen
CrazyCat (Alex)
The whole time reading there was this dark cloud hanging over me and a voice in my head saying: Don’t get your hopes up. This is not going to end well. Did you learn nothing from the previous books? And the voice was right.... There is so much going on and, though it seems to be in favor to Elle and Dex, nothing goes the way it’s supposed to be. Or, maybe I should say, as I want it to go. You know the wish Meredith cast on Prince Chevalier? Yeah, there might be a problem with that. And to know w ...more
Aubrey
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
City of Wishes: The Eternal Night proves to be just as hard to put down as the rest of the series. Our beloved Elle and Dex have several of their questions answered and some sweet moments together. Some of my favorite characters make an appearance, I’m looking at you Cress and Sienna. We also see more of the Godmother and the vampires. And in true Rachel Morgan fashion there are twists and turns you don’t see coming. The end comes before you’re ready for it, leaving you longing for more! I am an ...more
Shanice Singh
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How do I even review this without spoiling anything? Let's see.
Elle wakes up kidnapped by Azriel, the vampire who has some sort of knowledge about her past and her dead mother. Meanwhile both the prince and the fairy godmother are looking for Elle.
I tried to mentally prepare myself for this read but 1) it was a useless attempt and 2) I was still left stunned at the end of this book (Damn you, Rachel Morgan and

*********SPOILER ALERT************ Damn you Fairy Godmother
***** *End spoiler*********
Bonnijean Marley
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Start at the very beginning, but keep going till you get to Episode 4.
When you get finished, you'll be wanting to read more.

Rachel Morgan delivers another exciting episode in the City of Wishes series. The Eternal Night gives some of the backstory that I've been wanting to discover along with the action, adventure, and romance that I've come to expect.

I can hardly wait for Episode 5.
No problems keeping the excitement alive.

I received an ARC which enabled me to write this review.
Adria
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This episode had several interesting twists!
- Dex meets Ellen's stepmother and is disgusted that it's a family member that has Elle bound to slavery.
- Vampires have feelings just like everyone else
- The Godmother finds Elle!
- Dex and Elle both learn things about their childhood that neither of them remember.

This episode is a good bridge between the previous one, which was the climax of the story, and the next one which will wrap things up. Can't wait to read the finale!

Note: I received an ARC
Charlotte
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absalutely brilliant. Again Rachel has provided us with an exquisite read.

I have loved each book and can't wait for the 5th.

Rachel Morgan's take on Cinderella is an absolute masterpiece and I thoroughly recommend to anyone and everyone.
The books are short yes. However I really do enjoy this episode thing rather than a whole book. It some how keeps your interest piked. Nothing wtong with short books and cliff hangers. It gives you something to look forwards too.

5 stars as predicted and busting f
Staci
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have received an ARC from the author in exchange for my honest opinion.

Oh my goodness how the character roles have changed!! We discovered so much within this episode about Elle's past, including her mother. I don't want to spoil anything in this review. I'll just say that Dex and Elle do finally get to talk about them. On top of that, they believe they found a way to set Elle free of the slave charm.

Morgan has been keeping us on our toes with every episode that comes out. I cannot wait for th
Christy Hancock
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't wait to get my hand on this installment of City of Wishes, now I can't wait for the next. This storyline continues to get more interesting as it goes and keeps me hanging on the author's every word. I love Elle and Dex and his witty loyal sidekicks. I have to say even the Godmothers character is growing on me. I hope she ends up with a heart in the end but only time will tell. Impatiently waiting until next time......
Siobhan
Shelves: read-review, 2019, ebooks
This one felt like the pace was much faster than the previous 3 other books, but just as enjoyable. I do love how quick these books are to read and you can read it in one evening happily.

I have to admit that the ending of this one - I had to take a break after the second last chapter and now I'll probably have to take a break after that cliffhanger ending. I don't know how Rachel could just end things like that. My life isn't complete until I know more!
Reader's  Show
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another page turning book!!!
What i love the most about this book.. Is its honesty... There are no lies.. Or half-truths just to create a storyline...
Every twist and turn... Surprising reveals.. It all connects to something which makes you want to read all the more...
Loved the involvement of side characters.. I wish we get novella on them too
This series is definitely one of my favorite so far retelling.. Eagerly waiting for the next!
Jennifer Dunski
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh My Vampire Tears! What a read! Just when I thought things were turning around...Bam! Rachel Morgan takes you for another loopy loop.
This series is so incredible, so sweet, so fun!
I love Elle's character depth and her character development. Dex is definitely not what I was expecting and I love sweet Sienna! I can't wait for the next book!
Christina Balaz
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved getting to know more and more of these characters especially the Godmother and Azriel, and finding out more about Elle’s past (what a surprise those things were!). I love the growing connection and relationship between Elle and Dex and I can’t wait to know more especially after that ending, I’m dying to know what the Godmother has in store next. A very good continuation in this series
Ellen
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.*

Still loving this story. The characters keep growing and changing and there's twists and turns hidden around every corner.
Can't wait for the next part and kind of dreading the end coming closer.
Mercedes
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good fairy tale retelling .
Ella and Dex finally learning what the vampires want with Ella,
Which leads to some unexpected situations with the Godmother.
Great intrigue twist keeps you wanting more.
Impatiented for the next part.
Awesome story.
Voluntarily reviewed.
Betina Clark
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another suspenseful episode that answers some of Edens questions but leads us to so many more. Dax and Edens connection is getting stronger and the Godmother brings more surprises. I can’t wait for what happens next.

I was given an ARC of this book and am giving an honest review.
Wendi Wilson
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This serial is so good! Every episode gets better and better, raising the stakes and making me more and more invested. The secrets revealed in episode 4?!?! Mind-boggling! Love it and can't wait for the next!
Rachel Morgan spent a good deal of her childhood living in a fantasy land of her own making, crafting endless stories of make-believe and occasionally writing some of them down. After completing a degree in genetics and discovering she still wasn’t grown-up enough for a ‘real’ job, she decided to return to those story worlds still spinning around her imagination. These days she spends much of her ...more

City of Wishes (5 books)
  • The Memory Thief (City of Wishes #1)
  • The Vampire Trap (City of Wishes #2)
  • The Moonlight Masquerade (City of Wishes #3)
  • The Starlight Quest (City of Wishes #5)