Start by marking “Fighting For You (The Connor Family, #5)” as Want to Read:
Fighting For You (The Connor Family, #5)

Fighting For You

(The Connor Family #5)

Sexiest soccer player. Top-scoring athlete. America's favorite party boy.

Jace Connor has received many titles in his career, and enjoyed them all. Although, he’s working on changing the last one. There’s more to Jace than the media portrays—a man who loves his tight-knit family, being his nieces’ and nephews’ favorite uncle.

The reformed party-boy is now steering clear of
Published June 18th 2019

Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Jace is the sweet, charming playboy of the Connor family. Lately, though, he's been a little envious of the love many of his siblings have found with their partners. So when he meets the newest employee of his pro soccer team, he's ripe for love. Now, if he could only get past Brooke's insistence that they just be friends...

I LOVE Fighting for You! One word - Jace. He's so sweet and charming, and down to earth, and persistent. I don't know how Brooke resisted him for so long, because he's one s
Babel
This is the kind of romance that happens at a natural pace. No hate or offensive banter like in enemies-to-lovers stories. This is the way you'd choose to fall in love. Inevitably and pleasurably ;-)

The author manages to add a fresh spin to Brooke and Jace's relationship, as this is part of an ongoing series about different couples, while maintaining the lovely traits of humour, warmth and flirty hotness.

I admit to reading this in one sitting. And I loved every page, every sinful smile from Jace
* A review copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review *

~ 5 Hot Stuff Stars ~

Layla Hagen has done it again. She gave another excellent addition to the Connor Family Series. I do have to say this book is kind of bittersweet for me, because I know there is only 1 more sibling and then this series will come to an end. I hate to say good-bye to the Connors and even the Bennetts.

Layla’s family sagas always leaving me with a huge smile on my face. Her books are the perfection mixt
Lynn
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5* Sexy Soccer Stars

The story of Jace, the “playboy” pro soccer player and Brooke, the newly appointed Sponsorship Business Development Manager for the LA Lords was heartfelt and real. The attraction between the two of them was instant but Brooke was reluctant to take it to the next level because she did not want to mix business with pleasure as she had done with her past relationship that ended badly as well as her job.
However keeping it strictly business was proving to be a challenge for bot
F.S. Faqir
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Connor to love and boy was he fun to fall in love with!

Jace Connor is a soccer player hitting the high stats he can and doing all he can to help out his family with donating money to their foundations and just being a sweet, charming guy he is.

So when Brooke the new employer to help find sponsorships for the team shows up his heart falls a little hard for her. He tries to use his charms and smiles to win her over but with Brooke having moved away from a difficult situation she's not rea
Kari Hansen
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jace appears to have it all MVP, sexy soccer superstar, great teammate, loving uncle/siblings but the one thing he would like is to find the one woman who completes his world. He never expected that she would not only be the coach’s daughter but that they would be co-workers as well.

Brooke has recently joined the team and she is determined to prove to her father and the team that she is qualified for the job and that she isn’t there because she is daddy’s girl. She is very attracted to Jace, but
Vânia Nunes
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, dear. I didn't know this series. Now I have 4 previous books to read

But you don't have to read the previous books to understand this story.
The Connor family (6 brothers) find happiness and love in the most unusual way.
Here, we have the story of Jace, the youngest, a soccer player who besides being talented, knows that his beauty attracts more attention. And that's good for business and for the team.
He finds in the coach's daughter, Brooke Derringer, the new manager in dealing with the advert
Carol | tilthelastpage
Any book by Layla Hagen is like a wonderful treat on Christmas morning. This book is one of my most anticipated read in the series because I've been waiting for Jace to tell his own story. Plus, who wouldn't want to fall in love with a sexy soccer player? Alas, Layla Hagen delivered another heart-warming and satisfying romance with a much-needed drama and incredible dynamic between a family that wouldn't let you down. The plot and pace of this story are very well-adjusted, making it easy for re ...more
Marika
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's Jace's turn and he falls spectacularly..the guy with the easiest smile and a career that brings him joy, he never considered a relationship, since all women wants from him is status or opportunities..
Until he meets Brooke, his coach's daughter, a woman who has been burned before and is determined to keep things friendly.
These two develop an easy friendship that slowly grows into more..
I love the Connor and I adored Jace's story! He is such a great guy and so so sweet!
Can't wait for the nex
Becca Stanfield Vernon
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another Connor sibling bits the dust! Jace is the playboy athlete & his character didn’t disappoint. Brooke is sweet, yet strong. This was a fun, sweet storyline. It was great to see more into Jace’s character. He is a wonderful alpha guy, that meets Brooke then all bets are off. He starts off being her friend then it progresses from there. They are such a sweet couple & I loved them. I recommend this book. Told in dual POV.
Madeline
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FIGHTING FOR YOU lived up to its title. I love the Connor family and the story of Jace and Brooke was really good. Reading about independent and strong characters is my cup of tea. Also, since I am a true romantic, the love story was great and seeing the “mean characters “ get their just due was terrific!
Colleen
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can always rely on this author to write a book I will enjoy. So thank you, author.
I loved catching up with the Connor siblings, and it was so great to see Jace fall in love. I enjoyed Pippa's cameo because I love the Bennetts as much as I love the Connors. Now I can't wait for Hailey to find her someone.
Laura Veloso
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hot damn!!! I could not wait for Jace’s book and let me tell you it did not disappoint. Loved it from cover to cover❤ ...more
Sofia Lazaridou
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fighting For You is the fifth book in the "The Connors" series by Layla Hagen. I am a fan of the author, but this time I found the book lacking the usual spark that makes me love her books. Jace is a great hero and a very loving uncle and I also liked Brooke who is trying to pick up some of the pieces in her life after she was betrayed by her boyfriend and her best friend. To be honest, I didn't like her as much as I liked Jace. There was something about the two of them as a couple that did not ...more
Amy Dickinson
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Well, she did it. Layla Hagen outdid herself with her newest book, Fighting for You. I haven’t fully read the Bennett series. However, I’ve been invested in the Connor family from the start. First, she made me fall in love with Landon and Maddie in Anything for You. Then, she outdid that book with Lori and Graham’s tale in Wild with You. I fell in insta-love with Will and Paige in Meant for You. Then, I swooned over Carter in his story with Val in Only with You. All along tho
Nate Brightman
Jun 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Fighting for You is the 5th book in the Connor family series based upon the six Connor siblings. I’ve been a fan since the first. This story is youngest Connor sibling Jace’s story. Jace is a professional soccer player for the mythical L.A. Lords owned by Graham, the husband of Connor sibling Lori. Jayce is the team’s biggest star and thanks to being named G.Q.s sexiest man of the year three years running his fame transcends soccer. The heroine in this story is Brooke Derringer who is also the h ...more
Bunny  Piamonte Bañes
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been looking forward to Jace's book ever since I started reading this series. I love athletes in my books. I always get excited to read sports romance and Fighting For You definitely is on top of my favorites list. Having met Jace in the previous books gave me a glimpse of who he was. I already developed an attraction towards him because of how he was with his siblings, nephew and nieces.

This is the 5th book in this series and I still can't get enough with the Connor siblings. I knew Jac
Kayla
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"She saw something in me. I hoped that something was really there, and not just a wish she was projecting."

Fighting For You quickly became my favorite Connor book yet! I am so in love with Jace's story! I have always had a soft spot for the playboy soccer player, and his story did not disappoint. Everything about this story drew me in. Once I started I simply could not stop. I found myself flying through the pages anxious for more. It checked all my feel good boxes. While also combining some o
Debbie Hanson
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-review
Fighting For You
Connor Family book 5
Layla Hagen
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Ahhh Jace Connor. What can I say… that man is a steaming hot soccer player who has played such a huge role on the Connor clan stories. His funny side, devious giving bad ideas to his nephew, Milo side, sexy sports man who makes women swoon side, and alpha brother side. I’ve adored every side, and was so glad to see his story come to light… and as he power switch is turned on his love life, it will be like a well lit candle.

Jace is LA Lords MVP
Karen
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hagen
This book is Jace’s book n the Connor series. Jace is a professional soccer player and has no interest in finding just one women to spend the rest of his life with. He is quite happy with how it is right now. Enter Brooke. He is smitten with her the minute he sees her. Problem one is she is the coaches daughter and problem two she works for the club he plays for. No problem he thinks I just want friends with benefits and I will be fine so he thinks! He comes to find himself being very protective ...more
Lexi
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fighting for you is the fifth book in this series, we follow Jace Connor who is the famous soccer player and Brooke Derringer who’s the newbie working for the Lords.

Jace which has received several titles in the past that range from hot new soccer star, to Lords MVP and our favorite playboy. Jace is the youngest Connor sibling but now wants more out of life than just empty relationships. He’s seen his siblings find love and is more ready for something serious.

Brooke is starting a brand new job,
May 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Lauren
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!! I loved this book. The depth and characters were fantastic. I’ve been waiting to read Jace’s story and it didn’t disappoint!!

Hot soccer player who’s fun loving, kind and cares! I loved Brooke’s character. She was strong and savvy.

The
Megan
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting what seems like forever for Jace's story and Layla Hagen did not disappoint! I loved this book.
Jace is the one of the younger Conner siblings, who just also happens to be a famous soccer player. Not just because of his great soccer skills but also because of his looks. When the team hires on the coach's daughter in PR she immediately gets under his skin with how not only how beautiful she is, but how she is invested in her work and loves doing it.
Brooke is determined to kee
Stacie Christensen
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sexiest soccer player. Top-scoring athlete. America's favorite party boy.

The reformed party-boy is now steering clear of anything that could blemish his reputation. But when the coach's gorgeous daughter is hired on as the team’s new sponsorship
Ashley Gayhart
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I can always count on this author to reel me back in to reality with her persuasive writing. From the Bennett family to the Connor family, I have fallen in love with each and every story this author has written, and Fighting For You is no different. Layla Hagen made a great choice in choosing the title for Fighting For You, it fits Jace and and Brooke's story to a T. There was an great amount of character development, with lots of witty dialogue, and an even greater amount of development through ...more
Renee Entress
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, suspense, and heartache.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Anything For You (The Connor Family, #1)
Wild With You (The Connor Family #2)
Meant for You (The Connor Family #3)
Only With You (The Connor Family #4)

This Brooke and Jace's story. Jace wants to stay away from anything that will blemish his reputation. He is working hard at keeping everything together. That is until he meets Brooke. Bro
Sony
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 5th book in the 'Connor Family' series. This story is about Jace, he always has a smile, kickback attitude, his family is means everything to him, and he's a sexy professional soccer player. Wow! When the Connor men fall they fall fast and hard. This is a love at first site story.
I couldn't put this book down, as in, I read this book in one day really in one sitting. I loved everything about Jace and Brookes story, from the humor, to the flirty smiles and comments between them. I lo
B.
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brooke Derringer, twenty-seven, is starting over after losing her best friend, boyfriend, and job in one fell swoop. She is soured on love. She learned not to mix business with pleasure the hard way. She has every intention of following her father's hard and fast rule for the worplace going forward: be friendly, not friends.

Her father is the coach of the L.A. Lords, a professional soccer team. When a job opening popped up that was a perfect fit for Brooke, he suggested she apply. Brooke got the
Johnaka
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fighting for You by Layla Hagen
“Work place romance, 4 stars”

Jace’s family members are dropping like flies when it comes to love. Love isn’t something he’s really in the market for where he’s a pro athlete. Every time he thinks he’s found a good one it turns out they are using him. So he’s better off alone. Then he meets Brooke. He can’t stay away from her. Will he be able to convince her he’s worth it?
Brooke has been burned by love. After a somewhat nasty break up between her and her ex and her
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Welcome! My name is Layla Hagen and I am a Contemporary Romance author.

I fell in love with books when I was nine years old, and my love affair with stories continues even now, many years later.

I write romantic stories and can’t wait to share them with the world.

And I drink coffee. Lots of it, in case the photo didn’t make it obvious enough ;)

The Connor Family (5 books)
  • Anything For You (The Connor Family, #1)
  • Wild With You (The Connor Family, #2)
  • Meant for You (The Connor Family, #3)
  • Only With You (The Connor Family, #4)