Start by marking “Secret Magic (Evie Everyday Witch #1)” as Want to Read:
Secret Magic (Evie Everyday Witch #1)

Secret Magic (Evie Everyday Witch #1)

Funnymagical adventure seriesperfect for kids ages 7 and up

My name is Evie Everyday and I’m a witch. But all I’ve ever wanted is to be a Lamron. That’s the word normal spelled backward. Anyways, now I have the chance to go to a regular school and be a regular girl I’ll do whatever it takes to fit in.

Fitting in is easy. All I have to do is:

Keep my magic a secret
Published June 11th 2019 by Angelos Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Secret Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Magic

Start your review of Secret Magic (Evie Everyday Witch #1)
Susie
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was so very funny. The kids begged me to read on instead of saving chapters for other bedtimes. We laughed out loud so much. We can’t wait to read more adventures.
Raya Whitehouse
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So right off the bat, the reason I chose to read and review this book is because of the cover. It reminded me of the show I used to watch a long while ago, Sabrina the Teenage Witch (yes there is a more darker version on Netflix that I also have watched and loved, and hope for another season soon). But yea the teenager has blonde hair, has a black cat, and just the vibe it gave off seemed interesting enough to check it out.

Book starts out well, describes the current situation of Evie Everyday
LitPick Book Reviews
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All she wants is to be a "normal" kid going to a "normal" school. But for Evie the Everyday Witch, fitting in isn’t easy. At Pergoria, her witch school, all her classmates made fun of her and she didn’t have a single friend. Then she moved to Wyndermere, and her parents finally let her go to the local school. Evie gets her chance to be an "everyday" kid, but it isn’t easy. While Evie shows up to the first day of sixth grade wearing her bright colored clothing (especially notable are her sparkly ...more
Rajalakshmi Prithviraj
Every child is unique, a universal truth. However, the moment he or she is able to discover the magic within him or her, it becomes priceless. Unfortunately, the very need to be accepted by peer group might hamper the child's development.

The plot revolves around Evie Everyday, a witch who has magical powers within her. But she prefers to change herself and hide her magic so that she is liked by her friends. But does this turn out to be in her favour? Well, to know that please read about Evie in
Tynea Lewis
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Evie Everyday is a witch, and all she wants is to be normal. On her first day at school she meets a girl named Izzy. Izzy is really nice and different from all the rest. Izzy studies witches and harpies (which are enemies), so Izzy knows right away that Evie is a witch. Evie also meets the principal, who wants to “help” her fit in. She gives her a black dress and tells her to stay away from Izzy. Evie stops hanging out with Izzy and slowly becomes popular.
Evie suspects something is up with
Louise-Andree
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5*

**Free copy on Amazon.ca**

What a cute little book this was. I'm glad I picked that one up to try. First of all, that cover reminds me of Sabrina the Teenage Witch so much. Also, it was a nice change from all the cozy mysteries and big plotted fantasy books I've been reading lately.

Meet Evie, a young witch who's spends her time surrounded by the supernatural, of course, goes to a magic school but has no friends at all. Her dream is to live a normal life, go to a normal school and make normal
Prachiti Talathi Gandhi
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Who says that children's books must be read when you are a child!
I recently read a book written by Elena Paige. The book is about a witch, but don't be afraid she is not a cruel witch. It is a story of Evie Everyday. She always wanted to go to a school where normal kids go. Evie has been to the witches' school called Pergoria. There she learned about making potions, flying on a broomstick and how to disappear and reappear in different places. Evie didn't enjoy learning about this.

Evie loved
Suzanne Hare
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Evie has always wanted to be normal but she is a witch. She gets the opportunity to go to a normal school and feels this is her opportunity to fit in. She changes her clothes, and does everything she can to fit in. Until one day she is needed to be the witch she is.

This is a chapter book for children. It is an amazing book that is sure to capture the imagination of school aged children and encourage reading. The illustrations are fun and interesting. The characters are chalked full of
Dani (ダニ)
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, books
I got this for free for an honest review

I've already read a Middle Grade by Elena Page and I love the quirky, fun stories she comes up with. Those books are all for children after the age of about 7 and they're definitely fun to read. If you have kids or grandkids and you want them to read something fun, Elena Paige is definitely someone you should take into consideration.

This story here is a first in a trilogy and it's about a girl who's a witch and all she wants is to be normal. She wants to
Emma
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I recieved a free copy via booksirens in exchange for an honest review.

The cover is cute, will appeal to it's target audience.

I felt it was a little all over the place at times. Like the author was trying jam too much into a small of time. It did all make sense though.

I think kids would love this book as there is always something happening and full of mad and exciting magic.

Having it set in a normal school is a great idea, I was worried that it would mean there would be no magic but there was
Marjorie
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute story about a likeable if naive and slightly ditzy girl who had to learn the hard way that sometimes what you think you want isn't really what you want at all. Strong positive message without being preachy. It did have the absentee/oblivious parents that seem so ubiquitous in this type of story.

The illustrations were adorable!

kids verdict - it was funny! The girls commented on the crazy fashion and cute pets, the boys talked about the monster and bits of potty humor. Everyone thought Izzy
arlene aliano
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever been the only new kid in class and felt like you really didn't fit in? To make matters worse, at your previous school everyone was super competitive and you weren't? Evie, the new girl, would do just about anything to blend in. Just be normal for once.

Is normal even possible for a sixth grader and a witch? We will find out as Evie makes her way through the school days and each one becomes more weird than the last.

A very enjoyable quick read, full of magic, and preteen angst.
Karen Field
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Books about witches are generally something I avoid. But this book is different because it's for young readers. I knew it would be light-hearted and fun. Besides, I loved the colourful cover.

Young readers will love the mayhem of the main character, Evie. She's different but doesn't want to be. She wants what most of us want--to fit in and be accepted. As a result of this strong desire, Evie allows herself to be moulded into someone she's not, at a significant cost to herself.

There is often a lot
Jane(Janelba)
A very amusing story about Evie Everday, a young witch. She yearns to be normal or backwards lamrons ! This follows Evie’s adventure starting at a normal school having previously been at Pergoria a school for witches, where she was made fun of and didn’t feel to fit in. At wyndemere she encounters things which are anything but normal. Especially the school principal Mrs Rogers, who is far from normal. Beautifully written, delightful characters and good overcomes bad. Lovely artwork and story ...more
N.A. Wolf
Aug 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I love the message and the idea behind it but reading this was like talking to my 5 year old with ADHD. There were a lot of tangents I think would make it hard for young readers to follow the story line. I tried reading the first chapter to my daughter and she couldn't sit through it. She is younger than the recommended age though.
Toby Williams
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Normal Means Anything But...!

When Evie, a witch, tries to fit in with normal kids, her life turns upside down including everyone at school. Being herself puts Evie back to her true happy self. This is a fun, creative story of honesty and treating friends with a genuine kindness.
Amy Ingalls
I received a free copy of this book from booksirens. Evie just wants to be a normal girl. She wants so badly to fit in at school that she isn't listening to her gut feelings when she notices that things don't seem right at her new school. This book is fun and shows that being true to yourself, and being a good friend, are more important than being "normal." Also, the pictures are supercute!
Pat Eroh
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great story for kids - I love it. I remember learning to read with books like this when I was younger and I learned to love reading. Now close to 60, I still love reading. This book is fabulous and perfect for teaching kids to read and to love reading.

Amanda Ehnis
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was great. The descriptions of the characters make them seem like you can actually see what everything looks like. There were some parts that were very funny and cute as well. Overall, a great book for younger readers.

Molly
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Friendship is a powerful magic, but the most potent magic is being her own true self.

Evie the Everyday Witch has to go through a series of dark and dangerous adventures to recall that - and a fun adventure ensues, together with her new friend Izzy.

Brett Perkins
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Evie Everyday Witch was just such a fun read. The characters had loads of personality and funny moments that kept me turning those pages. I loved the illustrations and the twists and turns of the first book in this series.
For all readers, especially reluctant readers, this book is a real treat!
Wesa W Chau
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had an hour and wanted to read something very light, so read Evie Everyday Witch. Whilst it's a teens book, but I loved the story of Evie just wanted to be 'normal', but she is so much more. A story that resonates with people including adults like me.
Amber  Christiansen
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a cute story, very over-the-top and unrealistic, but it's clean and I think my kids will enjoy it when I read it with them. I received a free copy and am voluntarily leaving a review but my opinions are my own.
Lisa Lemelin
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was provided a complimentary e-arc by booksirens.com in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this fun fast paced action packed adventure , i cant wait to read the next book.
Sherry Christenson
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute quick read.

I received an advanced review copy in exchange for an honest review
nivya
Peggy
Dec 20, 2019
Jenny
Dec 22, 2019

• Queen of Dragons (Kingdom of Fairytales: Sleeping Beauty, #1)
  • Ice Crown (The Elements of Kamdaria 1)
  • Bees on the Roof
  • Princess Stories
  • Delectable Wicked Rakes: A Historical Romance Collection
  • Darkness Beckons (Kat Drummond, #5)
  • Kat Drummond First Trilogy: Kat Drummond Boxset 1-3 (Kat Drummond Boxsets Book 1)
  • Heiress of the Sea (Kingdom of Fairytales: Little Mermaid #2)
  • Skyseeker's Princess (Songs of Si’Empra, #1)
  • Write Like Hell: Dark Fantasy & Sci-Fi (Vol.2)
  • Magic's Stealing (The Wishing Blade, #1)
  • Osmium War
  • Revenge Games ( Book 1): Victim? : Who is that?
  • Tristan's Choice (The Darkest Day, #2)
  • You Can Do Anything You Want
  • I Like Me And I Love Me - A Self-Love activity book: An activity and colouring book for children. Focused on self-love, mindfulness and confidence building for kids.
  • Punk the Skunk Learns to Say Sorry (Punk and Friends Book 1)
  • Flip, the Fainting Goat
Elena Paige is a children's and teen author with a background in counselling psychology. She loves creating stories which inspire and transform young readers - either through empowering them, entertaining them, or encouraging them to be more creative and imaginative.

Her books, while being filled with magic and wonder, have real life characters with real life issues - like fitting in, trusting