Start by marking “The Rival Bid” as Want to Read:

The Rival Bid

Shell fight for what she wants...even if she has to make a deal with the devil.

Camilla Anthony painstakingly restores older Chicagoland homes to their former glory. So when the opportunity arises to acquire an abandoned block of homes and a school in her neighborhood of Southlake Park, shes ready to take on the challenge. But she'll need the help of her former crush and
Kindle Edition
Published May 24th 2019 by Sinfully Sweet Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Rival Bid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rival Bid

Start your review of The Rival Bid
Timitra
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Rival Bid

I enjoyed this quick read. It's a sweet, sexy, cute friends to lovers story about a thirty-six year old heroine and a forty year old hero who had lost touch but found their way back to each other. I definitely recommend it.
Brenda  Larnell
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mekkai Kai Arrington is the featured Gent for this engaging contribution to the Distinguished Gentlemen series, and his counterpart is Camilla Cam Anthony. They both grew up in Southlake Park, the primary setting for the series. Although talented author, Reese Ryan utilizes a familiar trope, friends-to-enemies-to-lovers, the storyline is fresh and captivating. Mama Peaches, the force behind the bachelor auction fund-raiser for renovating and revitalizing her beloved Southlake Park neighborhood, ...more
Fedora
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Rival Bid is a stand-alone read in the Distinguished Gentlemen series, about guys participating in a bachelor auction in the Southlake Park neighborhood in Chicago.

Camilla Anthony and Mekkai Arrington grew up side by side in the Southlake Park neighborhood where their fathers were friends and business partners. That happy childhood went down the tubes pretty quickly when Mr Arrington was revealed to be a liar and cheat, and ultimately went to prison for his wrongdoings. Unfortunately the
Alice
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The truth will out!

Kai short for Mekkai and Cam short for Camilla grew up together even though four years separated them they still had love for each other. Their families were close friends and their dad's business partners. Kai's dad was involved in some dirty dealings that landed him in prison where he was killed. Fast forward twenty-five years later and the lie Kai's dad told him all those years ago finally came to the light and Kai learned the truth. I was really impressed by the fact that
Felice Foster
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ive been looking forward to the novellas in this series for a few months now. Although the books are connected via the bachelor auction, each novella is independent of each other.

Kai and Cammie are complicated at best. They are on opposite sides of everything. But their attraction for each other is not one of them.

I like characters who dont lie to themselves. Both Kai and Cammie acknowledge that even though they are in serious lust with each other, they cant be together because of their pasts.
Empi Baryeh
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!
Camilla and Mekkai are childhood friends who could have been more, but a rift between their fathers tears them apart. Years later, as rivals in the construction industry, they both have their eye on the same project, but neither wants to share. Although Camilla warms to the idea, Mekkai stands his ground. The only way to get his attention is to buy a date with him at the bachelor auction.

I loved how Camilla took the necessary step to advance her business. Forced to work together,
Sharon Robinson
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Friends to enemies to lovers

This was a well written romance story in the Distinguished Gentlemen Series. Mekkai and Camilla were childhood friends, their fathers were business partners until one was accused of embezzlement. Mekkai and Camilla were forced to work together on a project in their old neighborhood. Camilla always had a crush on Mekkai and he couldnt resist the woman shed become. Could they forget the past and work together? Reese Ryan you did not disappoint....what a great enemies to
Celeste
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh Yeah, you'll enjoy Camilla and Kai's rival bid

What Happens when the past meets your present and alters the very thing you want most. Reese explores the story of Kai and Camilla as the restoration project of Southlake brings them together. The past history between the two is the foundation that sets the stage for what's to come. I will say that one of my predictions was incorrect when it came to Kai and I am glad it was. What you'll find is why forgiveness is so important and equally that of
Shavonna Futrell
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cammie and Kai once childhood friends that ended in hurt and disappointment for both of them and their families. Years later both are older and successful and they come up against each other for a bid on a job that they both want for their old community. They also have an undeniable attraction for each other that may also cause a problem.

Once again Reese Ryan did not disappoint, this a steamy read, the chemistry between the two is just at 🔥🔥 as the rival between them. I enjoyed how the author
Geri Evans
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Great Ending 🤗

This is the last book for me in the Distinguished Gentlemen Series and Reese Ryan did not disappoint! The story of Mekkai and Camilla was right on point! Young love that was lost but then, not really lost, just buried! This story grabbed me from the beginning until the end! Another winner for Reese Ryan! I highly recommend this to everyone! Kudos, Reese! 💜
Ms . T Gilliam
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable book

Camilla restores all the old buildings in her hometown and keeps them affordable for the residents. Mekkia builds luxury homes around his hometown and now he has an opportunity to come back to their hometown and right some wrongs. Only to find out what he thought was wrong was right all along. Camilla bids on him to get him to partner on a building deal with her and get the friendship that she lost with the man that she's always loved.
Bigedsgirl1
Engaging Storyline and Endearing Characters!
Reese Ryan's characters are so real and the dialogue is so believable that I immediately connected with Cammie and Kai, as well as the colorful secondary characters that populated the close knit community of Southlake in Chicago. The Rival Bid has definitely earned a place on my favorites shelf as this book is one unforgettable, romantic, sensual, and soul satisfying read!
CaroMommie
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has it all. Drama, tension, grudges, secrets, beautiful people, forgiveness and a very happily ever after 🙂.

It is a perfect enemies to lovers, and this one actually brought tears to my eyes 😢🙂. Cam and Kai are a great team, even when theyre at odds, and that made for the heated push/pull that weve come to expect from a Reese Ryan book.

I think you will thoroughly enjoy this story.

Tina Jackson
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

This story was so touching and sweett. Kai and Cam both resenting each other for perceived wrongs of thiet fathers. I loved reading about them putting pride aside and dealing with their real feelings for each other. This was another amazing story in The Distinguished Gentlemen series. I am an avid fan of Reese Ryan and this story did not dissapoint.
Sherry Sias
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it! Funny and charming!

First read by this author and I absolutely love it! Kai and Cam were perfect for each other. I loved their chemistry, charm and whit. Cam is a strong independent woman with strong values. Kai is a strong man who takes nothing from anyone but learns how to swallow his pride when learning he was wrong.
Definitely recommend this author.
Mybookscafe
Cute and Funny

This book was fun. It wasn't too long, I wanted more lol. I enjoyed the entire book and since this was my first read from Reese, I'll definitely will check out her other books
Kendra Thompson
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always in love

This was a cute story that had quite a few twists and turns. Mai and Cam were destined to be together and it was just a matter of time before the heads moved out of the way and let their hearts take over.
Kelly Jo
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

I love this author. It is a pleasure to read her books and I recommend them highly. Look forward to more.
Ava Smith-forrest
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kai and Cam

Mama Peaches had the answer again for what it would take to get the Anthony's and the Anderson's on one accord.
Valerie
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nice!

I really enjoyed reading Kai and Cammie's story. Very well written and a great addition to the series. Glad I read it!
Malaika
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Story!

This is my first time reading this author but I was not disappointed. This is one of my favorite books in the series.
Denise Hearon
Good book
Myrlita Clark
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great love story
Kyra Gates
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfect story, perfect balance of story telling and hot scenes...also a tear jerker.
Melba McNeal

• The Reluctant Bid
  • The Alpha Bid: Distinguished Gentlemen Series
  • Invitation to Bid
  • Losing The Bid: Distinguished Gentlemen
  • A Bid on Forever (Distinguished Gentlemen, #1)
  • The Closing Bid
  • Switched at Bid: Distinguished Gentlemen Series
  • The Bid Catcher
  • Lover's Bid: Distinguished Gentlemen
  • The Contingency Bid
  • The Renegade Bid: Distinguished Gentlemen Series
  • An Outlandish Bid (Distinquished Gentlemen)
  • Heart's Desire (Unparalleled Love Series)
  • In Pursuit of You (In The Heart of A Valentine #6)
  • Jah (Them Boys #2)
  • New Year, New Boo?: a holiday short
  • Soul's Desire (Unparalleled Love Series)
Author of the Bourbon Brothers and Pleasure Cove series, Reese Ryan writes sexy, emotional love stories with family drama and surprising secrets.

Reese is the recipient of the 2018 Donna Hill Breakout Author Award, a panelist at the 2017 Los Angeles Times Festival of Books and past president of her local Romance Writers of America chapter.

News & Interviews