Start by marking “Revive (Rewind #3)” as Want to Read:
Revive (Rewind #3)

Revive

(Rewind #3)

To Patrick Lefèvre, nothing matters besides his family, his friends, and sex. He isn't cut out for relationships, and everyone knows it.

Since his divorce, Brandon Smith has had a lot going on. There's no time for hookups or one-night stands. Not until he meets Patrick—a man as elusive as he is gorgeous.

Little does Brandon know that the man he just s
Paperback
Published October 2019

To ask other readers questions about Revive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revive

Start your review of Revive (Rewind #3)
Jennifer☠Pher☠
So far this series has been stories that might be a little too real for me.

In Rewind we read about a second chance at love after a horrible tragedy. It was not an easy read and at times, for me, it was too much.

Return, I read because it was the second book in the series but had I paid better attention I probably wouldn’t have touched it with a ten foot pole. It was so out of my comfort zone.<
Angela
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Revive is the third book in the Rewind Series by Rowan Shaw. It is an M/M bisexual romance, with plenty of angst and drama. As with all Rowan Shaw’s stories, it pulled me in right from the beginning. The story is quite emotive- it is so well written that the characters and situations were completely ‘real’ and believable. And as I have said previously- Ms. Shaw certainly knows how to tell a great story- writing a complex, thought-provoking, moving, and memorable story.
Th
Sara Oxton
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Revive by Rowan Shaw a rocking four-star read. This is number three in the Rewind series and I have read and enjoyed the series they get better with each read and story, but you could read it as stand-alone. If you have read the previous novels then definitely read the note from the author, as This will surprise you, I was so empathetic towards Patrick and this surprised me as I didn’t enjoy his character previously, but this author has a way of making you really care about the people in these s ...more
Bobbi Wagner
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think this series gets better with every book. I never hesitate to pick up this author, I know I'm in for a ride when I do. This one is no different. This is a story of romance and professional boundaries. Brandon and Patrick are great characters that have strong chemistry. After a one night stand and the realization of a patient - therapist relationship will they cross the line? They made the story feel real and kept me turning pages to the end. I highly recommend this must read book.
Kaila
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
very good.. certain parts irritated me.. certain characters i wanted to strangle.. but overall it was a very good story and well written and i really liked it.
Athira
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt, awesome-saga
I've been waiting for Patrick's book since I read Rewind and this doesn't disappoint in the least. Patrick and Brandon are amazing together. I love their dynamic and Patrick is so whipped! All I could think while reading the book was, don't hurt Patrick. (So Patrick might be my favourite 😉)

While this book is dual POV, we get Patrick's POV a tad more. Also this takes place in the same time frame as Rewind. I love this series but this book is my favourite. I loved the banter between Pa
Karolina Cebula
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Patrick is a playboy who goes to bed with every willing man he finds attractive. He doesn't even think about stable relationship and settling down. One day, in one of the clubs he meets Brandon, an incredibly handsome American with whom he spends the passionate, unforgettable night. However, his life turns upside down when they meet once again, this time as a psychologist and his patient. Their mutual attraction is impossible to ignore, which is one of the reasons things get even more complicate ...more
Szidi ☼
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was such an amazing journey. Patrick's journey was beautiful. Patrick and Brandon's love story was cute, lovely and parfait.

more on my blog: https://readingundertherainbow.blogsp...
LostForReal
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Being so in love you get depressed without the other person? Being so enamoured most of your life feels empty or almost... pointless without him? There are times I would roll my eyes so hard at that kind of romance. But some books prove that I am still a romantic at the core and the younger me that ate this stuff up years ago... is still here, inside me, just waiting for the more experienced and critical part of me to let her indulge with those few books it deems worthy of mooning over.
Isabelle D
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In REWIND, Patrick mentioned a problem with a client but we didn't get the details as that book was about Enzo and Florian. Here we finally meet Brandon and find out what happened. I was curious about it so I was looking forward to reading this book and I'm pleased to say I wasn't disappointed at all. As I said about REWIND and RETURN...

I will always prefer "closed bedroom door" romances but, when I really like the characters and the story, I'm willing to cope with a higher "level of heat"

I
Carrie
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Revive (Rewind Book 3) by Rowan Shaw
My rating 5 out of 5 stars

To say I'm obsessed and completely in love with Rowan Shaw books is an understatement. Both of the first 2 books in the Rewind series as well as this one have completely blown me away. I love the characters, the story line, the drama, everything. I really appreciate getting to see characters from the previous books appear in this book, it is nice to remember their stories while reading about Brandon and Patrick
Xanthe
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
**4.5**
In this book we follow Patrick and his encounter with a stranger at a club who turns out to be a new patient the next day at work. Brandon wants to learn to be comfortable being out as bisexual and his first experience is something he will never forget and doesn't want to but Patrick isn't someone who does repeats......until now.
There are many hot scenes between the two men and it's wonderful reading the character development of Patrick as he starts with a deep mistrust of bisexual
Tina
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Revive is the third book in the Rewind series by author Rowan Shaw. The previous books are not necessary to enjoy or understand this book. I didn’t read the others and I wasn’t lost; however, fans of the series might understand Patrick way better than I did. I felt the author’s disclaimer on their character was odd but perhaps necessary for the true fans, It is always hard to make a villain from a previous book likable and Patrick is no exception. I did like him to a point; however, I would say ...more
Amy Dufera
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Revive, the third book in the Rewind series, is a great addition this wonderful world create by Rowan Shaw. Although part of a series, it is easily read as a standalone.

What starts as a one night stand soon turns into a client/psychiatrist relationship the next morning. Yikes! Of course, Patrick and Brandon can't deny their intense attraction, but acting on it isn't the wise choice.

Their relationship includes intense need that leads to some fun first-time moment
Karyn Taylor
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Revive is the 3rd instalment in the erotic, queer Rewind series by Rowan Shaw. It can be read as a stand-alone but in my humble opinion, I think it would be enjoyed better if you at least read the first book ‘Rewind’ before this one.
I loved the first 2 books in this series but was a bit hesitant before reading this one as I really didn’t like Patrick when we first met him in Rewind. However I have to say that Patrick did redeem himself in Revive. Having had a bad experience with a bi man b
Tausha Treadway
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Revive (Rewind Book 3) by Rowan Shaw. This book was amazing. It's the third book in the series but can be read as a standalone. I suggest reading the others first because other characters do appear in this book from the others. This book is the story of Patrick Lefevre who lives in France and is a very successful Psychotherapist. Patrick loves his family, friend and hookups! No relationships, he doesn't have time for that. When he meets newly divorced Brandon Smith who is out with his ex and her ...more
Christina
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have loved this series since its debut and with this it was no different. However, this is an new/adult novel that has some sexy themes so if you're not a fan of that do not read this.
• When it comes to the character diversity, like the other books there are alot of diversity here and I especially appreciate that although this takes place in France mainly there was also an American main character in it as well which was definitely good.
• I also appreciated the relationship when it came to th
Laura Furuta
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
REVIVE (Rewind Book 3)
By: Rowan Shaw
5 out of 5 stars

The story REVIVE (Rewind Book 3) by Rowan Shaw is the next book in a series that I have loved since the first story. The book had my emotions going up and down the entire time that I was reading. I loved reading about the characters of Patrick and Brandon. They have an attraction to each other. One problem, Patrick is Brandon’s new therapist. What will happen next? Will they just a professional relationship or will they
Michelle Austin
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Revive was a great 4 star read and book three in the Rewind series and can be read as a stand alone.

I really liked Brandon and Patrick and their story.
Brandon is a single father who has been struggling with coming out, when he has a one night stand with a hot man things get even harder for him. Brandon gets a very unexpected surprise when he meets his new therapist, Patrick, the one night stand.

Will the chemistry between these two test the patient, doctor boundaries? Can they
Liz
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rowan Shaw has brought to life another beautiful and sweet couple that I just couldn’t get enough of in Revive. I might be a bit odd but I enjoy the premise of the story. Something about the situation makes it seem so much more realistic and I love reading about how things go down. The first two books in the series were a bit heavier reads as far as subject matter so this was also nice to have a bit more of an airy and light tone to it.

Brandon and Patrick really make Revive shine. These two had
Heather Bass
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read a few books from this author and she always surprises me. This is the third book in the Rewind series. You don’t have to read them in order but there are previous characters in this story as well. I was so excited to read this book. When I got it I stopped everything and started to read it immediately. I could not put it down. It only took me a day to devour this incredible book.

Brandon has a lot that is going on in his life. Ever since he got divorced he doesn’t want to get into an
Maura
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
REVIVE is the 3rd book in the "Rewind" series and can be read as a stand-alone, but I would really recommend reading REWIND first because there is a common thread to both stories. Also, it will help you to develop reading in a French accent (seriously, am I the only one that does this?)

REVIVE has a warning that there is a some "bi-phobia" in the book and I was surprised the direction where that phobia came from. It was an interesting twist I thought. This is a developed story with st
Robin Rankin
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Revive by Rowan Shaw is the third book in the Rewind series.

I hated Patrick when I first met him. He was a pompous elitist and didn't have patience or understanding for anyone who wasn't like him.

Then I read his story and found out there is so much more to Patrick than what he showed us at the beginning and I ended up falling in love with him.

Oh, what can I say about Brandon? He is an overall amazing man, friend and father. He would do anything for someone who
Lisa
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ibbb-year-4
I wanted to read this because it’s finally Patrick’s story. But I really really disliked him at the beginning. Once he started making internal changes I changed my mind and settled in to enjoy the rest of the story. Then came the feelings of sadness and heartbreak.

I was glad to meet Brandon. He is different than other characters we have met in the series. Wei added some fun times and laughter to the story. I was glad she was added. I liked the French cuisine info and how it differed and sometim
Xochitl
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a follower of the series, I was so happy when I received this book as an ARC, that I promise I’ll try to make an unbiased honest review despite my excitement. The series is amazing and this book is not exception. Even if it can be read as a standalone all happens in the same timeline than the previous books so is more interesting if you’d read them before. This book featured the story of Patrick, a player, who doesn’t believe in relationships and is biased against bisexuals, and Brandon a div ...more
Chantelle Smith
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rowan Shaw has done it again with another incredible read to this series. In Revive we follow Patrick & Brandon story. They have a chemistry that is strong and unique that I loved watching develop. You get taken on a rollercoaster ride with this read, we face ups and downs and a storyline that its captivating, real and relatable.
Once again Rowan Shaw has created characters that are real, well developed and really stand-out, and leave you stopping and really thinking.

This a
Kathryn Manzella
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
REVIVE is the third book in the REWIND series by Rowan Shaw. It is a contemporary m/m romance between a client and his therapist , although they dont know this relationship applies to them when they first meet.

This story was interesting and entertaining and definitely had me feeling some emotions. I like the characters a lot. Patrick and Brandon are sexy together and very sweet. The story has some angst, especially surrounding biphobia and willingness to give relationships a chance and the choi
Kerry Baker
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Revive by Rowan Shaw is the third book in the Rewind series. This book can be read as a stand-alone although the whole series is definitely worth reading!
This book has to be my favourite of the series so far. I loved the relationship between Patrick and Brandon right from the start. I felt their connection which I think made me connect with them that bit more than any others in the series.
The author also packed her usual creative writing into this whole book. I was swept away with th
Shannon
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rowan Shaw is my favorite go to author for MM romance! I love this series, even the fact that some are stand-alone stories! I love these characters!
Brandon and Patrick are strong men, who happen to like other men. However, Patrick has an issue with Brandon. With such strong characters and feelings and beliefs, it will be a wonder if they can figure it out.

I like the flow of this story. The tension builds quickly between the characters but not at an unbelievable pace. Shaw keeps the pages turni
Kerry  carr
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a lovely story about how our views can be changed when we find someone we love

Patrick is a gay man who doesnt do relationships. All he cares about is hook-ups, his friends and family. He also has a dislike for men who are bi and hes made his feelings know more than once. That is until he meets Brandon.

Brandon is bi who used to be married to a female and they have a daughter. He goes to a club and meets Patrick. That chance meeting ends up in a night of passion neither of the

• Sidearms and Spareribs (Hearts of Snow Lake #2)
  • Motorcycles and Macarons (Hearts of Snow Lake #1)
  • The Undercover Plan (Crushing #2)
  • Geeked (Matchmakers, #2)
  • Second Song (Sugarhouse Blues, #1)
  • Claiming Marcus (Lords of Discord, #1)
  • Graveyard Shift (Not Dead Yet #3)
  • Rules for Santa (Davey's Rules #3)
  • Captive Wolf (The Wildcrest Pack, #1)
  • Guarding His Heart
  • Jagher (Kif Warriors, #2)
  • Lucky Break (Clean Slate Ranch, #4)
  • The Dragon CEO's Assistant (Golden Kingdom, #2)
  • Homeward Bound (Pine Cove #3)
  • Fall Deep (Kinley Island, #3)
  • A Faerie Story
  • Sinister Shadows
  • Dine with Me
Rowan Shaw is the queer author of REWIND, a bisexual romance series set entirely in her home country, France.

Her writing is own voices when it comes to bisexuality, queerness, and French culture.

Addicted to reading and writing, Rowan can usually be found with a book in her hands or sitting in front of her computer, typing while listening to music from the 80's.

*** ...more